Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Rants and Flames

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2003, 01:03 PM   #51
Ulujain

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Yikkini...

Originally posted by Deref
The word you missed is well. 15pp is not donating well. 15pp is donating, and if I am soliciting donations for KEI a 0 donation is acceptable if that is all the player can afford. If I don't get enough in donations to offset the use of my time in other pursuits, then I go off after other pursuits. Simple. No hassle. Same as it is with every other chanter whether it was pre-KEI on the North Wall in DL, the dock in Oasis or post-KEI in Nexus.
I didn't miss that word at all. It's donating; be grateful you get anything. What is well to you may not be well to others.
Old 06-10-2003, 01:09 PM   #52
Thronidor

Default buff requests

Do what I do Syldra. I simply ignore everyone's buff requests unless I personally know them. I refuse to hide behind /role or /anon because of people who think I owe them something because im a 65 shaman.

It's gotten horrible with the beggars who seem to think we owe them anything. I feel your pain there. Not only are they rude and obnoxious they will follow you and start shit if you respond in anyway.

I personally am looking forward to the patch that fixes the spells so that they wont land on the beggars. Cause if they think i'll mem HoS they got another thing coming. Not going to happen.
Old 06-10-2003, 01:10 PM   #53
darkforest

Hopefully you don't have to petition anything for a while because who knows you may have developed a grudge now.

Anastasius tells you, 'Greetings, Guide Anastasius here,how can i not help you today syldra?
You told Anastasius,I fell off a ladder from 2 feet off the ground and took 20k i reported it can i get a gm rez?
Anastasius tells you,if you think im going to run to gm rezz you you're fucking insane'
You told Anastasius,thanks alot can you escalate this matter?
Anastasius tells you,no problem, noob this matter is closed

like i said hopefully that won't happen but who knows /shrug
Old 06-10-2003, 01:16 PM   #54
Vaalik

Send a message via AIM to Vaalik
you were rude first, and used profanity, grow the fuck up you fucking retard

BoA costs 42pp each cast?

hrmm, thought dots were 12plat each?

you were the rude fuck, take me and my alts off yer buff list and res list too, I don't give a shit, that's fucking moronic to treat the guy like that when he was simply asking nicely for help.

people like you are the ones that step in front of moving cars expecting them to stop .... I look forward to the day I can polish my bumper with your shins then watch you get a ticket for jaywalking.
Old 06-10-2003, 01:21 PM   #55
Talloak

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yikkini tells you, 'Again, remind you I reported you, next step is to go to chat, and Get my Friend GM Uhyre to remove your account from active status'
You told Yikkini, 'oh and there's a bad word filter... use it'
Yikkini tells you, 'concider your account gone'
You told Yikkini, '*shrug* bring it'
Yikkini tells you, 'camping, will be right back with Uhyre'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL I'm glad i'm not the only one to notice this little tidbit... it's like saying 'I'm a guide so I'm gunna switch to that guide alt and come back to screw you'.

Also Syldra this is not limited to KEI, Rezzes, or BoA.

We druids also have to deal with this shit, though not to the extremes you clerics and enchanters out there do.

Ports(less now with PoP but we still get them alot), buffs, SoW, SoE, SLN, you name it. This greedy selfish little punks see a chanter, druid, or cleric with an epic and think 'Hey they have lots of mana and power, I'll ask for buffs so I can level fast with little effort and forego my skill building!'

Yay so the little KEI junkie wizard is level 20 and only has an evocation skill of 40, or the little BoA'd warrior is lvl 25 but has a 1-handed slash skill of 60. See the pattern?

Just because I'm in the nexus, sitting in a tunnel apparently doing nothing, does not mean I'm not busy. I have dealt with arguments, fights, guild business, raid planning and organization, you name it... sitting quietly in Nexus.

If I'm in tell hell the last thing I need is to juggle some ass who wants SoE when he's only 35th lvl (SoE, like what BoA and KEI are supposed to be, doesn't stick on anyone under 45). Some tells can be from people with weird and/or long names and it's a pain in the ass to type out those names each time when I should really just be typing 'r' for reply.

I don't wanna keep typing 'Nebuchadnezzar' for tells when little idiot 'Im a star wars/dragonball/LotR wannabe <insert various unoriginal name here>' keeps bugging me to make their lives too easy. And yes, some of these idiots send me tells when I'm deep in the Plane of Disease or Nightmares and they want me to truck all the way to distant south karana for a few buffs.

All that said, as aggravated as I get, it is nothing like the garbage enchanters and clerics have to deal with. To all of you of those classes, free ports if i'm not busy. You deserve good treatment and respect for all the crap you are forced to deal with daily.

And if someone is rude to us, by damn we are entitled to respond in kind. Be nice to us, and even if we turn you down, you'll be treated nice in turn. At least that's how it should be.

Salut
Old 06-10-2003, 01:22 PM   #56
Lixivia

i dont know if this has been mentioned, i glazed over the thread

but, did you do a /who all, to make sure those were really GM's?

i dont mean that to look like a stupid question either, so please dont take offense to it.
Old 06-10-2003, 01:24 PM   #57
Gloriana

BoA takes 4 peridots.
Gloriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 01:30 PM   #58
Lixivia

and i asked that because, ive never heard of a GM responding in less than 10 minutes.
Old 06-10-2003, 01:34 PM   #59
Azraelwrath

What that guy did was pretty much illegal. He was lying about his friend and he had a guide alt instead. You should have reported that gm too.
SOE Interviewer: You're hired.
Azraelwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 01:36 PM   #60
Kallysti

Vaalik, in order to cast aego on someone under the level restriction they must be put into your group and have BoA casts, which is for an entire group and takes 4 peridots to cast. (10pp 5gp X 4 = 42pp). Even if it's just you and one other person, the spell doesn't care.

I wish I could just tell the beggars to fuck off... I just put up /role to avoid hassle. I know I shouldn't have to, I'm not being sarcastic there, I really do wish I had the guts sometimes to discourage them

Sometimes there is no answer.
Kallysti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 01:38 PM   #61
Ulujain

Originally posted by Lixivia
and i asked that because, ive never heard of a GM responding in less than 10 minutes.
They replied in like 3 minutes the other night when a planned surname for the wife's twink wouldn't accept. Like everybody else, they have their priorities.

And yes, that is sarcasm.
Old 06-10-2003, 01:45 PM   #62
Lixivia

i wasnt complaining =P
Lixivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 01:47 PM   #63
Ulujain

I know; I was illustrating the point that GM's and their unpaid slaves only reply to important stuff.
Old 06-10-2003, 02:03 PM   #64
Taelen
Killer Smurf

Hell, Thron won't even buff us. =/

/flee
Taelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 02:04 PM   #65
Curmudgeon

I feel your pain Syldra.

I told some jerk to 'Fuck off' for FD training me once. He petitioned, I got warned.

What can ya do?
Curmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 02:09 PM   #66
ThanozdeTroll

Originally posted by Vaalik

<chuckle>
ThanozdeTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 02:37 PM   #67
Bobobobobobobn

A few words...

- That guy is a fucktard.

- I swear in game way too much(even to GMs and Guides) and they dont care at all

-I probably have at least 15 warnings on my account for making racial/sexual remarks, and changing my last name into profane things. However, nothing has happened

- I called a guide a "Fucking Idiot", because I was camping raster and the mofo wouldn't spawn, and he shrugged and said, "Sucks to be you."

-Whoever that guide was, was an idiot. They definitely play EQ, because no one would become a guide who didn't play it, and they have to know that shit happens.

-Uhyre is a GM, i remember seeing him in /who all gm

-Send me a tell if you need me to talk to that guy, I'll make him feel... well, like a fucktard

-As for the word Fucktard, It's my favorite word, and I won't stop using it.

-Next time, tell him they changed cleric rezzes to require a component and you don't have any on you. Problem solved =P.

Bobobn
65 Necromancer
Bobobobobobobn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 02:46 PM   #68
Bobobobobobobn

One more thing...
Rathe Mountain Trip Takes at least 20 minutes to a half hour to rez that guy and buff him, considering the little fucktard doesn't know where his corpse is.

20-30 minutes = 30-50 % AA EXP
20-30 Minutes = Tradeskills
20-30 Minutes = Talking to friends for that time
20-30 Minutes= Time it takes to get to a raid many zones away from a port or book

There are so many uses for 20-30 minutes. If you want a rez AND a BoA, at least donate a couple hundred, if not a few stacks of peridots. I mean 50pp give me a break, no cleric will do it for that, even if they are doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

And last of all, a wizard shouldn't need aego if they are soloing if they know what they are doing. Only in groups, if they have a crappy tank should they need it.

I think I've said enough, i hate these people.

Especially the ones that say, "Come summon my corpse in kael!, I'll give you the coffin and 10pp just for wasting a half hour of your time!"

I once got a tell asking if I would pay for the coffin, walk to Siren's Grotto, summon his corpse, rez him(EE), and then help him out till he gets back on his feet from the rez. I told him to go fuck himself, and come back with 2k and i might consider it. Your response is definitely fine. If they aren't noobs(like he wasn't), and they know the game with an alt of a higher level, then they know what each thing entails.

Should have responded with this right off the bat, "If you were a 65 cleric on the way to a guild raid, would you take a trip to rathe mountains for 8pp?"
Bobobobobobobn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 02:48 PM   #69
Otterkin

Default why dont you try being polite

I have read this thread just know and i have come to the conclusion that they are both wrong, but Syldra was wrong first by being rude to someone who was asking for help. Now if u have a problem with low levels asking for buffs or rezzes why dont u go play a different game if you are not going to be polite. A game that only you can play. This game would be a whole lot better if everyone was nice to each other. If u would have been that rude to me in RL i would have been extremely upset and violent right back. Now Yikkini did the right thing by reporting you when you used profanity to make a point. What he should have done is put you on ignore right afterwards and consider the matter closed, but he didnt and thats where he is wrong. So if it was up to me i would put warnings on both of your accounts and make you put each other on ignore. And if it happens again with each other you both should be banned. Now that is just me, but here is a little piece of advice. Try being nice and you might avoid all kinds of trouble in the future.

Otterkin <Avatars of the Emerald Throne>
52 Illusionist

PS please ignore any grammer errors and misspelled words, i was drunk in english class
Otterkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 02:54 PM   #70
Syldra Megiste`

Yeah I checked Lix, both were legitimate guides. I checked simply because I couldnt believe how fast they were on my ass after Yik camped... it truly baffled me.

And for the record...

BoA takes 4 peridots, peridots cost me 10.5pp each and 2000 mana (ok technically now 10.4.9.9pp each), that would be 42pp... now, 'I' can cast HoV for 2 peridots (21pp per cast and 2500 mana) but its still a far fetched request for a level 33 player to make from a player who isnt exactly offering his or her services of the sort.... is it not?

I know its a sort of thing that happens to all classes, be it resses, buffs, ports, summons, etc... I've played every class 'but' shaman as far as caster goes and its truly amazing how ignorant some people can be.

And you may think Im a fucking twit who wont lift a finger for anyone, so go ahead and think that... atleast you wont bother me in game for a while *shrug*
Old 06-10-2003, 03:05 PM   #71
Mendeus
Un-registered User

Send a message via AIM to Mendeus Send a message via Yahoo to Mendeus

you were the rude fuck, take me and my alts off yer buff list and res list too, I don't give a shit, that's fucking moronic to treat the guy like that when he was simply asking nicely for help.

people like you are the ones that step in front of moving cars expecting them to stop .... I look forward to the day I can polish my bumper with your shins then watch you get a ticket for jaywalking.
BoA takes 4 peridots to cast. And they cost 10.5pp at best price.

So, being rude calls for getting ones account banned?

Sounds logical.

And thats amazing how you can tell that people just randomly walk out in front of cars by what they write on a message board.

Anyway good luck with that whole hitting people with your car thing.
Mendeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 03:07 PM   #72
Grenoble

Send a message via AIM to Grenoble
The whole thing makes me wonder if that guide is like Tweety's inbred cousin.
Grenoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 03:15 PM   #73
Syldra Megiste`

Now if u have a problem with low levels asking for buffs or rezzes why dont u go play a different game if you are not going to be polite. A game that only you can play.
But I thrive on getting people's panties in a wad... its so much fun! (sarcasm)

You're level 52 according to your sig, forgive me if Im wrong, but I dont believe you can relate significantly enough to understand where I was coming from when I responded the way I did. Im not always like that, in fact Im rarely like that, but this person just rubbed me the wrong fucking way from the get-go.

This game would be a whole lot better if everyone was nice to each other.
It will never happen... never... ever... the game is a competition to many, many people are downright devious to get ahead of others... some people scam, cheat, and lie to get their way... I get pissy with some moron and you think "I" shouldnt play this game?

If u would have been that rude to me in RL i would have been extremely upset and violent right back.
No offense... but if you gave me a reason, IRL, to be rude to you, then you're probably an assfuck worthy of a decent ass whoopin and I'd probably have your ass layed out on the ground underneath my foot while I make you beg for mercy like a little bitch.

PS please ignore any grammer errors and misspelled words, i was drunk in english class
You're cool!
Old 06-10-2003, 03:18 PM   #74
Abrucx

To anyone who says she was rude, try playing a 65 cleric, unanon, and hang out in the nexus or pok. After all the tells you get, you'd be rude too.
Old 06-10-2003, 03:24 PM   #75
Aamrie

The pot calling the kettle black yes?

But if you are semi-retired..you shouldnt need alot of buffs anyways..

As for the simply asking nicely..that would be asking fora cleric that was within a zone or two of where he died...and then not act like he was god and all...

Jack Thompson: Yes, put down the controller and get a life. Video gaming is an escapist activity and youíre being exploited by these companies. Itís not healthy; I worry about someone who would play Grand Theft Auto for ten hours a day. Itís a masturbatory activity, and it would be better if people put down the controller and went outside.
Aamrie is offline   Reply With Quote