Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Rants and Flames

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2003, 02:54 PM   #76
bumbleroot

Howeveer one question are you basicaly stating that those are level 59 or under are ineffective in these zones or that , 60+ are really that much more effective then them?
Yes. Spells land more. The spells are better. The heals are better. The buffs are better. The mitigation table is different. The damage table is different. The skills are different. Those 59 and lower simply don't have the ability to land spells or have the damage output or mitigation to be effective. They basically in most cases are wallflowers that simply suck up exp from others while at the same time putting their groups at risk from being aggro magnets. It has nothing to do with equipment and it has nothing to do with skill. It has everything to do with levels. The old adage "Levels>all" is true.
As far as getting level 60, this will help you get more groups in these zones. Those who have fought a lot in them understand how levels matter.
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 06:13 PM   #77
Caterbie

Send a message via AIM to Caterbie Send a message via Yahoo to Caterbie
See now I find that wrong I dont know about under 58 but I started fighting at 58 in PoS and you know what i was just as effective there as I was in tier 1 planes. I would get a resist on slow maybe 1 outta 6 times normal resists without tash that is. My haste is just as good as anyone else and as chanters go 59 and 60 mezzes suck ass. Adds were no problem with me root add outta aggro range and memblur 2 times works fine. Just gotta know what you are doing with your spells and what you can and cant do if i didnt think i could handle it i would have never tired to do it.

"I don't own any Mezz spells, I'm a DD enchanter."

Outanking Rangers all across Norrath.
Caterbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 01:57 PM   #78
Hailee

Unfortunately flags & level requirements won't stop 'noob 0454' from buying a lvl 65 flagged character on playerauctions/ebay or passing to their 12 year old little brother. Nothing much will protect us from them *shivers*
Hailee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 01:00 PM   #79
Kerryn

Its a flaw in the games design that goes back 4 years. EQ was the first. Meridian and UO were off the mindset that if you could play the game you could play the game with whoever you wanted. All of a sudden games became about limiting players to who they could play with and what they could do.

It's probably a contributing factor as to why MMORPGs are still not mainstream. I loved EQ in my time in game but looking back it's clear its a double edged sword. What it gave us in terms of immersion it took away in scope and never really pushed the genre where it could have gone.

It's all about keeping Level A player away from Level B player until hes become Level B himself.

Of course whilst there are many places in EQ where level is key there are many players out there that are lacking talent so much they must insist other players have a high level to compensate and they're just as much to blame.

p.s. Heyas Angry!!!
Kerryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 01:32 PM   #80
Ulujain

Originally posted by Hailee
Unfortunately flags & level requirements won't stop 'noob 0454' from buying a lvl 65 flagged character on playerauctions/ebay or passing to their 12 year old little brother. Nothing much will protect us from them *shivers*
This one made me laugh. Yes, ebayed players and 12 year olds make me shiver and scare me to death as well. I don't think thre's a prophylactic for that one.
Old 06-27-2003, 01:50 PM   #81
makril
Supporter

Now i remember who faiith is...

She the cleric who kept healing the EXe at end of the trial,allowing our peeps to get killed.

We ended up winning after she left and i was two boxing mage and cleric.

i bet she is happy they don't have to flag anymore.

esleff
murkrus
disarn
belgadon
makril
makril is offline   Reply With Quote