Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Rants and Flames

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2002, 11:46 PM   #51
Sarkam the warrior

So much irony in this thread... /hug affliction
Old 08-06-2002, 12:30 AM   #52
Chukzombi

Actually what was the point of chiteng even posting at all? he was in Avatars of Rage becuase mitch was spam inviting the server. And he got into CE somehow. He didnt even know what leather armor was for in ToV.

Hes not exactly an expert on anything going on here.
Old 08-06-2002, 06:52 AM   #53
Kinbien

I wasn't going to say anything, but Dracon clarified what he meant by applicant and even after the clarification the statement remains untrue. I could name a few people who have been accepted who's emailed apps were received before they ever said anything to anyone in their guild about leaving. It's all water under the bridge at this point anyway, but from my point of view the statement as it stands is a false statement.
True Khael, This has happened on a grand total of once. Only once have we accepted an applicant to be invited on our raids prior to their departure from their current guild. We have had and continue to have friends of the guild join us for non-keyed raids regardless of their current guildstatus.

Our General policy though is not to accept people that are currently guilded.

Old 08-06-2002, 09:44 AM   #54
Antheus Emarr

i think the fact of the matter is that certain guilds are kind of midway guilds. I've been in a lot of them, and it's not always a matter of "i got my @#%$, now it's time to bolt," but often times it is really more of a "how much further can this guild take me?" I mean you could only clear PoF/PoH so many times before it loses its sense of accomplishment, and what's the point of staying in a guild if you dont feel you're accomplishing anything? I mean some people are content to keep doing this and stay guilded because they enjoy it and they enjoy the people, but you're going to find nice people in any guild you go to. Sure there are people that use guilds, but there really arent as many as some of you make out to be, and those that really are assholes rarely make it past trial in the guild they try to join, so you get what you give.
Old 08-06-2002, 10:28 AM   #55
cezero

i think the fact of the matter is that certain guilds are kind of midway guilds.
If a guild's officers admit to having no desire to building the guild into a raiding guild, then I agree with you.

However, many guilds are stuck in this "midway" status due to the very actions you describe.

Those who are in a "midway" guild should look at the direction the guild leaders are attempting to take the guild. If that direction is in sync with where the member wants to be in the future, then said member should have the patience to stick around and help the guild grow.

Many times I have felt my guild on the brink of "breakthrough" to "the next level" only to have key high level members get impatient and leave to join more "uber" guilds.

Granted, these setbacks are never permanent (at least in the case of my guild) We continue to grow, and push towards higher end content. However, they do hurt the guild, and slow us down a bit. I can't help but look back at the various people who left, and wonder where my guild would be today, if they were still members.

We'd definately be raiding higher end zones, and have more Epiced members, thats for sure.

So, again, if you are in a "midway" guild, please, discuss your decision to move on with your guild officers. If they are trying to build a guild that sounds like what you are looking for, give them a chance, stick it out and show some patience and loyalty. However, if they are NOT trying to grow the guild, if they are happy to stagnate, then by all means, move on.

-Bumamgar, 53rd Warrior, Co-Leader, Cries of Insurrection
Old 08-06-2002, 11:44 AM   #56
Mitch The Blonde

''he was in Avatars of Rage becuase mitch was spam inviting the server''

Take your lying made up bullshiit elsewhere you retard, AoR was as careful as any guild on who they invited ( I see some old guildies in your roster) so take the stalking fairytales-must-try-score-a-cheap-pyscho-point pile of shiit you call an opinion and fvck yourself with it.

Scoring points on guilds that acted honourably at ALL times and on people not here to defend themelves is as usual, par for the course for moral degenerates such as yourself.

You are a low thing Chuk, a obsessed, psycho with an inferiority complex so fvckign big i am totally positive you stay awake at night checkign guild websites to compare youre ''uberness''

You make me want to vomit.

Mitch
Old 08-06-2002, 11:50 AM   #57
Chukzombi

Aww come on mitch, tell me how you really feel.

Old 08-06-2002, 12:20 PM   #58
Jaeden Grae

Actually what was the point of chiteng even posting at all? he was in Avatars of Rage becuase mitch was spam inviting the server.
Chuk, you have no idea what you are even talking about with that statement. Have fun bashing whoever and whatever you want but leave AoR out of it, because I will defend that guild to the end.
Old 08-06-2002, 12:50 PM   #59
Fritti Tailchaser

I've got nothing but love for the majority of people in Affliction - the people I was guilded with when I was there, were for the most part a good bunch of people.

But if you're going to drag me into this, be accurate. Magister never did any sort of "hard sell" to get me to join, nor were they the reason I left Affliction in the first place. Despite what some people say about Magister, they are not the Siren Song of Erollisi Marr - had I not felt they were the guild for me, I wouldn't have joined them (a good 5-6 months AFTER I left Affliction, by the way). They didn't hypnotize or brainwash me. Ana didn't send me a tape that had subliminals on it saying: Join Magister for Phat Lewt...

Use the argument that my best friend (Anastia) was in Magister and so she must have tried to recruit me. WRONG. Ana, as any good friend would, wanted me to enjoy playing. She left Affliction LONG before I did. Had I really only joined the guild for her, I would have left when she did.

I'll end by saying that bringing her name, and mine, into a thread about "using guilds" is tasteless, and I would have thought below the people who brought us up. This implies that both Anastia and myself "used" Affliction to our own ends and bailed. Neither Anastia nor myself got our epic while in Affliction. I can't think of anything truly "uber" that we scored and then took with us when we left (I returned the Elder Spiritist Arms and the Golem Tear Ring loaned to me by Gloriana, as well as one of those Chardok shields that sell for nothing now to... Nocrad maybe - an officer.). I did retain one thing, a Crystal Chitin Chestplate that up until about 2 months ago, I was still using. If you guys wanna talk to me about getting some sort of reimbursement for that, just let me know and I'll be happy to pay you what you think it was worth to you.

-FT
Old 08-06-2002, 01:03 PM   #60
Arnwolf Magnuson

The truth is that I lured Fritti into Magister, when (disguised as my cleric) I gave her a Runed Mithril Bracer. Yes, I later let her pay me back for it, but the seeds of uberness were sown that day.
Old 08-06-2002, 01:29 PM   #61
Greell the druid

damn----it turned into a magister battle post

~Greell~
Old 08-06-2002, 01:44 PM   #62
Mitch The Blonde

So Hothgar is Magister GM..?

WTG Hothy!!!

I owe Hothy money and now I feel like i'm in debt to a Mafia Don or something.....

/run

Mitch

ps /hug Arn

Old 08-06-2002, 02:12 PM   #63
Colwynn

"However, many guilds are stuck in this "midway" status due to the very actions you describe."
You're entire post nailed it right on the head, Bumamgar. I could not have described it better.
Old 08-06-2002, 02:13 PM   #64
Colwynn

Bah, that's "your". =/
Old 08-06-2002, 02:23 PM   #65
Chiteng

Default Re: Mitch

Hi Blondi,

Yeah now I will have to lay off Magister. Damn just wouldnt feel right.
Oh well, there are other windmills!

*Sharpens up his lance*

byby