Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Rants and Flames

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2003, 08:44 AM   #26
Aishen L`Fey
Princess Kooky

Send a message via AIM to Aishen L`Fey
If it's true that he really pissed you off, Syldra, why didn't you just put him/her/it on ignore? It would have A) saved you the trouble of typing the rest of the conversation out, B) saved you the aggrivation of speaking to him, and C) kept you off VI's hot list.

Be as it may that he's an shit mongering jerk who griefed you (and, yes, I do agree he fucked you over), just slap the fucker on ignore next time. Just ignore the next batch of morons if you have such a low tolerance for fools.

If they're not worth your time, then don't give them the time of day. The last thing you should be doing is handing them ammunition to use against you. I know people don't like hearing the truth, but the truth of the matter was this: Yes, he screwed with you, but you drew first blood, and that was all the excuse he needed.

People in charge of any group- from GMs and guides to cops- don't have much patience to hear out someone's side of the story. They look for facts, punish those who deserve punishment based on facts, then move on. I had a friend who was arrested because she and her husband got into a physical fight, and they both admitted she struck the first blow. We all listened to her side of the story, we were very sympathetic to her, we understood he instigated the situation, but the fact of the matter was she slipped, escalated the situation, and struck first, so now she's the one with an arrest on her record. It ain't fair, but it's the way of the world, not only in EQ, but in RL, as well.
Old 06-10-2003, 08:46 AM   #27
darue_ivywood

Looks like you were *rude* , but who isnt from time to time. People have their own way about them... but really isnt any problem.

The thing that looks bad is the GM favortism that could very well be going on here (or alternative account/friend/family member). I mean really, how long does it take to get a GM online to *FIX* a legitamate problem. Everyone has had experiences with 6 hour petitions.

I would definitly inform CS of this. Most likely its a friend of a GM who is abusing powers from the way it looks.

Either way, this Yky character seems like the little bitch type that goes running to the principal because billy looked at him/her/it funny.

On my ignore, I dont like to associate with people I need to walk on eggshells with.

Can almost see " give me a SoW or I will report you " in not so many words...at least thats the attitude ykbitchy is displaying.

Yikkini tells you, 'Thanks for being so kind, and if you ever swear at me again I won't think twice of reporting you'
You told Yikkini, 'no problem, noob'
Yikkini tells you, 'concider your account gone'
darue_ivywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 09:12 AM   #28
Deref

Default Re: Yikkini...

Originally posted by Syldra Megiste`

[Sat Jun 07 04:00:25 2003] Yikkini says out of character, 'Donating well for KEI'
Oh, this one slipped by me initially. This is the type that thinks 15pp is donating well. I guess that also includes their graciously NOT reporting me for some manufactured event.

Yep, Yikkini is on permignore.
Coercer (Packed in mothballs... sorta)
Deref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 09:13 AM   #29
Syldra Megiste`

The only thing that truly pissed me off was that I recieved a warning on my account... I did not display 'accessive use of vulgar language' nor did I 'harass' that player.

And the reason I didnt put him/her on ignore was clearly so that I could take action with verant and TRY to get the warning removed, not that I'm overly concerned about it, it just doesnt float by me well, and having him on ignore would give me less defense against the situation.

Before the initial conversation was complete a friend in chat had replied to my statement about Yikkini by stating that he had a run in with Yikkini in PC... Yikkini inspected him repeatedly, and when he asked him to stop, politely... Yikkini insisted that his gear need to be worked on and offered help and went on about how his gear is better though he was a lower level, etc, etc... and when my friend stated he wasnt interested and didnt need suggestions Yikkini got pissed off and started being cocky to him.

This player has some serious faults, not just with MY run in, and I know I wasnt 'right' by my actions, nor have I once said that I was... but for the love of goo, if he has so much resentment towards someone who gets aggrivated by his requests that it causes him to 'try' to get them banned who's to say he's not going to try to fuck over a bunch of other people?
Old 06-10-2003, 09:29 AM   #30
Ulujain

Default Re: Re: Yikkini...

Originally posted by Deref
Oh, this one slipped by me initially. This is the type that thinks 15pp is donating well. I guess that also includes their graciously NOT reporting me for some manufactured event.

Yep, Yikkini is on permignore.
I forgot nearly everyone under level 55 in this game was a twink and has 7 figure platinum to donate to others. Especially donating for a spell that has no components and costs nothing more than a moment of your time and mana.
Old 06-10-2003, 09:38 AM   #31
Evelle

HAHAHA ! ! !

I was looking at my ignore list the other day and wondering who this Yikkini was that I had on there. Well it looks like now I know. Glad I didn't take them off.
Old 06-10-2003, 09:42 AM   #32
Evelle

Wait !

Hehe I remember I was in tactics or something last month. They asked for a res and I said I was on a raid sorry. They told me to gate and come res them. That was when they got /ignored =p
Old 06-10-2003, 09:43 AM   #33
Garoan
At your cervix

Syldra, a piece of advice if you are willing to take it. I echo Aishen's comments about ignore. I have a hotkey for beggars that says...

/r What I will offer for free is advice.
/r Begging will make people dislike you.
/r Work for your gear and you will enjoy the game.
/r Beg from me again and hit my Ignore list.

I am sure there is a way you can modify this hotkey to suit your needs in discouraging unwanted solicitation, and that will ensure you don't fly off the handle late at night, or on a bad day.

Sometimes I think that the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
Garoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 09:56 AM   #34
Razboinik

Send a message via AIM to Razboinik
Sounds like this Yikkini and Dwark would make a cute couple.
Old 06-10-2003, 10:08 AM   #35
Evelle

On second thought. I think you should get the email address of the server GM and have some sort of investigation into it. Last I checked it was against the rules to threaten someone with GM action. Sadly though you would need a /report of it to prove it.

It seems totally odd they were able to log and get a GM on for nothing more then saying Fuck to them. I have never seen a GM do something like that unless someone was spamming in a zone wide channel with similiar words. I think with proper server GM intervention you should be able to get your warning removed if nothing else if not expose a potential corrupt GM.
Old 06-10-2003, 10:09 AM   #36
gumbo

Skaflow,

You are correct. I did misunderstand your original post. sorry about that.

Syldra,

You kiss your mother with that mouth? You did get totally hosed with the report. That's bullshit.
Old 06-10-2003, 10:11 AM   #37
Deref

Default Re: Re: Re: Yikkini...

Originally posted by Ulujain
I forgot nearly everyone under level 55 in this game was a twink and has 7 figure platinum to donate to others. Especially donating for a spell that has no components and costs nothing more than a moment of your time and mana.
The word you missed is well. 15pp is not donating well. 15pp is donating, and if I am soliciting donations for KEI a 0 donation is acceptable if that is all the player can afford. If I don't get enough in donations to offset the use of my time in other pursuits, then I go off after other pursuits. Simple. No hassle. Same as it is with every other chanter whether it was pre-KEI on the North Wall in DL, the dock in Oasis or post-KEI in Nexus.
Coercer (Packed in mothballs... sorta)
Deref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 10:33 AM   #38
Karisma

Claiming to be able to use a GM or Guide friend against another player is a bannable offense (it requires a /report to verify, though). Even if the original petition somehow gets squelched by the 'friend' in question, don't hesitate to go over their head. GMs and Guides can and *will* get removed for abuse of powers and favoritism (SOE does not look kindly on this, and I can name at least one GM who got fired for it).

If anyone can get a report of Yikkini threatening that, he or she is a goner.
Karisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 10:38 AM   #39
Custofus

well in this case i think the little wizard was a retard, ive known syldra since i played my war many yeaars ago and with my paladin also, nice person

and ive had people say much worse shit then that....and i just simply gave em a fuck you back, grow up and turn your filter on if you dont want to hear it
Custofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 11:07 AM   #40
Jorfe

I know how this goes, late at night and you just want to be left alone to do your own thing when suddenly someone asks you for a rez and after so many people asking for rezzes, you just blow up on the guy. Well I've felt like it so many times but I usually say just plain no I'm not doing that right now. One thing that I find really annoying is this, if you are going to be stupid and die bring along a character that can rez. If you don't have one, go buy a computer, another account and level one. If it only was that simple. If only people understood this and one try to stay out of danger if you hate to lose experience and two just plain don't be depedent on other people to clean up your messes and buff you and give you stuff. I have never asked for a sow. These days I sometimes pay for a KEI when I'm going to solo my druid or when I'm going to do something with someone in guild that I know won't have an enchanter in group.

I wish people would grow up and realise that other people are not there to take care of them and just play their character and take it in the shorts if they mess up like we all did at the start. I rarely go to rez someone unless they are in my guild or is one of those rare times when I'm on late at night and I feel like going to BF Egypt to rez a stranger.
Old 06-10-2003, 11:30 AM   #41
Sarkam Warbringer

Send a message via AIM to Sarkam Warbringer
You know, Yikkini might be a guide himself.
Sarkam Warbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 11:40 AM   #42
Flowingwind

Those are my thoughts, this person may very well be the guide who gave you the warning.
Flowingwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 11:55 AM   #43
Davek
Squawk Box

Originally posted by Sarkam Warbringer
You know, Yikkini might be a guide himself.
I kinda thought that myself when I saw:

Yikkini tells you, 'Again, remind you I reported you, next step is to go to chat, and Get my Friend GM Uhyre to remove your account from active status'
You told Yikkini, 'oh and there's a bad word filter... use it'
Yikkini tells you, 'concider your account gone'
You told Yikkini, '*shrug* bring it'
Yikkini tells you, 'camping, will be right back with Uhyre'
Why camp?

Man that just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Originally Posted by Karthanon View Post
I know, you're in Ottawa, Davek. Still, I can't help but /poke you.
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 11:55 AM   #44
darkforest

I don't think guides are allowed to have accounts on the same sever they are a guide on.Might be boyfriend/girlfriend friend with access to the account though.
Old 06-10-2003, 11:57 AM   #45
Davek
Squawk Box

Doh, I missed the part about going to chat....but even then.

I don't think guides are allowed to have accounts on the same sever they are a guide on.Might be boyfriend/girlfriend friend with access to the account though.
I thought they weren't server specific anymore? Or is it just GM's who roam?

Man that just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Originally Posted by Karthanon View Post
I know, you're in Ottawa, Davek. Still, I can't help but /poke you.
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 12:27 PM   #46
Mendeus
Un-registered User

Send a message via AIM to Mendeus Send a message via Yahoo to Mendeus
You were rude first.

Fuck you and the horse you rode in on.
I would be insulted if someone asked me to travel from SS to RM just for a profit of 8pp. So the way I see it this dick munching midget was rude first.

/shrug

Either way I won't be going out of my way to help this umpa-lumpa.

It's sad that decent adults have to tip toe around the tulips with all these curse-aphobe kiddies. Why even have evil races in a role playing game when you have to worry about hurting other peoples feelings? Sure, a certain level of respect for fellow players should be maintained; however, when people try to get someones account revoked just for saying one curse word is just lame.
Mendeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 12:39 PM   #47
Molyen

From what I heard, guides can not be on the same server as their toons. Yikkini is trying to go up for a guides position, but I remember that they told him/her that she would have to go to another server. The only way around this is to have 2 accounts.
The Immovable One
Molyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 12:50 PM   #48
Syldra Megiste`

I was more annoyed by the approach than the actual request... rather than doing the 'wee i'll pretend to be a shallow little girl and hopefully you're a guy who will kiss my ass and give me what i want if i act cute like you've been my best friend for years'...

She could have said 'if you are not busy would you be willing to...' and I'd have said 'no sorry, im raiding atm... good luck though!' and I would not have even taken the time to do a /who all, or ask in chat/guild who Yikkini was. At first her approach led me to assume it was an alt of a friend that I was not yet aware of... however it was someone I did not know and I didnt think that her plea and approach was appropriate or worthy of a 'friendly response'

But yeah, after hearing other testimonies here and in game this person didnt deserve any less attitude than I gave her IMHO... atleast now hopefully 'some' people will be able to watch out for this person.

Perhaps its just me... but I do get REALLY freakin tired of level 10's offering me 15pp for BoA and trying to explain to them POLITELY that it costs more than 15pp to cast it... and in which case I explain that if they provide the peridots I will cast... only to have them act like Im just the shittiest person in the world for not catering to their needs.

This isnt a 'once in a while thing' this is a 'every fucking time i go to PoK or nexus' thing.

Could I /role or /anon.. yes? Should I have to just to avoid these fucktards... No... if someone makes a request that I think is just fucking insane, Im going to tell them so, if they ask politely, they'll recieve a polite and fair response, if they ask in a polite manner when Im in an overly good mood and not in the middle of anything chances are I will help them.

And no Im not looking for the 'oh poor syldra' bullshit responses that some of you like to throw out there... I could care less, but yeah people like this Yikkini and the other hundred noobs out there who expect the world handed to them by higher level characters who made me leave my guild, quit my cleric, and make a class that cant do shit other than tank =P

If someone is searching from cleric to cleric to find a res, only to ask me while Im a zone such as BoT or PoTac then they deserve to either be ignored or dismissed... but for gods sake if someone doesnt tell them how ignorant they are all they're going to do is go down the list of other high level clerics online at the time and pester them.
Old 06-10-2003, 12:52 PM   #49
Jada

I feel your pain hun. Sometimes I'll be doing nothing and rezz someone, other times I'd like to rip their head off. It got to a point where I put up /AFK Message: NO! when I'm trying to xp. My FAVORITE is when someone drags their lifeless body in front of you and leaves it there. No asking for a rezz, nothing. Just assumes, hell you are a cleric so you must LOVE to rezz dead things. I usually just ignore them and go on with what I am doing.
That usually pisses them off.

And I'm sorry, if someone sends me a tell and initiates the conversation, I should be able to say whatever I want to in tells. If they don't like it, they shouldn't contact me.

Ok that dude is officially on my no rezz/buff list.

Gwing Elsalvador
59th Level Templar of Evilness
Vanguards of Excellence
Jada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 12:56 PM   #50
TavianX

Davek,

When I was a guide, and I don't think it has changed, you cannot be a guide on the same server you play on. Senior Guides and GM's are the only ones that can roam.

As for this Yikki nitwit. This needs to be looked at. The reason I say this is that it is STRESSED that your status as a guide is not to give you any special privelages on your home server. Also, you aren't even supposed to mention your status on your home server (Yeah like that means anything)

Tav
TavianX is offline   Reply With Quote