Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent


Reply
 
Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2007, 07:50 PM   #51
Axgar
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,028
Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
AHHHHH so we cant teach abstinence but we can teach them how to have sex....... LOLOLOLOLOL yep thats one of the reason our country is going to shit.
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 07:53 PM   #52
ShardmoonVer.1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Jacksonville
Posts: 7,457
Lay out your lesson plan for a class on Abstinance, Mr Wizard.

Day 1. Dont fuck
Day 2. See Day Ones lesson plan.
etc...
__________________
If you don't have something good to say about some one, say it loud.
ShardmoonVer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 07:59 PM   #53
InTenSity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 767
Originally Posted by Axgar View Post
Parents should teach them and schools and Drs should keep their fucking noses out of it, as a matter of fact it should be against the law to distribute condoms or pills or anything to minors without the concent of the PARENTS OR GUARDIANS of the said children.
I would hate for a Drs to ever give a medical opinion!
InTenSity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 08:03 PM   #54
Adelphia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 108
Originally Posted by Axgar View Post
AHHHHH so we cant teach abstinence but we can teach them how to have sex....... LOLOLOLOLOL yep thats one of the reason our country is going to shit.
I forget the Monty Python movie, but it has the teacher showing the kids how to have sex.

On a serious note I don't think anyone wants to have teachers teaching kids "how to have sex". The idea is to teach about STDs and how to prevent them, how to prevent pregnancies, and what to do if a pregnancy occurs.
Adelphia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 08:59 PM   #55
Brigiid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 7,879
Send a message via AIM to Brigiid
Originally Posted by Axgar
Do you think kids are experimenting in sex because of lust/desire or do you think they are actually "making love", I mean hell I like a good ol rough round of sex as much as the next person but do you really think our 12 year olds should be doing it?
Of course not. Take a second and look around. Do you see anyone saying it's a good idea for 12 year olds to have sex?

Originally Posted by Axgar
don't you think that maybe we should tell them the billion reasons why not to instead of the ONLY reason they have at their age to do it?
Absolutely! We're talking about what to do in case they DON'T pay attention to all the things we've told them.

Originally Posted by Axgar
I dunno maybe Im misunderstanding what you actually believe in this case, I just see raising kids as a black and white situation, where things are either right or wrong
It'd be neat if everything in life came with a clear right and a clear wrong, or a clear black and a clear white. In this case, you've got people talking about a backup plan in case Plan A doesn't work, but because it involves the words '12 year old' and 'sex', you seem determined that it's automatically wrong.

Originally Posted by Axgar
of course some of you fault a guy for actually giving a shit
I don't fault you for giving a shit. I do fault you for not taking a second to listen to what's actually being said, and running straight into insults and "you don't care about children!" rants.
__________________
Meh.
Brigiid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 09:19 PM   #56
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,895
If you'd slow down and read what I've already posted, Axgar, you'd have your answer- I've said that I think it's a bad thing that kids this young are having sex. But without a realistic way to prevent it from happening, we should be responsible and provide options to prevent a bad thing from getting worse through unwanted pregnancies or STDs.

With the possible exception of Davek, I don't think anyone on this board thinks it's a good thing that 11 and 12 year olds are bumping uglies.
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 09:26 PM   #57
Ice Weasel X
Banned User
 
Ice Weasel X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,799
Send a message via AIM to Ice Weasel X
Something a lot of people forget is also how kids think. When I was in school, I knew a lot of kids who actually did a pretty decent job of listening to their parents and teachers. That didn't stop them from brainstorming all sorts of different ways to get some ass at the first possible chance. Hell, I used to hear kids in 7th grade talking about how they wished there were some hookers available so they could finally get laid.

Come to think of it, that's how a lot of adults think, too. But that doesn't change my point. Kids are still going to want to fuck. Telling them it's wrong isn't going to stop very many of them. At least give them a fighting chance to prevent their early mistakes from causing longterm grief.
__________________
SMS Text Responder - Convenience and Safety for any Android phone, ad-free.
If you have any questions that aren't answered by the app description, feel free to ask. I have no financial stake in it, but I am the primary tester.
Ice Weasel X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 09:30 PM   #58
Ice Weasel X
Banned User
 
Ice Weasel X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,799
Send a message via AIM to Ice Weasel X
Now this is ridiculous. I posted that, went to drink something, and sat back down. The first thing I noticed on screen was the "Banned User" under my name. I was about to fire off a message to Ini asking wtf I did.

I haven't been sleeping much lately
__________________
SMS Text Responder - Convenience and Safety for any Android phone, ad-free.
If you have any questions that aren't answered by the app description, feel free to ask. I have no financial stake in it, but I am the primary tester.
Ice Weasel X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 01:31 PM   #59
Axgar
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,028
Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
I don't know, I guess with since God is all but left out of this country anymore we may as well have one big orgy and forget it,hell we can all use condoms and fuck in the name of safe sex.... because its cool.

It is funny though, you all are pissed because they want to make you quit smoking in your cars (in CA) because you say the government should be telling you how to raise your kids, BUT when it comes to them fucking, you're all for the government giving them condoms..... yea the world has changed, and it keeps getting worse and noone seems to see it.
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 01:58 PM   #60
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?
 
Hormadrune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 11,895
If by God you mean the misguided ravings of primarily white protestant Christians, then I'd say God's all too present in today's government. If by God you mean the almighty, I'd say he's somewhere between supportive and not interested in whether or not a middle school health clinic in Maine provides birth control to sexually active kids. But that's just my opinion.
__________________
WoW-Ghostlands-US: Prae | sp | Prolonix | Horm | Ulfhednar | l
EQ: Hormadrune <Retired> <OFS> <CoI> <Affy> <CE>
Hormadrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 03:38 PM   #61
Adelphia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 108
Originally Posted by Axgar View Post
I don't know, I guess with since God is all but left out of this country anymore...
Do you mean left out of the schools? As far as govenment goes I prefer to "render unto Ceasar what is Ceasar's and unto God what is God's". Meaning I like religion and government to be as far away from each other as humanly possible!

Originally Posted by Axgar View Post
It is funny though, you all are pissed because they want to make you quit smoking in your cars (in CA) because you say the government should be telling you how to raise your kids, BUT when it comes to them fucking, you're all for the government giving them condoms..... yea the world has changed, and it keeps getting worse and noone seems to see it.
I for one am not happy about a school handing out birth control to 12 year old kids without parental permission. That seems clearly wrong to me! On the other side of the coin I think if a kid has their parent's permission they should be able to obtain birth control devices but why does it have to be done at school? Why should tax payers have to foot the bill for little Sally's birth control pill? Shouldn't the parents just take them to their own doctor or a free clinic if they can't afford health care especially if parental consent has been given? I just don't like the state saying they can slip birth control to kids without a parent's permission. Where are parental rights in this case?

Another thing that is driving me a little nuts about this whole thing is kids do drugs at a very young age. Should schools start handing out clean syringes and spoons, and provide a safe area for 12 year olds to shoot up? The whole premise for handing out birth control in this case is that kids will have sex. They will take drugs and drink alcohol too!

I think it is right to teach kids about STDs, prevention of STDs, pregnancy, and human biology. It goes too far when government can undermine parental rights and hand out birth control to their kids without their permission.
Adelphia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 03:53 PM   #62
Brigiid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 7,879
Send a message via AIM to Brigiid
Originally Posted by Axgar
I don't know, I guess with since God is all but left out of this country anymore we may as well have one big orgy and forget it,hell we can all use condoms and fuck in the name of safe sex.... because its cool.
Let he who is not a habitual liar counsel people on morality.
__________________
Meh.
Brigiid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 05:28 PM   #63
Ice Weasel X
Banned User
 
Ice Weasel X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,799
Send a message via AIM to Ice Weasel X
I don't think bringing God into it just to debate what's right for children is a very strong argument, even if the people you're targeting are all Christian. Think about the normal age of motherhood in Biblical times. A stronger Christian debate would be that of premarital sex, although the argument can be made that none of us who consider ourselves Christian think all that logically in the first place.
__________________
SMS Text Responder - Convenience and Safety for any Android phone, ad-free.
If you have any questions that aren't answered by the app description, feel free to ask. I have no financial stake in it, but I am the primary tester.
Ice Weasel X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 05:43 PM   #64
bumbleroot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 7,756
The point is that it is not the schools responsibility to raise the kids. If in fact, the kids are raised poorly and are a danger to themselves, they need to be reported to social services. I realize that the school is trying to provide preventative care for the kids but this is not a school issue, its a parent issue. The schools are only responsible to provide an education not to solve social problems. They are wrong to assume that any actions a kid takes is in their jurisdiction.
Secondly, these school board members probably will get voted out next election time.
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 05:50 PM   #65
ShardmoonVer.1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Jacksonville
Posts: 7,457
Actually.. this is a huge non story. The kids can only get the birth control if their parents agree to sign them up for the schools health service. Its basicly a hand out for the people who dont care that their kids are sluts.
__________________
If you don't have something good to say about some one, say it loud.
ShardmoonVer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 05:58 PM   #66
Adelphia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 108
That's interesting since I heard on the news that parental consent was not necessary. It would be good if it were and I hope it is needed.
Adelphia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 06:05 PM   #67
ShardmoonVer.1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Jacksonville
Posts: 7,457
The news is distorting this story. The act of giving out the birth control is indeed confidential, but the parents have to sign the kids up for the health service for them to even be eligible.
__________________
If you don't have something good to say about some one, say it loud.
ShardmoonVer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 06:06 PM   #68
bumbleroot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 7,756
Adelphia, what they said is that the parents need to sign their kids up for the health care program. If the kids get pills the parents don't need to be notified.
bumbleroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 06:32 PM   #69
Adelphia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 108
Originally Posted by ShardmoonVer.1 View Post
The news is distorting this story.
Sounds about right!
Adelphia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 07:20 PM   #70
Zelgadis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 2,693
Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
I once knew a drug addicted mother of three who had no job and still lived with her parents at the age of 27ish, who said "Bye mom, I'm going out with my friends, take care of my kids and my brother's kids while I'm gone!" She would actively allow her 1 year, 2 year, and 7 year old daughters to sit down and watch Freddy and Jason horror movies without censorship and allowed them to watch in full detail all the sexual activities involved in each movie.

The 2 year old girl and the 3 year old boy of the brother were later found humping each other, reinacting some of the scenes in the movies.

I asked why the mother allowed her kids to watch these things so freely, and the 7 year old daughter said "They're not scary, I can tell you everything that happens in every movie!" The mother of the daughters responded "I'm going out to buy some more drugs."

...

Thought I'd throw that out there. True story. =o
__________________
Chamzel's Site
PSN Name - Cham-Zel

Serving one day at a time, for four-to-six years at a time.
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 07:24 PM   #71
ShardmoonVer.1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Jacksonville
Posts: 7,457
Did you tap that ass?
__________________
If you don't have something good to say about some one, say it loud.
ShardmoonVer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 07:36 PM   #72
Zelgadis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 2,693
Send a message via ICQ to Zelgadis Send a message via AIM to Zelgadis Send a message via MSN to Zelgadis Send a message via Yahoo to Zelgadis
You know, I wasn't around to see it, but with the rising levels of pedophilic activities I bet I could raise quite a bit of money if I was able to record the activity.
__________________
Chamzel's Site
PSN Name - Cham-Zel

Serving one day at a time, for four-to-six years at a time.
Zelgadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 09:35 PM   #73
Axgar
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,028
Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
Originally Posted by Brigiid View Post
Let he who is not a habitual liar counsel people on morality.
Yea you've been doing a good job of that keep it up.
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 09:36 PM   #74
Brigiid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 7,879
Send a message via AIM to Brigiid
Except for that whole lying part...
__________________
Meh.
Brigiid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 09:43 PM   #75
Axgar
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,028
Send a message via Yahoo to Axgar
Horm and Adelph

What I meant is that at this point and time there are a bunch of people who will call themselves christian in one sentence then say God has no business in (insert any situation), people are selfish, they only care what something will do for them, I have beliefs sure, but most of them are what I think is for the better of all of us, this is ONE of the reasons I vote, I like to have a say in what happens, I also follow the rules of our country ( I never used to at all and I used to hate cops) whether I agree with them or not, I don't like jail anymore I'd rather everyone got along but here we get back to selfishness, if I had a nice (again insert any thing of value) I could not put it out in my yard (well I might beable to where I live but .. not guaranteed) and expect it to be there when I wanted to use it, this is because peole are selfish, they want want want and arent willing to work, I blame this PARTIALLY on the fact our country had gotten away from God in the last 15 to 20 years.

(this is an opinion I have its not neccessarily right).

AND NO IM NOT PERFECT, but I don't steal from anyone I do obvioulsy swear, I don't kill or rape anyone or molest any kids so overall Im trustworthy.
Axgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:28 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.