Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 11:56 AM   #1
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

Default That thing I said about gov't funding science?

I take it back.
Congressman Paul Broun (R-Ga.) said last week that evolution and the big bang theory are "lies straight from the pit of Hell."

"God's word is true. I've come to understand that. All that stuff I was taught about evolution and embryology and the big bang theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of Hell," said Broun, who is an MD. "It's lies to try to keep me and all the folks who were taught that from understanding that they need a savior."

He continued:

"You see, there are a lot of scientific data that I've found out as a scientist that actually show that this is really a young Earth. I don't believe that the earth's but about 9,000 years old. I believe it was created in six days as we know them. That's what the Bible says."

According to NBC News, Broun's comments were part of a larger speech given at the 2012 Sportsman's Banquet at Liberty Baptist Church in Hartwell, Georgia on September 27th. A clip of the video was distributed by the The Bridge Project, a liberal watchdog group.

Broun is a high-ranking member of the House Science Committee, of which Rep. Todd Akin (R-Mo.) is also a member.

Akin made headlines last month for suggesting that women don't get pregnant from "legitimate rape" because their bodies have "ways to try to shut that whole thing down."
If people like these are on our House Science Committee, we have a lot bigger things than ants to worry about.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:27 AM   #2
Aolynd

This what many on the left currently aren't seeing. Sure, no problem giving Seblius control over what insurance has to cover, or Obama carte blanche to ignore any laws he doesn't like. They'll be in power forever and ever and ever and ever right?

The real problem with government taking over things like health care, the banks, GM is not that the current administration is the soul of evil, it's that there really are no safeguards about who's going to be running it later on.

I'm not even a little surprised that these guys are on the science committee. Who else would fight to get on that committee? It's not a big money position...unless you can use it to fire up values donors.

And it's what we get for thinking that the government would do a good job, in spite of 200 years of evidence about who we, the people, put in charge of it.
Aolynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:02 AM   #3
Michael Cumberlan

"You see, there are a lot of scientific data that I've found out as a scientist that actually show that this is really a young Earth. I don't believe that the earth's but about 9,000 years old. I believe it was created in six days as we know them. That's what the Bible says."
So this clown thinks he is a scientist because he is on the Science committee???

He has a bachelors in chemistry and an M.D. Don't know how that makes him a "scientist" ...
Michael Cumberlan is offline   Reply With Quote