Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2012, 08:15 PM   #1
Khel

Default Calling affliction & old school members

Amazed to see these forums are still around. I played a character named Khelder and started Affliction a long time ago (12 years?). Permanent awesome memories from those days. I wanted to check in and see if anyone was playing guild wars 2 -- it is the first MMO I have been able to play since EQ. I play more casually these days, but thought I'd reach out and see if anyone wants to catch up. Or, if any of you keep in touch for any sort of semi consistent gaming. Gonna throw some names out below for some SEO goodness.

Shaz
Nath
Tuan
Jarric
Eurmother
Fuan
Carathos
Wildane
Haknukem
Gloriana
Santhini
Morzinynin
Tsun
Slayne
Naele

And 100s of other awesome people I played with.

Khel
Old 10-16-2012, 06:42 AM   #2
Slayne

Send a message via AIM to Slayne
I don't think I'll ever forget you and Jarric. Some of my first regular party members in EQ from evil eye maze... place, to our first guild adventures as affliction into the planes/OS.

I'm in GW2, though I don't get to play much. Gaming time gets split between several games at once and right now I'm in a possible transit back to the East coast, so I'm playing on a bed/coffee table (not very comfortable for mmo's since I can't use a controller).

Slayne.9186 is my ID, if any of you old Emarr folks want to look me up
Old 10-16-2012, 06:49 AM   #3
Elwyn

Hey Khelder!
Elwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:44 PM   #4
Bosley

Originally Posted by Khel View Post
Amazed to see these forums are still around. I played a character named Khelder and started Affliction a long time ago (12 years?). Permanent awesome memories from those days. I wanted to check in and see if anyone was playing guild wars 2 -- it is the first MMO I have been able to play since EQ. I play more casually these days, but thought I'd reach out and see if anyone wants to catch up. Or, if any of you keep in touch for any sort of semi consistent gaming. Gonna throw some names out below for some SEO goodness.

Shaz
Nath
Tuan
Jarric
Eurmother
Fuan
Carathos
Wildane
Haknukem
Gloriana
Santhini
Morzinynin
Tsun
Slayne
Naele

Khel

There's something missing from your list, I just can't quite put my finger on it.

Bosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:28 AM   #5
Islington

Howdy,

This is the old Quistil. I come by these boards about once a year or so but haven't played since mid 2004. Moved on to other games and real life. Played WOW for awhile hardcore and super casual, The Old Republic for about 3 months and I play Guild Wars 2 very casually now. Got married in real life and so I don't do the online gaming nearly as much as I used to though I am intrigued with EQ Next.

Anyway, I remember not leaving on the best of terms. I also remember being super burnt out with the game and, in hindsight, I should have made a more graceful exit a few months before I quit cold turkey. So better late than never but my apologies to anyone who felt I wronged them. With that being said, to this day Affliction was still the best guild I was ever a part of in any online game and I have a ton of really good memories to offset those bad ones such as our first North Temple of Veeshan raids. I also remember that we had the best damn cleric crew in the game (in my humble opinion).

Anyway, take care all and hope everyone is doing well.
Islington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:14 PM   #6
Chiatae

Originally Posted by Bosley View Post
There's something missing from your list, I just can't quite put my finger on it.
That would be "The Rack" (tm)

I've played GW2 off and on... and I swear I saw someone with an Affliction guild tag, but didn't talk to them.

Also curious as to other Affliction members still around and who might be interested in EQ Next?

Chiatae, aka Cow
:O
Chiatae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:03 PM   #7
Gloriana

Originally Posted by Chiatae View Post
That would be "The Rack" (tm)

I've played GW2 off and on... and I swear I saw someone with an Affliction guild tag, but didn't talk to them.

Also curious as to other Affliction members still around and who might be interested in EQ Next?

Chiatae, aka Cow
:O
I think I have been summoned

I played a bunch of EQ2 (Fairies!) but I have taken a long MMORPG break because I had a baby in January. I think fondly of my time in Affliction and the early days of EQ. I am still in San Diego, my husband still works for SOE (now a build engineer, not a game designer anymore). I missed the last 2 Fan Faires (the first one because I was hugely pregnant, the second because the baby was too little) but I plan to attend next year.

Last edited by Gloriana; 10-25-2013 at 02:04 PM. Reason: spelling ownz me
Gloriana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:16 PM   #8
Antilles

I'll always regret letting go of my account. Dumbest thing I ever did!
Forever Afflicted
Antilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:34 AM   #9
Chiatae

Congrats on becoming a mom Gloriana! I now have 2 grandchildren !!!! (holy crap I'm getting old).

I actually got my old EQ account restored and logged on. I was still guilded in Affliction, and could still see some old names on the roster. Brought back a lot of memories.
Chiatae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:39 AM   #10
fuan

Originally Posted by Khel View Post

Shaz
Nath
Tuan
Jarric
Eurmother
Fuan
Carathos
Wildane
Haknukem
Gloriana
Santhini
Morzinynin
Tsun
Slayne
Naele

Khel
Hey Khelder! How's it going? I definitely remember playing EQ back in the summer of '99 with you, your brother Kalten and Jarric. Those are some of my fondest gaming memories. And I remember being one of the founding members of Affliction too. Remember our first guild meeting? And how is Kalten doing? Unfortunately, I haven't heard from Jarric since I stopped playing EQ but it sure would be nice to hear from him too.

Of the players you listed I am only in contact with Tuan still. I'm actually visiting him and his wife for the week in Washington (I live in Illinois still). And I happened upon your post on accident -- I was just googling random old EQ names and your post was the first result! Good job remembering all those names, it definitely helped the google page rank for my search. Over the years I sometimes tried searching for you, Kalten and Jarric. It didn't help that I mis-remembered your name, I was searching for Kheldar not Khelder.

I wish I could remember more names to add to your list but really the only name that comes to mind at the moment is Landario.. He was certainly quite the character. In fact, I think the four of us (you me Kalten and Jarric) all met via him in Cazic Thule if I remember correctly. Then we proceeded to came the crap out of the basement in High Hold Keep the next couple days until the wee hours of the morning. Do you remember the name of that really annoying character who was something like 14-15 years old and who would hang out in HHK annoying us? Ah I remember now, it was Surinam.

I couldn't get into GW2, but I can definitely see its appeal for those without much time to game. Anyway, send me a PM with your email, I'd like to catch up!

Fuan
fuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:43 AM   #11
fuan

D'oh, I just realized Khelder's message was over a year old. I saw this topic at the top of the forum list with a recent reply and assumed that the original post was recent too.
fuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 11:52 AM   #12
Ojuillean

wow....you're all so old now.

My best gaming memories are still of the Everquest days. Nothing has ever even come close to the good times - and sense of exploration Everquest and Affliction provided.

We took our kids to Disney a couple years ago and met up with Chia and his wife for dinner. It was pretty cool to finally meet someone I've known online since 1997 face to face.

Take care all.

~Oj

Last edited by Ojuillean; 02-13-2014 at 11:57 AM.
Ojuillean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 06:54 AM   #13
Leesette Leethal

Originally Posted by fuan View Post
I wish I could remember more names to add to your list but really the only name that comes to mind at the moment is Landario.. He was certainly quite the character. In fact, I think the four of us (you me Kalten and Jarric) all met via him in Cazic Thule if I remember correctly. Then we proceeded to came the crap out of the basement in High Hold Keep the next couple days until the wee hours of the morning. Do you remember the name of that really annoying character who was something like 14-15 years old and who would hang out in HHK annoying us? Ah I remember now, it was Surinam.
Fuan
Well that annoying wannabe Paladin Landario ..that would be me

I still remember all those Names :-)

Don't want to derail this threat but in case you look for some specific People that played on EM, there is also a quite huge group of former/current EM players on Facebook, just search for "everquest erollisi marr".

Cheers
Leesette
aka
Landario
Leesette Leethal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 03:14 AM   #14
Jaiieq

f u Oj!

Jaiieq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 02:27 PM   #15
Hothgar

hi all =) how r u land?
Hothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 01:36 AM   #16
Formerly_Fitzroy

Default Return from Beyond

Hey all ... been a long long time
Formerly_Fitzroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 09:22 AM   #17
Idderfith

No idea how I happen to stumble on this again but got to reading old replies and saw Kheld's post which is older now.

I was the original Morzyninin or Morzy!

I remember when Affliction was formed, think it was in Oasis if I remember right.

Been a long long time.

I have since played GW, GW2, Rift, WOW and originally when I had left EQ I was playing Shadowbane.

I recall Shaz and Nath played DAOC I never did much, only other person I ever bumped into in other games was Maugrim from Shadowguard in Shadowbane for a while.

I have been playing WoW since a month after it launched, I play a while.. "quit" play again now playing heavily again.

You can find me on Alexstrasza or Stormrage. I mostly play either my druid Chocritmilk on stormrage or my rogue Tinstaafl on alexstrasza

Fond memories and I have always missed Affliction and all the great people that made it!

And I believe original name that Kheld' wanted for the guild was "Phalanx"
Idderfith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 01:49 AM   #18
Alekzandr

Default wow just wow

First and foremost congratulations Gloriana.

Heyas Bhrit how life been mistreating you?

I dunno why but had recently been talking about time on EQ and decided to flip by the boards.

was wondering if any old Affliction had copies or access to a couple of things posted on our old boards? One was a story about a possum under a desk and the other was about an experiment with waxing going horrible.
Alekzandr is offline   Reply With Quote