Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Rants and Flames

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2004, 02:39 PM   #26
FanonFaythunder
ThreadKiller, Bitches

Send a message via ICQ to FanonFaythunder Send a message via AIM to FanonFaythunder
Iuedain, I owe you a drink.

That is all.

No, I don't play... except when I do.
FanonFaythunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 02:39 PM   #27
Gloriana

"Meanieman" made me giggle.
Gloriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 02:46 PM   #28
FanonFaythunder
ThreadKiller, Bitches

Send a message via ICQ to FanonFaythunder Send a message via AIM to FanonFaythunder
Dug up this gem from the "Status of CoI" thread. Now, this does not make me a CoI stalking thread-hounding troll... I just happened to remember this claim because Bum never replied when I challeneged him to back up what he said here with some concrete incident...

... okay maybe I am a CoI stalking thread-hounding troll, but that's not the point.

Originally Posted by Bumamgar
Uhm, there isn't another guild on this server that will grant you the "right" to kill all the named that are up in Fire, just because you have a raid at the tables.

Or, let me put it this way. Several times, prior to the incident you misrepresent in your post, Cries has been in Fire killing Minis, and another guild has moved in to a "free" camp, and proceeded to pull whatever Minis we hadn't already engaged.

Some folks pull Babs to the Tables, some folks pull Babs to the "castle" both are valid.

There are quite a few mini's in Fire. To try and lay claim to ALL of them is selfish in the extreme.

What is worse, is to send a monk to train the entire field on the opposing raid because we beat you to the pull on Babs. We didn't agro the charm bird, your monk did when he trained the whole field on us. Your monk wasn't "LD" he was CHARMED by the bird, and attacking members of our raid. Of course we wiped when Resilience trained us mid fight, and of course you were able to pull Babs and kill her while we CR'ed.

See, this is the difference between Cries and other guilds that we have to deal with every day. We WON'T train you to get a mob, but the other guilds WILL.

But of course, since the other guilds make up the majority, especially on these forums, the consensus here is the opposite of reality.

We show the guilds on E-Marr significantly more respect than they show us.

Old 04-05-2004, 02:53 PM   #29
Guamgee

Cerden is getting a bit behind on the CoI flames....hasnt posted a reply yet
Guamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 02:58 PM   #30
Dalamarn Darkgem

Default This rating

..:: Quote ::..
I give this rant a 10 overall.
-10 for flare.
-9 for content.
-10 for the "fuck you" value.

..:: End Quote ::..
-5 for rating your own rant!!
Even with the -5.. he'd still pull a 5 overall for that one. I dont have knowledge of what went on, so no opinion on it either. Having said that, it was a very nice rant and I think he scored it pretty accurately.
Dalamarn Darkgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 03:03 PM   #31
korast

I didnt witness this but iuedain's story is pretty similar to what i heard from a different source. I'd like to note that i hope they dont ban trihawk; shes a nice person if a little missguided at times, and that im proud of my new guildtag.

korast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 03:11 PM   #32
Kemora

Send a message via AIM to Kemora
Uhm, there isn't another guild on this server that will grant you the "right" to kill all the named that are up in Fire, just because you have a raid at the tables.
The sad thing is, almost every other guild on Erollisi Marr respects fire as one camp (Aside from Fennin). Yet, two weeks ago while we were clearing Fire after about two hours in CoI begins zoning in. We ask Yenil what they are up to, and he says "We're going to take what we can get". Which unfortunatly for CoI, was jack shit because aparantly they could only field ~20 people.

Had you guys not been jackasses that day, guess what.. I would of probably had us leave fire to be the "bigger" person and left you guys alone to wipe endlessly to whatever you saw fit. However, if you're not going to show us that respect - We're giving you none in return. We took what we could get - which was every mini in fire save the one you stole by highsunning.

Here's some facts for you:

1) Kiting a mob isn't engaging it. Kiting other mini's so another guild can't engage them is... beyond lame.

2) As for who pulled Reparm first, there is indeed a way to tell - Health of Target's Target. Guess what.. he want from having no target, to having Isloor, to having me. Aside from the ~2 seconds he was on Shorduk after Isloor FDed while I casted a spell. Go you, Shorduk.

3) I've seen some lame stuff in my time, I've butted heads with other guilds.. but never thought I'd see the day that another guild highsuns a guild's mob. You guys rule!!!!

AIM: Kemorakementari
Kemora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 03:25 PM   #33
Blackmoonx

Actually, PoF has been a 2 guild raid area. Despite the lag. Tables camp and castle 1 coth camp. First come, first serve on mobs.

Training, highsuning, and kiting mobs before engaging to keep competition from beating you to the next kill is extremely lame. I only wish more GMs stood around invis policing and nailing people like that.

-Patrixx
Blackmoonx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 03:34 PM   #34
Ping
Will port for cyber

3) I've seen some lame stuff in my time, I've butted heads with other guilds.. but never thought I'd see the day that another guild highsuns a guild's mob.
Blah, this is yesterday's trick. Happens to me all the time.

I must be....(say it with me)...

CURSED!!
Ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 03:38 PM   #35
Denshi

Kemor honestly i only know what the rest of the puller channel tells me. I guess i was used to having one guild at bird/c1 then another at tables, each pulling minis, what happend to upset me was the fact that you guys moved into tables after killing 5 or so minis. I had honestly never seen a guild do it before, and i personally thought it was a little rude. In all truth i really dont have anything against your guild, however it was honestly a very strefful situation that simply exculated. More then likely in the future i hope we dont have so many conflicts, until then we'll just have to deal with it. Honestly fire is the fastest way to equip people, with easy drops that take very little time. Expecting a guild to sit buy and let another guild take it every repop isnt really gonna happen. Anyways best of luck to you, and maybe one of these days i can connect to eq again ><

drakith 65 monk
cries of insurrection
Denshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 03:47 PM   #36
Ell

Default Kiting multiple mobs

We had no intention of moving, until we realized you were kiting multiple field 2 mobs around at once. At that point, all bets were off. And we didn't even enter c2 until you had wiped to magma, you had your chance. The flopping of the mobs, and the AEs, which I've heard no defense yet from anyone, was just the beginning of the typical CoI display of their people skills.
Ell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 03:52 PM   #37
Denshi

true k heres my question, say we had only pulled magma, you guys engaged blaizax and killed him, would you still have moved up into c2? I guess i can understand your viewpoint in regards to kiting the 2 named. Also my other question if you had killed both blaizax and omni would yah have processed to pull archmage/reparm from c2?

drakith
65 monk
cries of insurrection
Old 04-05-2004, 03:58 PM   #38
Awdd

Send a message via AIM to Awdd

I must be....(say it with me)...

CURSED!!
Thought it was just glyphed iirc ~
Eksel - Cleric - Emarr -> Firiona Vie
Awdd - Monk - Emarr
Banisher - Paladin - Emarr
Awdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 03:59 PM   #39
TavianX

/pulls up 3 Lay Z Boys for Fulc, Fanon, & Me.

/Hands Fanon and Fulcrum Popcorn and orders 3 margaritas with salt

The plot thickens me thinks! b

Guild Leader of True Alliance

"Yer Muthur smellz of Sarnak een yer Fathur wuz a Rangah!"
TavianX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 04:03 PM   #40
Eldo

Ping wrote,

yeah but we do this shit to you for fun on otherwise boreing raids.
Old 04-05-2004, 04:17 PM   #41
FanonFaythunder
ThreadKiller, Bitches

Mike n' Ikes, anyone?

Old 04-05-2004, 04:20 PM   #42
Fulcrum

/Hands Fanon and Fulcrum Popcorn and orders 3 margaritas with salt
You now I been sober for 7 yrs now......damn you
Old 04-05-2004, 04:26 PM   #43
Heeth

Default Highsun powa

Highsun > all

This is way to funny.

I am deeply sorry it happened to Ascendence. In face Asc is a awesome guild on Emarr, but that is the funniest shit i have read on this board in a long time.

Nice rant Iuedain. Your right, CoI is in fact a pretty shady guild as a whole. Few nice people but the bad apples outweigh the good ones.

Ya know, I would go as far as saying...

Hukis is to Individuals

as

CoI is to Guilds

Think about it...

Take care Emar.
Heeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 04:26 PM   #44
Ping
Will port for cyber

Thought it was just glyphed iirc ~
Oh right. Cursed was just the AE TLs.

I suppose I'm glad someone got it.
Ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 04:27 PM   #45
Linasu

It would seem that not everyone in Ascendence believes everything their pullers tell them.
Immediately after Reparm was taken from Cries' monks I got a tell from a friend in Ascendence saying that what they did was lame, uncalled for, and he appologized to me for his guilds actions hopeing I wouldn't have ill feelings toward him.
Believe what you want, but there is a fact - Ascendence stole Reparm.
Cries knows the truth, perhaps Ascendence is posting here so that they have the rest of the community to back them up and tell us how "evil, mean, and selfish" we are so that their bad deeds will go unnoticed.
~Go You~
Linasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 04:28 PM   #46
Heeth

Actually...

Can we just call them Cries of Hukis?
Heeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 04:30 PM   #47
Brigiid

Send a message via AIM to Brigiid
Wow, we made it what, a week without CoI-bashing?

And where the hell is my margarita?

*pouts*
Old 04-05-2004, 04:34 PM   #48
Denshi

spare us the crap in relating us to hukis, when he was with our guild, he was a fine member that didnt do anything bad, however since he has left, none of the things he does should at all relate to us. Thats like saying oh this person was a member of that guild, so that guild must be crappy because of him. Btw the only thing that i feel we really might have done wrong that night in fire was kiting the 2 mobs away so ascendance couldnt pull them. As far as reparm, if we indeed agro him first, then i might have been very well for us to reclaim our mob. Anyways continue ranting, i'm bored =/
Old 04-05-2004, 04:40 PM   #49
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

spare us the crap in relating us to hukis, when he was with our guild, he was a fine member that didnt do anything bad, however since he has left, none of the things he does should at all relate to us.
If he was so great then why isnt he still member?
chukzombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 04:42 PM   #50
Denshi

*shrug* said he was quiting eq, when he left the guild for whatever reasons

drakith
65 monk
cries of insurrection