Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2004, 11:56 AM   #26
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

I haven't seen any of it yet (how the fuck do you guys watch TV in the middle of the day?!? /envy on).

I do however believe that Zolmaz has finally contributed something of worth to these boards. "BUSH 2004, SUFFER!" would quite possibly be the most excellent (and apt) campaign slogan of all time
Old 04-08-2004, 11:57 AM   #27
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
Streaming audio and headphones are your friend!!!
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 12:06 PM   #28
Zolmaz Zo'Boto

Originally Posted by Hormadrune
I haven't seen any of it yet (how the fuck do you guys watch TV in the middle of the day?!? /envy on).

I do however believe that Zolmaz has finally contributed something of worth to these boards. "BUSH 2004, SUFFER!" would quite possibly be the most excellent (and apt) campaign slogan of all time
I listened to it on AM radio while I was driving. allthough I did miss many
portions of it. I'll have to read the transcript.

Your welcome Bumble. I know the libs, Dems and the Anti-Bush crowd
are suffering now, and will be after the election. No thanks to Kerry's mouth.

And Aresprophet, you should watch it on c-span if you have cable or whatever
it's on. It's history and were living it.

God Bless America
Zolmaz.
Zolmaz Zo'Boto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 12:23 PM   #29
bumbleroot

I was watching it over the hill on smoke signals. It became cloudy and windy and all of a sudden BIg Littlefeather started speaking Japanese or something. Every word made no sense.
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 12:29 PM   #30
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Oh- so you guys just listened in then. I guess you probably missed her holding her fingers crossed behind her back for the duration of her testimony
Old 04-08-2004, 12:40 PM   #31
AresProphet
Priest of Hiroshima

Send a message via MSN to AresProphet
And Aresprophet, you should watch it on c-span if you have cable or whatever
it's on. It's history and were living it.
See, I can't help but wonder if you would feel the same way if the tables were turned.

You would brush it under the rug as irrelevant, but suddenly you feel as though "your side" has scored some points and now it's history?

This never was an issue for me, except in the sense that I felt the administration owed (and still owes) us full disclosure on anything we, as voters, ask it for. We as voters deserve it. Otherwise we just choose our dictators and let them run things without us.

Anything less than continued criticism of the administration is betrayal of your duties as an American. This is true for all administrations, no matter who is at the helm. You deserve to know, even if it is mundane and boring; in fact, especially if it is mundane and boring.

In the era of the super-hype media we don't want anything unless it's shocking enough to make tabloids; we'd be more interested in a headline saying "RUMSFELD ADMITS TO CROSS-DRESSING" than an article about a few new clauses added to the Patriot Act stating that the government can order assassinations of anyone it pleases.

It's a problem throughout society, and it's present in more than just news. The number of videogames released lately that are designed for ADD victims is frightening, TV shows are geared toward a 10-minute attention span, and voters don't care about issues anymore. I'd like to dump the blame on a vague entity called "the media" but I'm not sure if it isn't an indicator of something wrong with how most Americans live.

This is the reason I don't watch the news. I pick up the newspaper every morning, and while nearly every editorial column in it is comfortably on my end of the spectrum, the actual news is refreshingly unbiased. I've also taken to reading the Ney York Times national edition along with The Plain Dealer, since I get that free too, but that's a bit much to digest sometimes.

But the media, every hungry to attract more ratings (thus more advertisers and more ca$h), will still find markets in the hyperactive American public which they can scare into paranoia to the point where they are glued to their TVs.
No-one cares enough

Attachment 181
AresProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 12:43 PM   #32
AresProphet
Priest of Hiroshima

Originally Posted by bumbleroot
I was watching it over the hill on smoke signals. It became cloudy and windy and all of a sudden BIg Littlefeather started speaking Japanese or something. Every word made no sense.
I have to admit, that tops my day, in a day that has been very fruitful as far as 'net humor goes.
No-one cares enough

Attachment 181
Old 04-08-2004, 03:00 PM   #33
Inmountains

Let me add to Zolmaz' slogan:

BUSH 2004, SUFFER YOU DEMS!!!!!!!

I think Condi Rice is THE smartest person on the cabinet and wish she were in Dick Cheney's place. I would love to see her run in 2008!!!
Inmountains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 04:16 PM   #34
Gerick

Dems got kicked in the nuts here, i think that the flip flop on letting her go out in the public was planned to make the republican side look more flexable(the democratic party choosing kerry alone was suicide ).

all around id say this is 5 points for the repub's
Gerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 07:11 PM   #35
Caelie123

Rice did a good job because she didn't let that screaming democrat get to her. She remained focused, poised and stayed on topic.

Would somebody please tell me why the democrat politicians feel the need to scream and yell and get in your face all the time? I have never seen Bush, Powell, Rice or any other Republican raise their voice. Is it supposed to be some form of liberal intimidation?

If you've never noticed, check it out for awhile. Dean would scream and pound his fist during his campaign. Veins would be popping out of his head and neck. Kerry feels the need to scream out at times. John Kerry acting like he was going after a murderer in a murder trial. I look at them and think "What a loonatic"
Old 04-08-2004, 08:54 PM   #36
Zolmaz Zo'Boto

Originally Posted by Caelie123
Rice did a good job because she didn't let that screaming democrat get to her. She remained focused, poised and stayed on topic.

Would somebody please tell me why the democrat politicians feel the need to scream and yell and get in your face all the time? I have never seen Bush, Powell, Rice or any other Republican raise their voice. Is it supposed to be some form of liberal intimidation?

If you've never noticed, check it out for awhile. Dean would scream and pound his fist during his campaign. Veins would be popping out of his head and neck. Kerry feels the need to scream out at times. John Kerry acting like he was going after a murderer in a murder trial. I look at them and think "What a loonatic"
I know, and I won't tell you. I've been in the houses of Democrats and it's
not a pretty sight. Yes, they are a miserable bunch.

God Bless America
God Bless our American Troops
Zolmaz.
Old 04-08-2004, 09:29 PM   #37
AresProphet
Priest of Hiroshima

Would somebody please tell me why the democrat politicians feel the need to scream and yell and get in your face all the time?
Evidently you lived in a cave during the rabid frothing at the mouth most Republicans went through when they were cockblocking Clinton for business that was none of theirs.
No-one cares enough

Attachment 181
Old 04-08-2004, 09:45 PM   #38
Zolmaz Zo'Boto

Originally Posted by AresProphet
Evidently you lived in a cave during the rabid frothing at the mouth most Republicans went through when they were cockblocking Clinton for business that was none of theirs.
So the Republicans C(#$#%&)blocked clinton for business that wasn't ours, hmm. Very interesting.
Would that be All Republicans? or just a couple million? It's such a broad statement,
I'm only asking for clarification.

You seem so certain in your post.

God Bless America
Zolmaz.
Old 04-08-2004, 09:55 PM   #39
AresProphet
Priest of Hiroshima

As many as Caelie refers to:
Would somebody please tell me why the democrat politicians feel the need to scream and yell and get in your face all the time?
Tell us, princess, do you mean all democrat politicians? Because Zolmaz wants to know.
No-one cares enough

Attachment 181
Old 04-08-2004, 10:12 PM   #40
Zolmaz Zo'Boto

Originally Posted by AresProphet
As many as Caelie refers to:

Tell us, princess, do you mean all democrat politicians? Because Zolmaz wants to know.
Because AresProphet dosen't know,
Because aresProphet does drugs,
Because aresProphet has to work 2-days a week picking up trash,
Because aresProphet dosen't know,
Because aresProphet etc, etc..

You have my blessing. Don't forget that your to busy to vote. KK?

Z..
Old 04-08-2004, 11:49 PM   #41
AresProphet
Priest of Hiroshima

We've missed your drunken ramblings, Zol.

Don't forget to zip up before you walk out the door this time, alright? Damn that was embarassing... cop thought this place was a gay bar, crazed drunks wandering out, wangs exposed for all to see...
No-one cares enough

Attachment 181
Old 04-09-2004, 05:43 AM   #42
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

So I read this thread and watched parts of this last night, expecting to witness all the pwnage you guys claimed and well....I don't think she won any points for the Bush camp at all. The only good thing that came out of that is she didn't totally crack under the pressure. She certainly didn't discredit the democrats any.

I was expecting fireworks and it was all very /shrug.
Old 04-09-2004, 05:43 AM   #43
Caelie123

I don't remember the Republicans screaming when trying to bring down Clinton. They still remained cool, calm and collect (at least while on camera).
Old 04-09-2004, 06:09 AM   #44
Gerick

ya, i remember seeing condy almost in tears the last time she was in the spot light, that is the only reason i think she did a hell of a job.
Gerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 08:27 AM   #45
Trith

She certainly didn't discredit the democrats any
She didn't have to. Kerry and Benviniste did that for her. They acted like pompous kindergarteners. Very bad form..and I think people will be repulsed by the grandstanding, and the loaded audience the Dems busted in. The first time they cheered the room should have been cleared and those idiots should have been carted off to jail. Very unprofessional move guys...and you wonder why the nation tends to frown on dems...
Old 04-09-2004, 08:40 AM   #46
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

By idiots you are referring to the families of the victims of 9/11?

Oh- and it's Kerrey. There is a difference.

What amazes me is that you had no problem investing the nation's time, concern, and money into investigating a blow-job, but you seem to take great offense at the investigation of this administrations actions and inactions surrounding the worst terrorist attack on our soil ever. Grandstanding? Give me a fucking break...
Old 04-09-2004, 09:04 AM   #47
Caelie123

We don't have a problem with the investigation at all Hormadrune. We welcome it. I'm happy as hell that what you democrats thought was going to come out of this isn't happening.

I'm just asking why Democrat politicians feel the need to scream like a child when trying to get their point across.
Old 04-09-2004, 09:20 AM   #48
Maximus Faticus

What amazes me is that you had no problem investing the nation's time, concern, and money into investigating a blow-job, but you seem to take great offense at the investigation of this administrations actions and inactions surrounding the worst terrorist attack on our soil ever.
It wasn't about a blow-job. It was about him lying.
Maximus Faticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 09:22 AM   #49
Trith

I have no problem with political investigation. This wasn't political investigation. It was Democrat masturbation and grandstanding to try and gain poll points. This served no purpose whatsoever in terms of national security or 9/11. It was in very bad taste, and the handfull of victim families who sat in the audience and cheered like shitheads are very likely nothing more than Democratic brainwashed stooges, and what they did cheapened and demeaned the loss of their loved ones by turning what was already a farce of a panel into a circus act. My sympathy for those families in the audience is now non existant, since they decided to abuse the memory of their dead loved ones to further their own narrow minded politcal ideals by turning an issue of national security into a pep-rally. They should have been given beers and big foam "We're number 1" hands...

Absolutely tastless...and I never expected anything else from you guys on the left..
Old 04-09-2004, 09:23 AM   #50
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

I admit to not seeing a full version of the questioning- only what the evening news provided. However, I saw no screaming. The most hostile exchange I saw was Rice being asked repeatedly to name an example of the administration "swatting a fly," which she repeatedly failed to do.

For the record, I am not so conspiratorial as to think the Bush administration was willfully negligent regarding 9/11. I do however think that it, and quite possibly the Clinton administration also, could have done more to prevent something like this from happening. I'm interested in learning where the failures were and how not to repeat them.

It is fun to watch the repugs wilt under the heat though