Rubenn Zar'shek

Naw...just destory OJ's ego then we'll talk

/grin

Rubenn Zar'shek
Archon of Affliction
Rubenn Zar'shek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 11:10 AM   #52
cryloc

just wanted to thank bruucce for taking the time to do the list . taking into consideration that this is in no way an exact sience you have done a great job i dont see any reason for anyone to worry about where they fall on the list , if your guild truely belongs above another your deeds will show it in time .
cryloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 01:58 PM   #53
Guntak

Any chance you could post the data you are using to come up with the ranking? Not trying to dispute it, just curious Thanks for doing this btw.
Old 04-22-2003, 02:41 PM   #54
Golems

i hope thos doesn't totally blow the current rankings but.....

magister never ever killed grieg. we tried once i think and we lost terriblely. hehe

Golems
Magister
Golems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 02:49 PM   #55
chukzombi
The Undead Shaman

Somebody opened the door
chukzombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 06:24 PM   #56
Qool

/sarcasm on
Has Midnight Fury or Divine Grace killed Lord Inquisitor Seru? Just wondering... but we do him flawlessly with fewer than 40 people. Seems like if MF or DG were truly better than us, they would have already done the same?
/sarcasm off
I was bored one day and solo'd him. Sucks they nerfed charm now.

Seriously though. That is a rather short sighted statement. Just because I never wacked a mob way back does not mean I couldn't walk over and paint the zone with its blood today. Point is... why bother?

Q
Qool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 06:44 PM   #57
Ojuillean

uhhh...you missed my point Qool.
Old 04-22-2003, 08:04 PM   #58
Chiatae

/sarcasm on
Has Midnight Fury or Divine Grace killed Lord Inquisitor Seru? Just wondering... but we do him flawlessly with fewer than 40 people. Seems like if MF or DG were truly better than us, they would have already done the same?
/sarcasm off
That help?
Chiatae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 10:47 PM   #59
Razboinik

Send a message via AIM to Razboinik
WTF this post has potential to become good r&f material but still lacks in initiative, so I'm going to help things going because I'm bored.

Shouldn't Magister be sent to the bottom of list because of failing ring war 3 times?
Old 04-23-2003, 07:32 AM   #60
Khael

Hahahahahaha

It wasn't even worth posting but Oj and Chia's responses to Qool actually made me laugh out loud. Qool fails at reading comprehension too :eek:
Old 04-23-2003, 07:56 AM   #61
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience

Point is... why bother?
/shrug Why bother to do anything in this game? Answer that question and you will have an answer to your own.

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 08:48 AM   #62
Shadowbud

Send a message via AIM to Shadowbud
Originally posted by Razboinik
Shouldn't Magister be sent to the bottom of list because of failing ring war 3 times?
in the same note shouldnt RoD be at the bottom for wiping numerous times to cursed with OVER 70 people?

mighty good for a "Non-Zerg" guild

btw grats on finally killing him though...with just under 70 people I hear
Shadowbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 10:21 AM   #63
Overlord Oogy

Send a message via ICQ to Overlord Oogy
Call it what you like, but it's not intentionally a " zerg ", we just have happened to have a lot more of our part time members log on for Ssra.
Overlord Oogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 10:26 AM   #64
Gurglespit

Send a message via Yahoo to Gurglespit
Who the fuck cares how many people you have when you kill something?? really!? You know what?? I think it is DAMN impressive that someone can gather and coordinate 70 people! Coordinating 20 is simple.. but 70 would be a pain in the ass. Really.. why try and diminish someone's accomplishment just because they didn't do it "as well as" you??
Old 04-23-2003, 10:41 AM   #65
Bumamgar

Originally posted by Gurglespit
Who the fuck cares how many people you have when you kill something?? really!? You know what?? I think it is DAMN impressive that someone can gather and coordinate 70 people! Coordinating 20 is simple.. but 70 would be a pain in the ass. Really.. why try and diminish someone's accomplishment just because they didn't do it "as well as" you??
This in a thread about "Guild Rankings" ?

I think it's great when a guild succeeds at taking out it's target, no matter how many troops they have to bring in to complete the task.

However, IF you are trying to objectively measure a comperative ranking, then the number of players used to succeed is certainly a factor.

There are many skills that come into play in this game.

One skill is organizing and motivating large groups of people. This is a skill that, say, Shinerbok (of CoI) has, and has proven many times with his successful Pick-Up events against mobs like Terris Thule. However, even Shiner admits that these are "zerg" events. It doesn't DIMINISH Shiner's accomplishments in any way. He is great at gathering 70+ people and getting them to do what it takes to kill a mob.

However, that is a completely different type of skill from the advanced tactics and gameplay based skills that would be required to take out Terris Thule with a force of 40 people.

Two different skillsets. When viewing a guild's accomplishments with an eye towards "ranking" them, I would maintain that, for a given set of targets, the guild that succeeded with a significantly smaller force, should be ranked higher.
Old 04-23-2003, 10:44 AM   #66
stormrayne

Default Sigh all this smacking what the hell

Originally posted by Camien Ta`Mire
/smack Fenlayen
/SMACK Fenlayen

Stormrayne
stormrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 10:53 AM   #67
Grys
Professional Troublemaker

Send a message via AIM to Grys Send a message via MSN to Grys
Default Pickup raids

Originally posted by Bumamgar
One skill is organizing and motivating large groups of people. This is a skill that, say, Shinerbok (of CoI) has, and has proven many times with his successful Pick-Up events against mobs like Terris Thule. However, even Shiner admits that these are "zerg" events. It doesn't DIMINISH Shiner's accomplishments in any way. He is great at gathering 70+ people and getting them to do what it takes to kill a mob.
\\

Shinerbok is one helluva professional on leading raids. You don't do so bad yourself as a raid leader. I've server under both of you and (/salute) you both do a great job.
Grys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 10:57 AM   #68
Gurglespit

Send a message via Yahoo to Gurglespit
Originally posted by Bumamgar
This in a thread about "Guild Rankings" ?

I think it's great when a guild succeeds at taking out it's target, no matter how many troops they have to bring in to complete the task.

However, IF you are trying to objectively measure a comperative ranking, then the number of players used to succeed is certainly a factor.

There are many skills that come into play in this game.

However, that is a completely different type of skill from the advanced tactics and gameplay based skills that would be required to take out Terris Thule with a force of 40 people.

Two different skillsets. When viewing a guild's accomplishments with an eye towards "ranking" them, I would maintain that, for a given set of targets, the guild that succeeded with a significantly smaller force, should be ranked higher.
Give me a break.. now if you were on the forefront creating the tactics (fires of heaven.. afterlife.. LoS..) THEN you deserve the credit for using 20 people to kill something.. but when you can go look at numerous guides to killing everything short of the plane of time.. I don't see how it really matters.
Old 04-23-2003, 11:09 AM   #69
TipaDaKnife

Funny you should mention Terris with 40 people. That's about the number of people we had for our most recent Terris kill.

Pretty sure it was flawless too... wait, Aruch died while kiting the gargoyles. Just one of those things; druid sees four mobs and the brain shifts automatically into quad-kite mode.

Aerin'Dar with 49; Tallon Zek with 51; Manaetic Behemoth with 55; Xerkizh the Creator with 36, High Priest with 44... we may not be big, we may not be uber, but we get things done.

Just a little bragging
Kanda, 60 Troll Priestess, Kirin Tor, WoW
Dina Tanglewood, 53 Troubador, Befallen, EQ2
Dera Tanglewood, 47 Inquisitor, Befallen, EQ2
TipaDaKnife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 12:38 PM   #70
Khael

Wow, someone killing stuff with around 40 and bragging about it :eek:

You realize Cursed has been done with 12, Emp with 22, and Seru with 14, right? :P

p.s. Sorry, I hate when people brag about themselves, unless maybe it's really exceptional like killing IV by yourself ><
Old 04-23-2003, 01:32 PM   #71
TipaDaKnife

Sure, with awesome equipment and gear, it could be done with fewer. Never claimed CE was the most uber guild ever - this list puts us pretty far from that even on this server. For the level of guild we are, these ARE accomplishments. Bumamgen pointed out that doing things with half the people of zerg raids would be something of which to be proud... I'm being proud.
Kanda, 60 Troll Priestess, Kirin Tor, WoW
Dina Tanglewood, 53 Troubador, Befallen, EQ2
Dera Tanglewood, 47 Inquisitor, Befallen, EQ2
TipaDaKnife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 01:40 PM   #72
Naele

For a laugh one day I went in and soloed all the Fire giants in SolB, yep even offed Tranix, Skarlon and Rokyl...if I were a guild would I get a spot on the list?

I realy think the amount of people used is a moot point. So you had 50-72+ people. in my experiance its easier to mess up when you have too many. People going AFK, Lagging out from all the people around them, more chances of clerics in the C-heal chain going LD at the wrong time. people wandering or getting lost and bringing trains...Raiding with a small tight group is actualy a much easier operation in my opinion.

Naele Shadowslayer
65 Dread Lord
Nallae Shadowslayer
63 Cleric
Affliction
75 (128aa) Cleric
Whit's End
Naele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 01:46 PM   #73
Ice Weasel X
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to Ice Weasel X
To the people speaking of low numbers, what about guilds who happen to have a large number of members (or enough to be considered overkill) who like playing together? &nbsp;I know of no guilds who insist on members staying away from a raid just to say they did it with fewer. &nbsp;For all you know, <Not Quite Über> can kill raid_mob_69_dude with 3 groups, but just happened to have 42 people online who wanted to raid together.

I've got this urge to go watch Bill & Ted. &nbsp;Damnit, Chiteng.
Ice Weasel X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 03:06 PM   #74
Ssetti

Send a message via MSN to Ssetti
I disagree. As Sun Tze would tell you, the only thing that matters is whether you live and the mob dies.

The "number of people" thing may be a reflection of skill, but it's not a reflection of how far up the EQ foodchain you are ... and the latter is what this ranking is about.
Ssetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 03:29 PM   #75
Zelgadis

Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
Burm must take the uber score way too seriously. I rank CoI 40-something. Those Kunark kills they locked down really killed their "points" and dropped them down in "rank". And taking credit to his own guild for Shinerbok's pick up raids of a thousand people from outside his guild takes away even more, making his guild's "rank" pretty crappy beyond pretty crappy.

*rolls eyes* ...err, wait...

(way too serious)

Serving one day at a time, for four-to-six years at a time.
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote