Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Rants and Flames

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2002, 11:23 AM   #1
Dawnen

Default SOE's idea of good customer service ??

I thought I had seen it all when it came to GMs until the other night in ToV. GM Brettan's words in a /shout:

"If we have ANY further reports from this zone, of training, KSing, or I dont like the color of that person's eyes, we are going to remove everyone from the zone".

I guess you can look at that and say that it is OK to go ahead and train/KS people and the worst that is going to happen is that everyone gets ported out of the zone. I wonder if that is really SOE's position ??
Old 08-09-2002, 11:26 AM   #2
Dwarkarn

Well if people were in there acting like children and bitching then I agree with the GM. GM's aren't babysitters. If this was not the case then please ignore what I just said.
Old 08-09-2002, 11:35 AM   #3
Martigan

I get the same way. When my two daughters start fighting, they scream, hit, and fall on the ground like a wet noodle. They both come to me and argue their cases...I get so frustrated I yell "SHUT UP! IF I HEAR ANOTHER NOISE FROM EITHER OF YOU, I'M GONNA..."
Old 08-09-2002, 11:54 AM   #4
SkerryNB

Default gonna what?

Paint pyshcadelic space worms on their walls in black light colors?
Old 08-09-2002, 12:09 PM   #5
Ulujain Ebonelphette

Default Re: gonna what?

Let me play the part of advocatus diaboli for a moment.

They (GM's) try to see to it that everyone gets a fair and equitable playfield. Everyone = everyone, not a select few, despite popular belief.
Old 08-10-2002, 03:34 AM   #6
Pyrastilia

Default .

If you had any clue how much crap the guides get over ToV (especially NToV) you'd know why they don't particularly gives a rat's arse. ToV is rarely occupied by one guild, the way the zone is designed and the fact that 99.9% of the mobs in there are lv 61+ means that a pull near another guild can often cause trains (especially if there is someone who is lv 55 or something in there), and just simple monk FD aggro can pass onto other players and not show itself for half an hour or more.

When you get every single one of those people petitioning, reporting, complaining - what do you expect the guides to say?

Personally I would've just flat out locked you out of the zone since you obviously can't handle it anyway.

Pyra
Grinda
KB
Old 08-10-2002, 03:41 AM   #7
Kerryn Darkwater

Default Re: .

Wow Pyra....you were in the zone at the same time?

Or is it only obvious to the psychics that Danwen cant handle the zone?
Old 08-10-2002, 03:44 AM   #8
Pyrastilia

Default .

People on both sides generally don't petition constantly and whine to guides to the point that ToV becomes an ignored zone CS wise when they can handle it. And when I say *you*, i meant it to apply to those involved.

I don't need to be psychic when something is obvious.

Pyra
Grinda
KB
Old 08-10-2002, 07:44 AM   #9
Dawnen

But the problem with the GM's throwing their hands in the air and giving up is that certain people use this to their advantage.

Some people (guilds) no longer feel any restraint when it comes to getting what they want. In the past, intentionaly training was something that could get you banned. Now the people that complain about getting trained are the ones that are getting warned.

Let's say:

2 guilds are racing to NToV.

Both guilds have close to the same number of people in the zone, but guild 1 maintains a slight lead.

Guild 1 decides that they have enough of the right classes there and starts pulling.

Guild 1 clears the hallway mobs.

Guild 1 moves up to hallway.

Guild 1 clears all the mobs in the middle area.

Guild 1 moves to cubby.

Guild 1 starts pulling rampagers.

Guild 2 apparently has a mage start CoH'ing guild 2 to an area that was just cleared by guild 1, and is right in the pull path of guild 1's monks.

Guild 1's monks pull another rampager to cubby. While guild 1 was fighting this mob, a monk from guild 2 brings at least 4-5 additional mobs from NToV to cubby and then FD's at guild 1's camp site.

Guild 1 is wiped out.

Guild 1 witnesses intentional training and petitions.

GM arrives.

GM threatens.

GM condones intentional training.

Old 08-11-2002, 10:17 PM   #10
Fori Shadowmoon

GM could have siad: "share it" and you all would have been pissy.

Not everyone likes or even agrees with PnP, but you have the morons out here that feel it is ther god given VI right to have any zone at any time and will run over (or train) any guild in the way GMs get pretty sick of all the crap being tossed around as if they were monkeys at the zoo....

Way I see it.. if a GM is in the zone.. they problem is already outta hand and you needed someone else to deal.
Old 08-12-2002, 03:18 PM   #11
Toxx The Wizard

Ohh! Ohh! I got one!

How about next time you realize that it's all just a game. It doesn't matter. Who ever gets to NToV first isn't going to make your penis any bigger IRL, it's just going to make that god awful stench that keeps your parents at bay, even worse.

So yes, bitch and moan about little sh!t like this. If you'd like, I can share with you some words of wisdom I was once told:

"Life is not fair"

So STFU, and quit your bitching. Worse things can happen to you than being locked out of ToV.