Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Technical Related

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2003, 09:31 AM   #1
Abattoir

Default PS2 controller to USB adapter...

Can anyone recommend a good place to purchase a PS2 controller to USB adapter? Any suggestions on which model to buy and where to buy it?

Thanks.
Abattoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 09:43 AM   #2
Zelgadis

Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
Can't give you any advice, but last night I found out that you can use any ol Gravis Pad and program it through the Final Fantasy 11 Configuration to use in their games. Man... when I clicked "Configure controls" and started to hear my Gravis Elminator Aftershock start rumbling, I thought it was my second computer about set to explode! I never knew my controller had the rumble capability in it.

Now all I have to do is go switch out my EQ settings and make a new group for FF11 in my Gravis Pad control program.

By the way, Gravis pads will cost from $9 to $20, depending on the model. Pretty cheap for good stuff.

Serving one day at a time, for four-to-six years at a time.
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 09:54 AM   #3
Rashim

After a few hours I figured out the settings for the keyboard and I really like it. However, I hardly use the mouse anymore to do anything except open doors.

Gonna try a gamepad and see what that has to offer.

Gamepads are roughly 20 bucks, you might want to just buy one of those instead of getting the adapter but if you can find it more power to ya. I haven't found anyone that sells the USB adapter to a PS2.
Kolimar - 14 Shaman

Eloriana - Level 39/15 Dragoon/Theif - FFXI on the Bahamut Server <Retired>
Rashim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 12:30 PM   #4
Brewtos

www.google.com is your best friend. There are a bunch of PS2 to USB adapters out there ranging from 15-25 bucks. They come in 1, 2, and 4 controller configurations.

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/videogam...y12psxps2.html
Brewtos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 12:43 PM   #5
Cless

Send a message via Yahoo to Cless
I can't stand any game pad other than the Playstation one, therefore I got a PSX to USB adapter from Radio Shack for ten dollars. It works like a dream and has not given me any problems.
Cless is offline   Reply With Quote