Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2005, 03:06 PM   #51
Inmountains

I know that the pledge and the money motto were not there in the beginning, they did come along later.

One of my points is that it is not wrong for Government to acknowledge the existance of a God, it is only wrong for them to "legislate faith". Even Christ never spoke against the ruling Roman Empire, he spoke more against the religious leaders for the heavy burden they were putting on the lay folks.
Old 02-16-2005, 04:06 AM   #52
Heretic

Originally Posted by Inmountains
One of my points is that it is not wrong for Government to acknowledge the existance of a God, it is only wrong for them to "legislate faith"
How is acknowledging a God not being biased? Some religions might have multiple gods or no god at all.

Abortion IS MURDER
Depends on when you think a lump of cells becomes a human being. To be honest, I don't know where I stand on this anymore. Every website I go to has a different timeline for fetal development. It seems everyone is letting their politcal views skewer the facts. I want to see a definitive study.

Marriage as defined by culture, law, generally accepted ethics, religion, tradition
The same can be said of slavery back in the day. Doesn't make it right.

"Under God" in the pledge of allegiance. I didn't write it, so how do I have any say?
The one who wrote it didn't have 'under God' in it. So how can anyone else have any say.

The Ten Commandments on government buildings. I didn't put them there, I never voted on it. What is there, is there!
You didn't start abortions, you never voted on it. Whats there is there!

Again, if the founders and subsequent rulers of this nation accepted it, who am I to change it?
Thats some really scary thinking there. Think for yourself and don't always follow the leaders. Do what you think is right instead of what is acceptable or tradition.
"i always refer to myself as a "missionary agnostic." that is, not only do i not know shit about shit, but i'm going to try and convince you that you don't know shit about shit either and there's no way for you to know shit about shit."

Heretic
Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 05:08 AM   #53
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

Originally Posted by Heretic
How is acknowledging a God not being biased?
Acknowledgement != favor. I acknowledge there is an Al Qaeda, but that doesn't mean I support them in any way.
Depends on when you think a lump of cells becomes a human being.
As if it would become something else...
The same can be said of slavery back in the day. Doesn't make it right.
You're comparing marriage to slavery and you actually included yourself on the "intelligent list?" Bravo, that takes a special kind of ignorance.
The one who wrote it didn't have 'under God' in it. So how can anyone else have any say.
Easy. It's changed, isn't it?
You didn't start abortions, you never voted on it. Whats there is there!
You ate paint chips as a kid, didn't you?
Think for yourself and don't always follow the leaders.
Yes, the world needs more anarchists.
Do what you think is right instead of what is acceptable or tradition.
So, I take it you'll stop bashing Bush for holding terror suspects without charges? He's only doing what he thinks is right...

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 05:30 AM   #54
Heretic

Originally Posted by Wildane
I acknowledge there is an Al Qaeda, but that doesn't mean I support them in any way.
Again, this is tossing it in the face of anyone who doesn't believe in a single God. On a separate note, kinda hard to take a government seriously on what they acknowledge if they acknowledge an invisible man in the sky.

As if it would become something else...
I didn't say if, I said WHEN.

You're comparing marriage to slavery and you actually included yourself on the "intelligent list?" Bravo, that takes a special kind of ignorance.
I'm sorry you lack the ability to see it. Slavery was defined by culture, law, generally accepted ethics, religion , and tradition. The same as marriage.

Easy. It's changed, isn't it?
Inmountains was implying that it was originally written that way so it shouldn't be changed. I pointed out it wasn't originally written that way and was changed to current form.

You ate paint chips as a kid, didn't you?
Started to explain myself again, but whats the use. It would probably go over your head again. I swear we need to rename the syndrone Zolchukdane.

Yes, the world needs more anarchists.
Be a good sheep.

So, I take it you'll stop bashing Bush for holding terror suspects without charges? He's only doing what he thinks is right...
Its not what a lot of other people think is right, including the founding fathers.
"i always refer to myself as a "missionary agnostic." that is, not only do i not know shit about shit, but i'm going to try and convince you that you don't know shit about shit either and there's no way for you to know shit about shit."

Heretic
Old 02-16-2005, 05:45 AM   #55
Brigiid

Send a message via AIM to Brigiid
Gotta love how the new benchmark for posting here is how similar your antics are to Zolmaz. Who gets to be Zolmaz TODAY?! Stay tuned!
Old 02-16-2005, 05:52 AM   #56
Wildane

Again, this is tossing it in the face of anyone who doesn't believe in a single God.
Then "anyone who doesn't believe in a single God" needs to grow thicker skin if this is all it takes to get them wound up.
I didn't say if, I said WHEN.
I know exactly what you said.
I'm sorry you lack the ability to see it
There is nothing to see. Marriage = apples, slavery = oranges. I can't dumb it down any further, you're just going to have to come up.
Slavery was defined by culture, law, generally accepted ethics, religion , and tradition. The same as marriage.
I have hair on my balls, you do not. By your rationale, that means we aren't even the same species.
Started to explain myself again, but whats the use. It would probably go over your head again.
The only time you'll be able to go over my head is when I'm 6 feet underground.
I swear we need to rename the syndrone Zolchukdane.
OMG! I'm having a syndrone named after me!!!

What's a syndrone?
Be a good sheep.
Why? You feeling randy?
Its not what a lot of other people think is right, including the founding fathers.
Well, they aren't in charge, now are they?

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Old 02-16-2005, 05:54 AM   #57
Wildane

Originally Posted by Brigiid
Gotta love how the new benchmark for posting here is how similar your antics are to Zolmaz. Who gets to be Zolmaz TODAY?! Stay tuned!
What's REALLY funny is when those that are throwing around said benchmark weren't even here when Zolmaz was posting. Can't blame kiddies for using buzz words, I guess.

Old 02-16-2005, 05:59 AM   #58
Brigiid

LOL, the sad thing is that their side already has its own Bumbleroot...er, I mean, Zolmaz. I guess tossing the name Zolmaz out there is supposed to incite such anger from us that we'll reconsider debating with them, lest we become like him.
Old 02-16-2005, 06:01 AM   #59
Wildane

I guess now it's "bumbletic"

Old 02-16-2005, 07:51 AM   #60
Heretic

What's REALLY funny is when those that are throwing around said benchmark weren't even here when Zolmaz was posting.
I've been around longer than I've been posting. Just didn't want to go through the trouble of keeping up with the posts. I would just read through them once a week or so. Finally decided to start posting because I can't believe how ignorant some of the posters here are. Too bad Zolmaz and Novarick aren't still around.

LOL, the sad thing is that their side already has its own Bumbleroot
No current poster is truely near the same level as Zolmaz from either side of the political spectrum except Chuk. Wildane's last few replies in this post were bad, but it will take a few more before he is in real contention for the title. Wildane has been known to make thoughtful posts, if uncommonly, in the past.

Shardmoon doesn't really fit in anywhere because he rarely addresses the topic and just insults the posters.

Heretic
Old 02-16-2005, 08:29 AM   #61
Brigiid

Guess it all depends on your perspective. I consider Bumbleroot to be far more condescending and hateful than Chuk, Wildane, or Shardmoon. Lurikeen and Hormadrune are up there, but not quite as far as Bumble. All of 'em get down and dirty with the insults, as did Zolmaz. I don't consider any of them to be the antichrist, however.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:42 AM   #62
Heretic

The thing I remember about Zolmaz's posting isn't about the insults. Its about the sheer lunacy of the posting and inability to comprehend the arguments. On the left side of the spectrum I don't really see Bumbleroot as the most insulting. I think that would go to Hormadrune, but he is also one of the most thoughtful posters on that side so it kinda evens out.

Heretic
Old 02-16-2005, 09:30 AM   #63
Lurikeen
Freaky

I don't consider any of them to be the antichrist, however.
MUWAHAHAHAHAHAH!