Erollisi Marr - The Nameless

Go Back   Erollisi Marr - The Nameless > EverQuest > Chit-Chat Lounge

Add/Share Add/Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2002, 12:32 PM   #1
phinder

Default best class to compliment this group

OK, so I was Pling a Cleric to Duel box with my Ranger, and Bro-in-laws Sk. Out of the blue, and RL friend of ours lets us know he has a Cleric we can use, so there goes the PLing for the cleric for now. So I'm thinking about making a new class to PL up, that would compliment our group. Right now, this possible group has, lvl 51 Ranger, lvl 54 SK, lvl 53 Cleric, lvl 45 Monk, Shaman, and lvl 60 enchie that can be thrown in from time to time. Now yes I know that's already 6 people, but if all had PoP, Couldn't the Raid ability be used, as I've heard with 7 to 8 people, xp loss doesn't seem that apparent. I'm thinking about making a Warrior, but I'm not sure if that's the best. I need to be able to Duel box the new Character, so ease of play is probably the best. What is everyone's idea? should I stick with Pling the cleric and have 2? or should I make another class? Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Old 10-29-2002, 12:47 PM   #2
Nirecnad the Trademaster

get a rogue, extra DPS will help.
Old 10-29-2002, 01:51 PM   #3
Zmek

For pure simplicity a rogue or wizard would help out a lot with your DPS which would be the biggest help to the group wizard has the added bonus of porting the group around. I also think a necro could be a good addition to the group they have many different things they can do to help the group and sending in pet and casting a few dots can be very simple. a bard would be helpfull but a challeng to duelbox unless you let your ranger run on auto, focusing on the bard also hotkeying the bard song would make it easier. you have a good balanced group right now so almost any class would work.

just my stupid suggetions

Zmek
Old 10-29-2002, 03:36 PM   #4
khaelwizzie

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>I've heard with 7 to 8 people, xp loss doesn't seem that apparent.[/quote]I've heard or read that the group xp bonus goes from positive 20% at 6 people to negative 40% at 7. I'd tend to believe it because VI wants this new feature to be implented for raid utility, not grouping. However, I wouldn't know for sure because I haven't used the raid window for anything besides raids, but you might want to test it a bit.

~Khael
Old 10-29-2002, 06:06 PM   #5
Iwka

MAGE!!!!
but i'm hugely biased.

rogues and wizzies are fun too... you basically just want damage cuz healing and aggro are covered. so no more hybrids... go for straight damage, thus any of the 3 above =P well... it's what i would do. hugely biased cuz those are my 3 fave classes /giggles. bards are fun too but. .. all that key work, might be hard to 2 box?

Iwka
Old 10-29-2002, 07:25 PM   #6
phinder

And we have a winner.... Time to dust off the Rogue I had been playing around with on that acct. Thanks you guys, I knew you folks would come through for me.
Old 10-30-2002, 03:24 PM   #7
Le Chevalier Blanc

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>rogues [...] are fun too... [/quote] Yes... Yes we are, Iwka. *grin*

-Le Chevalier Blanc
Barbarian Assassin of 60 winters, Erollisi Marr