Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2009, 11:13 AM   #126
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by Chiteng View Post
If he or she felt wronged. They could have sued me.
*shrug*

Nope, no guilt at all =)
Yeah, like you're worth suing.

Fuck off, troll.
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:19 AM   #127
Pafuna
Brilliant Curmudgeon

Actually I think that it is generally accepted that a Manager who uses his position, to extort sex, is in the wrong. In fact a Manager having an affair with an employee is pretty much wrong.
These two statements are pretty reasonable, and I tend to agree that managers, or people in positions of authority in general, have a higher set of standards to adhere to commensurate with their responsibility. If a manager uses his position of power in an unlawful or grossly unethical manner, then yes, he should work there. Long and short, office affairs are bad for everyone.

But we don't know the whole story, do we? Was this a case where you assumed facts not in evidence? Are these the actual circumstances of the incident? We'll never know, because all we have to go on is your accounting, and history has shown us all that you are not at all interested in giving us anything akin to a fair accounting of anything.

As for the company, that is easy, I dont agree with you, and I will not agree with you =) The company was caught in a bad situation. Because they didnt
know the two complaints were related. They recognized that there was a
serious possibility of a wrongful dismissal suit by me.
Even if YOU dont =)
How do we know that? We don't have the whole story. Did you end up suing them? Did you win? Lose? Did you move on to other things in your life? Your assumed 'specialty', perhaps? What do we have to go on here other than your long-compromised word?
Damn, is Pafuna allowed to win the intrawebs twice, or is it a lifetime achievement thing?
Pafuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:28 AM   #128
Chiteng
Supporter

Originally Posted by Pafuna View Post
These two statements are pretty reasonable, and I tend to agree that managers, or people in positions of authority in general, have a higher set of standards to adhere to commensurate with their responsibility. If a manager uses his position of power in an unlawful or grossly unethical manner, then yes, he should work there. Long and short, office affairs are bad for everyone.

But we don't know the whole story, do we? Was this a case where you assumed facts not in evidence? Are these the actual circumstances of the incident? We'll never know, because all we have to go on is your accounting, and history has shown us all that you are not at all interested in giving us anything akin to a fair accounting of anything.

How do we know that? We don't have the whole story. Did you end up suing them? Did you win? Lose? Did you move on to other things in your life? Your assumed 'specialty', perhaps? What do we have to go on here other than your long-compromised word?
No I did not sue them. Because the estimated cost to sue them exceeded
the estimated restitution. It is a right to work state.

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Chiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:31 AM   #129
Chiteng
Supporter

As to you impuning my veracity =)

If I were female, and accused of having an affair with my boss, and I were
innocent, believe me, the accuser would suffer for it.
I think that most women would feel much the same.
Possibly I am in error, since I am not female.

In any case, her lack of action, on the issue, lends itself to reflection.

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Old 04-01-2009, 11:40 AM   #130
Pafuna
Brilliant Curmudgeon

I think that most women would feel much the same.
Possibly I am in error, since I am not female.

In any case, her lack of action, on the issue, lends itself to reflection.
There is no one here more culpable in the murder of your own integrity than you, sir.

May you long reap what you sow.
Damn, is Pafuna allowed to win the intrawebs twice, or is it a lifetime achievement thing?
Pafuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:58 AM   #131
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Daily.
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 04-01-2009, 01:21 PM   #132
Chiteng
Supporter

There is no one here more culpable in the murder of your own integrity than you, sir.

May you long reap what you sow.
and you the same =)

Voltaire

French Priest
Old 04-01-2009, 01:55 PM   #133
Lurikeen
Freaky

More than what your boss had already suffered in the affair?
Old 04-01-2009, 10:44 PM   #134
Axgar

Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
You suck Chit......... you were jealous....... you are gay and were mad that the other guy wasn't.

these are all more probable than anything you said all thread.
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:37 AM   #135
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by Axgar View Post
You suck Chit......... you were jealous....... you are gay and were mad that the other guy wasn't.

these are all more probable than anything you said all thread.
Now now... why do you have to call Chit gay? The gay men I know are MUCH more principled than this jackass.
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 04-02-2009, 12:45 PM   #136
Axgar

Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
My appologies to Davek, didnt mean to dis you at all.
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:00 PM   #137
Ice Weasel X
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to Ice Weasel X
o_O
I'm suddenly wondering if someone piped hallucinogens into my vents.