Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent


Reply
 
Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 07:16 AM   #76
Pinkheart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,913
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
I just love how you never talk about the Democratic extremists. It's hilarious how partisan you actually are. If we listened to you, we'd only think there were GOP extremists, and that the DNC was somehow normal & middle of the road.
What would you like to discuss regarding the DNC extremists? I have acknowledged them and said that as long as they are contained, I am okay.

I am not pretending they don't exist like you do with the GOP.

Of course there are left wing radicals. I see them every day, I live in the People's Republic of Austin, where I am considered quite conservative. What exactly would you like to discuss?
Pinkheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:08 PM   #77
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Originally Posted by Pinkheart View Post
What would you like to discuss regarding the DNC extremists? I have acknowledged them and said that as long as they are contained, I am okay.

I am not pretending they don't exist like you do with the GOP.

Of course there are left wing radicals. I see them every day, I live in the People's Republic of Austin, where I am considered quite conservative. What exactly would you like to discuss?
Oh yes... I pretend they don't exist...

I'd like to discuss your level of bullshit. But I do believe one thing: You probably ARE considered conservative for the liberal buttsore of Texas. (That's my private little name for Austin. My wife is pretty amused by it, the rest of you likely won't be)
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:48 AM   #78
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
If you were worth my time, I'd actually put some effort into this.
And you're accusing ME of sounding like Chiteng? Get over yourself. By the way, genius, if I weren't worth your time, you wouldn't be replying at all. Try another line.

Quote translation: "I have nothing else to say."
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:36 AM   #79
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Originally Posted by Wildane View Post
And you're accusing ME of sounding like Chiteng? Get over yourself. By the way, genius, if I weren't worth your time, you wouldn't be replying at all. Try another line.

Quote translation: "I have nothing else to say."
Nah, you're worth the 30 seconds I'm here to taunt you, but you aren't worth any real effort. You can't even follow Beal's argument, so why should I bother trying to dumb it down even more? A third grader could understand it, but it seems to completely elude you.
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:23 AM   #80
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
Nah, you're worth the 30 seconds I'm here to taunt you, but you aren't worth any real effort. You can't even follow Beal's argument, so why should I bother trying to dumb it down even more? A third grader could understand it, but it seems to completely elude you.
No, Beal wasn't following my argument. Neither were you. I expected more out of Beal. You, on the other hand, surprised me not at all. At least you're consistent.
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:42 AM   #81
Beal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,265
Originally Posted by Wildane View Post
No, Beal wasn't following my argument.
That tends to happen when you keep revising your argument.
Beal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:22 AM   #82
Pinkheart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,913
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
Oh yes... I pretend they don't exist...

I'd like to discuss your level of bullshit. But I do believe one thing: You probably ARE considered conservative for the liberal buttsore of Texas. (That's my private little name for Austin. My wife is pretty amused by it, the rest of you likely won't be)
Oh please, you're in Dallas. Austin is a thriving and beautiful place. It is consistantly rated one of the top places in the country to live. Our housing market is better than most places, our employment is better than most places... and our parks and outdoor spaces are better than most places.

Sure we have lots of loons, but it's the best city in Texas, imo. (I have lived all over Texas, including Dallas.... I have family there... it sucks.)
Pinkheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:23 PM   #83
Pinkheart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,913
..Flip....


http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...pe=marketsNews

In a new stance, Romney told The Denver Post in an interview that appeared in Tuesday's newspaper that he would not overturn an order by Obama in June that allows hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants brought to the United States as children to stay in the country.

"The people who have received the special visa that the president has put in place, which is a two-year visa, should expect that the visa would continue to be valid. I'm not going to take something that they've purchased," Romney said


FLOP.

Love it.

Ryan had his pants on the ground

Despite Romney's new course on immigration, vice presidential running mate Paul Ryan has taken a harder tone. The Wisconsin congressman has vowed that Romney would overturn the kind of White House order that Obama used in offering work permits to the children of illegal immigrants.

"Here's the great thing about a Mitt Romney presidency. For an executive order that came from the last president, the new president can undo it," Ryan told voters in Lima, Ohio on Sept. 24. "We're planning that," he said to applause.


These clowns need walkie talkies so they can communicate. Poor Ryan is gonna get whiplash from the flip flopping.
Pinkheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:17 AM   #84
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
Originally Posted by Beal View Post
That tends to happen when you keep revising your argument.
Right. My argument has always been how Romney was non-relatable. I've explained this already. Fuck you if you can't keep up. Or just keep whining. Doesn't matter to me.
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:40 AM   #85
Beal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,265
Originally Posted by Wildane View Post
Right. My argument has always been how Romney was non-relatable. I've explained this already.
I guess we're done too.

Last edited by Beal; 10-03-2012 at 07:51 AM.
Beal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:29 PM   #86
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Originally Posted by Pinkheart View Post
Oh please, you're in Dallas. Austin is a thriving and beautiful place. It is consistantly rated one of the top places in the country to live. Our housing market is better than most places, our employment is better than most places... and our parks and outdoor spaces are better than most places.

Sure we have lots of loons, but it's the best city in Texas, imo. (I have lived all over Texas, including Dallas.... I have family there... it sucks.)
Fort Worth. Call me a Dallasite, and well, pardner, them's fightin' words.
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:30 PM   #87
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Originally Posted by Wildane View Post
Right. My argument has always been how Romney was non-relatable. I've explained this already. Fuck you if you can't keep up. Or just keep whining. Doesn't matter to me.
Well... that was half of your argument...
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:34 AM   #88
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
Well... that was half of your argument...
And the peanut gallery also fails to understand the explanation given. Shocker.

I think, being myself, I am the best qualified to explain my argument. Don't like it? Boo. Hoo.
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:07 AM   #89
Pinkheart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,913
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
Fort Worth. Call me a Dallasite, and well, pardner, them's fightin' words.
Ft. Worth is just East Dallas at this point.

It is a little different, but not much.

Dallas ain't no Austin. Although, I will admit, I am jealous of the show... although some of it has been in Austin.

I have to go up there next month for a wedding and I am dreading it.
Pinkheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:38 PM   #90
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Originally Posted by Wildane View Post
And the peanut gallery also fails to understand the explanation given. Shocker.

I think, being myself, I am the best qualified to explain my argument. Don't like it? Boo. Hoo.
Oh yes... you can't put out a clear argument, you ramble all over the place, and we're the ones lacking.
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:40 PM   #91
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Originally Posted by Pinkheart View Post
Ft. Worth is just East Dallas at this point.

It is a little different, but not much.

Dallas ain't no Austin. Although, I will admit, I am jealous of the show... although some of it has been in Austin.

I have to go up there next month for a wedding and I am dreading it.
1: Fort Worth is West of Dallas
2: No, it's not
3: Austin is full of very nice, but damned stupid (or stoned) people.
4: I wouldn't live in Austin. Pass. But it's an OK place to visit once a year or so.
5: It gets boring off of 6th street and the coffee houses.
6: My annual visit is coming up soon enough. Wanna get a beer? You can meet the wife and I can meet the partner.

Edit: I'm proud to call this guy a friend of mine. He's an Austinite these days, but grew up in Crowley. I don't always agree with him, but he's a good egg.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XusrH3um5PA
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:48 AM   #92
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
Oh yes... you can't put out a clear argument, you ramble all over the place, and we're the ones lacking.
Go back through all my posts and you will find that they are consistently within the context of Romney being non-relatable. The comparison to Obama was an afterthought and, as I've already explained, is subjective, which would make arguing over that point pointless. In other words, prove me wrong or stfu.
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:14 AM   #93
Pinkheart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,913
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
1: Fort Worth is West of Dallas
2: No, it's not
3: Austin is full of very nice, but damned stupid (or stoned) people.
4: I wouldn't live in Austin. Pass. But it's an OK place to visit once a year or so.
5: It gets boring off of 6th street and the coffee houses.
6: My annual visit is coming up soon enough. Wanna get a beer? You can meet the wife and I can meet the partner.

Edit: I'm proud to call this guy a friend of mine. He's an Austinite these days, but grew up in Crowley. I don't always agree with him, but he's a good egg.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XusrH3um5PA
1. Okay. My bad.. it's all so run together and I don't get there much.

2. It is!

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mli45ihgm/9-austin-tex/ (Dallas and Austin there)
http://images.businessweek.com/slide...cities#slide40 (Dallas and Austin - and other Texas cities)
http://www.forbes.com/pictures/eddk4...51842097174774 (Best Performing Cities)

It's almost always on any list of best cities for any reason.
3.. True... but what city doesn't have tons of stupid people. It's not the stupid and stoned people that get me... it's the hipsters....

4. It's a great place to live! Having lived in Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, and Corpus... it's by far superior. At least imo. That is subjective, of course.

5. It's not boring off 6th. I hardly ever go down there. There are tons of parks, lakes, local places to eat, places to shop. You can spend all day on South Congress.

6. Could be fun! I need to get the dates and I can get back to you! (Of course I don't drink beer... I prefer wine or cocktails... imagine that.)

No place beats Austin in the live music category. I like live music, so if it's not your scene- I could see why Austin would have a little less appeal... but the natural beauty around here, the good schools (Round Rock), the strong housing market, and strong labor market make it a really great place.
Pinkheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:34 AM   #94
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Originally Posted by Pinkheart View Post
6. Could be fun! I need to get the dates and I can get back to you! (Of course I don't drink beer... I prefer wine or cocktails... imagine that.)

No place beats Austin in the live music category. I like live music, so if it's not your scene- I could see why Austin would have a little less appeal... but the natural beauty around here, the good schools (Round Rock), the strong housing market, and strong labor market make it a really great place.

It's still a while out. Still in the "We need to get down there" phase. She's never spent any time there, except for an hour for lunch on the way to Corpus or San Antonio, so it's still in the "After the trip to Santa Fe" phase. Most likely after advent. She'll need some time off around then.
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:36 AM   #95
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Originally Posted by Wildane View Post
Go back through all my posts and you will find that they are consistently within the context of Romney being non-relatable. The comparison to Obama was an afterthought and, as I've already explained, is subjective, which would make arguing over that point pointless. In other words, prove me wrong or stfu.
You started out by banging on R, then when Beal called you on it, you started saying that O didn't fit the same criteria. That's why you're being spanked at the moment. Grow some balls and admit you were being a douche, and I might let you off easy.
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:58 AM   #96
Pinkheart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,913
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
It's still a while out. Still in the "We need to get down there" phase. She's never spent any time there, except for an hour for lunch on the way to Corpus or San Antonio, so it's still in the "After the trip to Santa Fe" phase. Most likely after advent. She'll need some time off around then.
Sounds good, just keep me updated.
Pinkheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:32 AM   #97
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Will do
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:54 AM   #98
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
You started out by banging on R, then when Beal called you on it, you started saying that O didn't fit the same criteria. That's why you're being spanked at the moment. Grow some balls and admit you were being a douche, and I might let you off easy.
Is this where I'm supposed to start shaking in my socks? I can only say "I've already explained this" so many times before it's obvious the other party just isn't going to get it? Sorry, but I can only dumb it down so far for you, cupcake.
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:11 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.