Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Technical Related

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2003, 04:30 PM   #1
Slayne

Send a message via AIM to Slayne
Default computer language settings...I think

Alrighty - I've had japanese games installed on my computer, FFXI mainly since I had it imported, no biggie. It's been setup that it could support the japanese unicode junk for months.

Now, somewhere in the last 2 days, I've hit a shortcut key or something that has changed one of my settings. It isn't in japanese, but part of my symbols are being converted to something other then what they should be.

My apostrophy(sp) shows up as a question mark(I'll shows up as I?ll), my forward slash is a funky Y with two little slashes in the lower part of the Y.

The kicker here, is that it isn't constant. I see none of these graphical changes on Emarr or several other sites, however on others, I do. Hell, on some it's mixed throughout where some have the change and other parts of the same page don't.

I've gone into my regional and language settings and deleted/removed all of the japanese settings I had on my computer. The only thing that is currently up is the install asian font, which I installed long ago.

I don't know how to fix it so that all my fonts are the same as they were. On one of my ftp's, the font itself has completely changed styles from what it was. I don't know why it did there either. I thought perhaps the font changed from the view -> font, selection, but that only effects size.

AIM now does the same thing. That actually was my first clue that things went a little nuts, as the names of my buddy list are now in a different font and the font for the IM Name, the name listed in the popup IM window, is now larger then former even though it is still set to 12.

I don't know why it is doing this and I would very much like to fix it.
Old 10-13-2003, 04:56 PM   #2
Slayne

Anyone at all?
Old 10-13-2003, 05:21 PM   #3
Ogmuk
Administrator

Are you using Windows XP? Looks to me like you're using the wrong keyboard layout. But since it isn't constant, maybe not.
Old 10-13-2003, 06:44 PM   #4
Ulujain

Funky Y's with slashes huh?

¥ou're in a ¥en world now.
Old 10-14-2003, 03:58 AM   #5
Slayne

Nothing I type shows up that way, but on some boards, the symbols come out differently then they should.

Like, here, all your words using commas shows up fine. But say, on ezboard, they show up as question marks instead.

O.o
Old 10-14-2003, 05:28 AM   #6
Ulujain

That's 'cos EzBoard sucks Slayne. Sounds like you've hosed a keymap file somewhere. I'm not really positive how they're stored in Windows. Time to hit Microsoft's knowledge base I think.
Old 11-01-2003, 07:36 PM   #7
Slayne

Just an FYI, when this error occurs, one easy fix is to create an NEW user profile.

Sometimes the user profiles get corrupted and that error occurs. No idea why, but creating a new profile fixed it.