Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2008, 06:30 PM   #1
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Default Obama's Brilliant Energy Plan

Damn... does this guy have Bumbles as a speech writer?
http://www.breitbart.tv/html/142113.html
SFW unless you work for the Aryan Brotherhood or something...
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:07 PM   #2
SupportTank

its good advice.

too many people ignore their tires.

70 Warrior - Affliction

If someone tells you it's OK to lie. How do you know they aren't lying?
SupportTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:42 PM   #3
Drysdale
RSS Feed

It's Bumbleshit. There's not enough air in the world to make inflating tires fuel-efficient enough to stand up to his claims.
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 07-31-2008, 03:10 AM   #4
solicia

I'm green!!!!!! daddy Al Gore and his brother Obama would be proud, we just replaced the tires on our new Durango with different ones, so they are fully inflated. And before anyone says it we didn't buy it for fuel effenciency, it seats 8 is 4 wheel drive, and can tow our boat.
solicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:51 AM   #5
Michael Cumberlan

HEY ... if your hull is carbon fiber, does that count as carbon offsets?

Wait ... let me guess ... your boat is Solar Powered!!!

Sorry ... unless your boat is actually the color green, enviro-whackos will not allow you to say your boat is green ... and even then, there may be copyright issues ...
Michael Cumberlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:44 PM   #6
Ogmuk
Administrator

It's more realistic than McCain's "ummm... maybe we need more power plants" 'solution' which we already discussed. We have commercials here which warn people to keep on checking the inflation of their tires. The Dukes of Hazzard style.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:13 PM   #7
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by Ogmuk View Post
It's more realistic than McCain's "ummm... maybe we need more power plants" 'solution' which we already discussed. We have commercials here which warn people to keep on checking the inflation of their tires. The Dukes of Hazzard style.
We DO need more powre plants. That's an obvious one.

But Hey! Let's put more air in our tires! That'll fix the energy crisis! And let's put on sweaters to keep warm in winter because we can't afford heating oil!
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 07-31-2008, 01:23 PM   #8
furo

It's more realistic than McCain's "ummm... maybe we need more power plants" 'solution' which we already discussed.
Maybe we need more power plants?

It's not really a "maybe," Og, it's more like a "must."
furo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 03:52 AM   #9
bumbleroot

Gee, imagine the only plan McCain has is to keep giving back to the oil companies who literally just raped us over a barrel in the last quarter. Perhaps it has something to do with the campaign contributions he received from them. Exxon Mobil raked in 11.4 billion in profit in the last quarter. As I said, if we drill more here, its going to the highest bidder.
Let's look at this one more time. We are in the 7th year of the Bush energy plan, which was created by Cheney. The oil companies are raking in the dough, we get to pay for it.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:35 AM   #10
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by bumbleroot View Post
Gee, imagine the only plan McCain has is to keep giving back to the oil companies who literally just raped us over a barrel in the last quarter.
Gee, Look eveyone! Bumbles lies yet again!

Originally Posted by McCain
Alcohol fuels made from corn, sugar, switch grass and many other sources, fuel cells, biodiesel derived from waste products, natural gas, and other technologies are all promising and available alternatives to oil. I won't support subsidizing every alternative or tariffs that restrict the healthy competition that stimulates innovation and lower costs. But I'll encourage the development of infrastructure and market growth necessary for these products to compete, and let consumers choose the winners. I've never known an American entrepreneur worthy of the name who wouldn't rather compete for sales than subsidies.

America's electricity production is for the most part petroleum free, and the existing electric power grid has the capacity to handle the added demand imposed by plug-in hybrid vehicles. We can add more capacity and improve its reliability in the years ahead. Nuclear energy, renewable power, and other emission free forms of power production can expand capacity, improve local air quality and address climate change. I'll work to promote real partnerships between utilities and automakers to accelerate the deployment of plug-in hybrids.

With some of the savings from cutting subsidies for industries that can stand on their own, we can establish a national challenge to improve the cost, range, size, and weight of electric batteries for automobiles. Fifty percent of cars on the road are driven 25 miles a day or less. Affordable battery-powered vehicles that can meet average commuter needs could help us cut oil imports in half. The reward will be earned through merit by whomever accomplishes the task, whether a laboratory in the Department of Energy, a university, a corporation or an enterprising young inventor who works out of his family's garage.
https://www.johnmccain.com/informing...97872571ed.htm

Perhaps it has something to do with the campaign contributions he received from them. Exxon Mobil raked in 11.4 billion in profit in the last quarter. As I said, if we drill more here, its going to the highest bidder.
Let's look at this one more time. We are in the 7th year of the Bush energy plan, which was created by Cheney. The oil companies are raking in the dough, we get to pay for it.
Hey stupid! (Yes, bumbles, that means you) What was Exxon's profit margin?

Here, I know you'll just either ignore my question (Because that's a typical Bumbleshit response) or lie (Yet another Bumbleshit response) so I did the legwork for you. Here's 5 tech companies that are making larger profits than Exxon. Should we boycott Apple as well? Are they "literally raping us"? Is Steve Jobs' cock in your as as we speak?

http://www.techvat.com/5-tech-compan...xon-mobil.html
Exxon Mobil

Gross Profit Margin1: 43.3%
EBIT Margin2: 18.7%
EBITDA Margin3: 18.5%
Pre-Tax Profit Margin4: 18.6%
52 week Range on stock price: 69.02 - 95.27
Market Cap: 481.04B

Those numbers look very, very good, don’t they? With profit margins like those Exxon Mobil has been able to pull down record profits like no other public company in the world! Are those numbers insane? Should Exxon Mobil be punished for having such massive profits?

If you think Exxon Mobil should have its “insane” profits taxed by the government than you should also want these five tech companies taxed for their record profits too.

Apple Inc

Gross Profit Margin: 38.1%
EBIT Margin: 18.7%
EBITDA Margin: 17.7%
Pre-Tax Profit Margin: 18.7%
52 week Range on stock price: 83.75 - 202.96
Market Cap: 114.17B

Apple’s Gross Profit Margin is a little bit lower than that of Exxon Mobil but its Pre-Tax Profit Margin is better than that of Exxon Mobil. Let’s not forget that the stock price of AAPL took an amazing roller coaster ride over the past 13 months. Just before MacWorld 2007 APPL was trading in the $80 range. It passed $200 a share in 2007 before crashing down to its current $130 range today.

Google

Gross Profit Margin: 69.3%
EBIT Margin: 32.2%
EBITDA Margin: 33.9%
Pre-Tax Profit Margin: 32.2%
52 week Range on stock price: 437.00 - 747.24
Market Cap: 148.98B

Look at those number. If anyone is guilty of profiteering should it not be Google? This Internet advertising juggernaut is blowing everyone away. Or, it was, last year. Google stock peaked a few months before Apple did and recent news has not helped it one bit. Still, look at those margins!

Yahoo

Gross Profit Margin: 66.6%
EBIT Margin: 16.7%
EBITDA Margin: 21.4%
Pre-Tax Profit Margin: 16.7%
52 week Range on stock price: 18.58 - 34.08
Market Cap: 39.26B

Even though Yahoo has suffered since Google began eating their lunch (breakfast, dinner, brunch, snacks, etc…) it is still a very profitable company. Its Pre-Tax Profit Margin is not looking so hot these days and they are suffering under a number of shareholder lawsuits (some tied to their declining Microsoft’s buy out offer). Yahoo also has problems with spending large amounts of money buying up web companies and then letting them die.

Intel Corp

Gross Profit Margin: 62.5%
EBIT Margin: 21.6%
EBITDA Margin: 32.8%
Pre-Tax Profit Margin: 21.5%
52 week Range on stock price: 18.05 - 27.99
Market Cap: 118.60B

Intel is old school tech. They have been a big player in the microchip industry for a long time. Fighting off competition from AMD and Texas Instruments is what this company does well. They have been around for a long time and likely will be around for even longer.

Microsoft

Gross Profit Margin: 81.4%
EBIT Margin: 39.3%
EBITDA Margin: 39.9%
Pre-Tax Profit Margin: 39.3%
52 week Range on stock price: 26.60 - 37.50
Market Cap: 259.94B

Microsoft, everyone seems to forget just how big this company is. Their Market Cap is a little over half of that of Exxon Mobil and their margins are even higher than that of Google! Even with the lukewarm reaction to the release of Windows Vista Microsoft has had no problem remaining profitable. This is due in part to the amazing Xbox line of video game consoles.
Buh bye, retard.
-Robert A. Heinlein

Last edited by Drysdale; 08-01-2008 at 06:40 AM.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:46 AM   #11
FafnerMorell
Warrior 4 the working-day

It's interesting to see the media's reaction to Exxon's profit of $11 billion, and GM's loss of 14 billion.

"OMG, a company is making a large profit. How unfair! The public is getting screwed - the government needs to do something. OMG, a company has huge losses. How unfair. Their workers are getting screwed - the government needs to do something"
-- William Shakespeare, Henvy V, Act 4, Scene 3
FafnerMorell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 06:50 AM   #12
Pafuna
Brilliant Curmudgeon

I think that's a bit disingenuous.

McCain and, dare I say, Obama, have drafted energy plans, each is fairly comprehensive in their respective approach to our current and future energy needs. There are significant differences between the plans, but in essence, it would be unfair to either candidate to paint a simplistic soundbite over either's plan (like McCain = Big Oil, Obama = Pie-in-sky Supergreen, etc.). Personally, I find McCain's plan less than convincing and Obama's a fabulous disaster for our economy, but they have plans, and each has some elements of merit.

We also have public service announcements over here reminding us about tire pressure and we've had them here for years. It's commonly known that keeping your vehicle in good repair, including tires, regular oil changes, and the like, will increase your fuel efficiency and reduce your overall transportation costs. But is anyone really going to believe that all of these things will stop the need for oil exploration and meeting our future energy needs? Seriously? I mean, c'mon, I'm all for good vehicle maintenance and highly endorse it, but solve the world's energy needs? That's a bit of a stretch.
Damn, is Pafuna allowed to win the intrawebs twice, or is it a lifetime achievement thing?
Pafuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 06:54 AM   #13
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

The reason people react so strongly to oil company earnings is that it hits them in the wallet every week. Joe Q Public could give a crap about what Apple is taking in because unless he's filling up on iTunes at a clip of $50/week it simply doesn't impact his day to day reality. But energy costs? That's a steady source of pain for a lot of middle class and poor people. I'm not saying they're not ignorant of the economics behind those profits, but it's fairly obvious why "average" people get so worked up about oil profits.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:00 AM   #14
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by Hormadrune View Post
The reason people react so strongly to oil company earnings is that it hits them in the wallet every week. Joe Q Public could give a crap about what Apple is taking in because unless he's filling up on iTunes at a clip of $50/week it simply doesn't impact his day to day reality. But energy costs? That's a steady source of pain for a lot of middle class and poor people. I'm not saying they're not ignorant of the economics behind those profits, but it's fairly obvious why "average" people get so worked up about oil profits.
I can't and won't argue your point. It's a good one.

But I WILL object to the Bumbleshit back a few messages trying to convince us of the same. We aren't a collectively stupid bunch. Not even you, as much as it saddens me to say...
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 08-01-2008, 07:19 AM   #15
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Thanks Snugglebear
Old 08-01-2008, 07:23 AM   #16
solicia

It doesn't matter to me how much they make, no more than it matters to me how much any of you make, and it shouldn't matter how much I gross a year from our web hosting and the selling of the property in Tennessee. In my opinion the price of gas has gone up very little compared to the cost of food so fourth, and is where I would expect it to be due to rising labor cost and overhead cost for maintenance on the plants.
solicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 07:34 AM   #17
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by Hormadrune View Post
Thanks Snugglebear
I think I just threw up a little in my mouth!
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 08-01-2008, 07:39 AM   #18
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
I think I just threw up a little in my mouth!
Which is weird, you're usually quite good at controlling your gag reflex
Old 08-01-2008, 07:40 AM   #19
ShardmoonVer.1

A better response would have been either

A) do i taste better the second time

or

B) Snow ball me, bitch
Old 08-01-2008, 07:53 AM   #20
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Originally Posted by ShardmoonVer.1 View Post
A better response would have been either

A) do i taste better the second time

or

B) Snow ball me, bitch
Choice A is the winner. Choice B makes me want to gargle bleach though.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:02 AM   #21
Ini
Indestructible

Send a message via Yahoo to Ini
Or choice C.

The Tony Danza.

When you smack someone in the forehead with your cock and say, "Who's the boss bitch"

That reminds me of someone eating a shit sandwich who is happy that it has 20% less shit.
Ini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:21 AM   #22
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by Ini View Post
Or choice C.

The Tony Danza.

When you smack someone in the forehead with your cock and say, "Who's the boss bitch"
And you keep on till they Mona!
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 08-01-2008, 09:25 AM   #23
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

<groan>
Old 08-01-2008, 09:33 AM   #24
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Thank you folks! I'll be here all week! Don't forget to tip your waitstaff!
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 08-01-2008, 10:22 AM   #25
Ini
Indestructible

Send a message via Yahoo to Ini
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
And you keep on till they Mona!
Wow............................

That reminds me of someone eating a shit sandwich who is happy that it has 20% less shit.
Ini is offline   Reply With Quote