Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2010, 03:08 PM   #1
Fyr

Default Top 10 Favourite Moments in EQ

After #1, the rest are in no particular order...
1) All that time I got to spend with such great people in a whole new world.. nothing will top that
2) Most every day of levelling up in Oasis of Marr (the original!)
3) Killing my first Hill Giant solo (38pp ftw)!
4) Executing a swarm kite long before it became fashionable (doodz!)
5) Racing Valtron across Rathe Mountains
6) Running from Halas to Oasis naked, without SoW as a frickin blind warrior barbarian at night (Kithcor?!?), long before I knew wtf 'bind' was
7) Being accepted into the Guide program
8) Receiving my guild tag to <Affliction> (along with the others, but Affy meant the most so shoosh)
9) Racing frickin Crimson Eternity and Divine Grace to targets and hoping to god you got a force there first
10) Splitting off the bard into a second account and being able to box! So nice to know you always have a critical missing class!
Fyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 10:19 AM   #2
Crystilla
Administrator

No particular order.
  1. Getting my epic 1.0 with a Ragefire kill that emcompassed the server. (Picture a small family guild in 2002 who wipes in Chardok entrance, trying to take out Ragefire the day after he went triggerable in Skyfire. We wipe, Rage roams the zone, OOC mayhem occurs til they realize what happened. Folks called in others from all over the server to mobilize and help. They rezzed us, buffed us and joined us and killed him for me. No one knew who this little dwarf was but they came to aid someone in trouble anyway.)
  2. Killing Rallos Zek the Warlord for Elemental Planes access around 2002/2003. (I was a ronin member of a roleplaying alliance of good/evil aligned guilds. They'd never killed Emp Sszra or stepped foot in Vex Thall for gearing and they had as low as level 50's in the raids as they flagged progression.)
  3. Killing Innoruuk from Plane of Hate version 1.0 with my small family guild mentioned in #1 above.
  4. Getting my final biC piece from Tacvi on the guild's first kill. (This occured the same night my husband got his 2.0 epic AND I also finished up the Discord samples quest with the kill. So was a triple header high.)
  5. Getting to see my deity Brell Serilis in game (Underfoot expansion, Brell's Temple zone).
  6. Working with the Developer team on EQ as a volunteer.
  7. My first death by dragon (Wuoshi killed me in my 40's as I was running through to or from Skyshrine, forget which right now and I died before ever seeing Wuoshi, was behind me and I couldn't turn around).
  8. Anytime I'm in a group or talking with friends. Some of which I've met in real life and in the past there have been some I vacationed with.
  9. Going to the Fan Faire every year. Next week I think makes my 7th or 8th faire I'll have been to.
  10. Getting past Solteris 2 (that had been a blocker for a while).
Valorguard
Erollisi Marr server
Crystilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:53 PM   #3
glydon

1. Sebillis , AoE bomb group. Where are you Ariel?
2. Epic 1.0 with first guild United Guardians
3. Crystallos groups were fun
4. Meeting up with Verhieden at fan faire
5.Remembering just now that i was there for Crystillas epic.lol

Glydon
glydon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:36 PM   #4
Draznik

1) Finding Fyrwalker and Order of the Steel Rose - great folks
2) Getting my full set of Ivy armor for my ranger
3) Running butt nekked from Qeynos to Freeport on Halloween night during Kithicors turning - no SoW, lvl 10, and no clue. Still don't know how I lived.
4) My first Vox raid - living long enough to see her go down !
5) GM event in Mistmoore - Mayoong actually showed up, and some dumbass attacked him. Mayoong deathtouched the whole zone - there were literally bodies everywhere - took forever to target and get your corpse.
6) Going to the original planes for the first time - wiping, and then waiting three days to get a group together for CR's, and knowing everything you owned was going to poof !
7) Helping a Pally with her epic, then finding out I was perma KOS in Freeport the hard way !
8) Kicking the crap out of Kizdean Gix everytime I went back through the Commonlands - out of spite.
9) Soloing Pyjin in Q Hills and she dropped the GBS - traded it to a mage for two Yaks and a FBSS - I was stylin !
10) Being in the funeral procession for our guide that passed away (can't remmember her name) zonewide eulogy - and the 21 mage salute at the docks in Butcherblock.
Draznik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 12:10 AM   #5
keularye

getting wedgied by fyrsong has to be in a top ten, but not at the top probably somewhere in the bottom@!
Old 09-23-2010, 12:41 AM   #6
Drackore

Crys...I remember that Ragefire kill!!!!
Drackore Spyritfyst: Lvl 80 Templar Permafrost - Reborn
Drackore Spyritfyst: Lvl 12.4 Cleric DDO Lhazaar - Retired
My Blog
My MySpace
Drackore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 05:52 AM   #7
Dolrath

1) The people. I met so many great people.
2) Hooking up with Auviena/Ainenya.
3) Our 15h raid with Divine Grace where we pretty much cleared Velious and Ssra temple.
4) Camps:
- camping for my dark elf mask i lguk
- finally getting my gnome mask from sleepers tomb
- 1 week camp for the haste neck(?) from a bird in the zone before great divide
5) Racing EMJP for just about every boss there was. Epic battle for the Emperor in Ssra where a GM was called to decide who had the rights to get him. Our first kill came after that.
6) The battle for my epic.
7) A stranger giving me 4 pieces of raven armor at level 10. I felt like I could conquer the world.
8) Completing ToV.
9) Leveling in Lake of ill omen. Great memories from that zone.
10) Falling asleep raiding plane of hate. The breastplate I had wanted for so long dropped of course. I never got it...

It feels like an eternity since all this went on, and I know there's probably none of you left trolling these boards. I'd like to thank you anyway for all the great times and memories you gave me.

Dolrath
Dolrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 06:22 AM   #8
Leesette Leethal

HelloS,

you're welcome Dolly !

:-)

Leesette
aka
Landario
Leesette Leethal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 03:45 AM   #9
Misty
Do Not Disturb

My 50's something warrior (Kissane) guest tanked a CoM Black Reaver for somebodies lowbie raid. Popped 90+ maybe 150+ Black Reavers, each new one spawned from the latest corpse, raid healers were binding Kissane's wounds while she fought because nobody had mana (that fight lasted a frikkin lonnngggg time).

First Velious dragon raid for my druid on Wuoushi, in Wakening Lands, something like 3 guilds were mass feared and everyone scattered into the woods. That was fun, I seem to remember either Wuoushi has a Bear pet, or charmed animals, to help it fight in raid encounters.

I remember when all the Karanas actually had player pop., not just SK. Stuff was camped all the way through to Freeport (including Kithicorr, HighPass, HighHold, Runnyeye, Misty Thicket, Innothule Swamp, Ro desert, Commonlands).
"*blink* *blink* *blink*
*bliiiink* *bliiiink* *bliiiink*
*blink* *blink* *blink*
[fixt]

Mistyglen 68 Half Elf StormWarden (retired)
ex-Mystic Blue, ex-Sundered Heart, ex-Heart of Fenris
Redback's stuff
Redback 72 WoodElf Ranger (Lucid Devotion)
Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:19 PM   #10
Pankeleonn

Send a message via AIM to Pankeleonn
woah this place still exists?!
Old 12-05-2010, 11:38 AM   #11
Tinbwen

1. Getting accepted into Vanguards of Excellence about a month before PoP came out and scrambling to level so i could participate in the newest content.

2. Getting my 1.0 with the awesome old school people of VoE. (Gejar, Jexibella, Keularye, Savient, Syldra, Wisedonem, people waay back that far)

3. Racing Whit's End for PoP targets to be the next big guild in PoTime. And the night that we beat that cockblocker Coirnav and finally got the majority of the guild Time flagged.

4. The first heartbreaking guild dismantling I ever had to be a part of. Realizing it wasn't the end of the world and then joining Primal Evolution.

5. Going through GoD and OoW with PE. This includes Tacvi kills where one of the strats for one of the mobs was "spawn your jesters". It also includes the pain in the ass process of getting Anguish keyed the hard way via the MPG raid trials. I'll never forget the excitement of finally beating that damn Trial of Foresight.

6. The birth of the SP mafia.

7. Joining Altruistic Valorians knowing they had a bad rep from their old server but realizing after a while that these people may have had a bad reputation but they're generally good people who are actually pretty helpful....except Zebel....nobody likes him....that's a lie...I like him....even if he is an asshole.

8. The sad realization that an 85 ranger can't survive very long while charmed vs. 4 or 5 raid geared monks..mid raid. Also, the unfortunate nickname of "Monk Meat" after that occurance.

9. The extreme frustration in trying to get my guild leaders to call a raid for my last fights for my 1.5 and my 2.0. (It was equally as frustrating for both of them.) But the massive amount of relief after obtaining my 2.0.

10. After YEARS of never getting any respect from necros FINALLY, after an uneven battle vs like 9 mobs, my necro friend tells me "okay Tin.....that was badass" and then gives me a high five.

Of course there are other things that belong on this list that just aren't jumping out at me right now. Among those things are all the wonderful people that i've met while playing this game. I've met assholes and kind people alike and never genuinely had a problem with any of them.

As a side note it kinda sucks getting all nostalgic like this. Just thinking about all the people that I've been friends with through this game and the amount of them that have quit playing that I will probably never hear from again. Makes me sad a little bit.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:26 PM   #12
Ssetti

Send a message via MSN to Ssetti
Over ten years later, these are a little hazy, and I'm drunk, but:

1. Logging in for the first time in beta, after months of reading previews, and being awed by the size of the world. Running around in Nektulos getting killed.

2. Making my first friends in Blackburrow, people I'd later hang out with for two months in Texas, who came to visit me in Taiwan.

3. Qeynos to Freeport the first time, at maybe level 10. I don't think we made it, Highhold Pass wiped us out, but god was the ravine path up to it impressive.

4. My first guild, Trade Winds, trying to be a jeweler when a jade silver ring was still +1 mana. Grand plans for the future

5. My relatively brief but interesting time in the Cimmerii

6. Institute and later Clan Autumnwood, easily the best groups of people (and players) I ever met.

7. Putting together groups for CT from the crowd in SK, running over there, getting our asses beat, sometimes learning stuff or having moments of greatness.

8. Being an enchanter when enchanters could still hold down twenty mobs, with enough stopwatches and protection from their team

9. Tevra

10. The endless downtime and punishment, that in the end made this game the one that still stands out now.

I don't know why all of these are from pre-Kunark. The game got better after it, but somehow less memorable.
Ssetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:35 AM   #13
Syldra Megiste`

Top 10 Favourite Moments in EQ in no particular order

1. 48 hour Hate raid
2. Pissing off my mom
3. Ledge groups
4. Kael runs
5. Blackburrow groups when I first started
6. Wedgies and Tummy blowings
7. Running around to get my keys/teeth from the druid rings
8. Vox and Naggy raids
9. Groups in The Overthere
10. Quitting

/wave
Old 01-30-2012, 12:58 AM   #14
Aarial

1. Meeting Torkya & Fooba on Emarr <3 Guys I still talk to them - plus a few others that I still miss alot, (Shouts out for Xylic Voom Wherez Hevlac (still talk to him to!) Tocap <3 you guys hope your lifes are well ) probably a few more im forgetting
2. Meeting my Friend Nekko on Luclin <3 him to this day we are still great friends.
3. Running from Qeynos to Freeport the First Time.
4. Beating Mata Mura with Cestus Dei after we got transferred . It was like there 2nd or 3rd Run on him..
5. North TOV - Still my favorite zone of all time in EQ
6. Finishing Epic 1.0 and 2.0
7. Leveling up all those tradeskills
8. Kael - still one of my favorite zones - also I tanked AOW with Aprell AKA Arial :P :P - that was a highlight
9. Being a guide, making Senior Guide :P - I was so proud of being a Senior Guide - I was a guide on Bristlebane for a long time ;P - then I was suppose to come to Emarr and be a Senior Guide :P well I passed on that and ended up on The Rathe
10. Blackstar Mace of Night - Loved that dragon Cekenar :P

High Priestess Aprell

Exemplar of Karana
Retired cause I'm playing WOW!

Last edited by Aarial; 01-30-2012 at 01:04 AM.
Aarial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:52 PM   #15
MorbidHorror

Send a message via AIM to MorbidHorror Send a message via Yahoo to MorbidHorror
1.Killing the Fabled Frienzed with Burro outside of a raid.
2.Deshane being the first person to give me a chance with the past I had in the game.
3. Joining VOE and Raiding the Elementals.
4. Joining Triune and getting into Dreadspire
5. Earning my first 1million platinum
6. Pissing off almost the entire Server Population
7. Getting trained in BoT by Hukis.
8. Cybering all the hot elves in game.
9. getting my epic.
10 getting epic 2.0
MorbidHorror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 02:38 AM   #16
Misty
Do Not Disturb

You never pissed me off, even in BoT. Morb ..I puzzled why you had apparently turned rogue on the player community... but I think most of the time we remembered who you were.

Weren't you and ex-guildie (Heartt of Fenris/Mystic Blue/Sundered Heart?), I know I have grouped with you (possibly Skyfire Mountains/Karnors Castle) before you were big and bad. Half the reason I came on Desh pu raids much later was I remembered you had always been a good egg before.
"*blink* *blink* *blink*
*blink* *blink* *blink*
[fixt]

Redback's stuff
Old 03-26-2014, 09:59 AM   #17
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

1) joining Umoja after my own guild fell apart. i had a great 6 or so months with them.

2) forming a free for all raid to kill the evil Brother Zephyl who was stuck on a rock, preventing the J boots NPC from spawning. that didnt go so well. but it was fun

3) The Kithicor Forest Halloween event. since i started playing, i had only been to so few places so i only met certain people who expd in highkeep or sol dung b that when kithicor happened i met everyone basically. i ended up making some good rl friends and a lot of in game friends who i would one day be happily guilded with.

4) joining Da`Kor, was always the wish of all us server noobs to one day be part of the big boys who do all the cool stuff everyone dreams about doing. i had the honor of not only being recruited, by them, but i also had several friends who who were already in the guild and so it wasnt like i was just another cog in a wheel. i raided with DK for 6 months as an invite and then when Umoja fell apart i joined up with DK and had fun raiding as a member for 3 more months.

5) co-founding Magister, it was a great and sad moment, the guild i had always wanted to be in (Da`Kor) was leaving the server and us members who still liked it here and wanted to continue decided that we gotta start from scratch. props to Arnwolf for the name Magister. we had a slow couple of months and there were times like we werent going to be able to make a go of it, but we hung in there and by the end of velius we were back in form. was very proud of all the time our guildies dedicated to making things go right. we did a lot of insane camps. i had permanently camped my ranger in western wastes just to track myga for the dragonbane component for our wizards. so after a 5 hour raid i would log off chuk and just track dragons for the next 4 or 5 hours. many a time we had 3 am phone calls to members to wake the hell up because Myga was UP! all good times and i would gladly have done it all over again looking back.

6-10
getting x items. there were so many different great items i received during my time playing, some i got at raids/single groups, some i camped myself and others i bought at EC tunnel. just about every trade-able uber item i got by handing in some stuff i didnt want for one thing i really did wants i had terrible luck at camping these things because some people had those camps/spawns on permanent lockdown. looking back, probably the best things i ever received were a greater lightstone (as a blind barbarian this is a godly thing to get), fishbone earring, manastone, Times Antithesis (shaman weapon with clickable slow), Guise of the deceiver, Jaundiced bone bracer (shaman bracer with clickable nuke), epic weapon with side reward instaclick sow boots, Rubicite armor, Mortificator staff and the key to Old Sebilis.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:59 PM   #18
kanya

Send a message via ICQ to kanya
Originally Posted by chukzombi View Post
1) joining Umoja after my own guild fell apart. i had a great 6 or so months with them.

kanya
kanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 02:04 PM   #19
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

Originally Posted by kanya View Post

kanya
/hugs Kanya
i loved you guys,it was like i was home. it broke my heart when yall stopped playing.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:23 AM   #20
kanya

Send a message via ICQ to kanya
Originally Posted by chukzombi View Post
/hugs Kanya
i loved you guys,it was like i was home. it broke my heart when yall stopped playing.
i have a lot of great EQ memories, but i definitely agree with you that Umoja time still stands out as some of the best i had.

it's been years since i have even played a game! i miss the community these games can create. this 'grown up' stuff is for the birds!

Except my kids, love them, they are awesome.

kanya
kanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 07:34 PM   #21
furo

Getting to app into magister
Getting into magister
Getting a double edged storm blade on a roll against 40 or so peeps on a desh pu raid vs agnarr
Getting the first brutish blade on the server (sorry foob)
Making top 20 hp server wide for warrior
MT'ing rztw in a random pu raid and getting raped several times over before owning him
Being part of the 1st mata muram kill on the server
Getting a fabled flowing black silk sash as a sub-55 warrior after hours if not days of camping it
furo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 11:09 AM   #22
Misty
Do Not Disturb

Default Telling ya's how 'it', or how I, was (/Off *modesty_filter)

Furo main tanked one of my better Lightning/Sand Tower PU raids in BoT once or twice, wayyy back in Ogre camp. I think I'd remember, I got more than a couple of surprising /tells from pretty astute Server names (nobody was rude, just surprised). First that I chose an Ogre MT, then that I put an uncertain high level Bard in group 1 with the MT (either the Bard wasn't totally convinced about that call, or he had kept one Ace in his hand really quiet all along till that point) with my command to twist a raunchy AoE Resist song buff, and twist party oomph and haste, along with good Cleric, swapped out the Raid Enchie with a Necro <well, another clothie> and a DK/Pally OT (possibly Sandain, weighing in at around 18k hp and a colossal AC, more surprising to everyone in /Raid I think our 'newbie' Ogre tank was about equal on those). Then I set myself in a different group somewhere in the raid hubbub, healing my guys, your grp1 clothies and the grp1 Cleric. Which was another PU Raid departure from the leadership 'norm'.

Furo, I think it was, collected aggro with a Bard - DK - Monk - Necro Boss tag pull (choose your flavor), MT took Boss aggro and even re-took aggro, in a bottle-up with his back pinned against the wall in a corner, and kept it, and kept it: if our MT did fall just before the end he had already done his job, but wait ..LoH. Then outta nowhere a colossal HT, and Wizards on manaburn landed awesome nuke crits, till somebody's DoT ended the debate, we left the tower Boss looking kinda derelict and much, much sadder ..my server rep peaked right about then.

Thereafter, my EQ savvy was expanded; Bards started getting important steady work in Raid Boss encounters, and now it became common knowledge Ogres were immune to Stun (Racial Trait) which might be useful after all ..to all concerned. I had made an eccentric leadership decision to push a bold new minor Boss strat, rather than repeat the same tried Lightning Tower fail. This in a Day and mmorpg Age when L/D too often meant no ornamental, no AH loot, no flag progression ..yeh I prided myself on organising a working Tower Raid strat by myself. But the tick of success was down to one lesser-known Ogre toon connecting the whole picture. Clerics, seeing the tide swing, held their ground when others died, or ran, and by example fed the confidence of a wavering single nucleus of hope with certainty.
"*blink* *blink* *blink*
*blink* *blink* *blink*
[fixt]

Redback's stuff

Last edited by Misty; 08-18-2014 at 11:21 AM.