Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2003, 07:48 PM   #26
Fastow

The /played is misleading and not really comparable to that of chars brought up the hard way. Consider, he had 4 - 5 other people helping him lvl. So, total time here lvling him is probably more like 10-12 days /played with the time split across multiple characters (who likely didnt get much if any xp in the process - i would guess even at high lvl they zoned when mobs were about to die to enhance his xp, maybe with a rotating group of some kind).

There is also time spent preparing. They had to have a plan as to where they were going to go, how long they were going to stay there, and who was going to help. Planning takes time - not reflected in his /played. Also, his gear did not grow on trees - someone spent time getting it, likely a lot of time.

That said, if I could take back the 40 or so days played I have and spend 2 days to get to the same or higher lvl, I'd do it in a heartbeat, and I'd think I would have more of a life as a result of it.

Fastow
62nd Beastlord
Fastow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 08:53 AM   #27
bobdz

Send a message via AIM to bobdz
ok let me see if i can put this in terms that you would understand....fuck it ill use your own words...

He's done what many of you fucks havent pulled off in three years of playing in two days of playing
If you would listen to yourself you would see...doing what many people do in three years in only 2 DAYS!? means he did nothing but play a freakin game straight. IE no life
bobdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 02:22 PM   #28
Man from Utopia

Originally posted by bobdz
ok let me see if i can put this in terms that you would understand....fuck it ill use your own words...

If you would listen to yourself you would see...doing what many people do in three years in only 2 DAYS!? means he did nothing but play a freakin game straight. IE no life
No, it means he has all your /played time plus the time you have yet to spend getting to 65, minus 2 days to live his life.
Man from Utopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 02:42 PM   #29
CrypteXY
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to CrypteXY
No, point is he can do it in 2 days. Meaning you could do it in 2 days aswell. But you've taken 3 years, get it?

I also dont see how devoting anytime what so ever into ANY game can be called having no life. When people do it with sports, its a hobby, collect comics, its a hobby. Rare coins? Hobby. Cars? Hobby. Game? Must have no life!

The word you doesnt exactly mean you, whoever it was I'm quoting this from.
CrypteXY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2003, 02:49 PM   #30
Xylung Swifttail

Whoopdy-friggin-doo.
Xylung Swifttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 10:17 PM   #31
Fieldy

How many of you really think its sad getting 65 in two days playing time.. I think its sad when i type /played it says 75 days. .

And i like to think I have a life
Fieldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 10:36 PM   #32
Etumaru

There is actually more to the story than just a few guys pl'ing this frog.
If you take note, the frog is holding an epic. Which means within this 2 days period they were able to obtain all the necessary pieces for the epic. I know it took nearly 6 days to get all 4 of my shards. Appears to me to be a guild effort just for the epic ... makes more sense.
I would assume there we shifts done to get him leveled by quite a few people within the guild and not just a necro. It looks to be more of a status symbol than anything else. If you have the resources to finish an epic and level to 65 in 2 days that you probably have numerous clerics already at that point to begin with.
Life ? maybe ....
smart ? who the hell cares
Impressive ? yeah right ! lmao
Better hope he is never needed for anything but the clicker.
Etumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 10:42 PM   #33
Gonada

Send a message via ICQ to Gonada
anyone can get 65 in 2 days if they have the full support of their guild in the powerleveling effort.

just a status symbol, there is noway in hell he could have done it by himself, without others helpin him, so its just a status symbol, although why is beyond me.

in the end, its the experiances youve had that matter, not the time played.
Gonada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 10:49 PM   #34
Dwarkarn

He's done what many of you fucks havent pulled off in three years of playing in two days of playing. Just because you consider yourself a casual player doesnt mean you've played any less.
Damn Straight!
Old 03-19-2003, 09:49 AM   #35
Ararain

Default A 65 frog in 2 days is nothing

Many of you are replying with "He got to 65 in 2 days" the reality is that HE didnt do shit. From the looks of his stats all he did was nuke occasionally so he wouldnt be KSed from his damage sheilds. Im sure an entire guild helped him do it and they had all of his gear and zone camping planned out and ready. This is the work of a team not just one person. On top of that it probably wasn't very fun doing it and now that char will have a very hard time in the higher levels if he wants to survive I.E. alteration 24. It's not much of an accomplishment if you ask me. There isn't a "HE" that did it so you cant really go out and brag about it. Thats like standing there while someone builds you a car, and then you go and brag about how you built it. Pathetic. Show me a frog thats 65 and hasn't been PLed and then maybe that will be impressive.
Old 03-19-2003, 10:07 AM   #36
Khael

Sheesh.. all these words when all you people could have just said "I'm jealous" ;)
Old 03-19-2003, 10:08 AM   #37
Ojuillean

I pl'd Khael from 1 to 65 in only 225 days, 12 hours and 15 minutes played. Top that!

:eek:
Old 03-19-2003, 10:10 AM   #38
Khael

Maybe I'd better clarify.. instead of "I'm jealous" you could substitute " I'm jealous that I've spent so much longer than 2 days and I'm not 65 yet, or I'm not epic'd yet. That person must have no life - nevermind the fact that that frog has a miniscule fraction of my own played time. That's not impressive, that's CHEATING. I'm so jealous." to be a little more clear.
Old 03-19-2003, 10:12 AM   #39
Khael

I bet I can de-PL you from 65 to 1 much faster than that, Oj! :o
Old 03-19-2003, 10:14 AM   #40
Ojuillean

Old 03-19-2003, 10:49 AM   #41
Jaromir

I bet I can de-PL you from 65 to 1 much faster than that, Oj!
Judging by the number of Khael corpses I always see around, I'd say your expertise at deleveling is unmatched.
Jaromir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 09:30 PM   #42
Mistomeer

Khael hit the nail on the proverbial head. I wonder what the /played time is for all the proponents of the "He has no life" crowd compared to the 2 days played on this frog. It took this person two days to have an almost instant 96% rezz whenever they need one...hell, where do I sign up?