Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2006, 11:59 AM   #1
Camien Ta`Mire

Send a message via AIM to Camien Ta`Mire Send a message via MSN to Camien Ta`Mire Send a message via Yahoo to Camien Ta`Mire
Default Question

Sometime in the near future, I plan to have my computer up and running (again)...everything was fine, till I installed a new motherboard and found out that my copy of XP Pro wasn't bootable. Anyways, since I wiped my hard drive, I need to know: Where can I download a copy of EverQuest? I threw away all of my CDs a long time ago, on one of the many times I quit.

Just asking in case the copy I had backed up on my backup hard drive is corrupted or something.
Camien Ta`Mire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 12:13 PM   #2
Tormarc

you can download the patcher, and download everything. where from, i have no clue, will see if i can locate, seen it recently.

here it is: dont know if it works or not, never used it.

http://help.station.sony.com/cgi-bin...ted=1134756016
Tormarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 01:53 PM   #3
calrain

I basically used the patcher method to download everything recently myself, so yes it does work. Slow, but it's an option. As long as you have a valid account to log in to, you're good to go.

Calrain Wolfpacer
http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.asp...69&TabID=26574

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=463466
calrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:31 PM   #4
Misty
Do Not Disturb

I'v changed my own motherboard as often as an upg was available it never needed a HDD wipe to do that. Lately a radical system upgrade has required both a CMOS purge and processor clock speed wind back in BIOS to get my system booting to Desktop again. Draining the CMOS for a hardware change is normal installation practice; the processor clock speed windback has become necessary with newer hardware technology. Just so some hardware installation tweaks can be accomplished in the Desktop environment and new drivers installed in a running system.

Once that was done and my drivers had been checked/purged of system conflicts in Safe Mode via Device Management (Control Panel --> System --> System Properties --> Hardware --> Device Management) it was all clear to re-set my BIOS to the normal cpu processor clock speed.

I assume that would work for you too. Good luck.
"*blink* *blink* *blink*
*bliiiink* *bliiiink* *bliiiink*
*blink* *blink* *blink*
[fixt]

Mistyglen 68 Half Elf StormWarden (retired)
ex-Mystic Blue, ex-Sundered Heart, ex-Heart of Fenris
Redback's stuff
Redback 72 WoodElf Ranger (Lucid Devotion)
Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 08:57 PM   #5
Camien Ta`Mire

Send a message via AIM to Camien Ta`Mire Send a message via MSN to Camien Ta`Mire Send a message via Yahoo to Camien Ta`Mire
There were a lot of issues going on, and since I didn't have a copy of XP Pro at the time, I was forced to try to use Win ME, which was why I wiped the hard drive. After running fdisk, I discovered that the motherboard that I was using was damaged, since it wasn't powering the CPU or chipset fans, and the motherboard overloaded. So I had the manufacturer replace the board (MSI K7N2 Delta 2 Platinum), and have everything running again. Still need an OS, since the hard drive is completely clean. Anyways, in the meantime I am downloading the patch for EQ onto my roomy's computer in an attempt to see if this storebought Compaq can handle EQ, I won't be playing too much if it can though, since I am soon to be off to Basic Corrections Officer Training in Forsythe, GA for a month. After that though, I should be getting my computer completely up and running, and back to playing EQ as often as work will allow
Camien Ta`Mire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 11:01 PM   #6
Frekkels

Hail Camien,

Let me know if the patcher thing fails. I can send you my CD's if you like. I'm not even using them for beer coasters; they are just gathering dust on a bookshelf somewhere.

I'll be out to sea for awhile, but I'll check on this thread when I get back.

Take care,
Old 10-20-2006, 12:01 PM   #7
Vaalken

/wave Frekkels
RETIRED
Vaalken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 11:03 AM   #8
Eldrynn

Send a message via MSN to Eldrynn
I just keep a back-up of all my stuff on an external USB hard drive. I never have to worry about installing EQ again. EQ really doesn't "install", it just copies the files onto your hard drive. Just make a shortcut on your desktop from where ever you have the EQ folder.

I know that probably doesn't help you now, but may be an idea for the future. I bought a 160 Gb Western Digital for $120. Well worth it to back up all my files.

And with her panties pulled taut across the crotch, it looked like a car had run over Chewbacca.
Eldrynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 01:22 PM   #9
Muertissimo

Send a message via AIM to Muertissimo
One option you may want to consider is picking up the EQ Titanium pack. It has all the expansions through Depths of Darkhollow. Doesn't have the latest expansion(s) but at least you'd have the bulk of them in one box. Only $19.99!

https://store.station.sony.com/hardg...-SW0106-EQTITA
Greylords EQ2 too!
Retired member of
Midnight Fury (r.i.p.)

"And I looked, and behold a pale horse. And his name that sat upon him was Death, and Hell followed with him."--Revelation 6:8
"Your greatest creation, is the life you lead."
Muertissimo is offline   Reply With Quote