Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent


Reply
 
Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2008, 10:14 AM   #1
bumbleroot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 7,756
Default Conservative terrorism

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25872864/

You cons ought to be up in the air about this one. You ought to hate and fear all of those radical conservatives. Oh wait, this guy is one of you guys. He isn't from some other country where its always safe to hate the "other" people.

And who was it on these boards who said just a couple of weeks ago "there are no conservative terrorists". Guess you were wrong.

The excuses may begin now......
__________________
YES WE DID!!! AGAIN!!!
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:42 AM   #2
FafnerMorell
Warrior 4 the working-day
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,629
Well, I guess it's nice to see an attempt to kickstart SV out of the latest spell of inactivity, but I'm not sure this is much to go on. I'm having a tough time seeing the killer as anything other than an isolated psycho.

Are you claiming that this man is part of a network of "conservative terrorists"? Or that any one who considers themself a conservative is likely to go a church or gathering of liberals and begin randomly killing them? Let's face it, even on SV, such strawman arguments border on the absurd.

If the guy had 19 like-minded buddies who flew airplanes into buildings, yeah, I could see some strong arguments for claiming a "conservative terrorist" agenda. Heck even with OKC bombings (with just 2 or 3 folks) could, if you really, really make a stretch, might be considered a terrorist group (although a very limited one).

But if you're somehow equating a single crazy with a grudge & gun with Al-Qaeda, then I think all you're doing is proliferating the belief that liberals don't understand terrorism.
__________________
Fafner Wabbitslayer, Retired Shaman of Reviction, Erollisi Marr/Morell Thule
"This story shall the good man teach his son;...
From this day to the ending of the world,"
-- William Shakespeare, Henvy V, Act 4, Scene 3
FafnerMorell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 10:54 AM   #3
bumbleroot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 7,756
I am saying that one person doesn't equal the whole group. But for some reason cons have a hard time believing that about other groups. A group of 19 Muslims attacked us out of more than 1 billion in the world. Why then are we afraid of all Muslims? Why then are we so prone to condemn all Muslims or quick to attack them? Why shouldn't we hold the same views towards conservatives? Oh that's right, because they live in this country amongst us and we all know them (contrary to the Muslims over here).
This is not the first conservative terrorist act in this country by the way. Tim McVeigh was a conservative terrorist.

The point is, we have been attacked more by conservative terrorists than we have been attacked by Muslim terrorists. So by that measure, those Muslim haters on these boards ought to hate the conservatives. But that ain't going to happen because they are conservative themselves.
The bottom line is, we shouldn't hate Muslims because those "crazies" attacked us. The argument against conservatives would be the same and quite frankly its a ridiculous argument to begin with.
__________________
YES WE DID!!! AGAIN!!!
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:00 AM   #4
solicia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 910
what if he was libertarian?
solicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 12:33 PM   #5
bumbleroot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 7,756
Would people condemn all libertarians?
Its a double standard fueled by fear of the unknown.
__________________
YES WE DID!!! AGAIN!!!
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 12:52 PM   #6
SupportTank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Ottawa. AKA, SUCK CENTRAL!
Posts: 3,344
i think i speak for most of us on this board by saying.

bumbles. you are a idiot.
__________________
Everyone has The Right to MY opinion!
Everyone also has the right to be Stupid every now and then. Some people Don't know how Not to abuse that!

70 Warrior - Affliction

If someone tells you it's OK to lie. How do you know they aren't lying?
SupportTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 01:38 PM   #7
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,897
Originally Posted by SupportTank View Post
i think i speak for most of us on this board by saying.

bumbles. you are a idiot.
fail!

(and yes, I'm using the "fail" gimmick too much lately)
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 01:50 PM   #8
bumbleroot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 7,756
i think i speak for most of us on this board by saying.

bumbles. you are a idiot.
Besides the aforementioned idiocy of that statement itself (if you are going to call someone an idiot, don't sound like an idiot as you do it)
The overall point is that the very logic that people use to condemn others on these boards can be used to condemn them. And quite frankly, it looks weak.
I don't think conservatives are any more likely to attack others than liberals are. But some people dislike those they know little about and condemn most if not all of that group. And, in fact, that was the very nature of this idiot's attack on the church in the first place.
__________________
YES WE DID!!! AGAIN!!!
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 04:04 PM   #9
ShardmoonVer.1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Jacksonville
Posts: 7,457
So now being conservative is a religion? And being Muslim is political?
__________________
If you don't have something good to say about some one, say it loud.
ShardmoonVer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 05:40 PM   #10
AjTaliesen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,516
Liberal = open minded. Conservative = hatred for all who are different.


(excepting of course, the bulk of the DNC who shuns moderates like myself and tries to tell us we're worse than Bush).

Bigots are alive and well on both sides. And so (if this thread is any guide) are idiots.
AjTaliesen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 07:13 PM   #11
Axgar
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,028
Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
Liberals equal open minded yet they have a derogatory word for everyone that disagrees with them LOLOLOLOLOLOLLOL fuck me running your funny.
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 07:15 PM   #12
Brigiid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 7,879
Send a message via AIM to Brigiid
I think he was being sarcastic.
__________________
Meh.
Brigiid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 07:38 PM   #13
bumbleroot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 7,756
So now being conservative is a religion? And being Muslim is political?
Where the fuck do you get that from?
__________________
YES WE DID!!! AGAIN!!!
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 09:43 PM   #14
Ini
Indestructible
 
Ini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Davek is still my hero!
Posts: 4,005
Send a message via Yahoo to Ini
Originally Posted by Hormadrune View Post
fail!

(and yes, I'm using the "fail" gimmick too much lately)
Better than the prag word you used to use ALL the time.
__________________
Pafuna Economics 101

That reminds me of someone eating a shit sandwich who is happy that it has 20% less shit.
Ini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:20 PM   #15
Axgar
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,028
Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
Originally Posted by Brigiid View Post
I think he was being sarcastic.
crap, i need to read better i thought bumbles posted it....... and we all know he believes that libs are open minded and cons are.... whatever is bad in the world all rolled into one.
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 11:23 PM   #16
Axgar
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,028
Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
Why are you making this into anything other than murder bumbles? the guy hated gay people and he killed some people in a church that condones it, that doesnt make him part of a cult or terrorist organization it makes him a murderer...... even if he did it for a religious reason (which is way off base if he did) he still committed murder and therefore made himself as bad if not worse than what he was trying to rid the world of (whatever that may be).

You do NOT have to hate the people to disagree with the act Bumbles but your open mindedness will not let you understand that ... kind of ironic isn't it?
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 04:50 AM   #17
ShardmoonVer.1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Jacksonville
Posts: 7,457
Lets see... your stated point is that some on this board want to condemn all Muslims (a religion) and that this guys (religion) shows some how that conservatives (a political view point) are hypocrites.

The question is, how the fuck did you get that. It was your thread.
__________________
If you don't have something good to say about some one, say it loud.
ShardmoonVer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 05:02 AM   #18
bumbleroot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 7,756
Lets see... your stated point is that some on this board want to condemn all Muslims (a religion) and that this guys (religion) shows some how that conservatives (a political view point) are hypocrites.

The question is, how the fuck did you get that. It was your thread.
The same logic that is used to hate Muslims is not being applied to cons. They attacked, so people hate them all.
__________________
YES WE DID!!! AGAIN!!!
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 05:29 AM   #19
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,897
Originally Posted by Ini View Post
Better than the prag word you used to use ALL the time.
STFU prag
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 06:04 AM   #20
Pafuna
Brilliant Curmudgeon
 
Pafuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: In the Pocket of Big Oil
Posts: 2,063
Quite the reach there, isn't it Bumbles?


It's not like the middle East, MASSIVELY populated with Muslims, is a bastion of terror, or anything...

Not like history is any guide...



Yessir, I can see Karl Rove declaring jihad on liberal churches and legions of us conservatives wearing explosive vests to Sunday services...


__________________
Originally Posted by Ini View Post
Holy shit I think Pafuna just won the intraweb!
Originally Posted by FafnerMorell View Post
Damn, is Pafuna allowed to win the intrawebs twice, or is it a lifetime achievement thing?
Pafuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:25 AM   #21
bumbleroot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 7,756
Quite the reach there, isn't it Bumbles?


It's not like the middle East, MASSIVELY populated with Muslims, is a bastion of terror, or anything...

Not like history is any guide...
Apply history to terrorist attacks in this country. Not like lynching or gay-bashing or church shooting or Indian killing is any history.
__________________
YES WE DID!!! AGAIN!!!
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:41 AM   #22
Pafuna
Brilliant Curmudgeon
 
Pafuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: In the Pocket of Big Oil
Posts: 2,063
Originally Posted by bumbleroot View Post
Apply history to terrorist attacks in this country. Not like lynching or gay-bashing or church shooting or Indian killing is any history.
Karl Rove is responsible for all of this? I know he was busy, but damn...


__________________
Originally Posted by Ini View Post
Holy shit I think Pafuna just won the intraweb!
Originally Posted by FafnerMorell View Post
Damn, is Pafuna allowed to win the intrawebs twice, or is it a lifetime achievement thing?
Pafuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:45 AM   #23
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
Yeah, cuz liberals never did any of that shit.
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:02 AM   #24
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Originally Posted by bumbleroot View Post
Apply history to terrorist attacks in this country. Not like lynching or gay-bashing or church shooting or Indian killing is any history.
Yeah... because we know the Democrats had nothing to do with the KKK...

__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:30 AM   #25
bumbleroot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 7,756
Originally Posted by Pafuna
Karl Rove is responsible for all of this? I know he was busy, but damn...
I didn't bring up history- you did.
Not like history is any guide...
All I did was support my case.

Originally Posted by Wildane
Yeah, cuz liberals never did any of that shit.
I didn't say they didn't do anything. I said conservatives have a history of violence in this country and it ain't pretty.

So if you want to go on history as Paf does, then you all should hate all cons for doing the acts of the few.

Yeah... because we know the Democrats had nothing to do with the KKK...
Gimme a fucking break. That might as well have been the Whigs for all we care. The Dems were the party that passed the Civil Rights act and the Republicans have alienated the blacks so they only get 10% max vote from them now.
Also, I didn't mention this as a political issue because it isn't belonging to the parties. It is a mindset. The Dems were at one time conservative and the Republicans were at one time liberal. If you wish to embrace the liberal times of the Republican party again you sure don't show it. So if you are going to denounce the conservative side of yesterday's Democratic party, you ought to do the same for today's Republican party. Otherwise you are being a complete shill.
__________________
YES WE DID!!! AGAIN!!!
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:09 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.