Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent


Reply
 
Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2008, 11:59 AM   #26
ShardmoonVer.1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Jacksonville
Posts: 7,457
The reason Dems keep the black vote has nothing to do with the actions of Republicans. Its because Dems are willing to keep them addicted to hand outs and their special victim status. When blacks start voting their beliefs (which are actually pretty conservative) you wont see such a disparity.

This is the part where you tell us you know all the black people and they say differently.
__________________
If you don't have something good to say about some one, say it loud.
ShardmoonVer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 12:08 PM   #27
AjTaliesen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,516
Originally Posted by Axgar View Post
crap, i need to read better i thought bumbles posted it....... and we all know he believes that libs are open minded and cons are.... whatever is bad in the world all rolled into one.

Yeah you had to read the next line of my post to get that is was sarcasm. (I'm pretty much shunned by the left...I like to think of myself these days as a "Lieberman Dem"...DNC hawks no longer exist since Dean came to power).

I doubt very many people have accused Bumbles of being way too moderate for the DNC.

Although, realistically, there probably are some who think so. I never thought I'd see the day when Hilary was considered too moderate by ANYONE let alone the party leadership. Hilary for crying out loud! Isn't that sort of like the RNC claiming that Newt Gingrich is a communist?
AjTaliesen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 01:56 PM   #28
Axgar
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,028
Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
There is ONE way to prove you were against Indian killing (which shows your idiocy) LEAVE, if I go steal a house and just give it to you to live in are you going to stay their? same difference.

You see dumbass, this little thing called survival of the fittest, or war if you must has been going on since the beginning of time, lands have changed hands in EVERY SINGLE FUCKING COUNTRY that exists and some places that we don't know exist for all I know, maybe don't make it right, maybe it is the way it's supposed to be, would it be better if we all got along and did the right thing all the time? yea sure it would, and it would also be a better world for me if meg Ryan made nightly naked bed checks to my house.... not gonna happen.

What about crippled people? they have been fucked with for years, what about mentally handicapp....... wait you probably realize that.
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 03:08 PM   #29
Beal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,265
Originally Posted by AJ T
Isn't that sort of like the RNC claiming that Newt Gingrich is a communist?
Well he did do that global warming commercial with Nancy Pelosi...
Beal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 03:19 PM   #30
bumbleroot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 7,756
The reason Dems keep the black vote has nothing to do with the actions of Republicans. Its because Dems are willing to keep them addicted to hand outs and their special victim status. When blacks start voting their beliefs (which are actually pretty conservative) you wont see such a disparity.
No its because the Dems passed the Civil Rights act, and its because the Dems passed the MLK holiday and its because they Dems are fairly represented in numbers and in philosophy to more blacks.


You see dumbass, this little thing called survival of the fittest
You're a fucking lunatic and the worse part about it is you are oblivious to it. This was the same excuse for genocide the Nazis used.
Oh yeah Bible boy, tell me where that is a Christian value.
__________________
YES WE DID!!! AGAIN!!!

Last edited by bumbleroot; 07-29-2008 at 03:29 PM.
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 05:19 PM   #31
Beal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,265
Originally Posted by Bumbles
No its because the Dems passed the Civil Rights act, and its because the Dems passed the MLK holiday and its because they Dems are fairly represented in numbers and in philosophy to more blacks.
Both parties voted in favor of the 1964 Civil Rights Act. However, there was much greater dissent in the Democrat Party than the Republican Party. It was Democrats who nearly killed the bill by holding it up in committee hearings and attempting to filibuster. 31% of Senate Democrats and 37% of House Democrats ultimately voted against the bill. Those numbers were 18% and 20% for the Republican Party. Among the few Republicans that did oppose the bill, many, if not most, opposed it for non-racist reasons. It's hard to say the same for Democrats such as Robert Byrd and Al Gore Sr.

Since you are a self-declared expert on the hearts and minds of black people, care to tell us how is it that blacks in the United States have come to credit the Act's passage to Democrats?

The truth is that the oft-repeated story about blacks fleeing the Republican Party in the 1960s is a convenient fairy tale told be Democrats trying to whitewash their legacy. Blacks left the Republican party long before the 1960's. In fact blacks flocked to the Democrat Party around the time of the Depression, when FDR started handing out stacks of money to the poor. Democrats who favored the Civil Rights Acts of the 1960s didn't have to worry about capturing the black vote. They had to worry about losing it.

Since the end of the Civil War, blacks had favored Republicans. That all changed in 1936 (note that 1936 is not the same as 1964) when African Americans changed allegiances, and a full three quarters voted Democrat. African Americans have been a sure thing for the Democrats ever since.

From the creation of our Republic until the time of the Depression, every single black Senator or Representative elected in the United States (a total of 24) was a Republican. Since the Depression, 75 blacks have been elected to the House or Senate. Almost all of them (72) have been Democrats. All 6 elected between 1935 and 1964 were Democrats.

Bumbles, do you ever post anything that doesn't come right out of the DNC playbook?

http://www.washtimes.com/news/2004/j...-085601-3968r/
http://www.kennesaw.edu/pols/3380/pres/1936.html
http://www.africanamericans.com/Blac...raticParty.htm
http://asp1.umbc.edu/newmedia/sites/...pennington.pdf
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African...tates_Congress
Beal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 05:23 PM   #32
Beal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,265
Originally Posted by Godwin
This was the same excuse for genocide the Nazis used.
I thought they used the excuse that they were only following orders.
Beal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 07:45 PM   #33
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
Originally Posted by bumbler
So if you want to go on history as Paf does, then you all should hate all cons for doing the acts of the few.
Why should history dictate who I hate and why? You're making even less sense than usual, bumbler.

So, a crazy guy went on a rampage against liberals. What the fuck does that have to do with anything you're saying? Only in your altered reality does that have anything to do with the multitude of people who blame Muslims for terrorism, most of which could be liberal for all you fucking know.

We get it, you hate cons. Move the fuck on.
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 07:00 AM   #34
Axgar
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,028
Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
Bumbles, will you please move to a country that has not had a civil war or some sort of takeover.......... you would have to jump off of the earth and then Im not even sure you would find a place.
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 07:18 AM   #35
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Originally Posted by bumbleroot View Post
No its because the Dems passed the Civil Rights act
http://grandoldpartisan.typepad.com/...ats_filib.html
On this day in 1964, Everett Dirksen (R-IL), the Republican Leader in the U.S. Senate, condemned the Democrats' 57-day filibuster against the 1964 Civil Rights Act. Leading the Democrats in their opposition to civil rights for African-Americans was Senator Robert Byrd (D-WV). Byrd, who got into politics as a recruiter for the Ku Klux Klan, spoke against the bill for fourteen straight hours. Democrats still call Robert Byrd "the conscience of the Senate."
More Bumbleshit. Bumbleshit, btw, is twice as big as bullshit and much much more smelly. Luckily, it's remarkably easy to wash off. Just a smidgen of IQ mixed with the teensiest bit of truth and the Bumlbeshit loses all power to offend and actually becimes rather humorous.
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:29 AM   #36
SupportTank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ottawa. AKA, SUCK CENTRAL!
Posts: 3,344
im pretty sure Canada hasn't had a civil war since its creation.

but please dont tell bumbles.

oh and bumbles you are still a idiot.
__________________
Everyone has The Right to MY opinion!
Everyone also has the right to be Stupid every now and then. Some people Don't know how Not to abuse that!

70 Warrior - Affliction

If someone tells you it's OK to lie. How do you know they aren't lying?
SupportTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:20 AM   #37
bumbleroot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 7,756
Both parties voted in favor of the 1964 Civil Rights Act. However, there was much greater dissent in the Democrat Party than the Republican Party
Gee, If I remember, it was Johnson who pushed this through. At that time Republicans were the party of civil rights and Democrats were the party of racists (especially in the south). That started changing after the Civil Rights act and especially under Reagan (as all the racists jumped over the Reps.)


Why should history dictate who I hate and why?
Are you trying to argue my point? The fact is, I hear racist and hateful things towards Muslims based on history and only based on that. So if you feel strongly about this (you obviously don't) you ought to condemn the racist anti-Muslim rhetoric or you ought to condone it while hating the Conservatives at the same time. You can't have one set of ideals for one group and another for a different group. Oh but you probably do because you and all the other cons on these boards are hypocrites and ideologues.
__________________
YES WE DID!!! AGAIN!!!
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:24 AM   #38
ShardmoonVer.1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Jacksonville
Posts: 7,457
So what you are saying in this thread is that the act of one person (Johnson) validates the entire party and the act of dozens (the klan democrats) isnt important.

You mean like Ted Stevens situation means all Republicans are dirty and should be ashamed?

You are as consistant as Obama.
__________________
If you don't have something good to say about some one, say it loud.
ShardmoonVer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:17 AM   #39
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
Originally Posted by bumbler
At that time Republicans were the party of civil rights and Democrats were the party of racists (especially in the south). That started changing after the Civil Rights act and especially under Reagan (as all the racists jumped over the Reps.)
So, now the Democrats didn't pass the Civil Rights Act? Make up your mind.
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 12:07 PM   #40
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
More Bumbleshit than you can shake a stick at!
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 12:09 PM   #41
Pafuna
Brilliant Curmudgeon
 
Pafuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: In the Pocket of Big Oil
Posts: 2,063
Originally Posted by Wildane View Post
So, now the Democrats didn't pass the Civil Rights Act? Make up your mind.

Originally Posted by bumbleroot
I was FOR civil rights before I found out the Democrats were against it!



fixt.
__________________
Originally Posted by Ini View Post
Holy shit I think Pafuna just won the intraweb!
Originally Posted by FafnerMorell View Post
Damn, is Pafuna allowed to win the intrawebs twice, or is it a lifetime achievement thing?
Pafuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 12:26 PM   #42
Axgar
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,028
Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
Originally Posted by SupportTank View Post
im pretty sure Canada hasn't had a civil war since its creation.

but please dont tell bumbles.

oh and bumbles you are still a idiot.

BUT Support, were the Indians ONLY in the Unites States part of this land? no Indians in Canada? none in Mexico...... I guess my point was that most if not all countries have come into being in less than "honest" circumstances.
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 12:28 PM   #43
Axgar
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,028
Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
Idiot

message for ya bumbles, I found it on a piece of paper in the lobby figured it was for you.
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 01:03 PM   #44
Beal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,265
Originally Posted by Bumbles
Gee, If I remember, it was Johnson who pushed this through.
Yes, and a bunch of other Democrats who did everything they could to stop it. What was your point again?

Originally Posted by Bumbles
At that time Republicans were the party of civil rights and Democrats were the party of racists (especially in the south).
Not much has changed. The Democrats invented institutional racism in the United States and the Party has never severed all of those ties. They have always been the party of the poor, uneducated, and downtrodden--the parts of society that are prime breeding grounds for intolerance. It just took until the 1930s for them to begin to realize that they could win more votes by giving free shit to all of the downtrodden than they could by favoring one group of the downtrodden over another.

I wouldn't call the party immoral, just amoral. Much like a competitor in a free market will ultimately sell the product that the most people will buy, the Democrats realized that they could sell class warfare to more voters than they could sell institutional racism...that is, once the Republicans had done enough work actually eliminating institutional racism to allow minorities to have a voice in national elections in the first place.

The real difference between the two parties that we are left with is how they define racism. Republicans think that the actions of Democrats defined racism: segregation, intimidation, disenfranchisement. Meanwhile, Democrats think that inequality of outcome must necessarily be racist.

Originally Posted by Bumbles
That started changing after the Civil Rights act and especially under Reagan (as all the racists jumped over the Reps.)
White racists became a marginalized group. As both parties shunned them (Republicans more so than Democrats it seems, eh Mr. Byrd?) individual white-trash voters are sometimes left with only one choice: the party that doesn't try to win votes by discriminating against majority groups, the Republicans. However, the Democrats are still the party of racists. These days, they have names like Sharpton, Jackson, and Farrakhan.

Originally Posted by Bumbles
Are you trying to argue my point? The fact is, I hear racist and hateful things towards Muslims based on history and only based on that. So if you feel strongly about this (you obviously don't) you ought to condemn the racist anti-Muslim rhetoric
How about if you cite specific examples and let people judge for themselves whether they are racist statements?
Beal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 01:33 PM   #45
SupportTank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ottawa. AKA, SUCK CENTRAL!
Posts: 3,344
Originally Posted by Axgar View Post
BUT Support, were the Indians ONLY in the Unites States part of this land? no Indians in Canada? none in Mexico...... I guess my point was that most if not all countries have come into being in less than "honest" circumstances.
i hope you arn't trying to tell me that the indians had 1 nation. they fought all the time. much smaller scale but dead is dead.
__________________
Everyone has The Right to MY opinion!
Everyone also has the right to be Stupid every now and then. Some people Don't know how Not to abuse that!

70 Warrior - Affliction

If someone tells you it's OK to lie. How do you know they aren't lying?
SupportTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 03:14 PM   #46
AjTaliesen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,516
Canada...conquered by Europeans..of whom very few were native to thier respective country.

American, settled by British, which was ruled by an elite class consisting almost exclusively of Non-natives to Britain (many of whom didn't even speak English as a first language). Most of European aristocracy in fact lays it's claim by some sort of tracing (imaginary and real) to the roman conquest of those countries and subjugation of it's tribal natives to a lesser status WHICH THEY STILL LEGALLY HOLD TO THIS DAY.

So, considering that the english had to leave England to find a place that wasn't ruled by German...not hard to imagine why they would have told tribal natives THEY found to suck it.

As for why I would tell them to suck it...when I get my check from the germans, Romans, Greeks, French, Spanish, and whatever other Eurotrash went to war with my anscestors long before I was even born, then the blacks and the indians can come collecting.

Until then they get the same answer the Sons of the Confederacy get when they talk about the right to wave the flag of Dixie: you lost the war. Either have a new one or shut up.

By the way, we've fought against pretty much the entire world including Britain since then...in fact including OURSELVES. Allot of them got hurt, many of them last. All of them should go to hell if they think we owe them for beating them in said war.

As far as I"m concerned it's about time the world got the fuck over trying to make up for every last fucking thing your great great great granddad did to my great great grand dad while screwing my great great great grandma. Being native American doesn't entitle you to own Maryland anymore than being about 80% more English than the damn QUEEN is entitles me to the ownership of Buckingham Palace.
AjTaliesen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 03:15 PM   #47
AjTaliesen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,516
(probably should qualify that last...the current royal family..as well as most of the royal lines of Britain are not actually of English descent...most English descent makes to an English peasant.)

Last edited by AjTaliesen; 07-31-2008 at 12:59 AM.
AjTaliesen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:09 PM   #48
SupportTank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ottawa. AKA, SUCK CENTRAL!
Posts: 3,344
the queens line is german.

ironic eh?
__________________
Everyone has The Right to MY opinion!
Everyone also has the right to be Stupid every now and then. Some people Don't know how Not to abuse that!

70 Warrior - Affliction

If someone tells you it's OK to lie. How do you know they aren't lying?
SupportTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 05:23 AM   #49
Brigiid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 7,879
Send a message via AIM to Brigiid
IIRC, the Queen's of British, German, and Danish descent, and Prince Phillip is of Greek and Danish descent - with more distant ties to the Romanovs of Russia. Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip are also second cousins and share a common great grandmother, I believe.
__________________
Meh.
Brigiid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 06:00 AM   #50
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
Can't believe I read past some of this.
Originally Posted by bumbler
The fact is, I hear racist and hateful things towards Muslims based on history and only based on that.
And? First of all, what does that have to do with me? And second, I hear hateful things towards who you consider to be "cons" from you based on nothing more than your fucking imagination.
Originally Posted by bumbler
So if you feel strongly about this (you obviously don't) you ought to condemn the racist anti-Muslim rhetoric or you ought to condone it while hating the Conservatives at the same time.
Why? I have nothing to prove to you.
Originally Posted by bumbler
You can't have one set of ideals for one group and another for a different group. Oh but you probably do because you and all the other cons on these boards are hypocrites and ideologues.
There you go inaccurately referring to me as a "con" and making baseless assumptions regarding my character again. Do the lies really come as easily to you as they seem? Oh, but I see you've stopped responding because you were caught in another contradiction. How convenient.
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:42 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.