Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Rants and Flames

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2003, 12:21 AM   #26
Vespay

Dying is part of the game ... people need to just accept that fact and move on. You would lose what .. 4% experience, nothing you couldn't gain back in 2 kills.

I will agree that it pisses me off when people run their mobs over your group just to try and save their ass, which causes even more people to die.
Old 04-29-2003, 08:33 AM   #27
Monkpowah

Default Devil's Advocate

I exp in BoT ALOT, mainly because it has great exp and some drops I would like to get but probably never will. I also pull in BoT alot and all that have grouped with me know I dont train. That being said, a good deal of the trains I have witnessed (but not all) are due to the lower camps having a bad pull.

Most of the time they wipe and after the mobs are done killing them, they agro another lower camp. This is usually because there is little room between camps which are set up at the stairs. For the most part either one or two people decide to run and the mobs path back up the stairs and agro any groups that are too close.

In one of the cases the group sucks it up and dies. In the other case someone trains to zone out. In both cases the group that gets "trained" is too close to the stairs or the camp where the wipeout took place when the mobs path back to their spawn points.

Rarely if ever, do I see someone training from any middle or upper camps since its too deep to trainout or there is a pad close by.

My point here is that, being in one of the lower camps, because of the proximity of the groups to eachother and the stairs, it very likely you will be "trained" even if the group stands there and dies or if it trains to zone out.

The best way to avoid this is to
A: Have me pulling
B: If you know you will wipe, go out of your way to die away from any other groups (along with trying to overcome the multiple mobs this can be very hard because you will also be working on positioning and in a frame of mind where you are expecting to die).
C: Instead of calling train, calll for help in /ooc, or tell, say, or just /y. Hopefully there will be a group that can assist with your adds and no one will die and the emarr community will be brought closer together in such an altruistic act
Monkpowah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 09:52 PM   #28
Kinbien

Really wish they had left the quest as it was originally.
Old 04-30-2003, 05:19 AM   #29
Ana Silversong
Brat in Training

Send a message via AIM to Ana Silversong
Dying is part of the game ... people need to just accept that fact and move on. You would lose what .. 4% experience, nothing you couldn't gain back in 2 kills.

You get from 1-2% AA exp per kill, but regular experience is an entirely different ballgame.

When you die, you don't lose AA exp, you lose regular exp, so you may have to stop the AA grind and switch back to regular to make it up.

At level 65, I lose about 6% regular exp on 1 death. If I eat that death due to late hours, or just don't have a cleric handy, then it's going to take me a good hour or so to make that back...and that's if I grind fairly hard.

I'm not advocating trains here, not in the least, they can be avoided....All I'm saying is the math on "nothing you couldn't gain back in 2 kills" is really far off.

Analorne Siilversong
65 Muse of Karana
Ana Silversong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 05:27 AM   #30
Ana Silversong
Brat in Training

Send a message via AIM to Ana Silversong
"If your camping the lower mobs your asking for trouble"
If you bothered to read the *entire* post, you might have noted that I was giving an alternative to sitting on the stairs.

I camp lower a lot...I just don't sit right by the stairs. Why? Because I know that someone, sooner or later, is going to train. It's going to happen. It's been happening all over Norrath since the day I started playing and it's not going to just suddenly stop.

So, I listed some alternate "spots" to camp if you are taking the lower areas.

Being down there is just pretty much a guarantee that sometime within your time there, you're gonna see a train.

Love it when people read a sentence and say it's retarded....I think ignorance is *not* reading the entire post.

Pot, meet Kettle...

Analorne Siilversong
65 Muse of Karana
Ana Silversong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 09:44 AM   #31
Fromanizer

Burro trained me once , and then he did it again.
Fromanizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 07:05 PM   #32
Qool

It was Bubu.

Q
Qool is offline   Reply With Quote