Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2005, 06:20 AM   #1
Verianna

Send a message via MSN to Verianna Send a message via Yahoo to Verianna
Default Time.....

Ok this may me look a rate n00b but if ya don't ask ya don't learn......

What is the whole 'Time' thing? and why can only one guild at a time do it?

I've never really been interested in the 'high' end stuff because I thought I wouldn't ever get there but at 65 I seem to be getting a bit closer hehe

Thank you

Veri x
Old 05-12-2005, 06:41 AM   #2
Tevaran

The issue with time is that there are several phases to time. The first 3 must be done in a row. Once you have done them in one sitting, the zone is then "instanced" and you can come back on another day to finish it up, with the instanced phases being the ones where you are truly farming great loot.

tev
Old 05-12-2005, 06:47 AM   #3
Verianna

Send a message via MSN to Verianna Send a message via Yahoo to Verianna
Thank you, I feel a lil bit more wise to the world of norrath now heh
Old 05-12-2005, 09:27 AM   #4
Micker

Default time

There are 5 tiers to time and Quarm(big boss at the end). You need to do Tier 1 trials EVERY time you do a time raid. You have to complete Tier one and two in one sitting. If you come back the next night, you have to do Tier 1, but then can go right to Tier 3. If you complete Tier 3, then you can zone into Tier 4. If you come back the next day you need to do Tier 1, but can then go to Tier 4. any gods in Tier 4 you kill will not be there the next night if you don't do it in one night.

Tier 4 contains 4 gods, VZ,TZ,TT,Saryn. When you kill those, you get access to Tier 5 gods. In tier 5 you have CT,BERT,RZ,INNY and then Quarm when they are dead.

I am not exactly sure how the whole instancing thing with other guild works exactly(anyone want to explain in detail?). Basically other guilds are locked out of doing time for a certain amount of time, when one guild is raiding it. If you have several guilds, it causes there to be a need for a rotation on when guilds can raid Time. Soon, Plane of Time will be fully instanced for EACH guild seperately. It won't matter when other guilds raid time, just when your guild does. I believe right now there is a 5 day repop time for Time gods once you kill them.
Micker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 09:31 AM   #5
iuedain

Send a message via AIM to iuedain
The following information may not be correct based on patches in the last 8 months.

There is no "reason" only one guild can raid time. True, there can only be one instance. However, the purpose of the rotation is to avoid cockblocking. See, its incredibly easy to cockblock Time. When you zone in, and your raid prepares to go in the "lobby" as it were, Time itself hasn't even been loaded yet. The instance that loads is that of the first person to click in when no previous timer is active. All it would take to cockblock in time would be someone to click into one of the phase 1 portals before the other raid did. This would initiate his/her phase 1 timer, and since he is not in the raid outside, they can not zone in.

Now, its my understanding that Sony resolved the following issue. If potimeb is empty for 15 minutes, then an instance resets. However, the only chance we ever had to test this in Ascendence was with Divine Grace, in which case, the 15 minute reset did not work and we had to wait until their 2 hours or whatever ended for phase 5. Not their fault Sony's coding didn't work though.

The reason theres a rotation isn't because it will mess up an instance and people would lose progress. Keep in mind that the Time instance that loads is supposed to be based on what raid clicks in. Its because all it takes is some pissed off jackass in another guild clicking into the earth trial portal and gating out that used to screw over raiding for another guild for at least an hour.

Now adays, the purpose of the rotation is so guilds aren't racing to content. Since all it takes is one person to zone into the first trials, it would be possible for a guild to zone in, gate, zone in, gate, zone in, gate, zone in, nuke something, die. Rez, zone in, gate... ect. While his/her guild forms for the raid.

Of course, as you can imagine, this would piss off anyone who had a raid force to do phase1...

Bottom line.

The design of PoTime is too retarded to allow for multiple guilds to compete simultaniously for content. There way too much room for cheap shots and way too many ways to interfere with another persons raid.

I hope this clarifies how time instances work, or did work, and why the rotation is so important.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:41 AM   #6
iuedain

To clarify on timers.

Again, this is how it used to be, it may not be the same now.

As has been said, there are 5 phases to PoTime. When phase 1 begins, a timer starts. When you complete phase 1, any time left over is added to the time allowed to complete phase 2. And so on.

I forget the exact times, but heres a general guess.

Phase 1: 1 hour
Phase 2: 1 hour
Phase 3: 1 hour
Phase 4: 2 hours
Phase 5: 2 hours
Quarm: I don't remember if your given extra time or not for him.

Now, when you complete a phase, any time left over carries onto the next. So if your raid gets to phase 5 in 3 hours and 15 minutes, then you have 3 hours and 45 minutes to do phase 5.

Now, if you run out of time, your raids ported out of Timeb. In order to get back to where you were, you would need to redo phase 1. Once phase 1 is complete, you can continue where you left off. Phase 2 and phase 3 are on 5 day timers. Phase 1 is based on your raids timer. If you ran out of time with only VZ up in phase 4, you could redo phase 1, then run back to phase 4 (no pops) and only VZ would be up.

This occurs if your raid calls it for the night and you come back the next day, as well. And as I said before. Supposidly there is a no-activity timeout on the instances. So, if a guild like CE clears time in 3 hours, its not sitting there with no mobs in it for 4 hours when no one else could raid.

Hope that helps too
Old 05-12-2005, 09:46 AM   #7
iuedain

Its because all it takes is some pissed off jackass in another guild clicking into the earth trial portal and gating out that used to screw over raiding for another guild for at least an hour.
I make it sound like I have a chip on my shoulder there, don't I?
Old 05-12-2005, 10:07 AM   #8
Crystilla
Administrator

Little more updated info on times:

Phase 1: 1 hour
Phase 2: 1 hour
Phase 3: 1 hour (this has +15 or +30 to it; I forget which, so entire timer is 1 hour 15 min or 1 hour 30 min)
Phase 4: 4 hours (1 for each god)
Phase 5: 4 hours (1 for each god)
Quarm: 4 hours (or was it 2?)

If you finish a phase early, your time left over carries onto the next phase.

Timers on Phase 2, Phase 3, Phase 4, Phase 5 and Quarm are 5.5 day respawn after being down. Phase 1 will be up every time you go in as a new raid.
Valorguard
Erollisi Marr server
Crystilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 10:11 AM   #9
Netura

Send a message via AIM to Netura
Phase 1 will always be up when you go in as a new raid, however, unless there has been a time span of 6 (or is it 8?) hours, you will get "shadow of xxxx" instead of the real named, which won't drop loot. To prevent people from farming Phase 1 loot...However, you can still kill the shadows and progress to P2
Old 05-12-2005, 01:04 PM   #10
Crystilla
Administrator

It used to be 18 hours for Phase 1 to have been NOT killed in order to have a named spawn.

Phase 3 is the interesting one - if you wipe on time or give up (after you've killed some named) but before you finish Phase 3, the next time you go in, you'll get PH's for those that you had already killed and named for the waves of mobs you didn't successfully complete.
Valorguard
Erollisi Marr server
Crystilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 01:36 PM   #11
Micker

Default time

I don't buy the reason that time is in rotation, is because you could have some rogue character zone into trials and cockblockother guilds. If you are gonna be that cheesy, then you wouldn't stick to any rotation schedule anyway. As far as having to wait an hour to do a trial, well I know we wait at least an hour to form/make groups for time.

I believe that you can't have multiple instances of a time tier open. I assume that to stop guilds from just getting to time first and raiding before them, a rotation was formed, as to make it easier for guilds who form later in the day to have access to time also. I just wonder how long between instances being cleared, that another guild can raid it?? If its only an hour or so, I don't see why 2-3 guilds couldn't sync something up.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:20 PM   #12
iuedain

Theres a time rotation because if there weren't GM's would force one, and guilds who did not obey a gm enforced rotation would be banned from the zone altogether. You can have as many seperate time instances as you like. If you think I'm bullshitting you, then how about you do some research or ask someone who was in Time a year ago for the reason.

DG and EMJP's time instances never conflicted with another guilds save for before the timeout was introduced EST/PST raid guilds had to wait until DG's instance timed out. When your time runs out your instance depops. The next raid to zone in loads their instance.

It was common for Ascendence to raid time Monday night, clear to phase 5 or whatever, Tuesday, DG would 1 day time. Tuesday night, Ascendence would zone back in and finish up where we left off.

I think I made that pretty clear before posting.

Time instances are only up so long as there is time left on that raids instance. When time runs out, or the instance meets the requirements for a timeout due to inactivity, that instance goes away and anyone, from any guild, can
zone in and have THEIR instance be up, not the previous instance.

Ask a member of Magister or DG that was in the guild when they broke into PoTime. The time rotation on emarr was a result of a threat from a gm, create one or I will. Or so, thats what I was told long ago when Mag, DG, and MF were the only 3 guilds on Emarr in PoTime.

Last edited by iuedain; 05-13-2005 at 02:36 PM.
iuedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 09:25 AM   #13
Micker

Default time

Well, then why is the rotation not hourly instead of daily?? You can't have multiple instances of the same Tier or else what would it matter if 3 guilds did time at the same time?? I woul dlike to see some hard facts about time instances and the REAL reason that only one guild can raid Time at once.
Old 05-15-2005, 12:24 PM   #14
Isloor

Time instances are not like LDoN or DoN instances where multiple forces can go hopping in one after the other. Time instances are like a CD changer. Only one CD can be playing at any given time, but there are CDs present for every raid that enters Time. When a raid enters Time, its CD gets loaded, while all the other CDs just sit off to the side. Each little CD is its own separate world that is merrily ticking away with a timer that is tracking when the zone will repop. After the raid in Time leaves for the night, the zone resetsafter a) 15 minutes with no one present or b) instantly if the raid was ported out due to running out of time within their instance. This would be like reaching the end of the CD that was playing. Any other CD could now be placed in there (representing a new raid entering and their data uploading into the zone) or the original raid could re-enter (like hitting the repeat button to play the same CD). In short: Time is retarded in how it's instancing works. It's not truly instanced yet (see June sometime for that) and that is why it used to be referred to as a partially instanced zone in that your own world was being kept track of but only one raid could be in the zone at any time.
Old 05-16-2005, 07:35 AM   #15
Siene

Send a message via AIM to Siene
Time can, and always has been, 2 active instances at a time, period. And, those instances could not be raided at the same time. Ie, if a day time guild raided time Mon/Tues, a different pm guild could also raid Time Mon/Tues. So, it could always support/remember, 2 instances at a time. But, it has never been able to have two raiding guilds in the zone, raiding their instance at the same time. The proposed change to Time is that it will become completely instanced, meaning, it will support/remember unlimited instances at the same time. In theory if all 8 Time raiding guilds on the server wish to all raid Time on Monday night, they can.

The repop timer on T1 named is 12 hours unless they changed it recently.

Last edited by Siene; 05-16-2005 at 09:42 AM.
Siene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 09:15 PM   #16
Uruz Magnuson

Send a message via Yahoo to Uruz Magnuson
actually my understanding of why the rotation was set up was because you could mess up somebody elses intance. if guild a goes in and clears up to quarm, but doesn't kill him, thier instance stays at that point. but if guild b comes along and starts an instance, they have thier own instance, from scratch. but some one from guild a zones into time while guild b is doing thier instance, it messes up the instance for guild a and they have to scratch. i could be mixing up which guild has to go in first, but that was the reason i was told as to why the rotation was set up.