Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2008, 08:14 AM   #1
Gurglespit

Send a message via Yahoo to Gurglespit
Default What the hell was she thinking?

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/05/03/....ap/index.html

Originally Posted by CNN.com
FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) -- A Texas woman who caused her lover's shooting death by falsely crying rape was convicted Friday of involuntary manslaughter.

Tracy Denise Roberson, 37, cried a bit when the verdict was announced. The punishment phase was set for Monday, and she faces two to 20 years in prison.

In late 2006, Darrell Roberson came home from a late-night card game to find his scantily clad wife with another man in a pickup truck in the driveway. Tracy Roberson was with her lover but cried rape, and her husband fired four shots into the truck as Devin LaSalle drove off, killing him.

Darrell Roberson initially was arrested, but a murder charge was later dropped and a grand jury indicted Tracy Roberson instead.

During her three-day trial, defense attorneys called no witnesses but blamed LaSalle's death on Darrell Roberson's jealousy and rage.

But prosecutors placed all the blame on Tracy Roberson, showing evidence of the affair with LaSalle, 32, and a text message in which she invited him to her house that evening.
What the hell was her thought process here? She was cheating on her husband.. not really hiding it much (sitting, scantily clad, in his truck in their driveway) and then when her husband comes home (I'm sure she knew he had guns that were easily accessible if he was able to get one and start firing that quickly) she starts screaming "rape!"

How could she not expect him to shoot the guy? It's what any decent guy would do if his wife was being raped and he happened to have a gun on him.

I hope she gets the full 20 years.. she deserves more.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:47 AM   #2
Chiteng
Supporter

Nothing women do surprises me

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Chiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:01 AM   #3
ShardmoonVer.1

In most states, the husband would have been prosecuted for shooting at a person who was fleeing. You can thank Texas shoot any one that pisses you off laws for this outcome as much as the wifes lying ways.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:50 AM   #4
Foust Farseer

I think it's fucking awesome that the guy isn't getting charged. That's justice.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:02 AM   #5
ShardmoonVer.1

How is that justice? He shot a guy who he thought had raped his wife. Not a guy who he thought was raping his wife or who he thought was going to rape his wife, but a guy he thought was running away from raping his wife. Theres no defense element what so ever.

It was revenge and he was wrong. The wife shares equally in the blame IMO, but the guy who pulled the trigger is just as guilty.
Old 05-03-2008, 01:37 PM   #6
AjTaliesen

My sympathy cup runeth over for a man who nailed another mans wife in his driveway, got busted, tried to run, got shot.

I hope she gets 20 years too.
AjTaliesen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 01:49 PM   #7
ShardmoonVer.1

You make a pretty big assumption there Aj. You assume the guy who got shot knew the womans situation. People, especially this woman it seems, lie. For all we know, she could have lied to him as well and this guy found out the hard way.

Thanks to the state of Texas and its very liberal stance on killing other human beings, we will never know. The same thing might have happened in a state with stricter self defense laws, but the shooter might have thought twice before flinging bullets at a fleeing man.
Old 05-03-2008, 02:30 PM   #8
Alinusara

Texas is getting weird lately.
Alinusara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 03:00 PM   #9
Ice Weasel X
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to Ice Weasel X
Originally Posted by Alinusara View Post
Texas has always been fucked up.
Fixed.
Old 05-03-2008, 03:39 PM   #10
Brigiid

Send a message via AIM to Brigiid
I'm with Shard on this one. This is the number one reason I don't support laws that consider shooting someone who's fleeing as 'self defense'. This guy wasn't committing a crime, and he died for it anyway.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:14 PM   #11
Alinusara

I have to agree. Fuckin Texas and it's very liberal gun laws killed this innocent sun of a bitch.
Alinusara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:38 PM   #12
Ini
Indestructible

Send a message via Yahoo to Ini
If he was fleeing I will have to say that the husband should have been charged with at least 2nd degree murder.

That reminds me of someone eating a shit sandwich who is happy that it has 20% less shit.
Ini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 03:44 AM   #13
Axgar

Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
Originally Posted by ShardmoonVer.1 View Post
How is that justice? He shot a guy who he thought had raped his wife. Not a guy who he thought was raping his wife or who he thought was going to rape his wife, but a guy he thought was running away from raping his wife. Theres no defense element what so ever.

It was revenge and he was wrong. The wife shares equally in the blame IMO, but the guy who pulled the trigger is just as guilty.
You must hate your wife if you won't kill for her, fuck anyone who rapes a mans wife, if the man kills him to fucking bad a dead rapists is perfect.

Fuck another mans wife....... well, you are asking to get shot, this time it happened.
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 06:02 AM   #14
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Originally Posted by Axgar View Post
You must hate your wife if you won't kill for her, fuck anyone who rapes a mans wife, if the man kills him to fucking bad a dead rapists is perfect.

Fuck another mans wife....... well, you are asking to get shot, this time it happened.
I'm pretty sure that adultery isn't a capital offense. Do you deserve to get punched in the mouth for knowingly sleeping with a married woman? Probably. But shot? Killed? Really? You really are Old Testament I guess....

Don't get me wrong- I understand the guy's emotions- if I thought someone had just raped my wife and I had a gun, I'd probably have shot him too. But what he did was vengeance, not defense.
Old 05-04-2008, 06:10 AM   #15
ShardmoonVer.1

Reading apparently isnt as fundamental as I thought it was. At least comprehending.

The guy didnt kill because his wife got raped. He killed because his wife was a dirty whore who liked fucking other dudes. Now think real hard about that Axgar, until the squirrel in your head builds up a lot of steam. Would you kill a guy who fucked your wife and expect the law to pat you on the back for it?
Old 05-04-2008, 06:19 AM   #16
Everclear

You are missing the point of the law. As far as the guy knew his wife was getting raped. That is a crime. It wasn't true, as we now know, but at the time the guy did not know that. His cations were based on his knowledge of a rape to have occurred.

IT was the wife that supplied that false knowledge. When considering the guy's position, you have to assume that a rape had occurred, as taht is what he was working with. Is it ok to shoot a guy fleeing after raping your wife? Maybe not really, but here's the deal:

1. A murder occurred
2. Only 1 person is truly guilty of that murder, the other person was an unwilling accomplice that acted under emotional duress.

The woman should definitely get everything the law can proscribe.

The guy is innocent, imo... and apparently there wasn't an indictment of him.
Old 05-04-2008, 06:23 AM   #17
ShardmoonVer.1

Not unless the guy fucking his wife had a 100 yard cock and was fucking her with it as he drove down the road.

The gouy thought his wife had BEEN raped.. not being raped. If you cant see the difference then you should move to Texas.
Old 05-04-2008, 06:31 AM   #18
Everclear

What part of unwilling and emotional duress is so hard to understand?

The woman's actions which were a crime (falsly accusing someone of rape) were the direct cause in a subsequent crime, a guy getting shot. Therefor SHE is the proximate cause of the second crime, not the guy.

She IS getting prosecuted for the shooting, so clearly it was not legal. The fact that the guy is not getting prosecuted isn't because the shooting was legal, it is because he was an unwilling accomplice (I suppose).

He could probably have done many other illegal acts in his rage that she would have been responsible for if it was shown they were the direct result of her lie.

You don't go around prosecuting unwilling accomplices. That isn't justice. Texas rocks, and wherever you are I hope they don't condone blackmail or forcing people to do stuff at gunpoint to avoid blame... or otherwise disregarding proximate cause.
Old 05-04-2008, 06:36 AM   #19
ShardmoonVer.1

So basically what you are saying is that in Texas, you guys wrote it into law that if you get tricked in to it, its ok?

Is that known as the Bugs Bunny clause?
Old 05-04-2008, 07:03 AM   #20
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by Alinusara View Post
I have to agree. Fuckin Texas and it's very liberal gun laws killed this innocent sun of a bitch.
Nope. He committed suicide. Innocent? You fuck another man's wife, you aren't innocent. There probably wasn't an innocent party in this whole tawdry little tale.
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 07:10 AM   #21
ShardmoonVer.1

When i was in my 20s, I dated a married woman for about 6 months. I didnt know she was a married woman until about.. 6 months into the relationship. She was an excellent liar and an excellent fuck.

An asshole room mate story and a stiff dick would get me killed in Texas, eh?
Old 05-04-2008, 09:01 AM   #22
Brigiid

The husband didn't break any laws. Texas law allows you to use deadly force against someone fleeing the scene of the crime. He acted on the information that she gave him, and he acted in accordance with law.

So, under Texas law, he's safe.

The point being made is that the law shouldn't be that liberal - that once the immediate threat of danger is over, there's no 'just cause' for using deadly force. That is the opinion being expressed by myself and Shardmoon.

Not that he broke the law, but that the law is unjust.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:08 PM   #23
Everclear

I think it's fine. Otherwise how you going to justify shooting wranglers as they get away? Screw that.

Seriosly, this is one isolated case.... it's hardly grounds to change the law, imo. I have no problem with shooting someone "escaping".... you are allowed to defend your property. Is it worth it? Maybe not to you. So you can choose not to shoot someone getting away with your crap. Fortunately the law gives us room to decide for ourselves. I think taking away that decision would be unjust. I would consider an undue erosion of property and self defense rights. Under current law, we can both decide how the law should be interpreted. There is no justification for taking away my option, imo.

Personally I wouldn't fault a guy for shooting someone that raped his wife, running away or not.

Of course, when it was found out to be a lie, I would have no problem with prosecuting the wife with some kind of murder charge.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:23 PM   #24
Brigiid

Originally Posted by Everclear
you are allowed to defend your property
'Defending your property' sounds great, until you consider that the application isn't always going to be fair. A guy lost his life for having consensual sex with (presumably) his girlfriend. All the justifications in the world won't take that back.

Even if he had known he was having an affair with a married woman, that doesn't make it OK.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:48 PM   #25
FafnerMorell
Warrior 4 the working-day

Having read about the number of a fair number of court cases in Texas, a general rule of thumb that Texas juries/judges follow is "If you're having an affair, and something bad happens to you, you had it coming.".

It may not be fair, but that's the way it is.
-- William Shakespeare, Henvy V, Act 4, Scene 3
FafnerMorell is offline   Reply With Quote