Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > NON EQ Stuff (Real life, other games, etc.) > Steam Vent

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2006, 09:03 PM   #301
Chiteng
Supporter

Originally Posted by Beal
Well sure, the you-hate-George-Bush subject that is present in anything you type. But of course, we had specifically been discussing the effects of making the tax structure less progressive. In reality, you just tried to shift the argument away from one point you were losing to a completely new point.

I think Paffy covered this pretty well. Economics is more like Chemistry than Physics, in my opinion. There are lots of laws with "except if's" attached to them.

It is a law of economics that increasing the supply of something will decrease the average selling price of that widget...except, for example, if the government enforces price supports.

Economics has lots of laws which are quite firm...but they require an implied understanding that lots of unstated conditions apply. This is actually true in many of the natural sciences. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, their study can always be attacked for containing imperfect interpretations of reality. That doesn't mean that we cannot attempt to understand them.

All you are really claiming is that there is no way to ever decide whether one tax structure or another is better for unemployment, economic growth, low inflation, low interest rates, high home ownership, etc.. and that we must all rely on how we "feel" rather than what an objective study of the facts can reveal.

I find that logic to be flawed, but also in perfect coordination with your worldview. Nothing matters to you except what you feel is true, facts be damned.
Actually no. I am saying that outcome is never pre-determined.

All you have is past experience and statistics. Which IF the economy
were a static system, might actually work. But it ISNT a static system.
It is dynamic in just about every way that can be imagined.

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Chiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 03:31 PM   #302
Drysdale
RSS Feed

302 posts full of NOTHING!!!!

Good Troll Chit.
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

"Thou shalt not steal. Except by majority vote." - Gary North
Drysdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 04:51 PM   #303
Chiteng
Supporter

Originally Posted by Drysdale
302 posts full of NOTHING!!!!

Good Troll Chit.
No one forces your participation =)
I encourage you to utilize ignore. Obviously you will be happier.

Voltaire

'For those with faith, no proof is needed. For those without faith, no proof is enough'

French Priest
Old 01-25-2006, 05:01 PM   #304
Brigiid

Send a message via AIM to Brigiid
He's no troll! He has a purpose here! Fucked if I know what it is, but I'm sure he thinks he's got one!
Brigiid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 05:03 PM   #305
Chiteng
Supporter

Originally Posted by Brigiid
He's no troll! He has a purpose here! Fucked if I know what it is, but I'm sure he thinks he's got one!
Indeed =)

Voltaire

French Priest
Old 01-25-2006, 07:37 PM   #306
zzapp the witch

Chit, I just figured that this was the most appropriate place to let you know that....you're going to be a father.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:27 PM   #307
mepper

well i figure since this is a dead thread anyone i would try this one..

a school bus, a van, and a semi cross the road..oh.. wait..they don't
mepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 10:00 PM   #308
Chiteng
Supporter

Originally Posted by zzapp the witch
Chit, I just figured that this was the most appropriate place to let you know that....you're going to be a father.

Far OUt =)
What sex?

Voltaire

French Priest
Old 01-25-2006, 11:46 PM   #309
zzapp the witch

Mexican.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:55 AM   #310
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by Chiteng
No one forces your participation =)
I encourage you to utilize ignore. Obviously you will be happier.
Obviously you shouldn't try to discern what makes me happy, as you are blurting bullshit without knowing any facts....

Typical Chiteng.
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 01-26-2006, 08:11 AM   #311
zzapp the witch

Chit, haven't you realized, Drys isn't happy unless he's unhappy......with you.
Old 01-26-2006, 08:19 AM   #312
Chiteng
Supporter

Oh see that, he is Dwarkarn w/o the humor.

Raedwulf w/o the savvy.

Just another obnoxious poster

Voltaire

French Priest
Old 01-26-2006, 08:56 AM   #313
Everclear

Originally Posted by Brig
Well, I am sure he wants to post what is on his mind or his opinions, jsut like most people here. Maybe cause a little conversation or bring something to people's attention. Agree with him or disagree, he still does those things.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:20 AM   #314
Brigiid

Send a message via AIM to Brigiid
Aww, look, a groupie! How cute!
Brigiid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 09:33 AM   #315
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by zzapp the witch
Chit, haven't you realized, Drys isn't happy unless he's unhappy......with you.
Yeah... right... My moods aren't based on the actions of trolls.
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 01-26-2006, 09:34 AM   #316
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Oh see that, he is Dwarkarn w/o the humor.

Raedwulf w/o the savvy.

Just another obnoxious poster
Pot, meet kettle.

As far as I'm concerned, you're just Arka without the sexy accent.
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 01-26-2006, 09:34 AM   #317
Chiteng
Supporter

Yeah... right... My moods aren't based on the actions of trolls.
Yes I am sure your correct. Odd that you still dont use ignore

Voltaire

French Priest
Old 01-26-2006, 11:04 AM   #318
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Yes I am sure your correct. Odd that you still dont use ignore
Why should I ignore you? It's more fun to point out what a fucktard you are. If your pussy is beginning to hurt, feel free to use your own suggestion. Otherwise, feel free to take a trip to one of the President Bush Libraries... I'd suggest the one at College Station, it's ready to go. Maybe you'll actually see what a REAL president was like, and learn what ANYTHING means.
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 01-26-2006, 01:08 PM   #319
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Thinking you can outlast or convince Chiteng on an issue is beyond folly. We've found your heroic flaw perhaps Drysdale. Chiteng's perhaps the only person on the board I simply don't see the point in arguing directly with. You can be correct, but you can't possibly win.
Old 01-26-2006, 02:28 PM   #320
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by Hormadrune
Thinking you can outlast or convince Chiteng on an issue is beyond folly. We've found your heroic flaw perhaps Drysdale. Chiteng's perhaps the only person on the board I simply don't see the point in arguing directly with. You can be correct, but you can't possibly win.
Hell, I'm having fun seeing how much a tard the dipshit can make of himself... Ask Beal, my stubbornness in the face of even Arka is legendary. And believe me, this guy's a poor second to Arka when it comes to being a fucktard. He's barely a dryhumptard compared to Arka. And I ragged that Gallic galoot for over a year.
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 01-26-2006, 03:55 PM   #321
Hormadrune
Sociopathic bully?

Hell, I'm having fun seeing how much a tard the dipshit can make of himself... Ask Beal, my stubbornness in the face of even Arka is legendary. And believe me, this guy's a poor second to Arka when it comes to being a fucktard. He's barely a dryhumptard compared to Arka. And I ragged that Gallic galoot for over a year.
I just hope you have a lot of time on your hands. Arka seems to have enough of a temper to burn himself out periodically. I've always had the feeling Chiteng always posts with a self-satisfied smirk.

All I can say is if such a marathon were to begin please do your best to make it entertaining.
Old 01-26-2006, 08:34 PM   #322
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Originally Posted by Hormadrune
I just hope you have a lot of time on your hands. Arka seems to have enough of a temper to burn himself out periodically. I've always had the feeling Chiteng always posts with a self-satisfied smirk.

All I can say is if such a marathon were to begin please do your best to make it entertaining.
I'll try, but there's not much there to work with.
-Robert A. Heinlein

Old 01-26-2006, 11:36 PM   #323
Chiteng
Supporter

Ahh ....

Yet another poster thinks that they will 'teach me the error of my ways'.

Well EM old timers....think we can get any odds on this one?

What is so amusing, is that 'I' dont require Drysdale do anything at all =)

Yet somehow, live and let live is simply anathema to these people.

Voltaire

French Priest
Old 01-27-2006, 04:30 AM   #324
Veo

Admit it, Chiteng. Drysdale is your fluffer.
Veo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 07:28 AM   #325
Drysdale
RSS Feed

Ahh ....

Yet another poster thinks that they will 'teach me the error of my ways'.
Nahhh... you're too much of a tard. Plus, I really don't care enough about you to bother.

Well EM old timers....think we can get any odds on this one?

What is so amusing, is that 'I' dont require Drysdale do anything at all =)

Yet somehow, live and let live is simply anathema to these people.
And I don't "require" you to hop around like a retarded monkey on crack. You just seem to do so for my amusement. Dance monkey dance!
-Robert A. Heinlein