Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2008, 09:56 PM   #1
bumbleroot

Default McCain please choose this guy

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25991574/

Oh, I mean this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsuKXO_McNE

Oh that's right they are the same.

Please choose this Dan Quayle guy.
Old 08-02-2008, 10:46 PM   #2
Ini
Indestructible

Send a message via Yahoo to Ini
The Congressman attempts to give a reasonable answer and gets nothing but badgered from Matthews. Matthews is OBVIOUSLY a left leaning media person. Any interview I have watched that is all he does, is badger any republican that comes onto his show when they don't play his stupid little game.

Your kung fu is weak.

That reminds me of someone eating a shit sandwich who is happy that it has 20% less shit.
Ini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 11:02 PM   #3
Axgar

Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
What Kung Fu? i see no story here at all.
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 02:34 AM   #4
AjTaliesen

I agree with Ini that the reporter is badgering. Not sure it's a partisan thing though so much as a reporter smelling blood in the water and going attack mode.

Even though the reporter is still trying harder to create news than report it here, Cantor is still very weak in his responses.

McCain would pick Lieberman if he wasn't such a pussy. As much as they threaten to, the right wingers arent really going to stay home and not vote with Obama on the ballot. I know McCains advisors are telling him 92771 times a day that he need to galvanize the right, but I still maintain that Obama will galvanize the right just fine, McCain should stick with his strengths which is moderate appeal.

Elizabeth Dole would be a good choice too, but I doubt McCain is shrewd enough to take that kind of risk either. He'll take the "Safe" play of a young, hard right conservative to "galvanize the base and get out the youth vote" and for once Bumbles might be right...he could end up with Quayle part two.
AjTaliesen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 05:16 AM   #5
bumbleroot

The Congressman attempts to give a reasonable answer and gets nothing but badgered from Matthews.
Saying that Congress doesn't choose when to go to war is a reasonable answer?
The guy is skirting the question. That is not reasonable, that is political. This is not the only time this has happened to him. He would be a weak candidate- period.
I sincerely hope he picks this guy.
Oh yeah, the fact that he is Jewish isn't going to help him with evangelicals.

One last thing, McCain is not garnering more than 44 or 45% in the polls. That looks like that is his ceiling. Not good for McCain. And the fact that he is only going negative isn't going to help him. The second the debates come and Obama doesn't look stupid, the election will be over.
Old 08-03-2008, 05:31 AM   #6
solicia

I'm voting for Ini still.
solicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 07:11 AM   #7
Rheaton

If I understood right, when Chrissy Mathews was asking this question, it was around the time when Dems were trying to capitalize on an "un-popular war" (as if any war is popular...) ..for political gain. Mathews was trying to get a higher up republican to say, basically to be speaking for the entire republican party, that the (R)'s want MORE war. He was setting a trap - "you support Bush's war in Iraq - you think we need more troops (that surge that wasnt going to work) - you are a higher-up republican and do you want ANOTHER Bush war"??

This is the same Chris Mathews that gets a "tingle up his leg" when he hears Oh'bama! speak.

The question to Mathews is this: "If diplomacy fails, would you support war with Iran?"
"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (1st Corinthians 2:14)
:9
Rheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:01 AM   #8
Axgar

Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
Rheaton anyone whom has paid attention already knows that diplomacy failed...... how many years are we going to talk to these clowns before we realize they only listen to one thing...... the sound of bombs falling THEN they pay attention. (sad but true).
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:03 AM   #9
solicia

I say we send Obama as a diplomat to Iran to give them hugs. 2 weeks from now they will surrender and ask us to take him back..
Old 08-03-2008, 08:32 AM   #10
Rheaton

Originally Posted by Axgar View Post
Rheaton anyone whom has paid attention already knows that diplomacy failed...... how many years are we going to talk to these clowns before we realize they only listen to one thing...... the sound of bombs falling THEN they pay attention. (sad but true).
Oh I completely agree. Iran is only buying time with little hints here and there that concessions are a possibility. We, America, on the other hand are waiting for Israel to start the war for us.
"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (1st Corinthians 2:14)
Old 08-03-2008, 11:11 AM   #11
Ini
Indestructible

Send a message via Yahoo to Ini
Originally Posted by solicia View Post
I'm voting for Ini still.

That reminds me of someone eating a shit sandwich who is happy that it has 20% less shit.
Ini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 02:35 PM   #12
furo

Originally Posted by bumbleroot View Post
One last thing, McCain is not garnering more than 44 or 45% in the polls. That looks like that is his ceiling.
It's only a matter of time before you eat your words on this one, bumbles.

But don't worry, your words won't be forgotten.
furo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 04:03 PM   #13
bumbleroot

If I understood right, when Chrissy Mathews was asking this question, it was around the time when Dems were trying to capitalize on an "un-popular war" (as if any war is popular...) ..for political gain. Mathews was trying to get a higher up republican to say, basically to be speaking for the entire republican party, that the (R)'s want MORE war. He was setting a trap - "you support Bush's war in Iraq - you think we need more troops (that surge that wasnt going to work) - you are a higher-up republican and do you want ANOTHER Bush war"??
No, Matthews asked him a question and he said that he would ask the Generals when to declare war. That is Congress's duty. In case you idiots forgot, the Generals merely carry out the missions they are given. They don't set the mission. Congress declares war, the prez sets the mission, the generals carry it out. This guy doesn't know that and yet he may be prez? Gimme a fucking break. This guy is a yes man. Which is exactly what we don't need. I have seen this guy get his ass handed to him plenty of times. It was easy for me to find this one clip. He is a lame candidate.
Old 08-03-2008, 04:53 PM   #14
solicia

They both are, I'm still voting for Ini.
Old 08-03-2008, 11:10 PM   #15
AjTaliesen

One last thing, McCain is not garnering more than 44 or 45% in the polls. That looks like that is his ceiling. Not good for McCain. And the fact that he is only going negative isn't going to help him. The second the debates come and Obama doesn't look stupid, the election will be over.

record time...I imply that you might be right about something and you immediately go back to...really just making shit up out of dreamland.

Obama is still the most negative campaigner since Newt Gingrich, and it's only going to hurt him. Very little bad that can be put out about McCain hasn't already been said, over and over again, ussually by the Conservatives over the last eight years.

Obama on the other hand is still unknown and every day he becomes more a human and less a shiny superstar and he doesn't have another eight years to weather it out.

Blame McCain all you want, but you're still just going to look stupid.

McCain did not approve of this message...I'm picking on Obama myself.
AjTaliesen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 06:31 PM   #16
Rheaton

No, Matthews asked him a question and he said that he would ask the Generals when to declare war. That is Congress's duty. In case you idiots forgot, the Generals merely carry out the missions they are given. They don't set the mission. Congress declares war, the prez sets the mission, the generals carry it out. This guy doesn't know that and yet he may be prez? Gimme a fucking break. This guy is a yes man. Which is exactly what we don't need. I have seen this guy get his ass handed to him plenty of times. It was easy for me to find this one clip. He is a lame candidate.
Thats BS. Cantor was reacting to an assumed question of when it would be acceptable to goto war with Iran. Cantor suggested that when the generals on the ground essentially said we needed to. Lets not forget that Iran has been pumping weapons, men and money into Iraq against us.

Again, it was a loaded question. It was aimed to get a high-ranking republican to promote at least the possibility of more war at a time when "Bush's war" was so unpopular. Given the situation in Iraq (with us fighting a proxy war with Iran), Cantor's replay wasnt off the mark. He was referring to the then situation with Iran - Chrissy then and suddenly snatches Iran off the table and out of the equation by then applying Cantor's reply to the basic mechanics of who authorizes war. Crissy is a sleaze bag.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:03 PM   #17
Pafuna
Brilliant Curmudgeon

No, Matthews asked him a question and he said that he would ask the Generals when to declare war. That is Congress's duty.
Congress does not 'choose' when or where to go to war - Congress approves declarations of war and funds them. The choice of where and when is solely the purview of the Executive branch. This is why the President is called the Commander in Chief. I suggest reading the Constitution. Put down your copy of Das Kapital and go to the Library of Congress' website.

In case you idiots forgot, the Generals merely carry out the missions they are given. They don't set the mission. Congress declares war, the prez sets the mission, the generals carry it out.
Once again, you display your ignorance by oversimplification and complete misunderstanding of the separate branches of the government.

Foreign policy is set by the Executive branch, which is part and parcel of the war powers also possessed by the President.

Here's an example: A Congressman cannot submit a declaration of war, as that is solely the function of the President. Nor can the Congress enter into treaties on its own volition - that is function of the diplomatic arm of the Executive branch to conduct such foreign policy missions.

Where Congress truly has its power is the ratification of treaties and approval of funding for war. In WWII, FDR brought forth the request for declaration for war, which Congress readily approved and appropriated the necessary funding. At the end of hostilities, the treaties with Allies and drafting of the Marshall plan were completed by the Executive branch and ratified/approved by Congress.

Once again, stop reading DailyKoz and take a civics class. You'll be better prepared for wading into such discussions without sounding like such an amateur.

This guy doesn't know that and yet he may be prez? Gimme a fucking break. This guy is a yes man. Which is exactly what we don't need. I have seen this guy get his ass handed to him plenty of times. It was easy for me to find this one clip. He is a lame candidate.
That may be, but I don't think this interview with Chris Matthews is the determinant factor. Moreover, it only showcases Matthew's terrible bias against anyone that doesn't sport a donkey on his voting card.

In any case, Dan Quayle he's not (thankfully).
Damn, is Pafuna allowed to win the intrawebs twice, or is it a lifetime achievement thing?
Pafuna is offline   Reply With Quote