Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Technical Related

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2005, 01:15 AM   #1
Mitch the Blond

Default Any hardware gurus out there?

Would like some advice on new machine spec, I am looking to buy a new PC that will run the very latest titles (both mmorpg & fps) at the highest settings completely smoothly.

The systems I have looked at are:

Athlon FX57/4800x2
2gig medium spec ram (corsair value select)
2 x 300gb sata2 drives raid configured
2 x Geoforce 7800 GTX 512mb sli configured

OR

Athlon 4000
2 gig of same ram as above
same drives as above
2 x Geoforce 7800 GT 256mb Sli configured

The rest of the components on the above systems would remain the same but there is a substantial difference in price, roughly 1,000 !

Would I be right in thinking that the second system would still be good enough to play all current titles at full/maximum settings or do i really need to spend the extra ?

I would like this system to last me for the next 12 months.

Any advice would be warmly welcomed.

Mitch
Old 11-19-2005, 12:24 AM   #2
Azraelwrath

Lets see, I haven't looked at new computer products since this summer, but what you have is just about the top of the line technology, which is much more than you really need for games that are out now. I have just about half the specs on my computer for the one you mentioned and I do just well playing games on high settings.

I would like this system to last me for the next 12 months.
It would last you many years.

Would I be right in thinking that the second system would still be good enough to play all current titles at full/maximum settings or do i really need to spend the extra ?
In my opinion, I'd go for the least costly of the two since what you have is already more than enough and they are just about similar. You could look up benchmark tests to compare the different parts if you want.
SOE Interviewer: You're hired.
Azraelwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 02:36 AM   #3
mepper

I am guessing you mean a RAID 0 setup...I would go for 10k rpm drives not 7200s..and I would get 667 memory..the chip i can't comment on..i have never liked amd as a chipmaker (though some do a lot)
mepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 02:37 PM   #4
Micker

Default computer

Best bang for the buck would be Athlon 4000/FX55 processor or the newer 64bit pentium 4 3.8. I would get an sli board and get ONE 7800gtx card, if money is a concern. I would rather have one 7800gtx then spend the extra money for 2 7800gt. This way you can add another if you want in the future. SLI doesn't always help and usually on most games you will only see a difference at 1600 res., future titles will get more use ot of SLI for sure. 2 gig ram is good.

I just built 2 pcs, with the new pentium 4 64 bit 3.8ghz cpu, 2gb pc 4200 ram, 2 MSI 7800gtx SLI with an ASUS SLI deluxe motherboard, 2 10krpm raptor 75gb drives in raid, DL DVD burner etc.. Awesome system, plays everything FAST!! I have only used one and my other I just finished, I am not going to use. If you are interested I would give you an awesome deal on it(less then cost), else I'm going to throw it on EBAY. Email me at micker99@hotmail.com if you are interested, I can give you the specifics on it.
Micker is offline   Reply With Quote