Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2002, 05:34 PM   #1
TheClericBanton

Default Ultima Fans, Look here... (Not UO)

Two Different revisions of Ultima 1 are in the making, take a look. Both Look Really Good!

www.unreality.de/english/indexx.htm

www.peroxide.dk/ultima/
Old 10-02-2002, 02:49 AM   #2
Ulujain Ebonelphette

Yep, I downloaded the Peroxide effort a little while ago. It did look quite good.
Old 10-02-2002, 08:02 AM   #3
Aulus Cornelius Celsus

Very cool. Does bring back fond memories of the first Ultima. Now, if someone could also revive the original Wizardry too... I remember the very cool, tongue-in-cheek black and white manual that came with the game - "Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord" or some such title. Heck, Temple of Apshai would be fun too.

/em remembers buying grid paper to do mapping...

Celsus

Old 10-02-2002, 08:19 AM   #4
Ghie

wizardry was great

I still remember popping Murphys Ghosts over and over pharming xps.

The xps trick by Identifying Item 9 with your bishop until you got billions of xps...

But most of all I remember fighting in the first 3 rooms, zoning out, zoning in and repeat until level 5 and can safely venture out into the rest of the top level.

Having characters Eradicated kinda sucked though.

Old 10-05-2002, 09:32 AM   #5
Ulujain Ebonelphette

/em remembers buying grid paper to do mapping...
LOL, me too. I mapped out the old Gold Box SSI game Secret of the Silver Blades for the C64. Used up a fair bit of the grid book I had; half-covered the damn lounge room floor with it.

Helluva lotta fun.
Old 10-05-2002, 07:10 PM   #6
Savaner Nitespawn

LOL i cant believe someone other than myself owned a C64 back in the day....that system owned hehe
Old 10-06-2002, 01:24 PM   #7
Aulus Cornelius Celsus

C64? Heh that's fairly recent...

I'd be interested to see if anyone here remembers the TRS-80 and casette tape drive... or even the first Apple.

Sigh, I wish I had kept a few copies of Creative Computing just for laughs.

Celsus

Old 10-06-2002, 02:34 PM   #8
Tillas

I had a TRS-80. My favorite games were Demolition Derby and Mega-Bugs. "We gotcha!"
Old 10-06-2002, 06:13 PM   #9
Ulujain Ebonelphette

Never owned a trash-80, but used one a fair bit. Same with the MC10 (Tandy/Radio Shack garbage) Played a few games on the Apple ][ as well. Owned a Vic20, then moved up to a C64, then up to an Amiga. The C64 had the best games of any of them. Wizball, Last Ninja, 720, Thing on a Spring were all super games...

/sigh

Old 10-06-2002, 09:19 PM   #10
Aulus Cornelius Celsus

Heh this thread is making me really nostalgic. Isn't it strange how games in those days just seemed so much more magical despite all their limitations?

Even making adjustments for my getting a lot older and more cynical, I find it harder to lose myself in modern productions.

Maybe it's because the oldies left a lot more to your imagination, potentially allowing for a richer personal experience.

Then again, it could be simply the packaging... Remember how Ultima had those individual spell books (with cool spell names) and that cloth map? Or the backstory that came with Zork. Or that white flying saucer that was the box for that other Infocom text adventure that I have forgotten the name for...

Or it could also have been the fun we used to be able to have with hex editors and character stats =)

Sigh. Another misspent youth.

Celsus

Old 10-06-2002, 09:39 PM   #11
TheClericBanton

mmm zork...
Old 10-06-2002, 10:27 PM   #12
Kemora Kementari

Anyone here remeber The Adventure Construction Kit?

I loved that game... man i spent soooooooo much time with it.