Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Technical Related

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2004, 04:09 PM   #1
Amberlinn

Angry Pulling My Hair Out !!!

I have a problem and I was wondering if anyone here at Erollis Marr could help me out..EQ Support keeps giving me the run around.

First: I have two systems both just built with WindowsXP, NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, Vinyl AC'97 Audio (Wave), 512 MB DDR Ram, and a Shuttle PT800.

Both Systems have EQ downloaded as well as the newest drivers for graphic card and DirectX9.

One runs perfectly with no problems, the other keeps crashing to desktop with a Windows msg stating "Your EQ Client has crashed..etc.."

My question is does anyone know WTF is going on, we have diabled the sound card, and everything else they tell me to do which i think is besides the point since my other PC that is made EXACTLY the same has no problems.

Your opinions on this is greatly needed..i have about taken all i can take.

Erollisi's High Tempered Redhead

Amberlinn
Amberlinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 04:20 PM   #2
Linweilu

I was getting client crashes every time I tried zoning into Natimbi. I deleted my eqclient.ini file and haven't had a problem since. I spent 4 days messing around with sony tech support. A friend finally told me this solution and everthing is once again hunky dorry in EQ land. (Well as good as it ever was at least.)
Linweilu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 04:24 PM   #3
Amberlinn

Thanks but where is the EQClient.ini file All is see is just EQClient, and wont EQ repatch that each time you log through the patching process?
Old 02-28-2004, 04:28 PM   #4
Suseanne

I have a similar machine and had (and am still having) similar problems. EQ crashing the machine etc. It works most of the time, except when it doesn't.

You can try 2 things. Check in your event viewer to see what system errors you are getting. The machine might be overheating. The shuttles are small boxes (if I'm not mistaken) and air circulation might not be good enough to cool the CPU. Mine runs without the top with a house fan pointed at it.

OR try changing the graphics card.

good luck
Suseanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 04:33 PM   #5
Amberlinn

Thanks but if that was the situation wouldn't my other system be doing the same thing since it is exactly the same? Right now I am repairing the EQ files by reloading the discs...It seems to be patching (20 minutes worth)..I hope something just was overlooked in the initial downloading state.
Old 02-28-2004, 04:45 PM   #6
Suseanne

Not really. The performance of 2 machines can never be 100% the same. Look at your event viewer, it might give you some clues.
Suseanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 12:00 AM   #7
Dakat

just do a find files/folders eqclient.ini and delete it from your system. EQ when it goes thru its patching process will see that the file is missing and will download a new one.

or

You can also open Windows Explorer and go to the directory where Everquest was installed, usually C:/Program_Files/Everquest/*.*

Look for the file that way. First way is probably easiest.
Dakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 04:58 AM   #8
Irulan Dunedancer

Hmm, suppose that'd help with my computer? Took a break around early January,, and when I came back, for some reason I couldn't see more than like 4 people on-screen at once without suffering massive packet loss. Only major things that have changed since I took my break were getting GoD and updating my drivers and DirectX.
46 Ranger (semi-retired)
"Don't say I'm out of touch/ With this rampant chaos - your reality/ I know well what lies beyond my sleeping refuge/ The nightmare I built my own world to escape"
Irulan Dunedancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 06:53 AM   #9
Amberlinn

Dakat,

I did a search for eqclient.ini and no such file exists...i do have an eqclient file but it is not listed as eqclient.ini..we did a repair installation to see if it was missed and still nothing.
Old 02-29-2004, 08:39 AM   #10
Linweilu

On my pc the eqclient.ini file is located in C:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest. Do a search looking for EQ*.ini and you should find it easily. The * is used as a wildcard character to avoid mispellings while searching. Don't forget to set MyComputer or C:\ (depending on your OS) as your search directory so it searches your entire computer for the file.

If you still cannot find this file go to options on your EQ log on screen and set all options to the default settings. This has helped some of my friends, but deleting the eqclient.ini has been the best solution so far. Also if you are useing a custom UI it may be giving you problems. Try returning the UI to the default setting.

Last edited by Linweilu; 02-29-2004 at 08:53 AM.
Old 02-29-2004, 08:44 AM   #11
Amberlinn

i have searched and looked in the files there is no file by the name of eqclient.ini found only a file named eqclient My other system doesnt have it either yet is doesnt suffer the crashing issues
Old 02-29-2004, 08:57 AM   #12
Linweilu

Ok you may not be seeing the file extensions. Try double clicking on the file if it brings up some text that looks like this.

[Defaults]
Sound=TRUE
FEWindowedModeXOffset=80
FEWindowedModeYOffset=60
WindowedMode=FALSE
ReadOnce=TRUE
VisitedLuclinOptions=TRUE
UseLuclinHumanMale=FALSE
UseLuclinHumanFemale=FALSE
UseLuclinBarbarianMale=FALSE
UseLuclinBarbarianFemale=FALSE

Then it is the correct file and this is the one to delete.
Old 02-29-2004, 09:47 AM   #13
Misty
Do Not Disturb

Yeh what that one said... Have no tag on my EQclient either if you right click it and read properties it might show you the file tag then. It's really likely that it is the .ini file you are looking for. Hope the solution fixes everything.
Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 02:12 PM   #14
Lamewl

Send a message via ICQ to Lamewl Send a message via Yahoo to Lamewl
You can turn file extensions on with folder options in windows explorer (be sure to "set all folders like this one" so it will apply universally).

I really hate the user-friendly default options, and changing them is one of the first things I do after a windows installation.
Old 02-29-2004, 02:16 PM   #15
Amberlinn

Well, deleting the files..etc..did not work after 3 hours in game..crashes again, then its everytime you zone after the initial one..had thiingy checked and it is not overheating..I guess i must have hardware issues with the video card or RAM, its just blowing my mind atm /CRIES
Old 02-29-2004, 02:42 PM   #16
Misty
Do Not Disturb

You can adjust system performance priority to improve memory usage of System Cache rather than best performance of programs. As long as you have processor scheduling set for best performance of programs above it.

To find out: Control Panel -> System -> System Properties -> Advanced tab - Performance <Settings button> -> Performance Options - click 'Advanced' tab (to navigate to screen).

That adjustment shall make the desktop more stable and give you a chance to mull over the Page File size as well.

Last edited by Misty; 02-29-2004 at 02:49 PM.
Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 03:03 PM   #17
Théodwyn

I had this problem last week. I had a DDR DIMM go bad. Replaced it and it's fine.
Théodwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 05:24 PM   #18
Amberlinn

well, maybe this will help if i list m thingies for the system i dont know maybe someone can tell me something.

Windows XP
Shuttle PT800 Intel Pentium 4 2.8Ghz Processor
512 Megs DDR RAM
128 Meg GeForce FX5200
Vinyl AC97 Audio (wave)
80 Gig SATA Hard Drive
48X24X48 CDRW

Actually this system was built 2 weeks ago and constant problems. Stability was the first problem kept getting the "Blue Screen of Death", thought that was over and i got hit with it again (on my pc) the other is the one with the crashing issues. (Both are made with same specs.)

Tomorrow, though I'm taking them back and if the guy that built them does not get them running properly I'm getting my dang money back!
Old 02-29-2004, 06:10 PM   #19
Amberlinn

Maybe i found something...

My hubby /rolls her eyes..Just told me that when he first installed EQ onto HIS system he first installed the origional Everquest, then he installed the EQTrilogy, when I looked closely at his files he had two different EQ file folders..One for "Everquest" and a second for "EQTrilogy"

Do you think these two different listings for EQ are conflicting with each other causing the client to crash? The was only one folder in MyComp, Programs, Sony,EQTrilogy...but under program files, accesories the was 2 seperate listings...

also what about those .m3Dfiles?
Old 02-29-2004, 11:11 PM   #20
Dakat

I would perhaps think so.

Do a file search for the name = eqclient =

In the window it will give you a list of files with that exact name. Delete all of them and rerun your patcher. The program will replace the one that it needs to run the game properly. Hopefully that will help.
Dakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 05:36 AM   #21
Muertissimo

Send a message via AIM to Muertissimo
Personally I think Theo hit it on the head. Since they're identical computers, I'd try switching the memory out between the two. If the other computer has crashing issues then, you know it's a bad memory stick.
Greylords EQ2 too!
Retired member of
Midnight Fury (r.i.p.)

"And I looked, and behold a pale horse. And his name that sat upon him was Death, and Hell followed with him."--Revelation 6:8
"Your greatest creation, is the life you lead."
Muertissimo is offline   Reply With Quote