Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2007, 02:36 PM   #251
Brigiid

Send a message via AIM to Brigiid
Originally Posted by Furo
At least now you are admitting to making assumptions about my conversation.
Assumptions about any random thing any random person might do in a situation similar to yours. I'm not making assumptions about what you will personally do. I listed options. I listed examples. I didn't say what you'd do, because I don't know what you'd do.

Why are you acting like you've accomplished some sort of milestone in this discussion, by pointing out that I made an assumption?

Dodge the question? Is this another way of you saying that I'm "stalling?"
Absolutely.

Not having an "inkling of the nature of the conversation" is entirely relevant to me refusing to answer your baiting question, Brigiid.
You won't answer the question I ask because it contains too many (one) what if's, but you'll offer to answer a question I haven't asked? Where does that rate on your scale of unnecessary discussion?

You tossed aside my action and potential solution as ineffective, and now you are asking another question, a hypothetical what-if.
Potentially ineffective. I never said it wouldn't work. I said it might not work, and asked what you'd do if it didn't.

Why? Because you think it is part of an "internet tough guy routine" that you have a "zero tolerance policy against."
I think, in general, that you're an insufferable blowhard know-it-all. I still want to hear the plans for the Furo Neighborhood Association. I want to see what you've got lined up that's 'more than filing complaints' and oh-so-effective without crossing the line into 'illegal' or 'more trouble than it's worth'.

Who knows? Maybe I'll learn something I can take to work with me and share! Maybe your words of wisdom will cure neighborhood disputes everywhere!

And as I already stated (long ago I might add), I haven't formulated that plan, and that there is no need to.

Why? Because the next step is based entirely upon the outcome of the conversation.
You can know what you'd do if you had kids (which you don't) or lived in this neighborhood (which you don't), or feel confident in the outcome of this conversation you've never had...

...but you can't think for half a second, "What would I do if this guy told me to fuck off?"

There is an infinite amount of middle ground that is involved here that you don't care about Brigiid. You only care about your one and only bullshit hypothetical.
First you were upset about me using too many what ifs, and now you're upset that I'm not using enough?

Of course I didn't list every single outcome. I guess it's possible that he walks away thinking you're a nosy ass, but decides to stop hosting the parties anyway. I suppose it's possible he takes a piss on your shoe. I suppose it's possible that you two begin dancing on the front lawn, or attend knitting lessons together.

I asked the question that interested me. Of course I didn't ask a bunch of questions that don't interest me. You don't want to discuss the same question I do! Does that mean you don't care about the other possibilities?

Oh the humanity!

Exactly. Meaning there is no point in debating it.
I'm not debating it! You are! I suggested one possible outcome, and asked what you'd do. I'm not debating the odds of your conversation being effective!

Which is entirely irrelevant. If you are going to include hypotheticals Brigiid, you can't limit it to your one and only "worst case scenario" and expect an answer.
Why the fuck can't I?

Of course there are a number of ways that he could respond. That's why I narrowed it down by giving you an outcome to go off of! I asked what you'd do if he told you to fuck off. Should I be more descriptive? Set the stage a little better? Describe what kind of socks he's wearing, and what you had for dinner?

Do I need to describe the look on his face when he tells you to fuck off? Like, his eyes got all squinty and he started snarling? And then he clenched his fists and told you to fuck the fuck off, you fucking fucker?

How much more descriptive do I need to be, before you can consider what you might do? You can't picture total and complete failure in your head, and give me something - ANYTHING - that might come next? You're really that limited?

My point is that hypotheticals are limitless, Brigiid.
I'm only asking you about one. Is that too much for you to handle all by your self?

A discussion that you are only having with yourself, because I have stated countless times that I will not answer your question.
I'm having a conversation with myself and you're having a conversation with yourself, except that we're having both conversations with each other. If you aren't talking to me, why are you still talking to me?

No, you fail because you ASSUMED, once again, that I only had experience in using conversation in lieu of the police to resolve disputes.
Where did I assume that?

You failed to understand that or consider it, and used only your own opinion of what is "likely" to justify your claim that my conversation will not be as effective as legal action.
How do you know what I have and haven't considered?

Talk about assumptions.

Brigiid, there are countless "realistic" outcomes. Yet, they are all hypothetical, and not worth debating. You just can't get that through your head.
I'm not asking you about all possible realistic outcomes. I'm asking you about one. I've only EVER asked you about one.

You're comfortable talking about these hypothetical kids you have, and how you'd feel if you lived in this neighborhood. There are lots of factors there, too, but that doesn't seem to limit you.

Why is that?

Your baited question is less intelligent because it involves a limitless number of hypothetical situations, Brigiid.
How is asking a question with a more complicated answer less intelligent than asking a question with a less complicated answer?

Rather than seek to clarify my plan of action within the conversation, you proceeded to further the hypothetical.
And?

And you won't get an answer.
Why is that?

Is it because the question is too complicated? You can't figure it out? You can't think ahead and make a decision, given a specific scenario? They let you supervise other people in the military with that kind of inability to think ahead?

Or are you just being stubborn?

You were the one who brought the "macho internet tough guy" into this thread, which effectively changed the subject just as much as I am doing now when I ask you to elaborate on your "Zero Tolerance Policy."
I asked you what you'd do, in a thread where we're talking about what neighbors are doing to put a stop to behavior they don't approve of. Yeah, I'm horribly off-topic, there.

You, on the other hand, want to discuss...how I feel about tough guys on the internet? I doubt you're honestly interested - you're just looking to retaliate and distract. Sorry, not gonna play that game.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:45 PM   #252
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by ShardmoonVer.1 View Post
I am going to try and put this thread out of its misery once and for all. There is a website that I hope none of you ever goes to and if you do, god have mercy on your souls.

First one to guess it gets a prize (an Official Axgar Shot Glass).
goatse?
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 02:45 PM   #253
Brigiid

Originally Posted by Veo
I'm just waiting for Brig and furo to fuck and get it over with.
Unfortunately for me, I was never able to overlook the fact that I found someone wholly undesirable long enough to fuck them just for the hot angry sex payoff.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:56 PM   #254
ShardmoonVer.1

Goatse is the not so fresh internet gross out site. The one I am thinking of had me throwing up in about 15 seconds. I urge every one to never go there.
Old 12-20-2007, 04:11 PM   #255
furo

Originally Posted by Brigiid View Post
Assumptions about any random thing any random person might do in a situation similar to yours. I'm not making assumptions about what you will personally do. I listed options. I listed examples. I didn't say what you'd do, because I don't know what you'd do.
And you also don't know what the neighbor will do, so why is it so important that he say "fuck off" and I give a response?

Originally Posted by Brigiid
Why are you acting like you've accomplished some sort of milestone in this discussion, by pointing out that I made an assumption?
You first declared that you did not assume anything. I pointed out that you are in fact wrong. Now you agree that you were wrong. Milestone? Call it what you like.

You won't answer the question I ask because it contains too many (one) what if's, but you'll offer to answer a question I haven't asked? Where does that rate on your scale of unnecessary discussion?
It just barely makes it on the scale, Brigiid. Your dumbass question falls short of that scale, sadly.

I think, in general, that you're an insufferable blowhard know-it-all. I still want to hear the plans for the Furo Neighborhood Association. I want to see what you've got lined up that's 'more than filing complaints' and oh-so-effective without crossing the line into 'illegal' or 'more trouble than it's worth'.
So now that you can't get an answer to your bullshit hypothetical, you resort to namecalling. Think that will get you any further in this debate, Brigiid?

...but you can't think for half a second, "What would I do if this guy told me to fuck off?"
Nope. Funny how that works, isn't it? I guess I'm doomed to fail in my life because I can't answer that or any other "what if."

First you were upset about me using too many what ifs, and now you're upset that I'm not using enough?
Whether you ask one or a thousand hypotheticals is irrelevant. What you are doing is trying to further a dead issue.

I asked the question that interested me.
Bullshit. It was a baiting question.

You attempted to prove to the world that you are the foremost leader in debunking the "internet tough guy," and that your "Zero Tolerance Policy" will crush those who stand in the way.

And now that I refuse to take the bait, you just can't handle it. What does your Zero Tolerance Policy tell you to do next, Brigiid?

Of course there are a number of ways that he could respond. That's why I narrowed it down by giving you an outcome to go off of! I asked what you'd do if he told you to fuck off. Should I be more descriptive? Set the stage a little better? Describe what kind of socks he's wearing, and what you had for dinner?
You can do as you please. Just don't expect an answer. I saw right through your laughable baiting attempt, and now you are trying to paint it as the perfect question? Please.

How much more descriptive do I need to be, before you can consider what you might do? You can't picture total and complete failure in your head, and give me something - ANYTHING - that might come next? You're really that limited?
Increasing your descriptiveness will not get your bullshit question answered, Brigiid.

Is it because the question is too complicated? You can't figure it out? You can't think ahead and make a decision, given a specific scenario? They let you supervise other people in the military with that kind of inability to think ahead?
I'm sorry to say that I haven't had the military experience of planning a military response to neighbors who say "fuck off." I'll bring that up in the next Command and Staff meeting, though. I'm sure it will be well received.
furo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 08:46 PM   #256
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Goatse is the not so fresh internet gross out site. The one I am thinking of had me throwing up in about 15 seconds. I urge every one to never go there.
tubgirl?
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 09:00 PM   #257
ShardmoonVer.1

Tubgirl.. oh Tubgirl.. I remember when you were the most disgusting thing imaginable. You have forever been replaced by a website so visually disturbing that I dare not speak its name.

But I will give you a hint. I counsel you to ignore the hint and seek not such knowledge.

2girls
Old 12-20-2007, 10:09 PM   #258
furo

Tubgirl.. oh Tubgirl.. I remember when you were the most disgusting thing imaginable. You have forever been replaced by a website so visually disturbing that I dare not speak its name.

But I will give you a hint. I counsel you to ignore the hint and seek not such knowledge.

2girls
2girls one cup?
furo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 04:53 AM   #259
Ini
Indestructible

Send a message via Yahoo to Ini
I am sure that is it. Quite possibly the most disturbing thing I have ever seen. I have seen some crazy shit over the years as a Police Officer.

That reminds me of someone eating a shit sandwich who is happy that it has 20% less shit.
Ini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 05:09 AM   #260
Everclear

My husband tried to gross me out with that site. He couldn't watch more than a couple seconds of it. I watched it and laughed. I just said "That is clearly peanut butter". He couldn't believe I watched the whole thing.

To me it looked incredibly fake. Now he tells me there is one that is 2 girls 1 finger. I haven't looked yet. He tells me that one is real. I am so happy he has this free time during the day.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:40 AM   #261
ShardmoonVer.1

The fact you managed to sit through the entire thing says a lot about you, EC. Most of which is not good.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:53 AM   #262
Everclear

Originally Posted by Shard
The fact you managed to sit through the entire thing says a lot about you, EC. Most of which is not good.
When something strikes me as terribly fake (whether it be a horror movie.. or this.. or whatever)... it's all I can see, and it is just so hokey.

The idea of 2 girls 1 cup was filthy nasty... but the actual footage was just stupid, imo
Old 12-21-2007, 06:52 AM   #263
ShardmoonVer.1

If you made it 3 seconds past the cup, you are one twisted bunny.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:24 AM   #264
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

I'm just offering you some advice. If you find this conversation retarded and unpleasant, maybe you should stop participating in it. Then you don't have to worry about being offended.

I'd think that was common sense, but here you are nonetheless...participating.
Offended? Hardly, cupcake. Just because I find your dialogue retarded doesn't mean it doesn't amuse me. I am a bit surprised, however; I thought you were smarter than this. But, by all means, carry on!

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 09:42 AM   #265
Brigiid

And you also don't know what the neighbor will do, so why is it so important that he say "fuck off" and I give a response?
Because neither of us can predict the neighbor's response, or the effectiveness of your conversation.

In order to find out what happens after the conversation, I have to give you a little something to go on - like one potential outcome of the conversation. Then you've got some kind of idea about whether your first attempt was successful or not, and can move past it and think about what comes next. It's what comes next that I'm interested in - not what happens during.

What you are doing is trying to further a dead issue.
It clearly isn't a dead issue to me.

You attempted to prove to the world that you are the foremost leader in debunking the "internet tough guy," and that your "Zero Tolerance Policy" will crush those who stand in the way.
I'm not trying to prove that I'm the foremost leader in debunking anything. I asked you a simple question, and you're refusing to answer it because...? Because you think this is a game or a battle that needs to be won?

You play your games and have fun with it. I asked a question. That's it. And you refused to answer it. I don't think for a second that you're too stupid or too limited to have some kind of idea what you'd do in that circumstance, which just leaves you being difficult on purpose.
Old 12-21-2007, 09:49 AM   #266
Everclear

Originally Posted by Shard
If you made it 3 seconds past the cup, you are one twisted bunny.
I don't deny this.