Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2007, 08:43 AM   #1
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Default Bleh!

Just spent the last 2 hours crimping network cables... Bleh! But the cool thing was I didn't have to remake even one!

(I'm getting our new warehouse wired up and functional... Joy of joys! And to add to the fun, our purchasing dept can't be bothered with little incidentals like network cables, so I said screw it, I'll just make 'em...)
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 08:52 AM   #2
furo

Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
Just spent the last 2 hours crimping network cables... Bleh! But the cool thing was I didn't have to remake even one!

(I'm getting our new warehouse wired up and functional... Joy of joys! And to add to the fun, our purchasing dept can't be bothered with little incidentals like network cables, so I said screw it, I'll just make 'em...)
I had to do that once... of course I screwed up the color scheme and it never worked right until my IEW guys fixed it. Plus I didn't have that special tool to crimp the plastic tips on the CAT-5E lines.
furo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:54 AM   #3
Everclear

How did I miss this? Such a wonderful opportunity to say:

Get back to work, PEON!!!

Muwahaha!
Old 12-18-2007, 11:52 AM   #4
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by furo View Post
I had to do that once... of course I screwed up the color scheme and it never worked right until my IEW guys fixed it. Plus I didn't have that special tool to crimp the plastic tips on the CAT-5E lines.
I had to bring in my crimper because the one they bought at work was craptastic... When we got to this office, the place looked like this:

After some serious work, it looks like this:

Not too bad considering it was a one man show (me) the whole time...
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 12-18-2007, 12:44 PM   #5
Davek
Squawk Box

Good luck keeping it that neat.

Man that just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Originally Posted by Karthanon View Post
I know, you're in Ottawa, Davek. Still, I can't help but /poke you.
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 02:07 PM   #6
SupportTank

being a person that has experiance playing with such wire enmass. its not immoral to leave it a tad lose.

as a matter of fact its prolly a good idea to leave yerself some lose wire.

oh as seeing how this is the steam vent. that wire bundle reflects your inner tension you need to relax some!

TAKE A PILL DUUUDE!

70 Warrior - Affliction

If someone tells you it's OK to lie. How do you know they aren't lying?
SupportTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 04:08 PM   #7
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by Davek View Post
Good luck keeping it that neat.
I have the only key
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 12-20-2007, 01:35 PM   #8
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Posts like this should be stickied for reference when people wonder how DD has accumulated so many posts in his time here...
Old 12-20-2007, 02:01 PM   #9
ShardmoonVer.1

I think there is a more obvious reason for DDs prolific post count. He is actually an entire team of people that work for Ron Paul. Their job consist of making rational and practical policy for the campaign.

That explains the free time.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:09 PM   #10
furo

Originally Posted by ShardmoonVer.1 View Post
I think there is a more obvious reason for DDs prolific post count. He is actually an entire team of people that work for Ron Paul. Their job consist of making rational and practical policy for the campaign.

That explains the free time.
Is 10.9 posts per day like the Emarr record or what?
Old 12-20-2007, 02:46 PM   #11
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Bleh! I've explained it before. My job is either balls to the wall busy or waiting for something to happen. I do projects in between, but a lot of those are mindless, and I can read and type while they're running in the background.
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 12-20-2007, 03:00 PM   #12
ShardmoonVer.1

Lurikeen use to be up there in daily counts, but I dont think he ever hit that rate. Chiteng use to be up there as well, but that was because he use to make a new response to every thing mentioned in some one elses post.

An example would be me saying "I like fish and chips". Chiteng would quote me saying "I like fish" and then respond with a few words on the evil of fish. Then he would quote me saying "and chips" and respond to that too. It was awesome.
Old 12-20-2007, 04:05 PM   #13
SupportTank

shard you know you enjoyed the attention.

70 Warrior - Affliction

If someone tells you it's OK to lie. How do you know they aren't lying?
SupportTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 08:06 PM   #14
Ini
Indestructible

Send a message via Yahoo to Ini
Actually sometime back when Luri was REALLY active, he topped out at 13.2 posts per day.

Just to clarify. In case you were wondering.

Only reason I know this is because I actually sat there and was like, wow, this man has no fucking life.

Merry Christmas Luri!

That reminds me of someone eating a shit sandwich who is happy that it has 20% less shit.
Ini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 10:28 AM   #15
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Lots of posts I don't mind- I'm certainly still pretty high on the post-count list even though I'm not quite the everyday/allday poster I used to be. It's the RSS newsfeed and random "I just made some network cables" posts that kill me.

Don't get me wrong- I'm glad you post- you certainly bring a Texas hillbilly sensibility that we'd all miss if you stopped. It's just the textual diarrhea that I don't understand.

Also, let's face it, we're posting on a pseudo-political subforum on a message board for a nearly 10 year old online role-playing game. The get-a-life argument applied at one point to everyone here
Old 12-21-2007, 11:21 AM   #16
Shylodog
Supporter

Send a message via Yahoo to Shylodog
Originally Posted by Hormadrune View Post
Also, let's face it, we're posting on a pseudo-political subforum on a message board for a nearly 10 year old online role-playing game. The get-a-life argument applied at one point to everyone here
And then some of us actually went out and got one.

Originally Posted by Hormadrune
Write it down- Chuk made me lolirl
Originally Posted by Drysdale
To bumbleroot: Know what? You're right. I DID misread your statement and I DO apologize.
Shylodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 11:58 AM   #17
ShardmoonVer.1

Life is really subjective. If you can be happy on line all the time while getting a random string of old girl friends to drop by, fuck, and then go home, then you can be happy here.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:34 PM   #18
Shylodog
Supporter

Life is really subjective. If you can be happy on line all the time while getting a random string of old girl friends to drop by, fuck, and then go home, then you can be happy here.
But.... is that REALLY a life?

Bah. Fuck it. Your's is better than mine.

To bumbleroot: Know what? You're right. I DID misread your statement and I DO apologize.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:40 PM   #19
Everclear

I have spare time at work sometimes... posting here doesn't mean we don't have lives....now if you STILL play EQ..
Old 12-21-2007, 01:54 PM   #20
Gurglespit

Send a message via Yahoo to Gurglespit
I post 99.9% of my posts from work.. I have a great life
Old 12-21-2007, 02:02 PM   #21
Everclear

Oooh I like your sig, Gurgle. It expresses my frustration with people that scream we must change our laws, values, and die to liberate and sustain a foreign country... to protect our way of life.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:24 PM   #22
furo

Originally Posted by Everclear View Post
Oooh I like your sig, Gurgle. It expresses my frustration with people that scream we must change our laws, values, and die to liberate and sustain a foreign country... to protect our way of life.
The Penn and Teller act sucks.

I hope one of them gets owned by a tiger just like Roy. Or Siegfred....whoever it was that got mauled.
Old 12-22-2007, 09:57 AM   #23
Gurglespit

Send a message via Yahoo to Gurglespit
Originally Posted by Everclear View Post
Yea.. I just hate all the fear mongering that's been going on lately.. We live in one of the safest societies in the history of the planet... yet we're constantly being told we aren't safe! If really pisses me off.

I've never seen Penn and Teller's act.. but their series "Bullshit" is one of the most entertaining shows I've ever seen.
Old 12-22-2007, 10:07 AM   #24
ShardmoonVer.1

This seems like a good place to mention the 3000 people who are still safely dead after 9/11.

The best part about being American (and all the arrogance and ugliness that carries with it) is that we dont compare ourselves to other people and their standards. They compare themsevles to us.

Are we a safer society then most? Absolutely. Geography and a willingness to use force to defend that safety explains that. Are we safe enough? Not while there are people in the world who think they can attack us and get a way with it.

Merry Christmas and sleep well, Americans.
Old 12-22-2007, 07:48 PM   #25
Shylodog
Supporter

This seems like a good place to mention the 3000 people who are still safely dead after 9/11.

The best part about being American (and all the arrogance and ugliness that carries with it) is that we dont compare ourselves to other people and their standards. They compare themsevles to us.

Are we a safer society then most? Absolutely. Geography and a willingness to use force to defend that safety explains that. Are we safe enough? Not while there are people in the world who think they can attack us and get a way with it.

Merry Christmas and sleep well, Americans.
Not that you need or want my validation, Shard, but very well said.