Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Closed Thread

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2003, 09:44 PM   #26
Kerrol The Fury
Smartass(tm)

I'll tell you why.. its because we are an empire and the definition of empire is to expand. All we care about is territory. Why do we have Alaska. Oil. Why are we fighting in the middle east? Oil.
Let me guess, your entire school system was taught by liberal pussies. Thought so. This is exactly the kind of mindless, uninformed bullshit they try to force-feed our kids. We need to invent robot schoolteachers and have cirriculum's set by the supercomputer in War Games!

It all comes down to that fucking idiot of a president we have. If Gore was elected i can almost guarentee this shit wouldn't be happening. It's Bush's VP's fault just because of his religion. If bush wasn't elected there would have never been a 911 and this shit wouldn't be going on right now.
Clue, numbnuts. Religious fanatics hate liberals too! If you really think your future should have been holding hands, singing "I'd Like to Buy The World A Coke" and being rectally probed by the thugs of the world, more power to you.

It's not the world I'm going to live in and I don't care who was in the White House when the decision finally gets made to protect me, protect my family and protect my way of life.

I stand with them 100%, black or white, liberal or conservative, gay or straight.
Old 03-20-2003, 10:22 PM   #27
Saraquael

Send a message via ICQ to Saraquael Send a message via AIM to Saraquael Send a message via MSN to Saraquael Send a message via Yahoo to Saraquael
I don't really agree or support Bush, but I support the men and women giving their lives there.

I'd imagine one of the worst feelings in the world would be to come back from a war and question why you bothered to save the lives of those who don't truly appreciate it.

I signed it.
Old 03-20-2003, 10:53 PM   #28
Mistomeer

I signed it a couple of days ago as well.

Pankeleonn's attitude strikes me as very similar to what people thought after the Vietnam conflict, and what the Vietnam veterans had to face when they returned home. Utterly pathetic the way veterans were treated then. Thank god it's not a prolific attitude now.

If you despise living the way you do, as a free individual in a free and democratic nation...then don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya. Door is to the left.
Old 03-20-2003, 11:20 PM   #29
Pankeleonn

Send a message via AIM to Pankeleonn
No you are all wrong. I am pissed because everyone and their fucking mother starts talking about the war which obviously is going on and there isn't anything we can do about it. I am just sick of it. I have friends who are in the military and i hope they come back safe and sound. I am not a liberal asshole or someone who doesn't give a shit about this country because i am greatful for what the army does for this country. However, i am apauled at the media and how they choose to display the war and exploit it. I also dispise things on the internet that state false facts on the war.

I admit i was a little hasty on the responce to the link because i did not check it out but now that i have its cool that it is there to support our troops.

Yes i'm an idiot for typing before looking but it doesn't change the fact that the media is corrupt and now the world will be saturated with war propaganda. I just hate the fact that i have to read about it when i come to these boards about a video game also.
Old 03-21-2003, 01:30 AM   #30
Lurkerr
Mr. Helpful

My dad called me a communist just because I didn't want to watch the news in Iraq today. It made me feel sad
Old 03-21-2003, 01:38 AM   #31
Kerrol The Fury
Smartass(tm)

Well it's no doubt the media exploits the shit out of it, if you don't see that you're just blind.

In fact, has anyone noticed the sheer volume of information that the Pentagon has given out thus far? Half this shit, coming to me as uninformed on specifics mind you, seems like it would be compromising the hell out of a lot of situations compared to the seeming trickle they gave up during the Gulf War.

They are certainly using the media to some extent. During the Gulf War, there were no "24-hour news stations". There was no MSNBC or Fox News. CNN was just a fledgling, the first network of its kind and the Gulf War almost singlehandedly "made" CNN. (If you want to see a good movie about just how this happened, watch the HBO original movie "Live From Baghdad" with Michael Keaton, Helena Bonham Carter and Lili Taylor- a great movie, it basically tells the story from the view of the CNN team in Baghdad in the week or so leading up to the war up until the first night of bombing) I think the administration views these news juggernauts as a way to spread disinformation and to cripple the morale of Iraqi leadership, because they know its being monitored 24/7. I can't think of anything more demoralizing than turning on CNN and seeing an entire division of my army walking single file in a surrender line like I saw tonight. Fuck, that's what I'd do.

So while you blast the media, take solace in the fact they're being used like two-dollar whores.
Old 03-21-2003, 03:08 AM   #32
Dalamarn Darkgem

It's already come out that the military is feeding a lot of "disinformation" out on the news. This is part of their psychological warfare. It must suck bigtime to get your info off the news and not know if what they're saying just happened really did or not. I'd say that would heavily influence the decisions you made. As kerrol said, yeah the media takes advantage of shit.. but yeah.. they're getting used like mad too.
Old 03-21-2003, 03:32 AM   #33
Dwarkarn

So i guess you all think what we are doing is good huh? They didn't attack us... they aren't invading us so why the hell do we have to go over there and fight? I'll tell you why.. its because we are an empire and the definition of empire is to expand. All we care about is territory. Why do we have Alaska. Oil. Why are we fighting in the middle east? Oil.
All I had to read was that, not the rest of the retarded monkey cum laced verbal jizzm in this thread, this war is about 3 letters "OIL", and fuck anything anyone else has to say.
Old 03-21-2003, 03:38 AM   #34
Nosfy

I always see: "these guys are there to defend us"

Defend?? WOW!! I think you all should take a dictionnary and see what defense mean. They are attacking, sorry to disturb you in your faith.

Not that I wish them anything else than coming back to their home safe and without any blood on their hands, but they are far far away from defending USA.
Old 03-21-2003, 04:07 AM   #35
Ssetti

Send a message via MSN to Ssetti
From what I hear, killing a whole bunch of Muslims with a vigilante strike lacking clearly defined justification, is going to help prevent another 9/11.

Makes perfect sense to me!
Old 03-21-2003, 04:33 AM   #36
wraisil

*edit: moved my response to R&F thread since it was not concerning the initial post. I also hope that others will move their reply's to that thread as it seems a much more appropriate thread for most of these reply's.

Last edited by wraisil; 03-21-2003 at 04:53 AM.
Old 03-21-2003, 04:43 AM   #37
Dwarkarn

You speak of the oil as if America needs that oil to survive. We recieve 17% of our oil from Iraq.
And that Oil supply of yours can last forever? World domination includes planning for the future, and thats why those three letters are so important.

You think I am blind enough to think America wouldn't find a reason to invade Australia if we had masses of oil here?
Old 03-21-2003, 04:49 AM   #38
wraisil

Deleted my post because it will obviously not produce anything more than another flame. If you wish to turn this thread into an argument about politics ect please start one in R&F. Plenty of people will respond to you there.

To all the others that get upset about some of the replies here, please save move the arguments to an appropriate R&F thread.
Old 03-21-2003, 04:56 AM   #39
Sakkath

We elect our leaders. We must trust that they will make the right decisions because they are the one's who get ALL the information.
You might argue that Bush was elected US president (many would disagree), but he has no mandate to attack Iraq without the authorisation of the Security Council

I don't know anyone who would leave their sons/daughters with a babysitter they did not trust. Our leadership are our babysitters. If you don't trust them, feel free to go somewhere where you trust the leadership.
What happened to free speech? If you don't like our policies then leave the country? Sounds more like a dictatorship to me

A side note to those who want to call our soldiers "baby killers" and denounce them for protecting this nation: Feel free to come visit me and I'll help you get to a country where your rights aren't protected by the bloodshed of my fellow soldiers and sailors
Ahh - the Land of the Free, where democracy is alive and well? hmmm

This invasion is likely to have dire consequences for us, it's just a shame your country and mine are too blinkered to see it. I don't think badly of you for your opinion - you're paid to do what you're told and not think about why you're doing something - that's your job and you've been conditioned for it.
As for all the troops out there, I wish them a swift and safe return
Old 03-21-2003, 05:14 AM   #40
Felessan

Default /sigh

Im an active duty military member...I believe Voltaire, said it best...."I may disagree with what you say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it."

That being said, I am on my way out the door, in as little as a day or two, to this area. It does not surprise me, how uninformed some folks can be...

Know this...we all raised our right hand and swore to uphold and defend the constitution of the United States (to include its retard residents, as well as the righteous) and to follow the orders of thos appointed over us.

We do it willingly and not for money...and yet we still have to hear drivel like this on a daily basis. I think Heinlen had the right idea...you dont serve your country, you should have no say in how its run.

On a more humorous note...please check out my post here...

http://www.erollisimarr.com/forums/s...threadid=10700

Im done...thank you all for your support, and take care.

"CHARLIE MIKE"

I am,

"The things we do in life, echo in eternity!"

Last edited by Felessan; 03-21-2003 at 05:17 AM.
Old 03-21-2003, 05:28 AM   #41
Sakkath

you dont serve your country, you should have no say in how its run
Hmm, pretty crappy concept - there are many ways to serve your country other than militarily. What about those who pay tax so that the state can afford a military? should they be allowed to have a say? Or are you trying to suggest military rather than civilian rule is the way to go?
Old 03-21-2003, 06:24 AM   #42
Frekkels

Default Thank you to the troops

Hail,

Pretty sad to see this thread trashed the way it has been.
This probably should be moved now to either R&F or America under Attack. :/

I signed the note though. Thanks for sharing it. I was out to sea for Desert Storm & September 11th, this is the first time I've been able to see some of what is going on (via Siprnet) when it is happening. Nice to not be a mushroom this time.

Take care,
Old 03-21-2003, 06:32 AM   #43
Felessan

Default /sigh v2.0

At no time did I say military should rule the country....AT NO TIME.

I said, and I quote..."I think Heinlen had the right idea...you dont serve your country, you should have no say in how its run."

Service, for the uninformed, is conducted daily by civilians, as well as military, be it reserve, guard, or active duty. Civilians fall under the Government Civilian Employee branch and are just as entitiled to input as any other, who serve.

As far as you thinking it is a crappy concept to restrict input to those who put service of their country before therew own advancement...I say tough.

Paying Taxes is not serving your country, by the way...it is paying rent.

Notice my recurring theme is "Serve"...not "Self-Serve".

"The things we do in life, echo in eternity!"
Old 03-21-2003, 06:36 AM   #44
Kama

Default Fuck Pank

Pankeleonn

I'm sick and tired of hearing about the war every god damn where i go. I can't even watch tv now with out some mention of the fucking war. If you have someone who is fighting then it sucks to be you... you should have gone to canada with them.
The USA and about 30 other countries are at war you FUCKING NIMROD!! What the fuck do you think is gonna be on TV. Sorry if the FUCKING WAR does not fit into your self centered life-style but it is more important then YOU! Sorry that your Reality shows are not on because of WAR!

They didn't attack us... they aren't invading us so why the hell do we have to go over there and fight? I'll tell you why.. its because we are an empire and the definition of empire is to expand. All we care about is territory. Why do we have Alaska. Oil. Why are we fighting in the middle east? Oil.

It all comes down to that fucking idiot of a president we have. If Gore was elected i can almost guarentee this shit wouldn't be happening. It's Bush's VP's fault just because of his religion. If bush wasn't elected there would have never been a 911 and this shit wouldn't be going on right now.
What the fuck? They didn't attack us? The 3000+ people that died I guess don't matter to you? Even with out that, Saddam has killed Tens of THOUSANDS of his own people, and other countires. Hes even cut the heads off members of his own family. IF your to FUCKING busy wackin off to your selfish issues that you or any other war protestor then there is no reasoning with you.

And please, explain to me how if that fuck Gore became president that 911 wouldn't have happened? I wanna know...

FUCK YOU Pank, FUCKING JACKOFF

p.s. Sorry to go off like this on this thread, I had to vent. Also signed.

a.k.a Kama

Last edited by Kama; 03-21-2003 at 06:41 AM.
Old 03-21-2003, 06:39 AM   #45
Sakkath

so only those in the government or directly controlled by the government has any say who is in the government? /chuckle

You would do well to note that in a democracy, the government are there to SERVE the people - not the other way around.
Old 03-21-2003, 06:40 AM   #46
Ssetti

Send a message via MSN to Ssetti
What the fuck? They didn't attack us? The 3000+ people that died I guess don't matter to you?
Uh, yeah, cause everyone knows that was Saddam Hussein .. you freak.
Old 03-21-2003, 06:44 AM   #47
Kama

Ssetti, yeah I know but its all connected and supported by them. They all deserve to die reguardless.

/em takes a chill pill

a.k.a Kama

Old 03-21-2003, 06:52 AM   #48
Nosfy

Originally posted by Kama
Ssetti, yeah I know but its all connected and supported by them. They all deserve to die reguardless.

/em takes a chill pill
You are a moron if you truly think what you just said

1.- Sure, civilians deserve to die cause they had the misfortune to born in a muslim country ruled by a despot.
2.- Put, just once, just for my own information, where it is proved that Saddam Hussein was in any way related to Al-Qaida. He is the exact opposite in muslim country of what ruler Al-Qaida want in the head of every muslim country.

This being said, Saddam Hussein is a dangerous person, a despot and a threat to his own people. I perfectly know that.

Edit: replaced baby by civilian, more generic and you never spoked of babies. But casualties will be severe amongst the civilians anyway
Old 03-21-2003, 07:18 AM   #49
Jaromir

I almost pissed myself when I read that the reason the US got Alaska was because of oil.

Go troops and come home safely.
Old 03-21-2003, 07:36 AM   #50
Kama

Nosfy, im sorry if thats how it came out. When I mean "They" I mean Saddam, and anyone who supports his actions. I rarely rant on these boards, but I do know how people take others opinions and form them into something they can rant on.

I would never say that civilian or innocent people should be killed or punished directly. Its to bad that any have to die, but thats war, and there is nothing we can do about that.

I think most people knew what I ment. Terrorists, Saddam, Osma, all of "THEM" shall die. Fuck em all. Remove em and let the country get on with there lives, free from the fear that the know so well.

I seems like so far that they arn't putting much of a fight anyway. Hopefully we do not have to use major force where more civilians will be harmed. They said at this rate they will be in Baghdad in about 3 days.

Ranting like I did I was not so much worried about how things may sound. heh

a.k.a Kama

Closed Thread