Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2003, 07:01 AM   #26
hoppkins

Send a message via AIM to hoppkins
I agree there, they should NOT release it. Right now they are calling what is being shown on 26th as BETA 4....basically covering ass if you ask me.

Look at EQ when it was released, couldnt even use R to reply to people.
hoppkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 11:23 AM   #27
Codsan
The Codfather

It looks like Sony are still camping the beta boards deleting the "omfg I fell through the world and my character is perma-dead!" threads as they appear.
Codsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 06:48 AM   #28
Codsan
The Codfather

The NDA has been dropped.

I'll may post my reet beta sploits if I can overcome this deep seated moral objection I have to the idea.
Old 06-20-2003, 07:05 AM   #29
Deviator

Originally posted by Codsan
The NDA has been dropped.

I'll may post my reet beta sploits if I can overcome this deep seated moral objection I have to the idea.
morals are for pansies now give us the dirt hehe
Deviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 09:43 AM   #30
Codsan
The Codfather

OK, screw it I'll talk.

These were all discovered with the help of my good friends and regular group in beta: Bobaa Fettt, Luek Sckyywalkar, Bobbaa Fet, Chewwbaka, and Haan Soloo.

Some things you need to know about the game -

If you want to form a player association (guild), you need a PA house. The catch is there is a very limited number of build sites for PA houses, so you plan on moving your guild there you'll need to powerlevel an architect to build one ASAP. I'm guessing the rush will be on from day one to do this so you'd better get cracking. Once build sites run out you can't create a guild until one opens.

After you log into the game, ignore the lag and lack of content. Walk out into the wilderness and proceed to get owned. Eventually you'll skill up one rank and be able to kill mobs in one shot.

Every mob and PC have three pools - Health, Action, and Mind.
Make sure EVERYONE in your guild uses the same weapon you
do, because every weapon does damage do a different pool. Pistols do health damage, carbines do action damage, and rifles do mind damage. If you're the only pistol user in a group of carbine users, your damage won't matter for shit because you're attacking a different "pool" than the other players. Imagine if in EQ, mobs had three hit point bars and you discovered you were attacking a totally different one than anyone else.

Ok now for the sploits. I and others have bugged these and talked about them on the board only to have our posts deleted:

The game is capped at 30FPS. It's possible to raise your framerate higher by editing an .ini file, but if you do that you run the risk of clipping through the world and falling INTO the world. You can also clip through walls and into buildings which is really handy in PVP combat since you can't attack through walls. Well YOU can since you can still see your target. Just find a spot where you can clip in and out at will and attack your foes. This framerate limitation was explained as a limitation of the game engine/network code and couldn't be worked around.

Mobs can go UNDER the world to chase you. See that safe looking building you think you can run inside of to safety? Get ready for that mob to chew the soles of your feet off.

Mobs cannot cross bridges however. You can pull a mob to a bridge and cross it and they'll stand on the other side spinning in place while you shoot with impunity from the other side.

You can create macros with thousands of lines by opening the "macros.iff" file in your SWG directory and copy+pasting. As of this writing there was no limit as to how long a macro could be.

If you're a scout, you don't have to go into town to get healed. Just set up camp. You'll heal slower than you would in town, but camps (2 bones 4 hides) are a LOT quicker and easier to make than Medic woundkits that require an astounding 8 organic and inorganic to make. It's faster to use a camp than it is to harvest or sample the natural resources. Did I mention that the entire Medic class is horribly broken?

It's possible to build a structure on top of someone else's structure. If you want to shut down a rival guild's harvesters or factories, just build a house next to them so that the walls of the house overlap their structure. If you're really really mean you can trap them inside their own house.

You can rename a crafted item to anything you want. Yep you can call that CDEF pistol a D44 Metal if you're so inclined.

If you are attacked by anything, you automatically go into combat mode. There is no way around this other than hitting /peace or your peace hotkey.

More later.

-Cod

EDIT: for clarity

Last edited by Codsan; 06-20-2003 at 10:05 AM.