Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Rants and Flames

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2003, 08:52 AM   #1
FuzzbalSH

Default Is Stormhammer for You?

Science of War, of the Stormhammer Server, wants YOU!

About Science of War: We are an Elementally Flagged guild of the Stormhammer Server. We are a competant crew that is looking for people who enjoy a good challenge and thrive on tactical advantage. Our motto has always been to do more with less. We raid from 8pm until 12am EST (Thats 4 hours) only 5 nights a week. The majority of our guild members are working individuals who thrive on finding a balance between real life activities and ingame advancement.

Reflagging: We will be starting a Reflagging drive at the beginning of October. The Stormhammer Server now has a Calendar System in place for Elemental Gods, Now is your chance to see the Plane of Time and work thru the process to get there with a team of dedicated and intelligent individuals.

For more information: Please visit www.scienceofwar.net . Feel free to send a cross server ;tell to anyone in the guild for more information.
FuzzbalSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 09:21 AM   #2
ShardmoonVer.1

I have a level 14 Frankenstein who might be interested. He has all of his gear except a belt and earrings.

Shardmoon
aka Kiebler
ShardmoonVer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 01:15 PM   #3
Kinbien

and it only costs you $40 a month!
Old 09-21-2003, 02:45 PM   #4
Auron

You should really post that Vova has left if you want to try and improve your chances of getting people.
Auron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 01:07 PM   #5
Punkture De'Vries

As someone on the TZ forum said...

OMG I CANT WAIT TO PAY $40 A MONTH FOR THISS!!1111

this guy has gone to several of the server boards i post at.

my general idea is that this guild is of the same caliber as the ones that recruit through /shout and /ooc, where more often than not, you're better off not joining.
Old 09-22-2003, 02:20 PM   #6
Kogur
Phatty!

More than likely they are an uber guild that has hit the barrier that put so many other uber guilds at a stand still as well.

The Rathe has put up a brick wall in front of many uber guilds simply because they lack a zerg force, despite the fact that they are a well honed force. Science of War may not have the people to overcome The Rathe, and much like Magister they have to recruit heavily for a bit to compensate.

The only real difference here is that they play on legends which costs more than most people are willing to spend...so they have a very limited pool of potential recruits and must actively seek out people from other servers.

I'm not certain this is the case, but it sure seems likely to me.
Kogur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 02:32 PM   #7
Nuzum

Default Muwahahahahahahaha

and so it goes,

boy they have to be an ubah powah guild that has to have a zerg force to beat shit. Small penis I think so.

you are an obvious tool.

"Kitties are the Dion warwicks of the shaman world"
Nuzum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 05:37 PM   #8
bobdz

Send a message via AIM to bobdz
thats still too much money a month for a bloody game ><
bobdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 09:36 PM   #9
Evelle

Stormhammer...isn't that the server where they let you pay more to test thier new shit before they release it to the rest of us?!

Sorry but the whole idea has always amused me. Sorta like "Look! we give you new content before anyone else sees it"....uh yeah sorry but that just screams test server to me. SOE just managed to get people to actually pay more to be testers for them.

Yeah yeah I know they get more gm events. I personally hate them they aren't ever going to top the Halloween '99 event.
Old 09-23-2003, 04:32 AM   #10
Zelgadis

Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
We get to try more content upon release than Stormhammer gets to try before the rest of the servers with expansions. Whenever people post stuff like this they don't put things into thought into their post such as server transfer payments and Legends extra payments, and (even though it doesn't apply to Stormhammer) what would happen when the player who the other server wants to attract moves over, loses all of their equipment, and is suddenly of completely no use to them, therefore wasting their money, losing their game-life's worth of equipment, and completely out of a deal.

I know I was considering playing around with Legends to get together with an old friend of mine again for a little while, but I pay my EQ for 6 months at a time. I wasn't going to chance finding out what would happen if I had switched my account to Legends status in the middle of the prepaid 6 month payment of regular servers.

And could a bazaar freak tell me what's up with people coming from other servers and going "Anyone want to trade plat for plat from here to there?"

Serving one day at a time, for four-to-six years at a time.
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 06:53 AM   #11
Ziktiny

Send a message via ICQ to Ziktiny Send a message via AIM to Ziktiny Send a message via Yahoo to Ziktiny
Hey Nuzum, long time no see. What's new?

Finally retired
Ziktiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 01:03 PM   #12
Parascol

Originally Posted by Zelgadis
And could a bazaar freak tell me what's up with people coming from other servers and going "Anyone want to trade plat for plat from here to there?"
There are entrupreneurs (sp) who have made a business of helping you transfer plat from one server to another one should you decide you want to switch servers.

Someone I work with recently did that from Ayonae to Karana. Think he gave them 75k on Ayonae for 55k on Karana or something.

If you look around Playerauctions, you'll find a few websites dedicated to these kinds of services. It's weird
Parascol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 01:54 PM   #13
Otterkin

Default scam

This sounds like a scam to me. Shouldn't it be in the scammer section? Stormhammer is like the country club for the rich. $40 dollars so u can get better service and better equipment is just wrong. You ever wonder why customer service is so poor on all the servers? Its cause sony wants you to pay $40 dollars a month for something that should be automatic when you subscribe. This is just an observation.

Otterkin <Avatars of the Emerald Throne>
53rd Illusionist
King of Otter-isle
Emporer of Crushbone
King of the Fire Giants
Grandmaster Jeweler
Jack of all Trades
Reservist of the Freeport Militia
Accomplished Mime
Guild Jester Extrodinare
Otterkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 02:07 PM   #14
Parascol

How would this be a scam?
Parascol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 04:49 PM   #15
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

$tormhammer has more of an unstable server than we do.

Whether that is intentional or not is debatable.
Old 09-25-2003, 05:37 PM   #16
Zelgadis

Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
Let's not forget about having to deal with that... one... guild... that one... that thought it was so great and important that it deserved a whole separate private server for just their guild alone.

Serving one day at a time, for four-to-six years at a time.
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 07:59 PM   #17
FanonFaythunder
ThreadKiller, Bitches

Send a message via ICQ to FanonFaythunder Send a message via AIM to FanonFaythunder
Oh god Zel.. you just opened the floodgates on that one.

So many wonderful cheap shots could come from that... damn restraint... damn it to Hell

You suck.

No, I don't play... except when I do.
FanonFaythunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 08:19 PM   #18
Frekkels

Hail,
You should really post that Vova has left if you want to try and improve your chances of getting people.
Did Vova leave Science of War?

They should add that to their ad if it is true. He was banned from the Crucible iirc.

Take care,
Old 09-25-2003, 09:51 PM   #19
Azraelwrath

Wasn't Science of War that guild who posted on every class board for people to join their guild?
SOE Interviewer: You're hired.
Azraelwrath is offline   Reply With Quote