Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Closed Thread

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2003, 05:31 PM   #1
Kogur
Phatty!

Default Thank you note for American Troops.

http://www.defendamerica.mil/nmam.html

Almost seven million people have signed this, perhaps we can get more.
Old 03-19-2003, 07:29 PM   #2
Mattimus

Send a message via AIM to Mattimus Send a message via Yahoo to Mattimus
Thumbs up Thanks :)

Just signed, thanks for link
Spyne-41 rogue
Old 03-19-2003, 07:31 PM   #3
Pankeleonn

Send a message via AIM to Pankeleonn
Wow talk about spam and the biggest chain letter ever.. nice try but im not signing shit.
Old 03-19-2003, 09:11 PM   #4
Ladilya
Harem ******!

Send a message via AIM to Ladilya
Pank. This is a real link, to a real military site. If you don't want to support our troops, that is your business, but do not speak of things you are obviously clueless about.

I hope that everyone who supports our troops does sign this and ignores Pank who can't read the .mil part of the address.

Ladi
Old 03-19-2003, 11:56 PM   #5
Fyre/Eliri

Default Ahem

Wow my bf actually sent this before he went 'somewhere' in his words.

He's in the 51st Recon division and was in Camp Doha before they moved out.

It's legit. Thanks for not supporting Pank!
Old 03-20-2003, 05:52 AM   #6
Deref

Thanks for the opportunity to send my best wishes to the best team in the world.
Coercer (Packed in mothballs... sorta)
Old 03-20-2003, 07:30 AM   #7
Mitch the Blond

Default :)

Sent

Anyone know if we Brits have one of those as well?

Mitch
Old 03-20-2003, 02:50 PM   #8
Felessan

Default /salute

Thank you all...this kind of RL support does mean alot to all military personnel.

"The things we do in life, echo in eternity!"
Old 03-20-2003, 03:17 PM   #9
jazimine

hey come on damn lay off pank.
how many chain mails get sent around all the time?
maybe he didnt realize what it was.
or maybe he dont need to sign his name to show support.

jaz
Old 03-20-2003, 04:03 PM   #10
Pankeleonn

Who the hell cares if you sign some shit on the damn internet? The war is fucking real the internet is fake. I have zero effect on the war so i don't give a shit about it. I think its stupid and we are fucking stupid for not killing the fuck when we had the chance. I hope we all fucking die now because we don't learn from our damn mistakes.

I'm sick and tired of hearing about the war every god damn where i go. I can't even watch tv now with out some mention of the fucking war. If you have someone who is fighting then it sucks to be you... you should have gone to canada with them.
Old 03-20-2003, 04:17 PM   #11
Maeel

I usually dont post but I have to say you sir, are an idiot. People are out there defending you and you badmouth them and their families. Either that or you are 15 and dont understand whats going on. My guess would be the the scond.

Support our troops.

Maeel
Old 03-20-2003, 04:22 PM   #12
Drazzen

Default Pfftt..

or maybe he dont need to sign his name to show support.
From the looks of the next quote...support is the furthest thing from Pankeleonn's mind.

I have zero effect on the war so i don't give a shit about it.
Who says you can have no effect. If a fellow can defect and join the taliban I am sure someone will be happy to punt you over to the front lines all in the name of making a difference.

I can't even watch tv now with out some mention of the fucking war.
To use some of your own words here...It sucks to be you. Go to canada with your TV...maybe you might get better luck there. If we are lucky that might save us from reading this drivel you are posting here.

Oh a lil tidbit of information for you. There was an article of war which prevents the assassination of the leader of another country. This has just come into question and it was decided that this does not apply to times of war which backed up our "decapitating attack" on Bahgdad. Not that it matters much..most things bend or are overlooked once fighting actually starts.

Last edited by Drazzen; 03-20-2003 at 04:28 PM.
Old 03-20-2003, 07:44 PM   #13
Walterscott

Pank,

You were a former guildmate and a friend.

But now after that post I think your an idiot! We have young men and women overseas defending our freedom and you make a post like that?

Your a fucking idiot based on those posts! Grow the fuck up!

Edit:

I sent my best wishes to all those representing us now over seas!
Old 03-20-2003, 07:57 PM   #14
Pankeleonn

So i guess you all think what we are doing is good huh? They didn't attack us... they aren't invading us so why the hell do we have to go over there and fight? I'll tell you why.. its because we are an empire and the definition of empire is to expand. All we care about is territory. Why do we have Alaska. Oil. Why are we fighting in the middle east? Oil.

It all comes down to that fucking idiot of a president we have. If Gore was elected i can almost guarentee this shit wouldn't be happening. It's Bush's VP's fault just because of his religion. If bush wasn't elected there would have never been a 911 and this shit wouldn't be going on right now.

The war is all about media. Do you actually believe the shit they spew out on tv? Who ever is controling bush right now wants the middle east for some reason and i wonder whats next.. the world.
Old 03-20-2003, 08:02 PM   #15
Azraelwrath

I signed it. Pankeleonn is a fucking Liberal pussy. If Gore was the president we wouldn't have went to war with Afghanistan.
SOE Interviewer: You're hired.
Old 03-20-2003, 08:29 PM   #16
Maeel

Damn I wish Plank could live in one of the many countries where there is no freedom of speech. He has the right to mouth off like an idiot and doesnt even relize he is using it. That is one of many rights this 'empire' has earned him. Must be nice being a punk kid who can sit at home and complain. Id make a couple more arguements about your flawed thinking but will wait til this gets moved to rants and flames, not trying to hijack this thread when it was started with good intentions.

But coming from a former member of the Navy keep sending out your best wishes. It means more than some can relize when your out there.

Support our troops!

Maeel
Old 03-20-2003, 08:35 PM   #17
Santril

Send a message via AIM to Santril Send a message via Yahoo to Santril
In all reality, once the investigation was done, if Gore was elected and didn't send troops to Afghanistan, he'd be thrown out of office.

That, or we'd have apologized for the buildings being in the way of their flights on 9/11....but somehow, I doubt his administration would have been that stupid.

Regardless, Bush was elected, and 9/11/2001 was sure as hell not his fault. That was planned far in advance, for different reasons, all of this you'd know if you'd bothered to watch the media and actually do some research on the subject.

My father served in the Gulf.
I live less than 20 mins away from Washington DC.
Those soldiers over there are fighting so that I don't have to worry about some sucidal terrorist coming into DC with a dirty bomb and irradiating the entire area within a a several hundred yard radius, which could expand up to 30 miles if the wind catches it.

Sorry, I rather hate living in fear of an unseen enemy. And if there's someone out there who I don't know fighting not only to protect our freedoms, but our lives...
Well...in short Pank...you have the right to your opinion...and I'll respect that, but...
for every soldier who dies fighting against terrorism so you can sleep well at night, and not have to worry about you, your friends, or your current/future family....

/bird.

Lets wish these guys a safe return home.

(Oh...and to comment...I rather resent that every idiotic comment is automatically made by a teenager. I'm only 17, and have been patrolling message boards since I was 13, without having ever gotten a comment along those lines.)

Edit:Typo
Old 03-20-2003, 08:35 PM   #18
Pankeleonn

and if this doesn't get moved to the rants and flames at least move it to the fucking america under attack boards so i don't have to read this shit in the general area.
Old 03-20-2003, 08:42 PM   #19
Maeel

'Oh...and to comment...I rather resent that every idiotic comment is automatically made by a teenager. I'm only 17, and have been patrolling message boards since I was 13, without having ever gotten a comment along those lines.)'

Your right, and I appologize

Some things just get to me and I dont think before I type. No offense to the teenagers out there

Maeel
Old 03-20-2003, 08:44 PM   #20
Théodwyn

Pank,

It's obvious that you feel strongly, and that you've got some moral beef with current events that comes out as anger.

But what do *we* have to do with that?

Look, I'm sorry for you, for me, and for everyone else in this world gone mad that these are troubling times. But cussing each other out doesn't help anyone, least of all ourselves.

There are those of us who choose to channel our energies in other ways, one of them being in reminding ourselves to support our sons, daughters, brothers, and sisters who are doing their duty; no matter what we think of the politics that brought them there. I don't begrudge you your choices, your feelings, or your right to be heard. Please do the same for me.

I hope not only that our troops come home safely, but that they face what they are facing with the best of their character, so that they do not come home wounded and bewildered, and so that they are able to have peace with themselves in going through the terrible things they must be facing right now.

Theo
Old 03-20-2003, 08:51 PM   #21
jerle

This does mean alot.

and Pank if you don't like this....don't read it...it is a free country after all isn't it?

Just think of all of the men and women over there protecting this free country.
Old 03-20-2003, 09:01 PM   #22
Aamrie

Originally posted by Pankeleonn
Who the hell cares if you sign some shit on the damn internet? The war is fucking real the internet is fake. I have zero effect on the war so i don't give a shit about it. I think its stupid and we are fucking stupid for not killing the fuck when we had the chance. I hope we all fucking die now because we don't learn from our damn mistakes.

I'm sick and tired of hearing about the war every god damn where i go. I can't even watch tv now with out some mention of the fucking war. If you have someone who is fighting then it sucks to be you... you should have gone to canada with them.
I have one word for you Pank..

MOVE!
Take your ass where ever the hell you might give a shit about something. I can tell you right now alot of troops are over there that dont agree with the reason they are there...but guess what..they are doing what they said they would...defend our country...
As for wishing death on everyone for one person's fuck up...you sir are a truly fucked up person.
I believe in everyone's right to agree/disagree..and parts of this war I really dont agree with..but when you are so fucking idiotic that you put your foot in your mouth from the first line..well...it would be better for you to take a gun stick the bitch in your mouth and pull the fucking trigger...save someone else the trouble..

Jack Thompson: Yes, put down the controller and get a life. Video gaming is an escapist activity and you’re being exploited by these companies. It’s not healthy; I worry about someone who would play Grand Theft Auto for ten hours a day. It’s a masturbatory activity, and it would be better if people put down the controller and went outside.
Old 03-20-2003, 09:15 PM   #23
kanibaal
korpse

Default why even worry about what pank says? since the first time I ever posted here he...

has always been a mouthy selfish brat.

just ignore him, one day he will grow up(think he is 18 now) and talk like he does here to people in RL and they will stomp a hole in his chest.
Old 03-20-2003, 09:32 PM   #24
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

I dont even agree with this war but i 300% back up our boys in Iraq and wish i could be there helping them instead of playing a fucking video game in new fucking jersey.
I wish them all a succesful mission to overthrow that cockstain Saddam and all 300 of his body doubles.

Pank, we dont even get our fucking oil from Iraq so they dont affect us one bit.

Read a fucking newspaper or just sniff some more glue and stfu already.
Old 03-20-2003, 09:38 PM   #25
Xerion

Nuldar, please move this to "America Under Attack" or start a new section called "Iraq Under Attack."
Closed Thread