Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2005, 12:40 PM   #1
Cereberial

Default Time Rotation Post Merger?

With less than 2 weeks to go, should we start thinking about how the new server will handle rotation/reservations on mobs.

I think with the exception of Time both servers are FFA on all mob right now, and the merged server woudl also be FFA. Time is the only zone to create a bit of a problem. Given how the zone is set up we should figure out how we will rotate Time until the developpers create an instanced zone. Right now I would think:

Magister - Not Interested
CE - Not Interested
Rev - Not Interested
Triune - Not Intersted
MF = Still Farms
Affliction = Still Farms
AV = Still Farms
PE = Still Farms
Discos = Still Farms
Voe = Still Farms
WE = Still Farms

This would put 7 guilds on a time rotation until they make Time 100% instanced. Key question is how do we implement a rotation? Suggestion would be that we go in reverse order of this list (Revers order of progression) and give each guild two days to clear, if a guild takes one day to clear we move to the next guild on the list a day early. We could also add the Guilds who have moved past time into the list, and assume they are passing unless they explicitly state they want their next turn on the rotation.

Would probably make sense for all the guild leaders in the active raiding guilds to get together some time next week to touch base, make sure we are all on the same wavelength in terms of how to deal with contested mobs, etc.

Cereberial
Primal Evolution
Old 05-06-2005, 12:41 PM   #2
korast

they'll instance it soon. I say freeforall chaos till then. Much funner that way anyways
korast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 12:47 PM   #3
Netura

Send a message via AIM to Netura
Not gonna respond to korast

However...giving guilds such as WE and, grudgingly, VoE only 2 days to clear time is utterly rediculous. These guilds have just broken into Time, and haven't killed Quarm yet, and obviously don't have the strats, or gear, to fluidly kill in time to clear it in 2 nights.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:52 PM   #4
Aarial

The original time rotation was you got a week if you were a new guild. Every other guild could take up to a week but most didn't need that. I think it eventually came down to 3 days before the next person could go if no one attempted time.

High Priestess Aprell

Exemplar of Karana
Retired cause I'm playing WOW!
Aarial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 01:04 PM   #5
Cereberial

Our Rotation went every 6 days you were up (5 guild rotation), so in effect you needed to clear in 2 days as it would reset your next day.

Max Time Clear = 12H15M with no failures or stops which is 2 LONG days of raiding for most guilds, but if you can't clear in 2 days its not due to zone design, its because your learning the mob or simply lack the resources.

The one fair point is that some days are worse off than others in terms of the number of people who play. IE Sat is a much worse day than others.

I'm not sure FFA will work in a zone where 1 group can ensure no one else zones in, and where GM's will enforce a rotation if we don't come up with one.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:16 PM   #6
Micker

Default time

It will be instanced probably before the next rotation, don't waste your time worrying about it. About time(no pun intended) that they instanced Time. Being a long time stopping zone for high end raid guilds, it will just get more and more crowded. Luckily, some guilds outgrow Time and relieve the rotation a bit. Cheers for full Time instance!!

BTW, is whit's end raiding time now or just got time flagged, still waiting to kill the gods 2x?? Whit's end homepage seems broken, anyone got a good link??

EDIT: Just checked and looks like time will be instanced in like june/july. Maybe the guilds who really don't really need to pharm time anymore, can not raid it for a couple months ??

Last edited by Micker; 05-06-2005 at 01:37 PM.
Micker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 01:28 PM   #7
Crystilla
Administrator

They indicated in writing somewhere (think Sony boards) that they were going to do it "possibly" in June (mid month perhaps), so that gives a full month for mayhem and fun to quote Korast.
Valorguard
Erollisi Marr server
Crystilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 01:34 PM   #8
Keldarn

BTW, is whit's end raiding time now or just got time flagged, still waiting to kill the gods 2x?? Whit's end homepage seems broken, anyone got a good link??
www.whitsendguild.net
Old 05-06-2005, 01:54 PM   #9
Tamyre

Send a message via AIM to Tamyre Send a message via Yahoo to Tamyre
It needs to be instanced where all guilds could go in and not effect the other. But I see that being a day long patch with 5+ patches to follow to fix their screw ups...

/wave Blae!
President of the Fafner Fan Club!
Cause I said so!

Abiagael
Shadow Priestess [ 70 ] of the Horde
Kilrogg Server
World of Warcraft
Tamyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 04:49 PM   #10
solemneyes

The old rotation on Emarr (Put in place by GM intervention originally) used to be 4 days max for each guild... We had 4 guilds in said rotation for quite some time. Once all 4 guilds mastered time it amounted to a once a week trip to time really. Not all of the guilds listed as still farms actually have been actively farming time btw I know we (Affliction) have not been there in several months.
solemneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 07:15 PM   #11
jarezath

Send a message via AIM to jarezath
korast=smartest man alive!

Don't think your having all the fun,
You know me I hate everyone.
jarezath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 08:49 PM   #12
Gimliie

Seems that you guys rot has worked quite a bit different than ours. Every guild has got 1 day ever since Disco joined the rot. It was luck that with there only being 5 guilds in the rot we were able to do a 2 day clear. I am not for sure on the rest of the server but i do now that

Disco: 2days to clear.
PE: im not sure they might be doing 1 day i really dont know
AV: 1 day clear im pretty sure
Triune: im gona say 1 day
Rev: 1day

I am not sure how offten REV and Triune still go to time, but i am sure that Disco, PE, and AV are still actively farming it. It seems a little out there to me to suggest that each guild should get a week or 4 days or something. 2 days is all that i have ever known of anyone even new guilds needing to clear time.

The only dev reply i have handy is
As Gordish mentioned earlier, instancing Time is a large undertaking. We'll likely need help on our Test server when it gets pushed and if things go well, we should be able to release it early this Summer. Hope that helps.
we all should know how offten SOE's stuff goes as planed so i would not be counting on it anytime real soon.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:49 PM   #13
Eldrynn

Send a message via MSN to Eldrynn
Who cares? EQ is dead anyway...

And with her panties pulled taut across the crotch, it looked like a car had run over Chewbacca.
Eldrynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 01:01 AM   #14
Bludysky
Professional Twitch B*tch

Please list guild leader's names of MT guilds that are still farming Time so they can be contacted... VoE's is Jexibella just BTW

"Many a man's reputation would not know his character if they met on the street."
- Elbert Hubbard
Bludysky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 04:51 AM   #15
brihanna iceravyn

Primal Evolution's guild leader = Cereberial...and I know when we talk to Discos, we're normally talking to Chisy, and if talking to AV, it's usually Tumnayar (whether they're the usual contacts or just the ones that PE officers talk to, I'm not sure). Reviction and Triune normally don't go in much, but their leaders are Janson and Jordaan respectively. Any Discos or AV people can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on who to talk to btw, cuz to be honest, I'm just going with the names I hear when one of the other PE officers are trying to talk to one of them.
brihanna iceravyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 07:43 AM   #16
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Originally Posted by Eldrynn
Who cares? EQ is dead anyway...
I'm just curious if you whine as much about finding EQ2 groups/guilds/raids as you did EQ1?

EQ's dead to you. If you're going to try to piss in other people's wheaties, best not to do it into the wind.
Old 05-07-2005, 08:10 AM   #17
Gimliie

Disco- Chisy, or Panazule Chisy deals with most of the raid stuff
Old 05-07-2005, 10:07 AM   #18
bemien

I've heard CE does still go back and do time every now and then, but I could be wrong.
Old 05-08-2005, 10:57 AM   #19
Grishkalur

Triune still plans to go once a month for a while longer. Right now it's a 5 day rotation on MT but we only go on whichever 5th day lands on a Friday or Saturday.

Be not afraid of greatness. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon 'em---William Shakespeare
Grishkalur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 11:22 AM   #20
Brigiid

Send a message via AIM to Brigiid
Whit's End

We haven't begun raiding Time yet.

We've beaten FRo and Xegony 2+ times each. We've done Coirnav and RC once each. We'll definitely be attempting Coirnav again in the near future. RC is a recent kill that flagged the majority of our active raiders, so outside of doing it again to please the gods of the server rotation, we don't have much of a need for that one again anytime soon. The idea of doing RC again just to make someone else happy sorta makes my stomach turn. I'm all Tiki'd out.

We technically have enough people fully flagged to raid in Time. To be on the safe side, we'll hit Coirnav once more before we really attempt to raid there on a regular basis, just to finish up the few flags that might tip the scales between "by the skin of our teeth" and a good shot at success.
Brigiid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 08:49 AM   #21
Ysall

Default Crimson Eternity and Time

Whilst CE is no longer doing Time on a regular basis, we still go back around once a month to 6 weeks to equip our newer arrivals.

Whilst CE would not wish to take a formal slot in a rotation, we don't want to trample on the toes of people who are.

If we are going to do Time, we will try give reasonable notice, and ask in advance if we can take a day (we won't take more than a day).
Old 05-09-2005, 10:33 AM   #22
Mender

Send a message via AIM to Mender Send a message via Yahoo to Mender
Magister does a twink farm session every so often on a Saturday. We haven't done one if a few weeks. We will probably do more, at some point in the near future. We usually clear it in a few hours.

Trapper
Official Loot Whore
Magister
Mender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 12:15 PM   #23
Janson01

rev sometimes visit potime(maybe once every 6-7 weeks), usualy on saturday afternoon, for a few hours.
Janson01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 07:00 AM   #24
Ysall

Just out of curiousity, is the 'have to kill all Gods Twice' thing still in play. Now you can get your backflags from Tier 3, it seems an obsolete requirement to get onto the rota, and a needless waste of effort.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:05 AM   #25
Tevaran

I have never even heard of that policy to be honest.

SoM killed Xeg x2, Corniev, FR x about a million.. We have over 90% of the guild flagged 3/4.

When we get RC, we will get it on a night where again, we can get 90% of the guild time flagged.. I see no reason to go back and do them again to be honest.

tev