Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Rants and Flames

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2003, 09:22 PM   #1
Etumaru

Default LDoN .... Too dangerous ?

Normally I don't post here for the sheer fact it is pointless but damn it I am pissed !
I logged on tonight looking forward to going on adventure. I put up LFG with my warrior and find a group pretty quiick. We buff up and head out. We get to BB, request the adventure and head over to the zone point. We try to zone in and get the message that the dungeon is too dangerous to enter .. or some crap like that. So, we end the adventure (have to love the adventure failure notice).

We think our luck is probably a little on the bad side and end our adventure to try again. So ... adventure requested and the same message.

I am chatting with a friend in EverFrost and thier group can not enter.

I am pretty miffed at this point and log my cleric. I keep thinking the GM's know about the issue and it is being worked on. I get a group all buffed, ready and accept the adventure willingly. Guess what ? same friggin message ! From what I understand this also happend last night.

The /ooc's start up and you see people saying "It's Full !". What do you mean full ?????? How can something totally unique to any group be full? It should be able to hold 48x6 users in the engine total ..... is this really possible ?

A GM contacts me after a while and asks for /bug reports. So my group once again heads out to Guk to do an adventure only to be faced with the same issue. We find 2 groups sitting there as well. So, I have wasted nearly a stack of dots for what ? Please tell me this isn't going to be the norm every night !

So, my first rant .............
Anyone know the real capacity for the dungeons and is it possible that they are really "full" ?
Etumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 10:03 PM   #2
Lemec

are you referring to the message along the lines of "a magical barrier (or something) prevents you from entering"?

if so, a GM told my group a few days ago that it is a known bug, we tried twice to get into one area and couldnt (aborted and had someone else get an adventure) same problem, then went to another dungeon via the magus and were fine.
Lemec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 10:07 PM   #3
Talloak

Nope. He means 'too dangerous to enter'. I got the same message twice today, after waiting so long to get a group. It means lazy SoE once again released a faulty product. Full? If bazaar can hold nearly 600 people, then LDoN should be able to hold that many combined between all the dungeons EASY.

Frankly, I'm gettin kinda tired of not finding any decent XP.

LDoN is great xp... then crap like this happens.

Oh well.... another wasted day, another dollar for Sony.

skoal
Old 09-24-2003, 03:16 AM   #4
Davek
Squawk Box

From my understanding of what is happening is that there can only be a certain number of instances for the dungeons. If they've reached that max at that time then they can't create any more. Thus what people are talking about being "full".

Man that just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Originally Posted by Karthanon View Post
I know, you're in Ottawa, Davek. Still, I can't help but /poke you.
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 04:28 AM   #5
Davek
Squawk Box

Found this thread on the Technical Help section of the main EQ boards:

http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/e...ML/046602.html

Man that just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Originally Posted by Karthanon View Post
I know, you're in Ottawa, Davek. Still, I can't help but /poke you.
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 07:35 AM   #6
Cameiel

This expansion is sucking worse than most.
Cameiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 08:56 AM   #7
Ruksha

Since this expansion came out ive had more fun than probably any other time in EQ, except for maybe some experiences with my warrior. But its very frustrating to get those stupid little messages. But when you think about it, you can only have 4 groups in a 'camp'(or whatever you wanna call it) at a time(such as MM, tak, or guk). Because each one really only has 4 zones 'attached' to it. One for mass kill, one for rescue, one for assisination and one for collection. And actually I think its 8 zones if you count Raids, but havent been on one so i cant confirm if theyre different or not. But the numbers arent important because I'm about to make my point with this post.

They did a great job with generating mobs by average level of the group, and i love the new spell effects on the traps. But what they NEED to add is something on the adventure window thing that shows how many people are in line for a particular or random adventure and estimated time left till youre up. And with that it should have something that alerts the group leader as to when youre up. Will that add something like that? Probably not, but it would be really nice if you could go up and see what the wait for an adventure is instead of buffing up/running to and getting a stupid message. It's a buncha wasted time.

The expansion is good, but it still needs work. I hope it's fixed soon too, because I only have about 2-2.5 hours every night after work to exp, and if i can get an adventure thats ~2 yellows in that time(love LDoN exp) compared to maybe 1.75 in a normal or even 1 soloing.

If anybody knows where I can post my idea for a line/list thingy for the adventure window, let me know. I'd love to see what Sony has to say about something like that, if they havent already thought of it.
Ruksha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 09:39 AM   #8
korinn

I think Ldon was supposed to have dynamic content. So you can do more than just 1 of each type of adventure at a time. If this is not the case and what we are expierencing right now is just an after effect of having too many people adventuring at the same time than I want my money back for LDoN. I bought this expantion so that I wouldn't have to wait for groups or camps to open not so I could just add another camp wait peroid to my list.
Old 09-24-2003, 10:15 AM   #9
Ruksha

LDoN is dynamic, to an extent. Dynamic in the sense that you can chose your adventure and that the mob levels are based on the average level if your group and that you can chose your own reward by the points system. But not so dynamic that it has the ability to create multi zones for as many groups as we're tryin to get in. If you look at the zone files that downloaded with LDoN you will see that theres 6-8 per each thing. I'm guessing the other 2-4 are for Raids since I've only seen/heard of 4 different types of adventures. And with only that many actual zone files and since zones are loaded from computer and not server, it cannont generate random zones for any number of groups to go in. The only thing they can really do is add a que list for us to see estimated time/how many people are in line because of the fact that there are so few actual zones. I still think LDoN is good, but it needs work.
Old 09-24-2003, 10:47 AM   #10
Pyewacket

You'd have thought they would have come up with a better way of letting you know that there are no Adventures currently available (oh like the guy saying - sorry no adventures are available at this time). But that would have required work unlike slapping the same old rooms into slightly different level designs

Lets see average number of people on a server? 2kish-not sure if this number is even close to being accurate - last numbers I remember seing before they nerfed that feature (not including bazzaar peps)?

How many people can LDoN support? 288

So you're looking at what, only 1/8th of the population being in LDoN at one time.

So while old zones could handle this amount in a zone at one time (ok with some difficulty) :P All of LDoN can only handle that many at one point in time.

Yeah its 'the biggest' expansion but when you limit zones to 6 people at a time then you are going to have major waits as they become popular.

Also, all the talk about 'instancing' has thrown people off - it sounded like you could create your own 'instance' of a dungeon (therefore many instances could be run at once - making for unlimited adventuring) - What SoE is doing isn't what I think of as instancing - while it is an individualization of that dungeon you can't have other individualized 'instances' running with it at the same time.
Pyewacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 04:00 PM   #11
Aganerral

It's not one type of mission/zone. I've done the same mission type at the same camp and gotten different zones.
Aganerral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 05:41 PM   #12
Vespay

I would like to point out the fact that when you receive the message "it's too dangerous to enter" you are actually waiting for the zone to repop, and it should be fixed shortly. So don't just end your adventure quite yet.
Old 09-24-2003, 10:02 PM   #13
Etumaru

Well, we grouped up and tried again tonight. Still didn't get to do a single adventure after travelling to all 5 zones.
We decided to do a "full" test and see how people are getting in.
We took guild lists and did a /who all on them to see how many people would show up on adventures. We found that not a single guild list we brought up had a character in any LDoN dungeon ... so explain to me how all these are full ?
We sat at 2 of them with 3 others groups who also had not been able to do any.

I would love to hear of anyone that actually did an adventure tonight without being an ass and saying "we did it, everyone should have" crap. We waited until we had 7 minutes left on our adventure timer and still could not get in ... hope no one forgot to leave the adventure and take the failure =/.
Off to bed after a night of exp in BoT ... again.
Old 09-24-2003, 11:17 PM   #14
Ruksha

Got a MM adventure to work on the first try at around 11pm mst. Now if anyone else did after that time, I'm not sure. My group kept hearing 'oh its broke' or 'ldon is down' we said screw it and tried anyways and got in.
Old 09-25-2003, 01:16 AM   #15
Tchandor

My group got in first try also at approximately 12:15 am PST in Mistmoore.
I personally haven't run into this problem yet though some of my friends and guildies have. I tend to play rather late most of the time though.
Officer of Avalon Imperial Guard
Tchandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 04:43 AM   #16
Faeani

"brief update on LDoN at 5am today just an FYI, don't know if they ACTUALLY fixed anything but there was an update! hehe

Faeani

Level 58 Shadowknight.
Ruled by HATE, guided by FEAR
Faeani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 05:23 AM   #17
Frekkels

Hail,
I would love to hear of anyone that actually did an adventure tonight...
I did 3 on Wednesday. Rujarkian Collection, Rujarkian Assassinate back to back.
That was mid-afternoon.
Later with a different group we had a Takish 56 slaughter mission that was "too dangerous to enter, blah blah blah". We left that adventure (w/o entering obviously) just a few minutes later, and started a different Takish assassinate mission with no problems. (Won all three. ) We finished the last mission around 8:15 EST, solidly in prime time playing hours.

Remember, if you do run into this problem, everyone doesn't have to run back to the Wayfarer Camp, ONLY the group leader needs too in order to pick a new mission. Often the new mission chosen will have the exact same starting point (or be very close), so if a caster was the group leader and bound outside the entrance before running back, the travel time is minimized (Druid/Wizard who can port can save even more time depending on the originating Wayfarer camp).

I have also personally found the slaughter missions to be MORE prone to giving this message than any other type; likely because marginal, non-traditional, and pick-up groups choose them. It stands to reason more of these dungeon instances are in use at any given time & be more likely to give the "it is too dangerous to enter" message.

Getting barred from entrance to a dungeon happens, and while it isn't fun, it also doesn't have to significantly delay beginning your Adventure if you plan ahead. I've had this happen around a half dozen times at least.

I'd personally be very interested in hearing from someone who was barred from entry, waited a few minutes, and then was successfully able to enter their original adventure.

Take care,
Old 09-25-2003, 05:40 AM   #18
LLKaj

Word has it that the too dangerous situation is a bug, and not a real hardware limit. It may stick around for a while, but it should go away in a patch (or two), if not sooner.
LLKaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 05:42 AM   #19
LLKaj

Oops. I also meant to add that I was in an adventure (with the group leader at the camp getting new adventures) that I couldn't enter, then 30 seconds later I and the rest of the group could enter. My best guess is that we just had lucky timing and a new dynamic zone was just then available.
LLKaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 12:06 PM   #20
Etumaru

Tried again and no go.
I am making this my last post to this stupid idea !! lol
I did find this amusing though on the EQ home site when trying to push LDoN:

"In this expansion, players are introduced to several exciting new concepts in adventuring through the world of EverQuest. After joining the Wayfarers Brotherhood, you and your group undertake perilous new adventures into the recently unearthed Lost Dungeons of Norrath. These new adventures offer many benefits, including a clearly defined goal, the ability to play and make progress in a couple hours per adventure, and the confidence that you can set a time to meet your friends and have a dungeon fully available for you right away - no competition and no waiting!"

Yeah right ! Tell me another one ......