Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Raiders' Get-Together

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2004, 09:38 AM   #1
Ogmuk
Administrator

Default Your raid on the Calendar

You can find the calendar here and the mini calendar on our index page.

We're going to let you add events to the calendar on a moderated base, which means that it won't show up unless we, us administrators, validate your submitted item. Things that you can add are pick-up raids, roleplay events, basically everything you think it useful to the Erollisi Marr community.

Please use the option "Add New Event > Ranged Event" and pick the correct time zone so that everyone can see how late the event starts in their time zone (you can change your time zone in the User Control Panel). Don't select "All Day Event" unless absolutely necessary because you cannot select a starting time there.

I recommend you to use the time and a time zone in the topic, i.e. "10 pm EST: Plane of Fear" because this is very useful information for the mini calendar. It will show when holding the cursor on the link. If one wants to know how late that is in their time zone they can click on the event and it'll display just that.

If you have already started a thread on the forum about your raid, or if you will start one, then don't use "Event Information" field for the same story. Instead you should only refer to the thread on the message board where people can read more about the event. Preferably I would like to see only links to threads on the forum so that people can discuss the event. You can add a link with [ url ]http://www.my-link-here.com[ /url ] (without the spaces)

Also, read the rules for Moderated Forums since the Calendar is moderated too.

Last edited by Ogmuk; 02-28-2004 at 05:17 AM.
Ogmuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 09:45 AM   #2
Zelgadis

Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
And remember, listing a raid under a calendar date does not entitle you to that target(s) in the event that another raid gets it before you. All targets in the game are first come with capable raid, first serve. So please mind how you treat others in case your planned raid needs to be cancelled due to a raid that has come and taken the target before you could get there and ready.

*This has been a recording!*

Serving one day at a time, for four-to-six years at a time.
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 09:47 AM   #3
Ogmuk
Administrator

What Zelgadis said. It's not a booking system, it's just a way to get some folks to show up on your pick up raid and nothing more.

I haven't tested it with a normal user yet, hence if you're experiencing problems and can't get your item submitted, let me know. If it won't show up, it's working. It's just waiting for validation since the calendar is moderated.
Old 01-28-2004, 11:04 AM   #4
Vidden
Banned User

You know, there just has to be someone out there that is going to be watching this so that they can plan raids to get to some named mob before someone elses raid get there.
Vidden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 11:11 AM   #5
Zelgadis

Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
You can assume that, but it's always been assumed with how it's always been anyway.

Serving one day at a time, for four-to-six years at a time.
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 03:01 PM   #6
Ogmuk
Administrator

I'm not sure if the user rights are set correctly so if anyone wants to put an event on there, server downtime, release date of expansion or anything, feel free.
Old 02-01-2004, 06:54 PM   #7
Azusil

Default Question

I posted a raid on Feb 3rd and when I look at the callendar it has it on Feb 4th. Just curious if there is a glitch with the calendar?
Azusil's Cleric Help Center

If you start a group with out a cleric, you're just wrong
Azusil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 07:02 PM   #8
Ogmuk
Administrator

I'm pretty sure your account is using a different time zone than PST. If you click on the event you'll probably get to this this:
* This event was posted for time zone (GMT -8:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada) so it will appear to occur on a different day on your calendar.
It occurs on 3 am on my calendar (a European time zone), so it's on the 4th for me too. But that looks to be correct to me.
Old 02-02-2004, 09:45 AM   #9
Azusil

Originally Posted by Ogmuk
I'm pretty sure your account is using a different time zone than PST. If you click on the event you'll probably get to this this:

It occurs on 3 am on my calendar (a European time zone), so it's on the 4th for me too. But that looks to be correct to me.
ok Thank you for the reply. Take care friend
Azusil's Cleric Help Center

If you start a group with out a cleric, you're just wrong
Azusil is offline   Reply With Quote