Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent


Reply
 
Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2012, 09:49 AM   #26
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
Originally Posted by Ice Weasel X View Post
Considering the conversation, no. Just... no.
Too late. It's in my brain.
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:41 AM   #27
Pinkheart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,913
The title of this article cracked me up:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-...n-have-a-plan/

Romney's new plan: Have a Plan

My biggest problem with Romney is that his campaign of "not Obama" has had zero details. I think it's time he actually give voters details on what he wants to do, rather than vague generalities and lists of empty promises.

If Mitt can actually outline a feasible way to accomplish some of what he wants to do, it will really help him out. So far, the Obama admin has been framing his candidacy, because there are no specifics for Romney to hold to... there is the Ryan budget... but as the Romney campaign has pointed out, it's the Romney ticket.... so he has had a lot of nothing.

If he actually gets serious and starts laying out real plans, I think the election could take a very interesting turn.
Pinkheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:30 AM   #28
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Well then, he's in good Company, since Obama has about the same amount of nothing.
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:19 AM   #29
Aolynd
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 987
Originally Posted by Pinkheart View Post
The title of this article cracked me up:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-...n-have-a-plan/

Romney's new plan: Have a Plan

My biggest problem with Romney is that his campaign of "not Obama" has had zero details. I think it's time he actually give voters details on what he wants to do, rather than vague generalities and lists of empty promises.

If Mitt can actually outline a feasible way to accomplish some of what he wants to do, it will really help him out. So far, the Obama admin has been framing his candidacy, because there are no specifics for Romney to hold to... there is the Ryan budget... but as the Romney campaign has pointed out, it's the Romney ticket.... so he has had a lot of nothing.

If he actually gets serious and starts laying out real plans, I think the election could take a very interesting turn.

Proof that if you say something often enough the sheep will start singing along to it.
Aolynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:29 AM   #30
Pinkheart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,913
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
Well then, he's in good Company, since Obama has about the same amount of nothing.
Obama has been playing defense. He has 4 years in the White House. He has had the job of trying to convince people that his policies haven't failed... they are just taking a long time. He has a huge mess to spin... but he certainly has something. You don't come out of 4 years with nothing. It's just that he doesn't have a whole lot of popular things. (Obamacare, stimulus, etc.)
Pinkheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:31 AM   #31
Pinkheart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,913
Originally Posted by Aolynd View Post
Proof that if you say something often enough the sheep will start singing along to it.
Really? Because a lot of the criticism is from his own party.

Please feel free to link to a site that has any specifics on the Romney tax plan.... or any specifics about his plans at all.

Since his own campaign has acknowledged the shortage of details in a pledge to correct it, it seems like the only sheep are those pretending that there isn't a problem. Fortunately, the campaign realizes that and instead of lying to itself like you clearly are doing, they will address it. It will provide for a MUCH more interesting debate between the candidates.
Pinkheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:41 AM   #32
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Originally Posted by Pinkheart View Post
Obama has been playing defense. He has 4 years in the White House. He has had the job of trying to convince people that his policies haven't failed... they are just taking a long time. He has a huge mess to spin... but he certainly has something. You don't come out of 4 years with nothing. It's just that he doesn't have a whole lot of popular things. (Obamacare, stimulus, etc.)
Yeah, exactly. Nothing.
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:29 PM   #33
Misty
Do Not Disturb
 
Misty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 2,066
He got Osama, and brung'd de troupes home from Iraq. You won the War of Mass Distraction, and fought the Sub-Prime mortgage thingummy when brokerage was simply shorting the floor to line the inside of your pockets - with ya mama and papa's start-up money.

And not giving a fuck about tomorrow.

Maybe I got carried away?
__________________
Originally Posted by Drysdale
"Fair enough. I don't agree with anyone all the time."
Originally Posted by Davek
"*blink* *blink* *blink*
*bliiiink* *bliiiink* *bliiiink*
*blink* *blink* *blink*
[fixt]

Mistyglen 68 Half Elf StormWarden (retired)
ex-Mystic Blue, ex-Sundered Heart, ex-Heart of Fenris
Redback's stuff
Redback 72 WoodElf Ranger (Lucid Devotion)
Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:51 PM   #34
Pinkheart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,913
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
Yeah, exactly. Nothing.
I think you could make a case that nothing would be preferable
Pinkheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:40 PM   #35
Aolynd
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 987
Originally Posted by Pinkheart View Post
Really? Because a lot of the criticism is from his own party.

Please feel free to link to a site that has any specifics on the Romney tax plan.... or any specifics about his plans at all.

Since his own campaign has acknowledged the shortage of details in a pledge to correct it, it seems like the only sheep are those pretending that there isn't a problem. Fortunately, the campaign realizes that and instead of lying to itself like you clearly are doing, they will address it. It will provide for a MUCH more interesting debate between the candidates.
Do you even own a mirror?

Half the criticism is things you don't like a about the plan, the other half is how there is no plan...you can't even make up your mind.

Or find google.

http://taxpolicycenter.org/taxtopics/romney-plan.cfm

As for lying, you're either a brain dead moron for not seeing your own contradiction, or you do see it and you're a lying sheep for continuing it anyway.

Of course there is also HR 5429 which is only a few hundred pages and ON THE PUBLIC RECORD DUMBFUCK.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/111/hr4529/text




I'm not even saying you should LIKE any of it. You've already posted a few times how you DONT like some of it (yet now you claim it doesn't exist at all...). So who is lying?

Go back to the pasture, idiot sheep. Your lies only work in places where people can't do a search in about 2 seconds.
Aolynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:50 PM   #36
Aolynd
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 987
By the way, I don't support all of it, and some of the tax plan is vote buying, some just watered down crap.

What I object to is just making shit up and then calling people liars when they call you on the bullshit. He didn't go into detail during the one speech you watched. If he had this post would be about how stogy and boring his speech was.

Once upon a time the left was considered the champions of education. Now informed decision is something to fight against and they continue to strive to champion and win the ignorant vote.

You're as bad as the religious fanatics on the right. No interest in facts, just anything that bashes "them" must be true, damn all contrary evidence! That's why I say look in the mirror. You know those ignorant fucks who call you names and attack you for made up crap from their tiny little minds?

Yeah, that's who you've become. Congratulations. Welcome to being part of the problem.
Aolynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:54 PM   #37
Aolynd
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 987
lastly, and not for nothing, you're the one who wets himself every time someone posts something from a fox affiliated source because of the bias in their opinion pieces...then you post an opinion piece from Slate of all places?

Remember that mirror?
Aolynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:51 AM   #38
Pinkheart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,913
Originally Posted by Aolynd View Post
Do you even own a mirror?

Half the criticism is things you don't like a about the plan, the other half is how there is no plan...you can't even make up your mind.

Or find google.

http://taxpolicycenter.org/taxtopics/romney-plan.cfm

As for lying, you're either a brain dead moron for not seeing your own contradiction, or you do see it and you're a lying sheep for continuing it anyway.

Of course there is also HR 5429 which is only a few hundred pages and ON THE PUBLIC RECORD DUMBFUCK.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/111/hr4529/text
The only "plan" so far is to reduce some taxes (some of which I agree with, others I do not), but how he will accomplish that and remain revenue neutral is not detailed and has led to assumptions that are fairly unpopular. What he has done is left huge holes that are being filled in by others and used to portray him as an elitist.

My compliants are with the plan as assumed (which is not the same thing as what the plan might actually be- but who knows, because he won't say), along with the Paul Ryan budget (which we have been told is not the ticket budget, but Romney doesn't have anything specific to go on, so it is the only real insight into potential policy making we have).

I'm not even saying you should LIKE any of it. You've already posted a few times how you DONT like some of it (yet now you claim it doesn't exist at all...). So who is lying?

Go back to the pasture, idiot sheep. Your lies only work in places where people can't do a search in about 2 seconds.
It's all just promises. Lowering taxes. "Hey guys I wanna lower these taxes!!" Sorry, but unless you are a complete idiot.... or a government worker, you can't possibly call half a plan made up of illusory promises a plan. I have criticized some of his stated goals... but that is all he has - goals- NOT a plan.

It's not hard to see why conservatives are unhappy with these illusory goals- they leave off the most important answers to the question - "How is it funded?". His balance sheet doesn't balance, and as someone from a business background, he should know that is a no-no.

That is why if he can make it feasible, it would change things- a lot.
Pinkheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:56 AM   #39
Pinkheart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,913
Originally Posted by Aolynd View Post
By the way, I don't support all of it, and some of the tax plan is vote buying, some just watered down crap.

What I object to is just making shit up and then calling people liars when they call you on the bullshit. He didn't go into detail during the one speech you watched. If he had this post would be about how stogy and boring his speech was.

Once upon a time the left was considered the champions of education. Now informed decision is something to fight against and they continue to strive to champion and win the ignorant vote.

You're as bad as the religious fanatics on the right. No interest in facts, just anything that bashes "them" must be true, damn all contrary evidence! That's why I say look in the mirror. You know those ignorant fucks who call you names and attack you for made up crap from their tiny little minds?

Yeah, that's who you've become. Congratulations. Welcome to being part of the problem.
Your babbling is an example of hypocrasy. You call me uninformed, yet my criticism is that his tax strategy is only half an idea, and I want the whole policy- and you say I am making "uninformed" statements. His own damn party has the same criticism, and you want to sit here and put your fingers in your ears and "lala" it all away.

You are part of the problem. You are subscribing to a campaign of generalities with an attitude that promises are a substitute for substantive policy. This isn't a Miss America pageant, you dolt.
Pinkheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:58 AM   #40
Pinkheart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,913
Originally Posted by Aolynd View Post
lastly, and not for nothing, you're the one who wets himself every time someone posts something from a fox affiliated source because of the bias in their opinion pieces...then you post an opinion piece from Slate of all places?

Remember that mirror?
The title made me laugh. It has been an ongoing issue- no details. I hardly claimed it was an unbiased newsource or even real journalism. I could have posted an article from the Enquirer if the title was funny for the same reason.

Take your meds. (If I was really doing what you claimed I would have brought up all that other business that came out about Romney in the papers yesterday... but I didn't. Why? Because it's distracting... so stop being a drama queen).
Pinkheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:38 AM   #41
Aolynd
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 987
It's not that you wrote any of that, it's that you actually manage to believe it in the face of evidence. It's a shame. Trust me, I never think its good when people on either side just put thier hands in their ears and sing lalalalala. Aside from anything else, the hope of actual discussion just died again.
Aolynd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:57 AM   #42
Pinkheart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,913
Originally Posted by Aolynd View Post
It's not that you wrote any of that, it's that you actually manage to believe it in the face of evidence. It's a shame. Trust me, I never think its good when people on either side just put thier hands in their ears and sing lalalalala. Aside from anything else, the hope of actual discussion just died again.
Okay, yeah sure.

From your link

Because Gov. Romney has not specified how he would increase the tax base, it is impossible to determine how the plan would affect federal tax revenues or the distribution of the tax burden. TPC has analyzed instead the effects of the specified proposals in the Romney plan. These estimates provide a guide as to how much the base broadening would need to raise taxes in different income groups to achieve the planís targets.
Trying to discuss his plan is like chasing shadows. There's no detail, there's just denial that he will do anything that could be unpopular to anyone. If you were really irritated about not being able to have a meaningful discussion, you would drop the charade and join the rest of the thinking population that demands more, not settles for less.
Pinkheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:26 PM   #43
Drysdale
RSS Feed
 
Drysdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 20,628
Originally Posted by Pinkheart View Post
I think you could make a case that nothing would be preferable
We've had 3.5 years of his nothing... Unfortunately, he likes to spend money... on nothing. Lots of money.
__________________
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:16 PM   #44
Wildane
Psychopath w/a conscience
 
Wildane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: The Hospitality State, asshole!
Posts: 10,540
Originally Posted by Drysdale View Post
We've had 3.5 years of his nothing... Unfortunately, he likes to spend money... on nothing. Lots of money.
Well, what scares me about Mitt is his inability to relate to anyone that isn't white and wealthy. I don't see how he will ever command respect from our foreign allies, let alone our enemies. Obama's pandering may look like weakness to the rank and file, but at least he's on good relations with some of the bigwigs. Plus, I seriously doubt a Republican will cut spending from where we really need to cut spending: defense. I'm not voting for Obama, but I'm sure as hell not voting for Romney.
__________________
"I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth." - Umberto Eco

"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." - Thomas Jefferson
Wildane is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:34 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.