Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Rants and Flames

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2003, 10:30 PM   #1
Zasratiz

Default So there I was....

So, there I was in Rathe Mountains being a bit bored with no groups available. I am grouped with a 65 Shadow Knight killing every giant in sight. Game plan goes as follows : I pull all the giants to the Shadow Knight and FD agro off so he can kill as I go get more for the slaughter. Pretty good plan as it was working great. SK and I have a pile of Giant corpses forming up that it is looking like some of the graveyards in the planes after a wipe on a raid.
Well, we continue to do our cycle until a 56 Necromancer decides to come up on the hill by the tower where the SK was perma parked for the killing, with I assume low life. (How a 56 Necro gets low life there I don't know yet) Well, I pull the next round of about 4 giants and do the routine FD off on the SK and shortly there after I get a /tell saying " I just reported you for training." Me???? I sit there pondering who the fuck this tool could be...So, I do a /who Macab or something to that effect and see no one in zone matches that name?? Go on to do /Who all Macab and find the 56 Necromancer is telling me this. I proceed to ask, Who did I train? My 65 SK friend parked at the tower? How can this be training when we are grouped doing this for fast plat and fun while we are in Germany and the time zone left only 4 people in the zone. I tell my SK that I was reported and he did a check of his logs to see if one of our mobs jumped ship to kill the Necro...He tells me that no giant of ours was hitting him, but he did see a Macab has been slain by a Giant Skeleton. We both found alot of time to laugh at a 56 necro getting owned by a Skelly...
Yesterday I finally get the /tell from a GM asking me about the incident and I guess that it was just blown off..But he was questioning me about training and if I knew that it was against the EULA and was a bannable offense. I said yes, but how can it be considered training if the person is in my group and that was our plan of attack? He basically said oh and let it drop after i explained that the SK and I were doing this and are actually RL friends and know what we were doing to get things done fast and effieciently.

Just a little bit of my humor put in the R&F section as I didn't think that it fit anywhere else.

Zasratiz
53 Monk
Zasratiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 10:46 PM   #2
Frekkels

Hail,

Almost 3am and MEGO looking at that.
Someone bored on graves want to clean that up & repost?

Take care,
Old 09-19-2003, 11:41 PM   #3
Siilverain
The Wind Caller

Send a message via AIM to Siilverain Send a message via Yahoo to Siilverain
So, there I was in Rathe Mountains being a bit bored with no groups available. I am grouped with a 65 Shadow Knight killing every giant in sight. Game plan goes as follows : I pull all the giants to the Shadow Knight and FD agro off so he can kill as I go get more for the slaughter.

Pretty good plan as it was working great. SK and I have a pile of Giant corpses forming up that it is looking like some of the graveyards in the planes after a wipe on a raid.

Well, we continue to do our cycle until a 56 Necromancer decides to come up on the hill by the tower where the SK was perma parked for the killing, with I assume low life. (How a 56 Necro gets low life there I don't know yet) Well, I pull the next round of about 4 giants and do the routine FD off on the SK and shortly there after I get a /tell saying

" I just reported you for training."

Me???? I sit there pondering who the fuck this tool could be...So, I do a /who Macab or something to that effect and see no one in zone matches that name?? Go on to do /Who all Macab and find the 56 Necromancer is telling me this. I proceed to ask,

“Who did I train? My 65 SK friend parked at the tower? How can this be training when we are grouped doing this for fast plat and fun while we are in Germany and the time zone left only 4 people in the zone.”

I tell my SK that I was reported and he did a check of his logs to see if one of our mobs jumped ship to kill the Necro...He tells me that no giant of ours was hitting him, but he did see a Macab has been slain by a Giant Skeleton. We both found alot of time to laugh at a 56 necro getting owned by a Skelly...

Yesterday I finally get the /tell from a GM asking me about the incident and I guess that it was just blown off..But he was questioning me about training and if I knew that it was against the EULA and was a bannable offense. I said

“yes, but how can it be considered training if the person is in my group and that was our plan of attack?”

He basically said oh and let it drop after i explained that the SK and I were doing this and are actually RL friends and know what we were doing to get things done fast and efficiently.

Just a little bit of my humor put in the R&F section as I didn't think that it fit anywhere else.

Zasratiz
53 Monk
Old 09-19-2003, 11:43 PM   #4
Lurkerr
Mr. Helpful

I read it thru.. was readable.

As far as the story, or the 'point' of the post... it really sucks. If you're going to post something in the R&F, make it something worth posting. This was one of the dumbest threads I've ever opened.

Shame on you.
Lurkerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 02:15 AM   #5
Ulujain

Frekkels, what's a MEGO?

And, yes, it was readable.
Old 09-20-2003, 02:27 AM   #6
Evyla

MEGO
I'm guessing "My Eyes Geek Out" or something close.
Evyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 08:53 AM   #7
Xerion

OMFG, a giant skele in RM killed a 56 necro! LOL thanks for the laugh!
Xerion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 09:04 AM   #8
Frekkels

Hail,

MEGO=My eyes glazed over.

As in, the lack of paragraph spacking made the effort required to read the original post in the wee hours of the morning more effort than I wanted to expend. I'm sure it only took Siilver a minute to add 10 carriage returns. /hugs Siilverain. I agree the language itself (reading it after some sleep) was comprehensible, but the formatting was less than wonderful which is why I asked for a clean-up.

In regards to the story itself, the petitioning necromancer seems clueless. How much cash does a duo make in Rathe Mountains these days? I would think a 65 SK would have better cash farming opportunities, but if the zone is empty, why not slaughter if you want zero danger cash.

Take care,
Old 09-20-2003, 12:19 PM   #9
Araya LeBon
Bible=great toilet paper

Silly acronyms make MEGO.
Old 09-20-2003, 02:46 PM   #10
Irulan Dunedancer

*cries* Poor snow bunny.
46 Ranger (semi-retired)
"Don't say I'm out of touch/ With this rampant chaos - your reality/ I know well what lies beyond my sleeping refuge/ The nightmare I built my own world to escape"
Irulan Dunedancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 06:03 PM   #11
K1SSK1nG

OMG ID'm DROS ERDRUNK IRGTHTN OW< I RUDESTAND.

DARMU :eek:
K1SSK1nG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 10:32 PM   #12
Dwarkarn

/me tosses Darmu another 6 pack