Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2012, 04:18 AM   #1
Davek
Squawk Box

Default Eastwooding

Wow, no posts yesterday...feels like I'm Eastwooding...

Man that just rolls off the tongue nicely.

Originally Posted by Karthanon View Post
I know, you're in Ottawa, Davek. Still, I can't help but /poke you.
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
And you wonder why I don't play nice with you? You leave my man buttons alone.. Those are Davek's.
Davek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 05:41 AM   #2
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

Sigh......not one of his finer moments.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:38 AM   #3
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Still better than listening to Biden...
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 02:09 PM   #4
ShardmoonVer.1

The sad part is, it was on too late for the audience it was intended to impress. My dad and all his pals are in bed (seperate for the most part) at 9.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:37 PM   #5
Brigiid

Send a message via AIM to Brigiid
Originally Posted by Shardmoon
(seperate for the most part)
Old 09-03-2012, 07:10 AM   #6
Wildane

Originally Posted by Brigiid View Post
I think what he means is that they don't sleep with their prosthetic parts on.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Old 09-03-2012, 07:30 AM   #7
Brigiid

Send a message via AIM to Brigiid
Lol
Old 09-04-2012, 10:35 AM   #8
Pinkheart

Eastwood was an incoherent clown.

Rubio was amazing.

I wish the GOP was running Rubio, instead of Romney. It would have been a massacre.
Pinkheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:57 PM   #9
SupportTank

uh people eastwooding is gaining...

national empty chair day.....

70 Warrior - Affliction

If someone tells you it's OK to lie. How do you know they aren't lying?
SupportTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:09 AM   #10
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Yeah... everyone knows Obama is an empty suit, not an empty chair.
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 09-05-2012, 06:47 AM   #11
Pinkheart

Yeah... everyone knows Obama is an empty suit, not an empty chair.
lol... yes, that is why there was so much emphasis on having to remind people that Romney is a human not a robot...because his opponent is such an empty suit.

For a guy that has done so many things that are controversial... I don't think he is guilty of just being an empty suit. It's full of something.... but it might be crap.

Romney is just a sock puppet.

It doesn't really matter. The DNC speeches are eclipsing the RNC speeches, but they need to address the economy. Michelle's speech was excellent, but her unclarified remarks about the state of the economy seemed out of touch with the reality. She talked about job ccreation and acted like the recession was over, and it is clearly not.

Last edited by Pinkheart; 09-05-2012 at 06:55 AM.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:17 AM   #12
Wildane

Yeah, it definitely isn't over. Fact checkers are already at work
The figure of 4.5 million jobs is accurate if you look at the most favorable period and category for the administration. But overall, there are still fewer people working now than when Obama took office at the height of the recession.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:31 AM   #13
Pinkheart

Originally Posted by Wildane View Post
Yeah, it definitely isn't over. Fact checkers are already at work
Yes, she was swimming along brilliantly, and then when she made that comment, the hairs on my neck stood up and I cringed.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:24 AM   #14
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by Pinkheart View Post
lol... yes, that is why there was so much emphasis on having to remind people that Romney is a human not a robot...because his opponent is such an empty suit.
Yes... because the two are mutually exclusive concepts...

You really are a sad little sycophant.
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 09-05-2012, 11:02 AM   #15
Pinkheart

Yes... because the two are mutually exclusive concepts...

You really are a sad little sycophant.
Please, you're a shill. Obama is not an empty suit. He's got quite an agenda and has had no problem pursuing it... not an empty suit.

I have watched you criticize him, call him names, and get mad about his overreaching. Those are complaints about someone with too much ambition and too little restraint/respect... not a hollow or empty suit. He actually stands for quite a bit, it's just that many people don't like what that means.

Biden is the empty suit on the ticket... but he's the VP. Romney is the definition of an empty suit.... but Paul Ryan is not. It's why most of the debate now is over Ryan's policies and budget rather than Romney's. Romney doesn't have plans, he just has vague talking points and illusory promises. Romney is the flip flopping chameleon that disappears and blends in with his surroundings. Ryan is a more solid target.

They need more incoherent white men with wild hair yelling at chairs.... that will get their base riled up. Jeez...they knew their audience.

Last edited by Pinkheart; 09-05-2012 at 11:36 AM.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:05 PM   #16
Ice Weasel X
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to Ice Weasel X
Verbing Eastwood's name just made me stop and think whether my wood has ever pointed due east. Statistically, it probably is very nearly guaranteed to have happened at some point, but I can't get that thought out of my head.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:15 PM   #17
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Please, you're a shill. Obama is not an empty suit. He's got quite an agenda and has had no problem pursuing it... not an empty suit.
Did your eyes get all starry when you typed that?

I'm the shill, eh?

I'm not the one carrying someone's water. You're trying your damnedest to bash Romney and boost Obama. Me? I'm not even voting for either of these guys.

You're so far from reality that I can barely see you out there in lefty la la land, hoss.

Obama is a complete empty suit. Now don't cry, sunshine, but that's a fact. He's nothing but a hollow man repeating the empty diatribes of his masters. He has no experience, has never held down a job, and is absolutely the least qualified person to ever be President. He has only 2 qualifications that helped him slime his way into the presidency: He's black, and he can read fairly well off of a teleprompter. That's it. And you're dying to keep him in power. Do you have a poster of him up on your ceiling? Do you make your lover call you Bo? (Man, there's a doggy-style joke in there somewhere). Do you also make your lover dress in drag as Michelle?

Yeah, I'm the shill
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 09-05-2012, 01:16 PM   #18
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by Ice Weasel X View Post
Verbing Eastwood's name just made me stop and think whether my wood has ever pointed due east. Statistically, it probably is very nearly guaranteed to have happened at some point, but I can't get that thought out of my head.
Clint Eastwood? What kinda sissy name is that?
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 09-05-2012, 01:21 PM   #19
Pinkheart

Did your eyes get all starry when you typed that?

I'm the shill, eh?

I'm not the one carrying someone's water. You're trying your damnedest to bash Romney and boost Obama. Me? I'm not even voting for either of these guys.

You're so far from reality that I can barely see you out there in lefty la la land, hoss.

Obama is a complete empty suit. Now don't cry, sunshine, but that's a fact. He's nothing but a hollow man repeating the empty diatribes of his masters. He has no experience, has never held down a job, and is absolutely the least qualified person to ever be President. He has only 2 qualifications that helped him slime his way into the presidency: He's black, and he can read fairly well off of a teleprompter. That's it. And you're dying to keep him in power. Do you have a poster of him up on your ceiling? Do you make your lover call you Bo? (Man, there's a doggy-style joke in there somewhere). Do you also make your lover dress in drag as Michelle?

Yeah, I'm the shill
No, you have that all backwards... I said I would do Mitt Romney (if he was single, - younger Mitt was pretty cute), but vote for Ron Paul. Now don't go around confusing things, because I refuse to vote for Mitt and boink Ron Paul!
Old 09-05-2012, 02:35 PM   #20
Ice Weasel X
Banned User

What about Ru Paul?

/vomit
Old 09-05-2012, 03:28 PM   #21
Wildane

Clint Eastwood? What kinda sissy name is that?
Yeah, that's an actor name, not a cowboy name. He shoulda gone with Josie Wales.

Old 09-05-2012, 03:29 PM   #22
Wildane

No, you have that all backwards... I said I would do Mitt Romney (if he was single, - younger Mitt was pretty cute), but vote for Ron Paul. Now don't go around confusing things, because I refuse to vote for Mitt and boink Ron Paul!
Bullshit. Ron Paul may be old, but he's scrappy. I bet he'd be a good time.

Old 09-05-2012, 06:05 PM   #23
Drysdale
RSS Feed

And if you could get Rand in on the action, well... Daddy son 3 ways are all the rage right now...
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 09-06-2012, 05:41 AM   #24
Pinkheart

I think they tried that in Borat....
Old 09-06-2012, 08:04 AM   #25
Ice Weasel X
Banned User

in Borat
Considering the conversation, no. Just... no.