Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Rants and Flames

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2002, 11:31 PM   #1
Chiteng

Default Feldyyn

Feldyyn,

I know what a lie is and what a lies isnt. You dont go around telling people
that you just lied. That isnt a lie, its hyperbole. You ignore a few things,
and only direct your argument to fullfill your agenda. By doing that, you are relegated to the same moral backwater as Raedwulf, and indeed Kerryn.
First, you call it 'misquote' I called it 'out of context' sounds like we are arguing semantics. If I was imprecise, then I was. That facts are that I made it clear
that the quote was suspect. By refusing to recognize that fact, you misrepresent
the actual intent, which I claim was easily obvious. I was doing the same thing
to Kerryn that he had done to me in the previous argument. I didnt see you shouting him down for it. Because you DIDNT shout him down for it, you have revealed yourself as no more than partisan.

For you to convince me or anyone else of intellectual integrity that what I did was a delibrete attempt to decieve, you would have to show me that I presented the quote in such a way as it would be taken seriously by the reader(s). What possible point would there be in doing that, and then warning the reader(s) that the quote was suspect? Only the weakest of theoretical minds would seriously consider that
as plausible.

Therefore, you have but two choices:

You can acknowledge the hyperbole and apologize,
or you can expect no further consideration from me on any level.
If I reply to you at all, it will be the same as any reply to Raedwulf or Kerryn.
There will be no negotiation on this issue.

Yes I am sure that any number of people will of course fill this post with useless trash, and I will say right now that none of you should expect any further
particpation from me in it.
Old 08-04-2002, 11:37 PM   #2
Ray the Shammy

Default Feldyyn

or you can expect no further consideration from me on any level. If I reply to you at all, it will be the same as any reply to Raedwulf or Kerryn.
So what youre saying is you are going to continue sitting there hitting the refresh button until any of the aformentioned people reply? And then you will deny making the post because it couldnt possibly have been you, scholar chiteng, that compiled the heaping pile of bullsh|t which we all see before us. Correct me if im wrong.
Old 08-05-2002, 12:40 AM   #3
Nogem

You can acknowledge the hyperbole and apologize,
or you can expect no further consideration from me on any level.
No brainer.

Crypte/Nogem:x
http://squee.netdrain.com/images/jthm/jthm2/jthm87.jpg
Old 08-05-2002, 01:23 AM   #4
Chukzombi

Chiteng this is played the hell out. you arent going to admit you lied. nobody is going to say you told the truth, so lets just say agree everyone has their own opinion and if they call you a liar so be it.
I think you did lie on several occasions and you are an extreme hypocrite., but hey thats my opinion. You cant change it and everytime you try you just solidify it.

Your opinion means nothing to me . It holds absolutely no credibilty.

You can only milk this topic for so long. its been boring for a week. pick a new one or take a small break and come back when there is new blood. Maybe invent another villain from the past. heres one, people who cyber for a group. /t Hottie
Old 08-05-2002, 02:45 AM   #5
Kerryn Darkwater

Default Feldynn not Feldyyn - You prick.

So yet another person who disagrees with you has joined the mass of people that you find dishonest and guilty of having ulterior motives. I agree with Chuk. You have no credibility whatsoever Chiteng. You are officially a laughing stock.

I think you should be banned to be honest. When all is said and done your just a troll like any other. When we had all the people posting here solely to agravate people they got banned. You do the same so I'll ask Nuldar and see what he thinks.
Old 08-05-2002, 02:59 AM   #6
Kwendulf Frostgrimm

Dear Chiteng,

Thank you!

After reading this post, i am convinced that you are the most intelligent person this planet has ever seen. Thank you for opening my eyes, the world looks different to me now!

I am puzzled over the fact that you aren't a political or religious leader (yet?).

Now please, move on and leave us minor beings alone. Yes, we are far lower beings then you are. We are no match. Please have mercy and go find someone of your level to argue with.
(no offense people, just a try to get rid of this guy/girl/thing)

Best regards,

Kwen

PS: My ingame name in Mantiis, just in case you start biatching about someone posting anonymously...

Oh, and by the way, it's spellen Feldynn, not Feldyyn. My english might suki suki big time, but at least i do my best to get the names right when i biatch at someone...

And one last thing... No, i didnt directly replied to whatever you posted above. I didn't even take the time to read and understand it. I gave up reading your crap, it's a waste of time.

Feel free to quote me and flame me, but dont expect me to read it, and dont even think i'm going to reply. Your discussions are - B O R I N G -

Old 08-05-2002, 03:29 AM   #7
Zel Greyweather

Good Gawd, haven't the moderators of the Emarr boards found Chiteng's posts and one new thread per three days considered spam yet? I mean, there's pretty much 7 or so threads all based around Chiteng here, and I'm sure he's feeling the love and attention of being king kong.

Old 08-05-2002, 04:20 AM   #8
Carathos Ollathir

Chiteng you are a dishonest creep. You know it, I know it, everybody knows it. The more you try to defend your actions, the more you look like an idiot. So, in other words, carry on.
Old 08-05-2002, 04:32 AM   #9
Kerryn Darkwater

Default Here ya go Chit.

I've created a new place for you to spout your rubbish elsewhere.

pub98.ezboard.com/bchiteng

Enjoy
Old 08-05-2002, 04:57 AM   #10
Hoppkins

Default Re: Here ya go Chit.

Ryn mate...you indeed rock.
Old 08-05-2002, 05:09 AM   #11
Chiatae

Default Re: Here ya go Chit.

Chiteng wrote:
I am an delusional player on Erollis Marr and can log in at any time to prove that I obviously dont know anything.
I cut and pasted that so it MUST be true right? Out of context you say? Words are jumbled up? Who cares, I cut and pasted it !!!

/sarcasm off

Chiteng, stop the insanity man.

Old 08-05-2002, 06:31 AM   #12
Feldynn

Default Chiteng...

Until you learn to spell my name correctly Chiteng this will be my last response in this thread.

"No man has the right to hinder the dissemination of your opinions."

Are you not trying to hinder the dissemination of my opinions now by proclaiming that you will no longer consider my them on any level?

"You ignore a few things, and only direct your argument to fullfill your agenda."
Which is what you do oh a routine basis, no?

"I was doing the same thing to Kerryn that he had done to me in the previous argument. I didnt see you shouting him down for it. Because you DIDNT shout him down for it, you have revealed yourself as no more than partisan."

What previous arguement? Chances are I didn't actually read the thread and thus have no idea what you're referring to, post a link to it and I'll gladly evaluate it when I have time however DON'T assume that I chose NOT to shout him down because you don't know if I actually saw it or not and in this case I don't believe I did.

"For you to convince me or anyone else of intellectual integrity that what I did was a delibrete attempt to decieve, you would have to show me that I presented the quote in such a way as it would be taken seriously by the reader(s)."

How can I convince you when you refuse to acknowledge the facts I presented to you hmmm? You presented the quote in such a way as it would be taken seriously by the reader (in this case ME) because I asked you a question and your answer was (in YOUR own words) an "exact quote". I certainly took that seriously since you were attempting to answer the question I asked you.

I asked you
Please point us to where Kerryn said he would stay out of your threads.
and your answer to my question was
I'll stay out of it

Feldynn,

The above is an exact quote from a Kerryn post.

It is not quoted in context, it IS cut and pasted. Normally it would pain my
conscience to do such a thing put given his penchant for doing far worse,
it eases the pain.
You say clearly that it was an EXACT QUOTE but NOT QUOTED IN CONTEXT, that's fine you didn't quote the complete sentence/paragraph where he works up to his final statement I don't have a problem with out of context quotes. But you said it was an "exact quote" (in answer to my question) where Kerryn said he'd stay out of your threads, it wasn't an exact quote what you did was partially quote what he said so it fitted with your agruement. The EXACT QUOTE out of context would read "I'll stay out of it until a time that I see fit".

"Therefore, you have but two choices:

Actually Chiteng there's a third choice... we both acknowledge error in this instance, yours being that your choice of words / quote / etc in answer to my question was wrong and mine being that misunderstood your post.

Don't expect me to apologise for my opinions and beliefs, that I cannot do.

Oh and since this thread is about me, I would like to request an apology from you Chiteng for doubting me as an individual on this board. You posed the question that I was Dwarkarn a few threads back (I will quote you if you wish) .. however I am not and have never been Dwarkarn (or related to him in any way) as I'm sure he and any of my friends will atest to.
Old 08-05-2002, 07:42 AM   #13
Tevaran

Default Re: Chiteng...

I can assure you that Feld is NOT Dwarken...

btw - Hey Feld... how is it going?

Tev
Old 08-05-2002, 08:11 AM   #14
Trilok2

I only have one thing
to say because
I cant (won't) read an
entire Chiteng post.
Feld is a hot bard bytch!

Doo will you marry me?

<huggles>

Old 08-05-2002, 09:01 AM   #15
Maniacle Waize

"stop the insanity man.
"
Ahh the memories. FD wont save yo ass from a well placed Rail =)

Old 08-05-2002, 09:42 AM   #16
Raedwulf

That's some funny shyt, Ostrich Boy. Keep it coming. I'm home sick today, so need something to keep me occupied. Daytime TV sucks, and I read too much over the weekend. Thank goodness I finally fixed my home computer's net access.

Oops, time for another bout of the runs. It looks like you've got the same, just on your keyboard.

---------------

Ryn: Priceless man.
Old 08-05-2002, 09:54 AM   #17
Toxx The Wizard

lol

Chiteng, you're a riot.
Old 08-05-2002, 11:10 AM   #18
Grammaw

/cybers Chuk

Um, is this not the right time for that?
Old 08-05-2002, 12:00 PM   #19
Chiteng

Default Re: Feldynn

In the first post of this thread I stated 'If I was imprecise, then I was'
That is a concession that the words I used are not the words you wished to see.
The intent to warn the reader that the quote was not being presented in the
way the original writer would wish WAS THERE.

That is all the concession you will see.

He literally did write 'I will stay out of it'
YOu can argue forever whatever, nothing will change that.

You didnt bother commenting in the previous thread at Dwarkarn's imitation of you. Since you didnt bother commenting, that issuse has no weight in my mind.

You will be waiting a long time before you see me apologize.

Old 08-05-2002, 12:02 PM   #20
Raedwulf

Let the voting begin:

Chiteng has been silent this morning because...

a. he is too busy trying to get ahold of the EZBoard folks to shut down Ryn's "House of Madness" site.

b. he was flummoxed by my reverse psychology asking that he post a lot because I am bored at home from illness.

c. the men in the white coats finally found the laptop computer he'd hidden in the wall of the padded cell.

d. he went off his meds again, and is running around the streets claiming that Kzzern is coming to get him.
Old 08-05-2002, 02:51 PM   #21
Chiteng

Default Re: Raedwulf

Tizzard, Raedwulf, his name was Tizzard.
You could at least get that right.

Old 08-05-2002, 03:41 PM   #22
Ulujain Ebonelphette

Let the voting begin:

Chiteng has been silent this morning because...
e. He's been abusing Google in order to dig up dirt on a player circa 1395

f. The anti-psychotics he's on left his fingers palsied this morning.

g. It's finally dawned upon him that Chukzombi's name is a take on White Zombie/Rob Zombie and it's stunned him into a stupefied daze.

h. He ran out of milk and had to go to the store.
Old 08-05-2002, 03:45 PM   #23
Carathos Ollathir

Do you even know what it means to take something out of context? I'm thinking you don't, because of the following:
He literally did write 'I will stay out of it'
YOu can argue forever whatever, nothing will change that.
And he included IN THE SAME SENTENCE "until a time that I see fit." That changes the meaning completely. You can't quote half a sentence to use for ammo against someone and not be dishonest. You just can't do it. Face it, Chit, you are wrong. It takes a strong person to admit when they're wrong, guess we now know why you never can.
Yes I am sure that any number of people will of course fill this post with useless trash, and I will say right now that none of you should expect any further
particpation from me in it.
Now THAT is an EXACT COPY, NOT taken out of context. Liar
Old 08-05-2002, 06:44 PM   #24
Feldynn

Default Chiteng...

Chiteng writes.. "I was imprecise"

Yes you were.

Chiteng writes.. "The intent to warn the reader that the quote was not being presented in the way the original writer would wish WAS THERE"

You warned the readers that the quote was out of context, you DID NOT warn the readers that the quote was incomplete.

Chiteng writes.. "He literally did write 'I will stay out of it'
YOu can argue forever whatever, nothing will change that."

In your first post of this thread Chiteng you wrote "You ignore a few things, and only direct your argument to fullfill your agenda.". I take your words and I apply them directly to the above quote. You deliberately ignored part of Kerryn's sentence and misquoted him (not out of context since that means something different, but a misquote) as an answer to a question asked of you to fulfill your agenda, because had you quoted the literal meaning to that sentence it would have undermined your whole arguement.

"You didnt bother commenting in the previous thread at Dwarkarn's imitation of you. Since you didnt bother commenting, that issuse has no weight in my mind.

You will be waiting a long time before you see me apologize.

About 3/4th's of the way down THIS HERE PAGE you will see my 209th post on the 2nd August at 7:13:59 am, whereby I stated quite clearly that I wasn't Dwarkarn. You'll notice the time delay between his post, your accusation and my defense, that is purely down to timezone.

So my request for an apology still stands, if it is too difficult for you to apologise for unjustly accusing me of being someone I'm not then an acknowledgement that you were incorrect in your assumption that I am Dwarkarn and that I am infact an individual member of this board in my own right will suffice.

Old 08-05-2002, 07:46 PM   #25
Raedwulf

Come on, Ostrich Boy. Tizzard, Kzzern, Vendrix, "S", Remdar, Dwarkarn, etc. There are so many to choose from.

And Kerryn didn't "literally" say anything. He actually said something. "Literally" indicates you needed to interpret his comments in order to understand it. You weren't interpreting, but misquoting. You can't "literally" quote someone (or misquote them). As I've said before, you need to get a better Martion to English dictionary.