Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Closed Thread

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2003, 05:20 PM   #76
Koss

We're all on the same side really, we all want to stop terrorism and barbaric acts of violence against people - we just have differing ideas about how to do it.
Couldn't have said it better.

Remember that the allied coalition is doing what it thinks is right. Iraq had been given several resolutions from the UN. Simply put, they defied them. When Res 1441 was presented and Iraq agreed to it. They still continued to "delay & hinder" UN inspectors.

The difference that could have prevented war was simple. Allow the UN inspectors to do what res 1441 was agreed upon. Saddam didn't feel he was obligated to, and after waiting well over the time frame res 1441 had originally mandated, the allied coalition got tired of waiting and took matters into their own hand.

Right or wrong you have several things to think about.

1) They BUILT WoMD and were caught. This violated several of their resolutions as it was.

2) When ordered to adhere to the resolutions and allow UN inspectors access to carry out the orders they hindered and defied yet another resolution.

If you feel that Bush is to be held accountable for defying the UNSC, then you should feel Saddam should be treated in a much more harsher tone for defying not just one resolution, but several.

The only thing I can fault Bush on is his rush to get through this. I feel another 45 days could have waited. But I seriously doubt anything would have changed.

Also if you think this war against Iraq is for oil, you need to graduate from middle school and do a little research. As it is the talks about what to do with the oil is to use a portion of the oil to "fund" the cost of the war. $240-340M (can't remember the exact figure) of this is still allocated for the Oil for food program that the UN has put on hold until the war is over. After that, more than likely the UN will be using the oil to rebuild Iraq and it's "new regime."

Hmm...now the big question... What government body is to take over Iraq once Saddam is ousted? Turks have an interest..Kurds want their land back when they were "exiled" by Saddam. Israel is definitely looking at the "holy land" they've been fighting over for so long. Maybe if people would focus less on the war and focus more on how to deal with the aftermath things would be more constructive.

Just my 2cp.

Last post for me...just some food for thought.. be safe folks!
Ruktuuk 63 Warrior of Rallos Zek

--Lead Singer for The Holy Trinity--
Cadgar 70 Herald

Resilience
Old 03-22-2003, 05:36 PM   #77
Azraelwrath

Great 2 cents Koss.
SOE Interviewer: You're hired.
Old 03-22-2003, 06:11 PM   #78
Sakkath

it becomes near pointless to quote broken UN resolutions as a reason for invading when Israel has broken countless UN resolutions, yet gets rewarded with $10bn of aid.

No, it's not a different topic.
Old 03-22-2003, 09:54 PM   #79
Syng Da Troll

I appreciate everyone's OPINONS on the issue of the Iraq situation at this point. What I am in a quandry is why are many uninformed of the FACTS? SOOOO I am bringing the FACTS to you.

Actual Text of 1441

http://www.worldpress.org/specials/iraq/unscr1441.htm

NOTICE it is referring to the prior UN resolutions SOOOO here is the actual text of the many other resolutions related to 1441 that it IMPLIES!

http://www.worldpress.org/specials/i...esolutions.htm

Lets debate on the facts please... The United States is within its rights and international law to engage Iraq the facts speak for itself.

For those in the military regardless of your location at the moment.. WE SUPPORT YOU! These ignorant fools need to understand REALITY and research the truth in their statements.

Idealism is what precedes experience; cynicism is what follows. - DAVID T. WOLF

Freedom is the most contagious virus known to man. - HUBERT H. HUMPHREY

Syng Alyng *RETIRED* - 65 TROLL Shadowknight
Old 03-22-2003, 10:00 PM   #80
Syng Da Troll

I felt my first post was too important so addressing this separately.

Sakkath said, "

it becomes near pointless to quote broken UN resolutions as a reason for invading when Israel has broken countless UN resolutions, yet gets rewarded with $10bn of aid. "

Ok Sakkath every UN resolution is on record on the internet.. I CHALLENGE YOU to link us this fact. Put your facts where ya mouth is 8)

Old 03-23-2003, 02:26 AM   #81
Sakkath

Syng, you know full well (or should do) that Resolution 1441 was not intended (in itself) to authorise force. The only reason many countries passed it was because the original draft was broken down to require a successive resolution before war could begin.

Whether or not anyone is within their rights to attack (many would disagree with this), the point remains that the insanly bad handling of the diplomatic effort has made any multi-lateral global war on terrorism far weaker. It is not what happens in Iraq that most fear, but what will and won't happen afterwards.

It's common knowledge that successive Israeli governments has broken many resolutions, they would admit it themselves. Here's a (non-complete and hastily compiled) list for you to play with.

Resolution 242, in regards to Israel withdrawing from land captured in the 1967 war, Also Resolutions 1322, 1397, 181, 1402, 673, 672. Resolution 338, ordering them to withdraw from Lebanon was finally adhered to after 25 years recently. There are many others but you can do your own research.

Last edited by Sakkath; 03-23-2003 at 02:30 AM.
Old 03-23-2003, 06:01 AM   #82
Sancho

In all my years of playing on Emarr .. when I do play which is not much Dork has caused me to voice my opinion.

"And that Oil supply of yours can last forever? World domination includes planning for the future, and thats why those three letters are so important.

You think I am blind enough to think America wouldn't find a reason to invade Australia if we had masses of oil here?"

Thats right you skinny little butt ugly crank hor. And if you dont fucking like it join the Taliban or shut the fuck up or get blown the fuck up. LItte computor geek cum guzzlers like you need to get a sense of reality. Oh and btw ... All your base belong to America Bitch!

PS. Ban me from the boards for this I dont give a shit . I never post here anyways . and will probly never post again . Last person that pissed me off enough to post was Mitch Lol .
Old 03-23-2003, 07:45 AM   #83
Grys
Professional Troublemaker

Send a message via AIM to Grys Send a message via MSN to Grys
Fuck you Sancho. Fuck you Dwarkarn.

/applaud Koss and everyone else on their positive comments.

Thank you everyone for supporting the military. It means alot to us.

That website was official. I checked it out.
Old 03-23-2003, 08:19 AM   #84
Hirushi

THANK YOU TO ALL OF OUR MILITARY PEOPLE OUT THERE
(got so caught up in AuA missed this)

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
John Stewart Mill

Old 03-23-2003, 02:02 PM   #85
Syng Da Troll

Sakkath said, "

Syng, you know full well (or should do) that Resolution 1441 was not intended (in itself) to authorise force. The only reason many countries passed it was because the original draft was broken down to require a successive resolution before war could begin. "

It is amazing how much you can learn from what is written and signed on by the security counsel. See if something was INTENDED it would be DOCUMENTED. Everything that was INTENDED to be passed on by 1441 was accomplished by stating it in the resolution. Facts are what make this world go around... and intensions just attempt to send facts spinning in circles.

Sakkath said, "

Whether or not anyone is within their rights to attack (many would disagree with this), the point remains that the insanly bad handling of the diplomatic effort has made any multi-lateral global war on terrorism far weaker. It is not what happens in Iraq that most fear, but what will and won't happen afterwards. "

Wow buddy, why are you backing off your stance so quickly? Because the facts were presented for everyone to see? I may just be in the minority here, but I live my life for today. I will take on each other situation as it is presented to me. I am glad that my country is handling this matter in this way.

Old 03-23-2003, 04:01 PM   #86
Sakkath

well kudos for posting your facts - a link to a UN resolution, great research bro!! How about I post a link to the constitution and then there's no more need for attorneys?

It's quite bizzare that you can reply to a post seemingly without reading it.

Last edited by Sakkath; 03-23-2003 at 04:06 PM.
Old 03-23-2003, 06:48 PM   #87
Pickett Pocketts

The only reason many countries passed it was because the original draft was broken down to require a successive resolution before war could begin.
Before the vote went to the UN security council, the US representative told everyone on the floor not to vote for this resolution if they would turn around and vote against a second resolution authorizing force in the future. France flat out lied when they voted for 1441, and the others who were against a second resolution forced the hand of the coalition. If France hadn't started crying VETO VETO we wouldn't have started as soon as we did. Now, after France has screamed for 3 weeks that they aren't going to send their precious people to war, they want to reap the benefits of it by taking over the reconstruction effort. As far as I'm concerned they can go to hell. Chirac is a pansy and the only thing he's interested in is money. Saddam owes France billions of dollars for weapons bought from Chirac and his military. This is why they wouldn't support his ousting, they had too much money invested in him. Russia joined the bandwagon since they had sold Iraq weapons and aircraft for years. Pank I don't know what your malfunction is, but you shouldn't come to a thread that supports the soldiers and ruin it. You want to badmouth the soldiers make a new thread. As for moving this to America Under Attack, don't do it. This thread belongs in the General thread as it has nothing to do with the attacks or the war, only with supporting the military that risks their lives every day to keep your pansy ass safe.
Old 03-23-2003, 07:50 PM   #88
Ssetti

Send a message via MSN to Ssetti
Um, I might be mistaken on this one but I'm reasonably sure that the US isn't allowed to tell other countries how to cast their votes.

Therefore whether or not the US representative said "don't vote for this one unless you'll vote for the next one too" is completely irrelevant, since he had no damned right to say anything of the sort.

Meanwhile, France voting for 1441 was a statement along the lines of "France agrees with resolution 1441", and no more ... and as such, it's not clear what your reasons are for calling it a lie. They are entirely entitled to vote yes to whichever resolutions they please, and no to whichever other resolutions they please.

Welcome to democracy, sorry but it doesn't guarantee that people will agree with you.

Still, that's ok isn't it, because you're big and strong enough to do what the hell you like whether they agree or not

Ssetti
Closed Thread