Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2008, 05:03 PM   #1
Martigan
Supporter

Send a message via AIM to Martigan
Default The One

I thought Jet Li was The One...I guess I was wrong.

SFW, just not SFO (Safe For Obama)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mopkn0lPzM8
Martigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 06:26 PM   #2
Ini
Indestructible

Send a message via Yahoo to Ini
I am Yulaw, I'm nobody's bitch...........You are mine.... I don't need to know you..... You only need to know me.....and I.... will be..... The One!

That reminds me of someone eating a shit sandwich who is happy that it has 20% less shit.
Ini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 07:37 PM   #3
furo

I gotta hand it to whoever is behind the making of these creative videos ... they are starting to take their toll on the public too.
furo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 04:54 AM   #4
bumbleroot

Guess we are waiting for McCain to run on substance. As normal, the Republican strategy is a hatchet job. I think this will be a failed strategy this time. Its pretty easy for Obama to argue that attacking a persons character won't solve the nations problems.
What's worse is McCain had this done to him in 2000 and he wasn't too happy about it. I guess he has no conscience.
This is going to backfire very soon on him as he is going to be painted as an angry old man, and he will do it on his own.
Old 08-02-2008, 05:51 AM   #5
Axgar

Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
Yea Bumbles, to bad the idiot Obama already brought race into the issue then acts as if McCain will be the one to do so............. people get sick of that shit in a big hurry to.
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 05:57 AM   #6
bumbleroot

Ok Axhole try this on.

We are paying more for gas, unemployment is going up, our deficit is at record numbers, we have spent or will spend about 1 trillion dollars in Iraq, we have a failed energy policy, the dollar is down, the stock market is flat, real wages are down.
Knowing all that, what policy of McCain's is a change from Bush's? He has advocated all of Bush's policies, and they all failed. So what will we get for the next four years if we elect McCain? Continued failure.

The truth is, McCain has one record, that he was shot down and detained as a POW. So what? That would mean all you needed to do was fuck up in battle and you could be president.
When it comes to judgment, his policies are to continue the Bush plans. He (even to his own admission) knows little about the economy. His judgment is very poor. His energy policy is to do whatever it takes to satisfy the oil companies wishes (which was Bush's policies). He has advocated every Bush strategy in regards to the war. And that has been a failure as well.
He has no clue and he has offered none because his plans are a failure.

So when he runs against Obama's character, that is because he has no winning plan. It is meant to disguise his lack of ideas. He can not run on his failed plans because they are shallow.
Old 08-02-2008, 05:15 PM   #7
AjTaliesen

Originally Posted by bumbleroot View Post
Guess we are waiting for McCain to run on substance. As normal, the Republican strategy is a hatchet job. I think this will be a failed strategy this time. Its pretty easy for Obama to argue that attacking a persons character won't solve the nations problems.
What's worse is McCain had this done to him in 2000 and he wasn't too happy about it. I guess he has no conscience.
This is going to backfire very soon on him as he is going to be painted as an angry old man, and he will do it on his own.
LOL

I...wait...must stop to lol again.

Substance?

McCain has voiced detailed plans AND has a history of sponsoring legislation for: The only Iraq strat that has worked (which made him Bush's chief rival for most of the last 8 years), rights for detainees, alternative energy as well as offshore drilling, election reform, cutting omnibus pork, tax reform, medicare improvements, and pretty much all other issues.

Obama almost took a stand on the war, then decided not to. He almost took a stand on meeting with foriegn leaders then decided not to. He considered dealing with the issue of alternative fuel, but realised it would be a mistake.

But he HAS taken a really strong unmoving stance on being against Bush and liking the sound of the word "Change".

By the way Dimrod...I know I'm pushing my luck hoping you'll understand this concept since it's at a 3rd grade reading level: these ads are not being made by McCain, they are being made by ordinary people like us who think Obama is empty rhetoric. McCain has been talking about the issues while Obama talks about Bush and how everyone who has ever run for office but him is guilty of illegally accepting contributions from corporations.
AjTaliesen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 05:20 PM   #8
AjTaliesen

Originally Posted by bumbleroot View Post
Ok Axhole try this on.

We are paying more for gas, unemployment is going up, our deficit is at record numbers, we have spent or will spend about 1 trillion dollars in Iraq, we have a failed energy policy, the dollar is down, the stock market is flat, real wages are down.
Knowing all that, what policy of McCain's is a change from Bush's? He has advocated all of Bush's policies, and they all failed. So what will we get for the next four years if we elect McCain? Continued failure.

The truth is, McCain has one record, that he was shot down and detained as a POW. So what? That would mean all you needed to do was fuck up in battle and you could be president.
When it comes to judgment, his policies are to continue the Bush plans. He (even to his own admission) knows little about the economy. His judgment is very poor. His energy policy is to do whatever it takes to satisfy the oil companies wishes (which was Bush's policies). He has advocated every Bush strategy in regards to the war. And that has been a failure as well.
He has no clue and he has offered none because his plans are a failure.

So when he runs against Obama's character, that is because he has no winning plan. It is meant to disguise his lack of ideas. He can not run on his failed plans because they are shallow.
Still talking out of your ass?

Ok, the policies McCain has been Bush's opponent on: Handling of the Iraq war, he's been a leading voice against Gitmo and Abu Girab. He's one of the biggest opponent of pork spending in the senate, and unlike Obama he's actually been out for the last two months talking pretty much non stop about alternative energy..obviously you should feel free to put your hands in your ears and sing "LALALANEVERHAPPENED" to maintain your sweet sweet ignorance, but be aware that when you open your mouth you'll show it.

Meanwhile Obama continues to run on no platform whatsoever other than anti Bush, and even you offer NOTHING to support him other than anti Bush.

/fail.
Old 08-02-2008, 05:44 PM   #9
Ini
Indestructible

I think what Bumbles meant was McCain is endorsing these ads made by whoever they are made by. The funny thing is the question in the end is compeletly on the spot about Obama. Will he be able to stand up to the pressure being so inexperienced. IF he wins he just won't be a Senator anymore, the same goes for McCain. I put my trust more in someone who has served alot longer and has shown a record of doing the right thing for The United States over someone who has been a Senator for only a few years.

Let's look at this metaphorically (sp?)

You have an item missing from your house. You call the police and you see two detectives show up. One is fresh out of the academy (yes I know that generally doesn't happen but for shits and giggles roll with it.) and the other is a seasoned veteran. Which do you want handling your case? I know I would want the vet because he knows where to go, who to talk to, and how to get my item back, where as the rookie is still learning where to go, who to talk to, how to get the item back. It is a dumb metaphor but that is about as simple as I can make it.

That reminds me of someone eating a shit sandwich who is happy that it has 20% less shit.
Old 08-02-2008, 06:14 PM   #10
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Let's be honest though: if it was an inexperienced Republican Senator running against a longtime Democrat, you wouldn't be voting for the Dem I'd guess. I'm not saying experience isn't part of the equation for some people (mostly those in the middle), but for most voters, they wouldn't cross party lines anyway, so it's a moot point.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:53 PM   #11
AjTaliesen

Originally Posted by Hormadrune View Post
Let's be honest though: if it was an inexperienced Republican Senator running against a longtime Democrat, you wouldn't be voting for the Dem I'd guess. I'm not saying experience isn't part of the equation for some people (mostly those in the middle), but for most voters, they wouldn't cross party lines anyway, so it's a moot point.
It's funny actually...I'd say most people (somewhere around 90% if I had to guess) describe themselves as "fairly moderate" yes it's closer to around 8% of the total population who in reality vote outside party lines according to most polls. Elections end up being decided by a combination of who that 8% go for and whether or not the base gets out (sometimes a spoiler can siphon votes Perot style, but that still counts as party lines).
Old 08-02-2008, 09:49 PM   #12
solicia

I have read a lot of things going back and fourth on these message boards...but that has to be about the most disrespectful thing I have ever read here....I'll remember to say that when I present the next flag to a family. "here is your flag your family member fucked up in battle."
solicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 10:35 PM   #13
Ini
Indestructible

Of course there are other factors there besides as simple as I made it. Fact remains, I am not above, (I am part of a few I would say) that would cross party lines if I felt the candidate measured up. Obama just does not do that for me. I would say this year is as close as I have come to not voting at all, or at least voting something other than the major two. There is going to have to be a MAJOR event that a candidate will stand out.

Old 08-02-2008, 11:06 PM   #14
Axgar

Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
I love it when he calls me axhole........ it means i made him realize he was wrong.
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 07:20 AM   #15
Rheaton

It's precisely that mindset that keeps us a two party system (not you, but the country as a whole).

I said this very early during the primaries here on this board - this is the time that we need, more then ever, a president with experience. It would be better to have that old "Washington insider", career politician, etc. - then some "new blood", fresh face for "Change". There are just way too many hot irons in the fire - too many pressing and immediate issues to be dealt with to have some greenhorn senator to come in and cut his teeth on.
"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (1st Corinthians 2:14)
:9
Rheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 07:53 AM   #16
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Originally Posted by Rheaton View Post
It's precisely that mindset that keeps us a two party system (not you, but the country as a whole).
Completely agree. Neither the DNC nor GOP has been presenting great choices in recent years. However, nor have any of the more prominent "3rd" parties. The sad fact of the matter is that the only people with the resources to get enough exposure to be a legitimate candidate are those willing to work through the two major parties. I don't think we'll ever have a 3rd party president.

I said this very early during the primaries here on this board - this is the time that we need, more then ever, a president with experience. It would be better to have that old "Washington insider", career politician, etc. - then some "new blood", fresh face for "Change". There are just way too many hot irons in the fire - too many pressing and immediate issues to be dealt with to have some greenhorn senator to come in and cut his teeth on.
I don't think inexperience is an unimportant issue- I think it's a fair point of attack for those looking to attack Obama. Though in fairness, senate experience is a poor proxy for presidential potential IMO other than proving one can wade through the muck and mire of Washington for a few years- I think he's a dope non pareil, but even Bush had experience as a governor, which is more similar to a presidential role than senators'. But a president's success is largely built on the team he surrounds himself with- which is a key part of what will drive my vote this year. If Obama doesn't attach himself to someone with decent defense credentials then I don't think he stands much of a chance going into November.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:15 PM   #17
Rheaton

Originally Posted by Hormadrune
Completely agree. Neither the DNC nor GOP has been presenting great choices in recent years. However, nor have any of the more prominent "3rd" parties. The sad fact of the matter is that the only people with the resources to get enough exposure to be a legitimate candidate are those willing to work through the two major parties. I don't think we'll ever have a 3rd party president.
And this year would have been a perfect year for a 3rd party candidate...if they could get their act together.

I think that we are at a crossroads in terms of national identity. Are we a sovereign nation or are we a "nation of the world"? The ideas and mood that Oh'bama! is presenting is that we are moreso unified with the world then we are dedicated to "America first". McCain definitely represents "America first" alot more then Oh!

Back on this "The One" thing. .. and yeah, ima gonna go biblical on your arses for a moment. I do not think that Oh'bama! is the anti-christ or the beast... but isnt it a little concerning how so many are being swooned by a charismatic politician? How people are throwing themselves at him is amazing. Yeah.. Ive seen little teenyboppers jizz over rock stars, but this is ridiculous.

It to me seems like the stage is set for someone to come in and quickly and easily rise to world power. We are so eager and lacking in spirit that the first one that fills that void in our hearts will quickly rise to the top.
"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (1st Corinthians 2:14)
Old 08-04-2008, 07:22 PM   #18
Ini
Indestructible

I hate to get all biblical back on yo funky self but, 1. I thought that the Anti-Christ would rise to power somewhere in the mideast. 2. Not EVERYONE is swooned over by Obama. I know I read that when the Anti-Christ arrives, EVERYONE (save for those that have accepted Jesus into their hearts) will accept this new leader. Obama has charisma yes, but to be that well liked he is not. 3. I thought I also remember from reading and lessons that Westerners, (us) are not even a blip on the final stages before the Anti-Christ comes to power. I may be off because it has been a while since I have looked into such things.

Old 08-04-2008, 07:48 PM   #19
Rheaton

Originally Posted by Ini View Post
I hate to get all biblical back on yo funky self but, 1. I thought that the Anti-Christ would rise to power somewhere in the mideast.
Im no bible scholar or prophecy dude, but I do recall that the anti-christ will rise out of the Revived Roman Empire - which is basically the E.U. However, if I recall there are still two to drop out of the E.U. for a total of a final 11 (it will built to 13 countries, then 2 will drop).

2. Not EVERYONE is swooned over by Obama. I know I read that when the Anti-Christ arrives, EVERYONE (save for those that have accepted Jesus into their hearts) will accept this new leader. Obama has charisma yes, but to be that well liked he is not.
Thats why I said that I dont think that Oh'bama is the anti-christ (or the beast - a second very charismatic person). I just found it striking that in America and in many places in the world, people are peeing their pants over Oh!...and American politician.

3. I thought I also remember from reading and lessons that Westerners, (us) are not even a blip on the final stages before the Anti-Christ comes to power. I may be off because it has been a while since I have looked into such things.
There is alot of debate about this. One idea is that the rapture will basically end America as we know it with so many Christians suddenly "gone". Another thought is that America will be brought to an insignificant state that she will not even be a player - However, with all our nukes, its almost impossible for us to not be of some considerable influence unless we are totally destroyed.

America is also thought to be an aid to the R.R.E. (Revived Roman Empire)...basically being it's muscle and mouthpiece until the we break with the R.R.E. and side with Israel after the AC breaks a seven year peace agreement with Israel after 3 1/2 years into it.

The signing of the 7 year peace agreement signals the start of Jacob's Trouble.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:34 PM   #20
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

what in the fuck?
Old 08-04-2008, 09:24 PM   #21
AjTaliesen

When what we know of as the New Testament was assembled, some books were chosen to be included, some were chosen to be left out. I've always felt that (and quite a few esteemed religious scholars that I've read agree) that revelations probably shouldn't have made the cut. It's the most popular among film makers and high school kids, but the most common intepretation I've seen among biblical scholars is that it's a failed prophesy that had some decent imagery and poetry woven in.

In any case, I've been fairly anti Obama from the beginning. He sucks. But calling him the anti Christ would be as silly as those who thought that Cheney was (or still do.."he cometh at the head of a vast right wing conspiracy...") Hypocrite with a chip on his shoulder and a record of non stop negative campaigning is a far cry from "Destroyer of Worlds™." (I hope).

edit: one of the things that makes revelations so compelling is not that it's a failed prophesy or the cool imagery is how many times it has failed. For almost two thousand years now it seems not a single year has gone by without someone pointing out the uncanny resemblence between the passage and current events suggesting that the apocolypse was due by next srping...fall at the latest.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:33 PM   #22
Rickonstark GTR

I am COnnor McCloud of the clan McCloud... And I am immortal...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnrXi...eature=related
Rickonstark GTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 05:30 AM   #23
FafnerMorell
Warrior 4 the working-day

Actually, the EU is up to 27 countries, not just 13 (or 11) - they've got Malta, Luxembourg, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Latvia, Estonia, and a bunch of places that most folks have never heard of. Heck, they're up to 15 languages alone.

However, it's probably reasonable to believe that Obama has the body of a leapord, and it's possible he's got 4 wings hidden somewhere. Hopefully he'll release his medical records and we can know for certain.
-- William Shakespeare, Henvy V, Act 4, Scene 3
FafnerMorell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 06:13 AM   #24
Pafuna
Brilliant Curmudgeon

I love Revelations, it's an exciting read. I tell ya, though, if I were to pick any point in history for the return of the anti-Christ, it would have to be 1939. I mean, seriously, two of the most horrific dictators in history, a very aggressive eastern Empire pillaging the Pacific and Nanking, a world war looming on the horizon... no wonder people in the U.S. in 1939 wanted to stay in their happy places...
Damn, is Pafuna allowed to win the intrawebs twice, or is it a lifetime achievement thing?
Pafuna is offline   Reply With Quote