Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Rants and Flames

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2003, 05:48 AM   #26
Davek
Squawk Box

Originally posted by Martigan
It's kind of a two-edged sword...

One side...
Your guild leader/officer/friend asks you for your acct info so he/she can use you during a raid that you cannot attend...or so that you can get flagged, and if you say no, it's like saying "I don't trust you."

Other side...
You give out your info and you get ripped off.

The way I look at it...it's my account. You could be my twin brother(which I don't have). You're not getting my account info. I didn't get flagger? Then *I* didn't get flagged...just have to try again.

I don't want other people playing *my* character to complete stuff *I* want to get done. Where's the fun/challenge in that?

When I finally give up the addiction that is EQ...my character isn't going on to someone else.

It may just be pixels...but they are pixels *I* have fun with.

Of course that's just my opinion. What other people do is up to them.

Originally posted by Dwarkarn
Am I speaking to an army of fucking Helen Kellers here?

Third of all do I have to write it all again in braile so your blind arses understand? Please submit a formal request to dwarkarn@hotmail and I will see what I can do.
Urgggugughhuguhhhaaaargghheeahh.

Oh sorry...that's my dogs name.

Man that just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Originally Posted by Karthanon View Post
I know, you're in Ottawa, Davek. Still, I can't help but /poke you.
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 06:00 AM   #27
TavianX

Ok, Dwark I can see your point.....But lets apply that to this situation.

You have a couple of dogs. You need to go away for about say. a week or more and you need someone to check on your dogs, feed em, etc etc. You can't afford a kennel so you give the key to your house to someone you trust because you FELT you could trust this person. You have no other option. You come back and your house has been wiped out. Nothing worth a dam is left. You've been cleaned out by someone you trust and then they just disappear. So what your saying is....You gave them the key, your the dumbass.

That basically what you are trying to say? I can understand it, but I do not agree with it. When you feel you can trust someone and they stab you in the back, then you have a right to bitch all you want about it. The person that did this to Bomb is one of those types that should be beating down and curb stomped.

Tav
TavianX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 06:01 AM   #28
Sakkath

Davek, it's not about you 'trying again'. It's about getting the necessary force (sometimes 40+ people) in 1 place for a period of time to enable you to get the flag. Now if everyone had no life and could show up on every occasion, there would be no problem. But people do have lives, and there are at about 20 flags to get in PoP. If you miss 1 of them, the problem gets worse as you miss otehr flags further down that flag line.
Good luck trying to get the guild to do every single flag mob 50+ times (and thereby stopping other guilds doing it).

Noone wants someone else to do the work for them, but neither can you expect a guild to mobilise for each individual person because they can't be available all the time. The fun and challenge comes from the next time you log on you can actually participate, rather than be locked outside.
Sakkath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 06:05 AM   #29
gumbo

Dwarkarn to date I have never insulted anyone on this board. Just offered my opinion and tried to keep personalities out of it.

But you are a mean little man with little outlook in life and you are going to stay miserable until you seriously take some time to reflect on why you are so sad. Until then, since you don't play anymore, just please go to a different board to randomly insult people.

Bomb, what happened to you is lower than low and I hope things resolve themselves. If you need anything just let me know in game.
Old 06-05-2003, 06:46 AM   #30
Dwarkarn

Ok, Dwark I can see your point.....But lets apply that to this situation.

You have a couple of dogs. You need to go away for about say. a week or more and you need someone to check on your dogs, feed em, etc etc. You can't afford a kennel so you give the key to your house to someone you trust because you FELT you could trust this person. You have no other option. You come back and your house has been wiped out. Nothing worth a dam is left. You've been cleaned out by someone you trust and then they just disappear. So what your saying is....You gave them the key, your the dumbass.

That basically what you are trying to say? I can understand it, but I do not agree with it. When you feel you can trust someone and they stab you in the back, then you have a right to bitch all you want about it. The person that did this to Bomb is one of those types that should be beating down and curb stomped.
You still are enlisted in the army of Helen Keller. I have always thought people that steal shit are scum, people who steal shit in EQ shouldn't be beaten down and curb stomped though since doing such shit over pixels would be ludicrous.

Your little analogy about the dog was funny, unfortunately we are talking about EQ and not real life so it holds no weight.

Dwarkarn to date I have never insulted anyone on this board.
I bow to you oh holy one. Good thing you didn't try to insult anyone, because you suck at it.

But you are a mean little man with little outlook in life and you are going to stay miserable until you seriously take some time to reflect on why you are so sad.
Sad? I don't remember ever saying I was sad, I am quite happy with my life, how is yours going?

Until then, since you don't play anymore, just please go to a different board to randomly insult people.
I was here before you, I will be here after you, deal with it or take your own advice.
Old 06-05-2003, 06:50 AM   #31
Khael

Then *I* didn't get flagged...just have to try again.

I don't want other people playing *my* character to complete stuff *I* want to get done. Where's the fun/challenge in that?
The problem is that *you* don't get to try again. You need the majority of your guild with you to try again, and people don't want to go backwards spending time raiding Carprin when they could be doing Fennin Ro. And they're not likely to make the effort for 1 or 2 people. You choices are very realistically

1) Don't give out your info, and find your "fun/challenge" in sitting outside the zone while your guild raids

2) Don't give out your info, leave that guild and find a pre-tier3 guild you can participate with

3) Give out your info so that you don't have to be on round the clock or have a job where you can take a day off cause it's the last day your guild is planning to do a flag mob; note that this is the only option where you get to continue playing with your current guildmates.

But sure, I guess if you want the "fun/challenge" of sitting in Tranquility LFG while your friends raid, that's the option for you!
Old 06-05-2003, 06:55 AM   #32
Khael

Your little analogy about the dog was funny, unfortunately we are talking about EQ and not real life so it holds no weight.
His "little analogy" as I read it was about trust being trust, no matter if it's in EQ or in RL. For a lot of people, the "trust" that they place in their friends in EQ is the same as the "trust" that they place in their RL friends. A trusted friend is a trusted friend is a trusted friend. Maybe it's not that way for you, but it's like that for many people, me included.
Old 06-05-2003, 06:57 AM   #33
Xerion

Originally posted by Bombfists
Dwark, You obviously don't know how frustrating it is to be in a high end raiding guild, and you are unable to raid because you missed one flag. THAT is why people hand it out so they can be with their guild.
Is that a guild requirement to give out your personal account info? Must be one fucked up guild if it is. Might as well give them your credit card number so that they can renew your subscription when you have already cancelled and THEY want to renew it.

How are you going to take a stance on something and try and make a point when you have no fucking clue what angle he is coming from?
So everyone needs to be in an "uber" guild to truly understand the "pain and suffering" of situations like this? Gotcha.*scribes it in his little notepad*
Xerion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 07:25 AM   #34
Davek
Squawk Box

Ok, now remember, I did say:

Of course that's just my opinion. What other people do is up to them.
I was posting from *my* perspective...which is really all that I can do.

To answer what some people have directed towards me...this bit sorta sums it up best:

Originally posted by Khael
But sure, I guess if you want the "fun/challenge" of sitting in Tranquility LFG while your friends raid, that's the option for you!
Again, in *my* perspective: To me and my EQ enjoyment, Flagging means squat. As for me sitting LFG while my friends raid? It might happen but at this point and time I don't see it. I have a regular schedule where I group with my friends/guildies.

I don't feel left out if I can't go on Ubah Raid #29845.

Not everyone plays for the same reason. As I said: I'm not giving my account info to anyone.

As others have said: you give out your account info...you take that chance. Me, I'm not going to.

Dwark...can you translate that to brail for these people???

And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Old 06-05-2003, 07:38 AM   #35
TavianX

Dwark,

I understand exactly what you meant. Seriously, you feel yeah it was ignorant for someone to do that to him, but hey, he shouldn't have given his info out and not expect it. I just don't agree with that outlook, that's all I am basically saying on that.

Now, as for curb stomping him for the pixels, no I don't mean beat him down for that. I mean that is a betrayel of trust. If I worked on something for god knows how long, and a friend I thought I could trust abused that trust and bascially stole, yes even though they are pixels, stole from me and my brother, I'd be inclined to want to see a curb stomp executed.

Tav
TavianX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 07:39 AM   #36
Cerden

Your perspective doesn't mean shit in regards to this matter.

That's like the man on the corner saying he lost his home because his best friend stole his life savings and house money out of his safe, and he can't tell his wife.

Then you coming up and saying, 'I rent an apartment, so it doesn't matter. You shouldn't have told people the combination to your safe.'

Little grasping there, but you can't relate at all, so why try?

And while your at it Dwark, translate the other posts to brail for Davek.
Cerden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 07:53 AM   #37
Mitch the Blond

''they can't see your point because you're wrong Dwark. Who gives a shit what the EULA says? Someone is pissed because they trusted a person who let them down badly.
You don't even have to come here and comment on how much that sucks, but did it make you feel better to try and rub salt in the wounds?''

Yes it did, thats how he gets his kicks.

''Dwarkarn to date I have never insulted anyone on this board. Just offered my opinion and tried to keep personalities out of it.

But you are a mean little man with little outlook in life and you are going to stay miserable until you seriously take some time to reflect on why you are so sad. Until then, since you don't play anymore, just please go to a different board to randomly insult people.''

Let him stay miserable and sad, its more fun that way.

I see you're making more fans Dork, /slowclap.

And yes, I do still have you on ignore but its obvious others still read the crap you post, they will learn in time.

Mitch
Old 06-05-2003, 08:06 AM   #38
Khael

Again, in *my* perspective: To me and my EQ enjoyment, Flagging means squat.
In that case, your participation in the EULA vs flagging issue means squat, because you're not in the situation that a couple of us are discussion, which is the way that the high end game in EQ practically forces you to violate the EULA. If flagging means squat to you and it's not the situation you are in nor one you you see yourself entering, what the fuck are you even adding to the conversation? "I don't know anything about what you're talking about, and I won't be in the situation or seeing what you're seeing, but here's my opinion anyway.. I don't think you should do what you're doing, nor would I do it!"

Dumbass.

And it's "braille," not "brail," idiot.
Old 06-05-2003, 08:08 AM   #39
Aamrie

Originally posted by Xerion
Is that a guild requirement to give out your personal account info? Must be one fucked up guild if it is. Might as well give them your credit card number so that they can renew your subscription when you have already cancelled and THEY want to renew it.
um, maybe you need to learn to read. It's never been a guild requirement anywhere. Some people do it and some don't..As was previously posted by several different people, it makes it alot easier if someone has your info if you are gonna miss a flag...

Originally posted by Xerion
So everyone needs to be in an "uber" guild to truly understand the "pain and suffering" of situations like this? Gotcha.*scribes it in his little notepad*
I dont think anywhere it was said that the pain and suffering is strictly that of the "uber" guilds. The flag situation is predominantly that. I dont see many velious/luclin content guilds worrying about getting flags..as for the "being ripped off by friends" that happens to everyone. And no matter who that happens to, it still sucks and hurts. Its not even persay the items missing as much as the trust that has been broken...video game or not.

Xerion quit being an ass and run along

Jack Thompson: Yes, put down the controller and get a life. Video gaming is an escapist activity and youíre being exploited by these companies. Itís not healthy; I worry about someone who would play Grand Theft Auto for ten hours a day. Itís a masturbatory activity, and it would be better if people put down the controller and went outside.
Aamrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 08:18 AM   #40
Langree

Send a message via AIM to Langree
They encouraged account sharing massively with flags in PoP. I had NEVER given my account details away before PoP, and most people I know hadn't either.
Funny, it's taking me longer then most but I do all my own flagging, I play this game because I want to PLAY the game. If I'm not on I miss out, my problem.

I'm sorry your stuff is gone, I truly am. But if you share info you open yourself up to it.

Currently one person has access to my account outside of my house. They are a RL friend whose family I have known for 18 years.

At one point another friend did have access for a very specific situation. I changed the pw afterwards.

I'm sorry, if CI asked me for my login info I probably wouldn't give it. No matter how long I've known some of them in game.

Whether Dwark has experienced the high end, or specifically flagging truly doesn't have any bearing on whether he can have a view on account sharing.

It was done before flagging and it will be done after flagging.

You give someone the key to your house and they steal from you, doesn't make the stealing ok, or right. But it does give you accountability in the situation.

You have been knocked unconcious!
You have been slain by a door!
Returning to home point, please wait...
LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
Langree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2003, 08:26 AM   #41
Vaalik

Send a message via AIM to Vaalik
That sucks, you lost yer shit.

Don't share yer info and it won't be a problem. All the excuses about why you have to share your info are just that, excuses.

To whoever ripped him.... got any cheap gear for a mage?
Old 06-05-2003, 08:28 AM   #42
Razboinik

Send a message via AIM to Razboinik
Dwark, since you don't play anymore, and this is EQ board, my guess is you are really missing out on social interaction so you have to come here and tell people to shut up everyday.

How about this, pull your head out of your ass and stop starting pointless discussions about shit you have no understanding of?

Also, anyonbe who says "if you give out your info you deserve getting hacked" - you must be the same dumbshits who cried a river about opening pop zones to all idiots who cant get a simple flag.
Old 06-05-2003, 08:29 AM   #43
Sakkath

Originally posted by Langree
I do all my own flagging, I play this game because I want to PLAY the game.
Good luck getting that Bertoxx flag, or any other flag there isn't a pickup raid for. And everyone wants to PLAY the game, but it would suck to not be able to play the game with your friends/guild because you miss a flag for a lower tier mob and weren't able to be on any of the times the guild went for it.
Old 06-05-2003, 08:34 AM   #44
Sakkath

I just gotta feel sorry for those saying you give out your info, you deserve to be hacked. It must suck not to trust anyone.
Old 06-05-2003, 08:37 AM   #45
Davek
Squawk Box

In that case, your participation in the EULA vs flagging issue means squat, because you're not in the situation that a couple of us are discussion, which is the way that the high end game in EQ practically forces you to violate the EULA. If flagging means squat to you and it's not the situation you are in nor one you you see yourself entering, what the fuck are you even adding to the conversation? "I don't know anything about what you're talking about, and I won't be in the situation or seeing what you're seeing, but here's my opinion anyway.. I don't think you should do what you're doing, nor would I do it!"

Dumbass.

For those who say my perspective means squat: remember the basic premise. You give your account info out, you can be burned. Deal with it.

He came whining here that his account got ripped...that was his main complaint...not that he couldn't get flagged. Get with the program.

If you're looking to place blame on these "requirements" for such stuff...look more at SOE. They're the ones who created the flagging. Plus if you'll notice, as time goes by, they are dropping the flagging.

As for why I entered the conversation: Last I saw, this was posted on a relatively public message board. Fair game.

"I don't know anything about what you're talking about, and I won't be in the situation or seeing what you're seeing, but here's my opinion anyway.. I don't think you should do what you're doing, nor would I do it!"

Dumbass.

About time the spelling Nazi's showed up. Oh wait! You did a double period! Blow it out your ass.

Old 06-05-2003, 08:43 AM   #46
Davek
Squawk Box

Originally posted by Davek

He came whining here that his account got ripped...that was his main complaint...not that he couldn't get flagged. Get with the program.

Ok, I read back and he did say it was for flagging reasons. But Vaalik summed it up best:

Originally posted by Vaalik
[B]That sucks, you lost yer shit.

Don't share yer info and it won't be a problem. All the excuses about why you have to share your info are just that, excuses.
B]

Old 06-05-2003, 08:47 AM   #47
Langree

Originally posted by Sakkath
Good luck getting that Bertoxx flag, or any other flag there isn't a pickup raid for. And everyone wants to PLAY the game, but it would suck to not be able to play the game with your friends/guild because you miss a flag for a lower tier mob and weren't able to be on any of the times the guild went for it.
So you're saying I'll basically be forced to share my info or not get flagged? I'm not biting, if I want the flag, I will find a way to get it, and not by having someone else play for me.

It is still merely an excuse for sharing info. I still believe in earning what I get.

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
Old 06-05-2003, 08:51 AM   #48
Langree

Originally posted by Sakkath
I just gotta feel sorry for those saying you give out your info, you deserve to be hacked. It must suck not to trust anyone.
Just to clarify my stance, I never said he deserved it, nobody does, but he does open himself up to it.

I trust lots of people, but how well do any of us who only know each other IG truly know each other?

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
Old 06-05-2003, 09:07 AM   #49
Khael

remember the basic premise. You give your account info out, you can be burned. Deal with it.
That may be your basic premise, but the basic premise of our side of the conversation is that SoE is practically forcing violations of the EULA via their flagging process. It's a different conversation with a different premise, in case you hadn't noticed. Your premise is only a tangent on the topic that Bombfists brought up.
It wasn't his main complaint, but you caught that yourself.
If you're looking to place blame on these "requirements" for such stuff...look more at SOE. They're the ones who created the flagging.
Show me where either I or Sakkath or anyone else isn't blaming SOE and their flagging policy? In all my posts I've said it's SOE practically forcing the violations of the EULA.
Plus if you'll notice, as time goes by, they are dropping the flagging.
Uh, no. They're dropping the flagging requirement to zone into some zones for xp purposes; you are still required to get every single flag if you want to xp in Solrotower or the Elemental Planes, or if you want to raid there, which leaves people with lives in high end raiding guilds in the same boat they were in before. But I don't think the problem of ostracization that people are facing is really sinking in for a lot of you, you think it's just an issue of finding some time to get these flags on your own time if you missed them previously. It's not, as Sakkath said good luck trying to find that Bertoxx pickup raid so you can join your friends in PoFire, after they bring you back to Solrotower to kill Solusek Ro, of course.

Sakkath...can you translate that to -- oh wait, I don't need people to back me up on a message board when I'm dealing with mental midgets such as yourself!
As for why I entered the conversation: Last I saw, this was posted on a relatively public message board.
Well, I suppose there's no reason you couldn't enter a discussion on theoretical quantum physics either, but you'd bring to that discussion the same thing you bring to this one, which is no knowledge of the topic at hand and a laughable line: "I can take part in any conversation I want, even if I don't know what you're talking about!"
Old 06-05-2003, 10:14 AM   #50
Litt

That really sucks

Hope you get your stuff back or at least hang the guy/gal that did it out to dry .

Litt
Litt is offline   Reply With Quote