Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2005, 06:13 PM   #26
Camien Ta`Mire

Send a message via AIM to Camien Ta`Mire Send a message via MSN to Camien Ta`Mire Send a message via Yahoo to Camien Ta`Mire
Fixed it, it works, I'm back. Again. I guess...needs more RAM though :/
Camien Ta`Mire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 06:59 PM   #27
korast

Your awfully proud of the pooper of a comp you have.
korast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 08:48 PM   #28
skafloc1

Is this thing still on ...

/Wave

Skaf
Old 08-17-2005, 09:08 PM   #29
belgerrigmore

skaffy !!!!! holy crap bro long time no hear send em a tell next time your on , antonius.rahvin or antonius.dunda
Old 08-18-2005, 06:29 AM   #30
Camien Ta`Mire

Send a message via AIM to Camien Ta`Mire Send a message via MSN to Camien Ta`Mire Send a message via Yahoo to Camien Ta`Mire
It's actually not that bad. And I have a list of things I want to upgrade, but I work at Wal-Mart and have a ton of bills, so I'll get to that list...later. :/
Old 08-18-2005, 07:07 AM   #31
korast

Working at walmart is not an excuse for being poor, its a reason. Find another job.
korast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 03:13 PM   #32
Dragoonslair

Holly walk down memory lane this was... anyone still view this forum? Was this before the whole "send e-mail alert" when a new post happens?
Dragoonslair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 04:05 AM   #33
Camien Ta`Mire

Some of us are STILL here...
Old 03-26-2014, 10:12 AM   #34
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

due to the retarded winter we had on the east coast i ended up spending an insane amount of time at home because my work was closed. and while i was home i started watching everquest videos on youtube. lots from shaman or SKs on project 1999. some of those people played just terribly, it made me come back to live eq in january for free to play and now i have gone gold. dunno how long i am here for. the winter is over and the weather is almost springlike so i dont have much time anymore, but i still manage to grab a few levels each week on chuk or my little SK, Hekatey.

the best part about coming back is how NICE everyone is to me and to others in game. after the 3 or more years of competitive gaming i had before i retired in 2003 it was amazing how many people will come help you out if you asked for it. my sk soloes a lot and she needs a rez almost every day. i have offered to pay for someone to come rez my corpse, but people so, no charge and give me a great rez , but also buff me up. back in the day if you dragged your corpse over to a cleric they would either ignore you or go tell you to fuck off. lots of fun still to be had in everquest.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:12 AM   #35
Ogmuk
Administrator

Hi chukzombi. Nice to see you back in EQ (although I'm not). Is the 'new' EQ any good compared to the old EQ/project 1999?
Old 03-30-2014, 07:55 PM   #36
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

Originally Posted by Ogmuk View Post
Hi chukzombi. Nice to see you back in EQ (although I'm not). Is the 'new' EQ any good compared to the old EQ/project 1999?
hiyas wouter, good to see you too. im glad you still keep this board going. well EQ is not the same game anymore in a lot of different ways. after the popularity of games like WoW they toned down many difficulties in game we came to accept as normal.

running everywhere if you cant bribe a wizard usually could take up to an hour just to reach your destination on the same continent. now you have a zone like plane of knowledge which has many portals to different zones so you are never more than a few minutes run from where you want to go, they also have a feature where you can plan your route and a golden path opens up before you leading you to each zoneline or portal.

death in everquest and the sometimes hours of CR you or your group/raid could suffer if you totally messed up. now you dont spend any time because when you die, you can pop back at your bind point with all your gear/spells/items intact on your person, your corpse is naked. no more naked runs. and if you die in a bad spot you can go to a zone off the plane of knowledge called the Guild Lobby where there is an NPC for a fee based on your level will summon all your corpses to you so you can get a rez. since the introduction of mercenaries, there are tons of ways you can get a rez on your naked corpses. can you believe that they now have 90% rezzes for shaman and druids? or if i am a melee non cleric, i can just group you with my cleric merc and it will give you a 90% rez and also give you the best cleric buffs for your/its level.

speaking of mercs (mercenaries) you can hire one to play with you and it takes some plats from you every 15 minutes as payment, it scales up as you level so its not too spendy. the better merc you get the more expensive it can become though. chuk at lv 85 has a j1 ogre warrior merc, i could go for a j5 which is the best there is but i havent done so yet. but the j1 or the journeyman level 1 warrior merc is a beast and as i level so does he. i no longer need a group if i want to exp somewhere because i got pet and merc to rip stuff up. my 74ish SK Hekatey Muk has a j1 wizard which can bomb the hell out of any mob, they go batshit if you set them to "BURN" and my sk can not possibly generate enough hate to protect him. what i usually do is set the wizard to "BALANCED" which means the wizard still drops them bombs but now they do so with non agro spells to lessen the chance of stealing hate and getting squished. my sk hasnt used her wiz merc in a while because im ripping up the mobs just fine and the drawback of a merc is they leech exp just like a regular group member would.

Alternate Advancement auto-granting. this is something they added about a month ago. in the old days you could level to max, then grind out AA points the same way by killing exp giving mobs. now if you have a regular subscription after about level 50 when you ding a new level you automatically get all the AAs you could get at that level. when i went from a silver (free to play) member to "gold" (subscribed) chuk was 82 and he got hit with about 4000+ new AA points assigned and automatically listed in all the skills he could get. my sk at 74ish has about 2k AA points.

Gear upgrades. in the old days you had to camp certain mobs or be in certain groups/guilds to get halfway decent armor or at the least you had to spend a ton of time working on your crafting skills or live in EC tunnel trading for what you wanted. all those days are over. east commons zone has 0 people in it. people buy everything off the bazaar. its where people can buy whatever gear they want off afk PC chars selling their wares. its like auction house in WoW. those people get their gear from killing mobs themselves and because they introduced Defiant Armor. you can buy incredible gear for almost nothing.
the gear is so incredible, that a lv 50 noob in full defiant gear would easily be equal or better than what i was wearing at lv 60+ in a top guild playing 12 hours a day and hoping for the loot i want to drop.

spells, all spells are sold in plane of knowledge now off their respective class vendors. gone are the days when an uber guild can have all the best spells because only they can kill x mob for its rare drop spells. as chuk back in the days of velius and afterward i had quite a few server first shaman spells and while its cool to have things nobody else has or can get. it must have sucked for joe schmoe shaman who is just trying to keep his family guild alive at small raid events.

mudflation, while things have gotten terribly easy, the game balance has been severely messed up. i have 1500hp/1500mana items now with tons of stats all over it and i have not raided at all since i been back, just from junk i picked up at the bazaar. that being said, the amount of currency trading hands is also insane. i had somebody offer me a million plats for my manastone even though my manastone no longer works in any zones that were introduced after classic. i didnt take the offer because i still keep all my old stuff for nostalgic reasons, but now people are "collectors" and since they introduced player houses or guild houses, some people can hang up their items on walls. or at least thats what i get told. i dont have a player made home and the Magister Guild House doesnt look very decorated.

there have been lots of other changes to make the game easier for people who no longer have unlimited hours to play. i play about 2 hours a day and i make good progress. there is an AA ability, "Lesson of the Devoted" which for 30 minutes every 14 hours will double any exp you get. with my SK on dark blue mobs at 73 going on 74 with no downtime, i make about 2 full bubbles on my exp bar in that 30 minutes. i no longer have time to play all day, so things like this really help somebody like me. i can play at my own pace and do what i need to do and with help from internet guides and walkthrough videos on youtube there really isnt much i cant find out about anymore. this weekend i started my shadowknight 1.0 epic and with some luck i will able to solo the whole quest in a few weeks, one guy did it in a day.

overall i would say give it a go, its free. you can make your way very easily. just read all the descriptions on things and dont be afraid to ask . people will help. sure there are still a few jerks around, but they are the minority.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:10 PM   #37
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

some things i forgot to add. defiant armor drops off random mobs in every zone each type of defiant is dependent on the mobs levels. you dont need to go somewhere specific to get it. and while armor is incredibly mudflated. so are the mobs. chuk unbuffed is sitting at 33k HP. yet lv 85 mobs hit in the thousands x 3 or 4. i get messed up just as easily as i would in the old days. what i have been doing was level in the oldschool zones where the mobs still hit comparatively mild. just so my downtime doesnt suck. oh and there are still uber items in game. the defiant gear is just there so you can play in most zones, the uber stuff is still several steps above what drops off yard trash. i saw a 89/30 800hp/800mana lv 75 required paladin 2 hander rotting on a named mob in plane of fire because nobody wanted it. this is not uncommon for similar loot in other zones.

Last edited by chukzombi; 03-30-2014 at 08:17 PM.
chukzombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 02:25 PM   #38
Hothgar

hi chuk!
Hothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:23 AM   #39
furo

So chuk given all the stuff you wrote about mercs, does anyone casually use the lfg tool to gain exp and levels? The only thing missing in all that you wrote seems to be the social aspect of the game (even in a non-raid type play style).
furo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 07:49 AM   #40
Egat

Send a message via Yahoo to Egat
I see groups formed within General Chat all the time, not sure anyone bothers with the lfg tool anymore. Grouping still occurs although the surest groups come from guilds or friends lists, just like the old days.
Egat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 03:33 PM   #41
furo

Default W

Interesting - what about random pickup raids with 10-12 people?
furo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 06:50 AM   #42
Crystilla
Administrator

There are some open raids done weekly on server on set days by a couple of guilds/alliances.

During the anniversary season (which we're still in but winding down on) you could find some random pickup raids for the anniversary raids which give everyone in the raid an aug.
Valorguard
Erollisi Marr server
Crystilla is offline   Reply With Quote