Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2004, 06:43 AM   #1
Trith
The lesser of two weevils

Send a message via MSN to Trith
Default Condy Rice...marry me!

This woman is just plain awesome. She told the truth..she revealed the pure lieing nature of Clarke and his Dem propaganda..she showed the laxity that the previous administation had with regards to Al Qaeda, she revealed that Bush knew zero about 9/11, and was in no way tied to it, nor was anyone in his administration capable of stopping it. She showed how 9/11 was hatched and solidified under the Clinton presidency (as I expected she would) so she has basically batted a red hot potato back in the Clinton/Kerry lap with ease.

..and she never broke a fucking sweat..

Here is a link to her testimony. This does not bode well for Clarke and his lies, the Dems and their futile attempts to direct attention away from their own parties fuckups during 92-2000, and I would say it makes it harder on John Kerry..but the man has already proven himself unelectable because of a severe mental deficiency..so I don't see how she could make things any harder on him anyway.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,116531,00.html

I can't wait to get home, make some popcorn, and watch the replay of this on CSPAN so I can see the dems on the panel squirm like they have pinworms in their ass...

Wanted to add this too...also from the AP..just a general quote.

The Sept. 11 commission will examine these discrepancies between how Clarke described Clinton's dedication to rooting out terrorism and how the Clinton White House dealt with it.
Looks like Clarke may be in for some serious shit here. Especially when they find out that the discrepancies are like night and day between what Clinton's plans wanted to accomplish and what he actually did...

Last edited by Trith; 04-08-2004 at 06:52 AM. Reason: To add a quote I left out.
Trith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 06:52 AM   #2
Gerick

Im watching it right now, she is smart and she is a very good talker, but that doesnt mean what she says is true.

She is very good talker, truth or not.
Gerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 06:54 AM   #3
Trith

I would believe her over any member of the Clinton cabinet any day of the week. She has credibility Gerick...something Clarke can never have because of the admin he served under.
Old 04-08-2004, 07:24 AM   #4
Felessan

Condoleeza Rice is much more than just "smart". She didnt get to that position without some serious brain power. I admire the hell out of that woman.

"The things we do in life, echo in eternity!"
Felessan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 07:26 AM   #5
Gerick

i beleave she declined to swear on her comments tho, thats what has me wondering
Gerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 07:39 AM   #6
Trith

No I think she did in fact testify under oath already. That was for the closed door meeting she originally had with the panel a few weeks ago.

EDIT: She is under oath..I just found this on the Foxnews website Gerick.

Speaking publicly and under oath before the panel
So she's balls out on this one..no lies.

Last edited by Trith; 04-08-2004 at 07:51 AM.
Old 04-08-2004, 08:13 AM   #7
kanibaal
korpse

She is under oath. Watched her raise her hand and swear in on TV.

Hey anyone notice how many times that moron Bob Kerrey called Rice "Dr. Clarke"? Nervous? I wonder why. Please correct me if Im wrong, but isnt he the guy who mowed down a group of women and children while in Vietnam?

The Dems are so condesending and arrogant towards her, chatting amongst themselves while she answers and laughing while interupting her. GO DEMS!
kanibaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 08:18 AM   #8
Trith

Clarke got Bitchslapped.

He has been proven a liar now and Condy even did it in a nice way.

I don't remember the al Qaeda cells being something that we were told we needed to do something about," she said.
here is another one too heh..

"I don't remember the discussion that Dick Clarke relates," Rice said, adding that, "I'm quite sure the president never pushed anybody to 'twist the facts.'"
But I'm sure the DNC did..

Which is exactly opposite what Clarke perjured...err excuse me testified to a week ago.

Lol way to go Dems..your ace in the hole has been baked...what's other lies do you guys have in that little hat of yours that you plan on trying before the election?

Last edited by Trith; 04-08-2004 at 08:23 AM.
Old 04-08-2004, 08:39 AM   #9
Martigan
Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Martigan
I watched and listened up to this point. I believe she answered every question well. I do think the dems on this commission are grandstanding, and it makes me sick...especially that Kerry fellow. His "monologue" in the beginning was pitiful and had no place in this hearing. His whole tone during questioning was that Bush made the mistake and should admit it. He plainly revealed himself a true idiot, and someone who cannot or refuses to think outside his box.
Martigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 08:42 AM   #10
Felessan

Not a single attempt at an impartial hearing...a complete lose/lose for the Democrats. IMO, they completely underestimated Rice.

"The things we do in life, echo in eternity!"
Felessan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 08:52 AM   #11
Sakkath

Frankly, the whole bunch of them spin the truth to meet their own agendas. I think it's naive to take most of what is said at face value.

That said, I thought she did pretty well. She was confident and assured - especially at the start. She did seem to find it rather tricky as the details got out, and as questions built on details from previous answers.

A reasonable performance, but nothing wonderful. I do find the whole exercise of trying to shuffle and assign blame for 9/11 rather onerous. Lessons need to be learnt, and that is much harder with everyone being so partisan.
Sakkath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 08:58 AM   #12
Trith

I agree sakkath there is always party spin on both sides...but this was just a flat out blowout of the Dems and their grandstanding tactics. This truly made them, Clarke, and their lieing tactics well known to the American public. This whole panel just blew up right in John Kerry's face IMO.
Old 04-08-2004, 09:29 AM   #13
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

I just finished watching this, and Condy Rice just did a Slam Dunk on all the questions poised to her. Its very obvious who the democrats were in this questioning. Very poor form on their part i must say, that one idiot would try and "blast" her with a question and Condy as concisesly and politely as possible would answer, then this idiot would yell at her trying to throw her off kilter and it totally backfired when she would continue unphased. He ( Bob Kerry i think) made himself look like a bully.

I thought this would be lackluster hearing with a few points made but throughout Condy kept firmly to her postions and had a strong response to everything that was thrown at her. She painted a very clear picture of years and years of sloth out of the clinton administration and that when Bush took over those same people still werent interested in launching an all out war against terrorism. I did find one thing very sad though, it takes an event like 9/11 to light a fire under the asses of those fatcats in washington. I hope to god that does not happen again.

Trith, you got competition son, i want to marry Condy Rice too.

Last edited by chukzombi; 04-08-2004 at 09:37 AM.
chukzombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 09:33 AM   #14
Flub Man
Here's to you liberals!!!

I find the Dem's tone and actions to be horrible and rude. They talked to her as if she was on trial. Yet they allowed Clarke to spew forth his rhetoric without question. Just shows what this 'bipartisan' commitee was really trying to do.

"Starkville is the Indian word for Trailer Park."
~ Skip Bertman

'I was just wrong. Flub you are correct.'
~bumble
Flub Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 09:38 AM   #15
Zolmaz Zo'Boto

Default Rice for President 2008

This was the slap in the face to the biased Dems i've been waiting for.
I'm so happy right now I think I'll write her a letter.

BUSH 2004, SUFFER!

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Zolmaz.
Zolmaz Zo'Boto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 09:50 AM   #16
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

gotta love fox news, they have transcripts of both her statement and testimony before the commision.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,116531,00.html
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,116563,00.html

I scanned it again and godamn this Bob Kerrey is a fucking asswipe.
Old 04-08-2004, 09:53 AM   #17
Sakkath

Originally Posted by Zolmaz Zo'Boto
BUSH 2004, SUFFER!
At last! A good campaign slogan?
Old 04-08-2004, 09:54 AM   #18
Trech

Send a message via MSN to Trech
Originally Posted by Sakkath
At last! A good campaign slogan?
ROFL
Trech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 10:15 AM   #19
Sakkath

Actually I think Kerrey by and large did an OK job. I had to totally agree with his 'speech' about the dangers in Iraq, although it was quite cringingly pathetic when he practically whined that she 'wasn't being fair to him'.

Maybe his questioning was partisan, maybe he was trying to score points. People will see it through whatever pre-conceived ideas they already have formed. But I'd far rather see that than some of the wishy-washy bullshit questioning that has previously gone on from most of the people on the commision.

I really couldn't care less about party affiliations; and whilst I'm no fan of Bush that doesn't mean I automatically am against any and all of his policies or staff.

Look, these people are running your country. You elect them to carry immense responsibility for making decisions that could very well change your lives. It is not a priviledge, but a duty and they are in office to SERVE you. I find it only right and proper that part of this involves enduring questioning that can be very direct, sometimes argumentative.

I'm fed up with politicians from all parties, from all over the world that refuse to answer perfectly simple questions. The only thing worse than that is that they get away with it time and time again because people shy away from trying to pin them down. On top of that, the media are so obviously biased (on both sides), made worse by places in press briefings being 'granted' to the most capitulating journalists.
Old 04-08-2004, 10:16 AM   #20
kanibaal
korpse

Where is Bumbler and Ares?
kanibaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 11:00 AM   #21
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

Where is Bumbler and Ares
Watching CNN and listening to Al Franken to get their opinion.
chukzombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 11:12 AM   #22
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

Hey anyone notice how many times that moron Bob Kerrey called Rice "Dr. Clarke"? Nervous? I wonder why. Please correct me if Im wrong, but isnt he the guy who mowed down a group of women and children while in Vietnam?
That would be correct

http://www.time.com/time/covers/1101010507/cover.html

For former Senator Bob Kerrey, that nightmare never goes away. He knows that one night 32 years ago in Vietnam, he and his squad of NavySEALskilled nearly a score of unarmed civilians, mainly women and children.
Old 04-08-2004, 11:28 AM   #23
Martigan
Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Martigan
Yes he did, but I believe that (mostly) everybody deserves a second chance. This guy ended up wasting his second chance on being a complete moron.
Martigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 11:45 AM   #24
AresProphet
Priest of Hiroshima

Send a message via MSN to AresProphet
I wasn't really interested in Rice's testimony. It's being blown out of proportion.

Fuck, I'm not even sure what it was about. Show's how much interest I had.
No-one cares enough

Attachment 181
AresProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 11:46 AM   #25
Codsan
The Codfather

Honestly, how many of you guys were surprised by the partisan cheerleading that's gone on during the entire time this commission has been hearing testimony?

The Democrats are trying to use this to portray the Bush administration as bungling and apathetic before 9/11; preoccupied with China and Russia.

The Republicans are using this to shove all the blame off on the Democrats and Clinton as usual, with a few character assasinations along the way in an attempt to wash all the blood off of their hands.

I'm not buying any of it. We probably won't know the real truth about this (like the Gulf of Tonkin and Nixon tapes) until all the people involved are dead and gone.
Codsan is offline   Reply With Quote