This game is an addiction. Discuss.
Bobobobobobobn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 10:10 PM   #2
Imzakhor

You are a dickhead. The End.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:19 PM   #3
Netura

Send a message via AIM to Netura
bob isn't a dickhead he is a cool guy. anyoene whoo gives me an account wiht a bard and necrophile on it is p1mp. LIKE bOBOBOBOBbOBN.
Old 09-03-2005, 12:02 AM   #4
jarezath

Send a message via AIM to jarezath
bobobobobobob is an ass!

Don't think your having all the fun,
You know me I hate everyone.
jarezath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 09:08 AM   #5
Dephes

Netura is an ass /nod! mwuaha!

and i have a quite nice 1 thank you very much!

Proud Member of Reviction.
Dephes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 06:35 AM   #6
Ugnozz

On the thought that this game is addictive is pathetic. Its a game, its not a ciggerette. Wake up people, I can easily walk away from this game anytime i want like i have in the last month. I have not logged on once. I generally log on here to read stupid shit like this cause i get a great laugh outta it.
Ugnozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 09:17 AM   #7
Qris

Send a message via AIM to Qris
Haven't you retired like 6 times?
Qris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 10:46 AM   #8
Ugnozz

Close bud 3, Took me those 3 times to realize that everquest is not a LIFE. For the remark now I am gonna say that I did come back cause i missed a few friends. But the game does not mean shit to me compared to RL. Maybe all you fuckers with 1000 and some aas should realize the same. Good idea i think so. Half the fuckin EQ folks that sit at their desks and itch their ass wondering what way to attack OMM or sleeper for 10 hours a day should look at the real picture. ITS JUST A FUCKIN GAME
Old 09-04-2005, 10:51 AM   #9
Baldary

Pot, meet Kettle.

Baldary
Baldary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 12:16 PM   #10
Hongo

For me it wasn't that I was addicted, it was that I didn't have anything better to do. In my mind if I wasn't playing EQ I would just be watching TV so I didn't stop playing. When I finally realized that leaving my house can provide entertainment, quitting was quite easy. EQ taught me that anything is fine in moderation, i'm glad I learned it from a game rather than heroin or something.

EQ-free for over a year.
Hongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 12:49 PM   #11
Grenoble

Send a message via AIM to Grenoble
Proof that EQ is addictive: Ugnozz quit and lords it over those of us who haven't...

Just like a reformed smoker! Booyah! Carry on.

Laedria Darkestar...BoomBoom Girl of Whit's End
Grenoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 12:09 PM   #12
Ugnozz

No the sad part is I know addictive to non addictive <<smoker. So I can honestly sit here and tell you that this game is not an addiction. Its for those that have no life. Go out and see the world.

News bulletin-New Orleans is under water. Just keeping the people that don't move from your computer informed on what is going on in the US today.

Last edited by Ugnozz; 09-05-2005 at 12:15 PM.
Old 09-05-2005, 12:51 PM   #13
Ice Weasel X
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to Ice Weasel X
Originally Posted by Hongo
EQ-free for over a year.
Who was playing Hongo in MF this year? I thought that was you, but I guess not. Now I'm curious
Old 09-05-2005, 06:33 PM   #14
Hongo

That was Heelzz, my brother.
Hongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 11:53 PM   #15
Banez Wight

Bob is full of shit.
Banez Wight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 12:18 PM   #16
Nadaiia

Send a message via Yahoo to Nadaiia
Default =)

It might not be the same kind of addiction as say to cigarettes or caffeine but it IS an addiction-people with no lives, with nothing else better to do maybe I'll give you a little on that one( only a little) but as Ive observed a few fan faires, and played this game for 5yrs myself I had come to terms with the fact that EQ is an addiction. I work, Im 30+ I go to School Part time and my "no life" is chosen as has my Choice to Cut down on EQ while the weather is nice

Call it what you will-be in denial all you'd like friends but it is what it is

XOs

"Smile and make the world wonder what you are smiling about"
Nadaiia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 03:12 PM   #17
Micker

Default eq

The game is of course VERY mentally addicting. All the things like, AA/levels/items/spells etc. are there to give you small rewards and those pleasures become mentally addicting. Its a very basic concept and it works. EQ is good at finding just the right balance. Too much reward and its not a reward anymore, too little and you will get frustrated. This is why you will see them tweak exp rates, and things like the AA that gives you 30min of double exp are just there to feed your need.

I loved EQ for the years I played. I had times in those years I played way too much. My wife used to hate EQ and I can't blame her looking back. I still managed to work full time and keep my social life active, I was never a hard core, full time job type raider. Still, when you choose to play a game instead of doing real life activities or when the game causes your RL to suffer, then you have a problem. Hell people who watch TV all night have a problem, but its more social with the people who matter, then playing on the computer, so RL people(friends/family) can join you(its not the same typing to some random person in EQ).

I think I have offically quit EQ, but I like to read about it still and maybe this winter, if i'm bored I may play a bit. After a couple months off though, its amazing how much of a grind the game is. I thought about logging in and doing an AA, but why bother?? What a massive waste of time it seems to me now. Don't get me wrong I did have a lot of fun in EQ, but it scares me now. Thinking of spending a whole evening or an afternoon playing EQ inside just frightens me now. I look back at all the time I sunk into it, and it just boggles my mind. I am not putting anyone down who still loves EQ, its was the best game ever. I just don't want that timesink in my life again. Maybe if I am REAL bored this winter, but you should bitch slapped if you spend a beautiful summer day inside in front of the PC.

I have met many people in EQ, but almost all of my close EQ friends don't play anymore. I will probably never talk to them or even ever met them. The relationships you form in EQ, 9 times out of 10, will disappear once you stop playing, so keep your REAL friends and family in the loop or you will be sorry.
Micker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 03:21 PM   #18
Banez Wight

Originally Posted by Micker
...but you should bitch slapped if you spend a beautiful summer day inside in front of the PC.
It's always interesting when people say things like this. I mean, why do people feel like they MUST be outside if its a cool sunny day. Before EQ I used to be a movie hound to some degree. People would ask why I want to sit in a basement and watch movies rather then be outside on a sunny day. Quite frankly, I couldn't understand why people would want to go stand around outside rather then being inside watching a good movie.

The feeling of "MUST BE OUTSIDE BECAUSE ITS NICE" just eludes me I guess. When I was playing rugby I would run a lot outside of our games so that I could keep up my endurance and that was the extent of my desire to spend time out doors. There just isn't much there outside of a social stigmatism against being inside on a nice day.

To this day I still travel to the boundary waters in northern Minnesota every summer and camp out. The kid likes it, the wife likes it, and I get into the canoeing and fishing. In the end there is no real difference in WHERE you spend you time, itís just a matter of how you look at it.

Was it worth it? Was it fun? To those two questions, looking back at EQ, my answers will always be; Yes.
Banez Wight is offline   Reply With Quote